The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old March 4th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Just so this title doesn't get too confusing....

Black and White first introduced us to Black City/White Forest. In this areas, you had the opportunity to battle some pretty strong trainers, but in order to actually utilize these areas to their maximum potential, you had to interact with the opposite game. For example, if you had Black, you had to interact with players who have White version in order to gain more residents for Black City, and vice-vera.

Black and White 2 operates on a different principle I believe, and Gamefreak decided to include a battle tower of some sort. While interaction with the opposite version was no longer required, this "battle facility" challenged the player, as several trainers ranged from level 50 to level 80(I believe that's all the way at the top) were thrown at you from pretty much all directions. Unless you found a medic(especially if you were on the higher floors), battles could get quite hectic at times.

But all of that being said, would you guys like X and Y to have their own version of Black City and White Forest? What would you want included in them? Would you want them to have their own Battle Facilities such as B2W2, or wild Pokemon kind of like White Forest, or both?
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Honestly I like the fact that you were given experience from these areas, but I like the concept of a Battle Frontier so much more. If there was a way to have both types of facilities I would find that extremely ideal. But if I had to choose I'd prefer a Battle Frontier.

Old March 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Khrysta

Black City and White Forest were just a Gen 5 gimmick. I don't see it repeated in X and Y rather replaced with something else that'll be in both games.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Black City and White Forest were just a Gen 5 gimmick. I don't see it repeated in X and Y rather replaced with something else that'll be in both games.
Of course! I suppose to better word my question: it wasn't really to ask whether or not Black City/White Forest would make a return, but what you'd rather see in X/Y's version of it, if anything. XD Hope that helps, unless I'm misinterpreting your reponse!
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I hope that X&Y bring a feature that is similar to this because I was lucky to choose the White version and get the chance to catch rare Pokemon in the Forest. It was definitely something that they should bring back with a new experience.

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Forever

Wouldn't mind them being included but I think they're better suited for Unova. However, with that in mind, there could be something like Spiral Tower - and for each version to relate to chromosomal Pokemon (as in X-exclusives and Y-exclusives). :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sorbet
King coming through.

Meh, I didn't really use those places. I'm here for something new, maybe just a Battle Frontier with some version changes.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Black City and White Forest are only exclusive to the Unova games as it shows the Unova region of the theme it is trying to imply. Both are technically opposite as Black City and White Forest show an Urban and Rural environment, respectively. Black and White versions are basically opposites and so gives the reason for a version exclusive location, as well as different environments both games have to each other.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Personally, I think I remember touching the Black Forest for about a week, and then never going back there again. When I got my copy of White, I didn't even bother.

I like the idea of having areas exclusive to their respective game with unique exclusive features. That sounds great! If X and Y can pull something off like that without making it seem, as stated earlier, like a "gimmick", then I'd be all over it, and it would give me more incentive to buy both versions(even though I plan on doing so anyway, haha).
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Time for me to post my opinion!

I'd love it of X/Y were to have their own gimmick like Black and White did! I thoroughly enjoyed Black City, and it got even better when they included a battle facility in it, so maybe they could include something like that in the games? I mean, as long as it has a battling facility I don't really care, but still. xD; I just want something to do as far as this gimmicks are concerned, and to not be bored, though I can't say Black City/White Forest were that boring by any means, I just wish there was kind of more to do with them, I suppose.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Time for me to post my opinion!

I'd love it of X/Y were to have their own gimmick like Black and White did! I thoroughly enjoyed Black City, and it got even better when they included a battle facility in it, so maybe they could include something like that in the games? I mean, as long as it has a battling facility I don't really care, but still. xD; I just want something to do as far as this gimmicks are concerned, and to not be bored, though I can't say Black City/White Forest were that boring by any means, I just wish there was kind of more to do with them, I suppose.
There's only really so much they could do/offer to reduce boredom, really. A battling facility probably wouldn't occur there, at least not in the first version imo. Maybe in the third game...??

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links