The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Nyndyll
PD : O Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
First of all, Zecrom doesn't have a sprite. I think Jambo said the highest poke with a sprite is Duosion. Also, I don't know any randomizer that works with the patch. Only 2 things I know work are A-map and hex editing. I did use A-map to put starly in. If you need help, PM me and i'll try.

TweenyTodd
posted from DSi
It appears to have worked (all names in lower case), but when I go to a-map and try to add a pokemon I don't get passed deoxys. Not sinnoh or unova names.
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
gogojjtech

Nature: Quiet
Jambo51
Could you make a patch just for the directsound thing, so instead of five directsound have 12 like here
the directsound is a cool addition, but i cant use the whole thing for my hack, so i just want a patch specifically for that reason.
Thanks if you do it
The SoulSilver Music Patch - The Black Music Patch - Mega-Huge Sappy Tutorial - Time-Based Events - Yet Another Sprite Resource
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyndyll View Post
It appears to have worked (all names in lower case), but when I go to a-map and try to add a pokemon I don't get passed deoxys. Not sinnoh or unova names.
Which A-map are you using? 1.95 doesn't show the new pokes, only 1.92. Check your version.

EDIT: Only a few pokes show up. They are sinnoh pokes.

Last edited by TweenyTodd; February 28th, 2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Misleading
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

To all of you, read the bugs list which is IN THE FIRST POST. There's really no excuse for not reading the information I posted on the patch. It shows extreme disrespect for the effort, time and commitment I put into this and explaining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Known Bug List:
Spoiler:

No way to activate the new formes. You can manually activate them (Note: no sprites, just types) by setting the 27th byte of the Pokémon party data to something other than 0. However, the formes are only applicable to the upper half of the byte. That is, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30 (etc).

Size comparison is WAAAAAY off. All new Pokémon are Pikachu sized in the comparison.

Some moves do not have the correct effect.

The moves are still in development, and may not match their gen 5 counterparts 100%.

The new moves all use the old animations, literally copied and pasted into the new slots. This will be rectified at a later date.

Couple of weird graphical bugs

A-Map doesn't support the new Pokémon in its wild editor. There is nothing I can do about that.

No Pokémon above Duosion has valid sprite data. They will most likely crash the game if you attempt to use them.

I haven't yet added the pallet getting code modifications for most formes, so the game will default to the basic pallet regardless of forme.
That means that NO version of A-Map supports the new Pokémon. The ONLY way (right now) to manipulate the wild data to include new Pokémon is to hex edit. This isn't a problem with the patch, but with how A-Map has the upper limit for Pokémon hardcoded to be 411.

The only reason that Turtwig - Bastiodon show up in it is because I replaced the Unown remnants (indices 252 - 276). IE, the indices are less than 412, which is the upper limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Jambo51
Could you make a patch just for the directsound thing, so instead of five directsound have 12 like here
the directsound is a cool addition, but i cant use the whole thing for my hack, so i just want a patch specifically for that reason.
Thanks if you do it
No. I don't take requests, and I certainly don't endorse the lazy culture which permeates the ROM hacking scene nowadays. Every other hacker demands a patch instead of taking the time to teach themselves to ASM hack, or even how to insert ASM!

What I just said may or may not apply directly to you, but it's something about this community (and all hacking communities) that annoys me.
Granted, there's no information on extending the Direct Tracks, so I would have accepted a request for information, but I most certainly will NOT create a patch.

The only reason that this (the 649 Patch) is a patch is because the changes are too wide ranging to be applied separately.

ETA: FYI, I posted the information on how to do the direct track thing in the quick R&D thread.

Last edited by Jambo51; February 28th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
gogojjtech

Wow thanks for telling me where it is i would have never guessed.
I wont bug you about it anymore, lesson learned.
just thats what big fans do i guess...
The SoulSilver Music Patch - The Black Music Patch - Mega-Huge Sappy Tutorial - Time-Based Events - Yet Another Sprite Resource
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
jog5454
Unhatched Egg

Does anyone know of a 649 patch for any other pokemon games?

Ultimate Random Challenge Progress: Fire Red 8/8 - Gold 16/16 - Emerald 0/8 - Diamond 0/8 - White 0/8
Random Challenge Teams:
Fire Red: Starmie lvl 64, Arbok lvl 60, Pidgeot lvl 60, Areodactyl lvl 62, Jolteon lvl 62, Tangela lvl 60
Gold: Typhlosion lvl 60, Furret lvl 60, Donphan lvl 60, Ampharos lvl 60, Persian lvl 60, Starmie lvl 60
Emerald: Scyther lvl 10
Diamond N/A
White N/A
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jog5454 View Post
Does anyone know of a 649 patch for any other pokemon games?
Yes, Chaos Rush is working on one for Ruby. He is also the man that is making the sprites for this patch.

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Yes, Chaos Rush is working on one for Ruby. He is also the man that is making the sprites for this patch.
Actually, I believe he stopped working on it because he decided to work on Fire Red.

Also, I created a text document that labels almost ALL the changes done to the rom.
I didn't include changes to pointers because then the file would be double in size.
If anyone asks, I might upload it.
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Nyndyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
Also, I created a text document that labels almost ALL the changes done to the rom.I didn't include changes to pointers because then the file would be double in size.
If anyone asks, I might upload it.
I'd like to see it. Maybe it would help with me figuring it out.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

I've fiddled around with A-Trainer and a hex editor to see if i could make a Trainer who uses the newer pokes. Turns out I can =).
Problem is i can't assign their pokes newer moves for a custom moveset. I've looked into the hex editor and correctly found where the information is stored, however I simply don't know the numbers for the moves.
Any help on the matter would be great.
TweenyTodd
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
I've fiddled around with A-Trainer and a hex editor to see if i could make a Trainer who uses the newer pokes. Turns out I can =).
Problem is i can't assign their pokes newer moves for a custom moveset. I've looked into the hex editor and correctly found where the information is stored, however I simply don't know the numbers for the moves.
Any help on the matter would be great.
TweenyTodd
Couldn't you just use PGE amd edit the .ini file? You would need to know the offset of the new pokemon data, but by the above, it seems you do, and if not, hopefully Dragoon will post his document.

On the other hand, you could do it with a hex editor by going to Bulbapedia and looking at the list of moves, converting their numbers to hex and then inserting them. The last time I looked at move sets, I believe the format was [level learned-X2 (one byte)][move number in reverse hex order(two bytes)] but I could be wrong since it has been a while because.... Who uses a hex editor when you can use YAPE or PGE?:p

Paired with Simba
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
ShyRayq

Quote:
I'd like to see it. Maybe it would help with me figuring it out.
Well, that is assuming that Jambo is okay with me actually doing it. If he doesn't mind, then maybe. But if he does...I don't know.

Old March 4th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Well, that is assuming that Jambo is okay with me actually doing it. If he doesn't mind, then maybe. But if he does...I don't know.
I'm perfectly happy to let you do it. Why wouldn't I be?

On another note, sorry for the lack of updates, been extraordinarily busy with University coursework and general life. I've developed a Battle Script editor to help make creating the new moves easier, so hopefully that'll help when I do get around to working on it.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:16 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
On the other hand, you could do it with a hex editor by going to Bulbapedia and looking at the list of moves, converting their numbers to hex and then inserting them.
This worked perfectly. I didn't know how A-Trainer arranged the moves, but now its obvious. Thank You.
TweenyTodd
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
alexmcm
Unhatched Egg

So, how far along is this project? Is there any chance of seeing hacks based off of it in the near future?
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

If you're looking for some sprites, I'd always be glad to lend a hand in making some! Just give me a PM or VM if you need any.

Also I was just wondering if you'd be able to give me some basic information about the new abilties and how you implemented them. It's something I'd like to do in the future but there simply isn't enough information out there about how to do it ie. offsets. I found your guide about extending the move table incredibly helpful and without it I'd have no idea at all really.

From what I do understand though, abilities require assembly as opposed to splicing move effects.

I understand completely if you don't have the time!

Thanks for hearing me out!
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Nyndyll

So... I recently did exactly what we were told not to do and tried some wild battles with some pokemon after duosion. I never got an error from the game, instead of giving the correct sprite, I got another's sprite.
(Ex: Expecting to find a Genesect lvl. 100 but found a Genesect lvl. 100, but appeared as a wormadam.)

Note: This may not be new information, but I felt that it may interest some people that the game never crashed.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
So... I recently did exactly what we were told not to do and tried some wild battles with some pokemon after duosion. I never got an error from the game, instead of giving the correct sprite, I got another's sprite.
(Ex: Expecting to find a Genesect lvl. 100 but found a Genesect lvl. 100, but appeared as a wormadam.)

Note: This may not be new information, but I felt that it may interest some people that the game never crashed.
Bad example, as Genesect and Meloetta happen to have valid sprite data. I used their slots to insert the alternate sprites for Wormadam and Burmy. Most Pokémon above Amoonguss (I haven't updated that first post for ages) don't have sprites.

ETA: Hey guys, did a bunch of ASM work last night, and I got a bunch of new move effects working. The moves which I did are the moves with variable base power. The only moves I (knowingly) skipped over in that category were Natural Power and Fling.

Haven't updated the patch just yet, just wanted you guys to know development is still progressing, albeit slowly.

Last edited by Jambo51; March 8th, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Yes, Chaos Rush is working on one for Ruby.
um no I'm not. I stopped working on that almost a year ago.

Quote:
He is also the man that is making the sprites for this patch.
That, however, is true.
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:52 PM
ShyRayq

Hey Jambo, are you still going to make that document that shows all the changes in the rom like you said you would? Because if you still are, then, my research on the 649 rom seems to be, for nothing.
But I don't know

Old March 9th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Nyndyll

Quote:
Bad example, as Genesect and Meloetta happen to have valid sprite data. I used their slots to insert the alternate sprites for Wormadam and Burmy. Most Pokémon above Amoonguss (I haven't updated that first post for ages) don't have sprites.
So they haves sprite data, it's just not their sprite?
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Hey Jambo, are you still going to make that document that shows all the changes in the rom like you said you would? Because if you still are, then, my research on the 649 rom seems to be, for nothing.
But I don't know
Well, if you're doing it, then why should I bother to? I don't mean that in a lazy way, but you've gone to all that work of mapping the additional data, it'd be a shame not to let you release it. I tell you what. Ask me about the stuff you're unsure about, and I'll see if I can work out what it is for you.

Take this discussion to the VMs, though. We don't wanna be spamming up the thread with chat about that.

Quote:
So they haves sprite data, it's just not their sprite?
Uh... If you mean Genesect and Meloetta, then yes. But the rest of the Pokémon in between Amoonguss and Meloetta (not inclusive) do not have sprites and could crash the game if you tried to battle them.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Nyndyll

Quote:
If you mean Genesect and Meloetta, then yes. But the rest of the Pokémon in between Amoonguss and Meloetta (not inclusive) do not have sprites and could crash the game if you tried to battle them.
Okay. That answers my question.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Does Shaymin have a Sky Forme or is it something we should add ourselves?
Is the sprite even there?
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Nyndyll

Quote:
Does Shaymin have a Sky Forme or is it something we should add ourselves?
Is the sprite even there?
I was just about to ask this! How about giratina? Would we just give it the gisreous orb and it change forme?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links