The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle

Back in Gen IV, we were introduced with the Sinnoh Underground. It was this in which you, the player, travel underground to unearth various items, whether they may be fossils, elemental stones, and the like. Now my question to you all is, would you like something like this to make a return in the 6th generation games? Would you like there to be more features, more things you can do underground than build secret bases? Or would you just be satisfied with the re-introduction of the Underground as it is?
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
While I wasn't a big fan of gen 4, I loved this feature. It was so fun digging and finding rare fossils and stones I would spend hours digging. I would love to see this return!

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
I actually really enjoyed the Underground. It was an interesting mini-game that gave you access to more fossils and evolutionary stones, which was definitely needed in DPP. Although I never used the social aspect of it, I'd love to see it brought back again, as the mining was more convenient and entertaining than having to find someone to trade with to get the items you want!

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Nature: Relaxed
I loved the Underground, it was a great feature. Finding stones, shards and other various items was challenging and fun at the same time, it was always interesting seeing what you'd dig up, also it was good fun stealing flags and playing with friends! I still remember the days of me being eight and running off with flags, before getting caught in countless traps. :P

And to get to the topic, yes I'd definitely like to see something like this return! It'd be great building 3D seccret bases and I'd like to see what they do, if this does return.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
To answer my own thread, I'd love for something like this to make a return! The only thing I'd wish would be different is if it you could connect with someone via wi-fi, and then you guys could go digging together, right? :3 That'd make the experience more awesome and enjoyable~ More items that you could find underground would be awesome, too!
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
No thanks, I didn't like the underground. I thought the archaeology part of it was nice but the whole wandering around such a uniform and boring place I can do without. Plus it was boring for me because it only had local multiplayer.

I would rather they brought back secret hideouts in trees and mountains like in the 3rd gen and they just introduced a feature where you could dig for items on cave walls or rocks all over the region.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
I loved the underground, and I liked the secret bases a lot too. I think it would be neat if maybe there was a sort of base place, a specific place players would build there base. Then, you could connect with friends and check out their bases. Like the underground!
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Forever

The underground was annoying after a while really, because you wanted to keep digging but got so many duplicates, ugh. I think it only really suited Sinnoh because of the emphasis on mining which I doubt X/Y will have. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

As long as you can connect over wi-fi, I'd say it could return. I never used it much due to having no one to go to the underground and play with, but it seemed neat and useful for getting stones and fossils, which there will probably be even more of in gen 6 to collect.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
While I wasn't a big fan of gen 4, I loved this feature. It was so fun digging and finding rare fossils and stones I would spend hours digging. I would love to see this return!
I agree so much!
Gen 4 was a bit meh to me... It was good but not as fun for me. But I did love the underground a lot. I think maybe since I am a fan of minigames. (In gen 3 I did contests a lot, and in games the game corner is in, I always played there a lot. Emerald was probably my favorite game, and I spent all my time in Mauville and Lilycove. XD) The underground in Gen 4 was a fun minigame. I would love its return but somehow I think they won't bring it back.

I think they probably will have some kind of new minigame(s) though. I enjoyed the underground in particular, since you move around your character and go to another interface to play the game. Whereas slots or roulette or card flip or Voltorb flip is just sitting and only playing the game. I thought the underground was well thought out and a great intro to the touch screen too, since Gen 4 was the first on the DS.

I hope whatever new minigames they do have are fun and very interactive though... Contests were fun because they had strategy and planning, and game corner stuff is fun because, well, um gambling is addictive?? XD Underground was fun because it was so interactive... But I don't like the Musicals in 5th gen much, since they are kinda less interactive than everything else... I have not done Pokestar Studios much (only the required one) since I've just been kinda lazy. lol But I hear it's fun from my friends, I think something like that could be good too.

But what I loved about the Underground is you didn't have to be in a specific location in game, and it's not really that tedious to get prizes (like the game corner). You can just go down there whenever, run around a little bit unti you find the spot to play, and you get the prize right there. I hope Gen 6 can have a nice game that has interactivity, and easy playability (no having you go all the way to some location, or at least have it in multiple places). And it's good if it's multiplayer-optional. You can do it with friends but you should be able to get a good experience out of it alone too.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links