• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Tropius also needs a pre-evo. It just HAS to get the Roselia treatment. The pre-evo should be pure Grass and looks like a smaller version of Tropius, but then without wings and the bananas beneath its chin.

It may sound weird, but I hope for an Onix pre-evolution! It just doesn't seem like it can hatch from an egg, it is plain wrong. And its baby version is a pure Rock type and has 3 body parts; First its head is just a boulder. The middle is a smaller booulder with cracks and all and the last part is its tail.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Tropius also needs a pre-evo. It just HAS to get the Roselia treatment. The pre-evo should be pure Grass and looks like a smaller version of Tropius, but then without wings and the bananas beneath its chin.

It may sound weird, but I hope for an Onix evolution! It just doesn't seem like it can hatch from an egg, it is plain wrong. And its baby version is a pure Rock type and has 3 body parts; First its head is just a boulder. The middle is a smaller booulder with cracks and all and the last part is its tail.

It's a REALLY big egg =P

But that would actually make physiological sense. It does seem weird something like Onix who is a gargantuan Pokémon hatches from an egg. Then again, Snorlax can too (even with Munchlax), so who knows really =P

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I don't really see either of those happening. Arbok is kind of established how it is, and if they gave Seviper an evolution they'd have to give on to Zangoose as well, since they're a pair. Zangoose is already strong enough as it is, so I'm just not seeing it.
a lot of pair pokemon have had one evolve and the other not, like the jynx magmar electabuzz but i think jynx didn't get an evo for a reason that would be so broken blizzard + jynx = x_x

If anything I think Weezing is fine as it is, there's no real need for an evolution and adding some sort of third...head-thing would just look awkward on it. If it were to happen, I'd also expect to see a Muk evolution, but what can a pile of goop really evolve into?
more goop!
what would be the difference between grimer and muk?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
a lot of pair pokemon have had one evolve and the other not, like the jynx magmar electabuzz but i think jynx didn't get an evo for a reason that would be so broken blizzard + jynx = x_x

Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar weren't a pair. They are seen as counterparts by fans but they are NOT paired or whatever. Just like Miltank & Tauros, Scyther & Pinsir, Mantine & Skarmory. Official paired Pokémon are for example: Plusle & Minun, Lunatone & Solrock.

Years
Sudowoodo evolution? It feels to me like that the bonsley/sudowoodo was just uncomplete. I feel like Sudowoodo is more of a middle stage pokemon and should have an evolution after him. Any thoughts? Also the Slugma/Magcargo one too. I feel as if Magcargo is a middle stage in that one and needs one more evolution.

Years
Sudowoodo...hm....it would actually be pretty interesting if it was given an evolution, though I imagine it wouldn't make too much of a difference as to where it is now. It's kind of a shame because Sudo is kind of a cool Pokemon, but the problem lies that it's actually too slow to do anything. u_u Same problem with Slugma/Magcargo, except 4x ground as well as 4x water weak. I don't see that going away with it's evolution, and unless Magcargo's evo beefs up on the offenses, I don't see it being any more threatening, either. D:

My idea for the Sudowoodo one is well to me he always seemed like a want to be rock/grass type. So I was thinking make him look a little more like a tree in a way with huge stones/boulders for feet. Just little things like that.

What about a Relicanth evolution???

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
My idea for the Sudowoodo one is well to me he always seemed like a want to be rock/grass type. So I was thinking make him look a little more like a tree in a way with huge stones/boulders for feet. Just little things like that.

What about a Relicanth evolution???
I don't think Relicanth will ever evolve due to it being based on a living fossil that hasn't evolved irc from the times of when beasts roamed the earth.

Also dinosaurs were born from eggs, and some of them were quite large...so those who say it seems odd it's not really,especially for those based on dinosaurs/dragons. What's odd is imagining a 10-16 year old carrying that thing around...maybe the eggs are super compressed like the pokeballs which may explain why pokemon usually don't mind being stuck in them as it may be natural for them.

Years
I think they will have a Pinsir and heracross Pre-evolution. Heracross' Pre-evo will be called Crysscross and I forgot the name of pinsirs. I think it will be revealed on March 15th

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Speaking of things that need evo's, why not some pokemon that could use pre-evolutions as well? I'll start by posting the list of everything banned in Little Cup:

Carvanha
Meditite
Gligar
Scyther
Sneasel
Tangela
Vulpix
Yanma

The few that jump out at me are mons that originally never evolved such as Gligar and Sneasel, Scyther, Tangela, and Yanma. Giving all of these pre-evolutions would assist in putting them in Little Cup with a reasonable BST. I would also say Skarmory has long needed one as well since its pair Mantine got one in gen 4, not too late to fix this stuff.

Plus some of them would be incredibly adorable and egg mons have always been interesting in how they can expand the movepool but exclude attacks stuck in the past generation. The lack of expanding existing mons is something that really bugged me about gen 5, so here is hoping they do add some more.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I feel like Camerupt deserves an evolution of some kind.

Numel is one of my favourite pokemon but I've never been that crazy about his evolution, well at the very least it would be hard to live up to the awesomeness that is Numel.

I don't think Relicanth will ever evolve due to it being based on a living fossil that hasn't evolved irc from the times of when beasts roamed the earth.

This is a huge stretch but they could always introduce an evolution method that ignores this completely. Like DNA manipulation as one example.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's a REALLY big egg =P

But that would actually make physiological sense. It does seem weird something like Onix who is a gargantuan Pokémon hatches from an egg. Then again, Snorlax can too (even with Munchlax), so who knows really =P

All the eggs are the same size and the Pokemon "Evolve" from the eggs when they hatch. Both Anime and games sorta show this, so size of the Pokemon that hatches isn't relevant to getting new baby Pokemon. Some Pokemon are smaller than the eggs they hatch from, such as Joltik.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
All the eggs are the same size and the Pokemon "Evolve" from the eggs when they hatch. Both Anime and games sorta show this, so size of the Pokemon that hatches isn't relevant to getting new baby Pokemon. Some Pokemon are smaller than the eggs they hatch from, such as Joltik.

...It was a joke. However I've never really seen it in the games (since it kind of just flashes the whole screen white and then reveals the Pokémon), but if the Anime shows it like that (since I have no clue on that aspect) then that makes sense.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Would it be okay if Lickitung got a pre-evolution as well? o:

I think that would be pretty interesting and it would probably be a pretty cool design too, but I feel like they are done with the Lickitung line. :/ I think if they were going to make a Lickitung pre evolution they would have done so in gen 4... but who knows it could happen.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think that would be pretty interesting and it would probably be a pretty cool design too, but I feel like they are done with the Lickitung line. :/ I think if they were going to make a Lickitung pre evolution they would have done so in gen 4... but who knows it could happen.

Yeah, there's no real reason for it to get a pre-evolution anyways, it doesn't really need it at all. However I would love to see an evolution for Sabeleye. It's stats are pretty much pathetic and all it has going on for it is its typing and Prankster, which isn't really much when it can get taken down by two mildly strong attacks from anything decent.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I can see Sableye and Mawile getting evolutions (and possibly pre-evolutions) this generation, but only together since they're were a "pair" in RSE (version exclusives found int he same area I mean). It would be neat to get both of their evolutions because Sableye has that interesting typing with Prankster (and he's already pretty decent, but with better stats I'd be interested how he'd affect the metagame). As for Mawile, I feel with better attack and speed it could be a pretty decent sweeper with Life Orb / Sheer Force combo in lower tiers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Yeah I pretty much agree. In fact I thought Lickilicky was a pre-evolution... shows how much I knew before competitive! But yeah, I think they're over that line and should move onto something new~~

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I can see Sableye and Mawile getting evolutions (and possibly pre-evolutions) this generation, but only together since they're were a "pair" in RSE (version exclusives found int he same area I mean). It would be neat to get both of their evolutions because Sableye has that interesting typing with Prankster (and he's already pretty decent, but with better stats I'd be interested how he'd affect the metagame). As for Mawile, I feel with better attack and speed it could be a pretty decent sweeper with Life Orb / Sheer Force combo in lower tiers.

I don't think Sableye and Mawile will get pre-evolution, they both are already pretty weak and do not need a further weaker form. What they DO need is an evolution, I couldn't care less for Mawile, but I have always liked Sableye and I believe it deserves an evolution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think Sableye and Mawile will get pre-evolution, they both are already pretty weak and do not need a further weaker form. What they DO need is an evolution, I couldn't care less for Mawile, but I have always liked Sableye and I believe it deserves an evolution.

But if it did get an evolution, something w/o any super effective attacks ever on it WOULD have eviolite... :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As well as that it also has Prankster which makes it a lot worse than just having no weaknesses, so eviolite makes it even worse than that lmao.

Back