Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Suggestion: Quoting notifications?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old March 4th, 2013 (06:14 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!
Team Johto

I think it'd be a cool idea to integrate some sort of notification that lets you know when you've been quoted so you can respond.

Frankly I find myself stumbling on threads that are too old to respond to anymore and then seeing someone quote me and I would like to respond, but didn't know they quoted me.

Would it be possible to consider integrating something like this at all? Or is it just.. Impossible?
I dunno I thought it would be an awesome thing to have so that we don't have to check the mass amounts of threads all the time.
Old March 4th, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Team Hoenn
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I think that could get annoying if you're someone that gets quoted a lot. If it was something that you could enable or disable though, then I don't see a problem in it. Though even still, not everyone uses the quote feature or they use it differently (ie. I just c/p what I'm replying to and put quote tages around it, without listing who said it so it'd be of no use in that case) so it wouldn't cause you to catch every reply. But I could see this being useful for people that ask questions in Q&A threads often or post in debates in OC&D that want to know when they're replied to.

As long as it's not a required feature, I think it'd be okay. I wouldn't use it though, but I could see where others would want to.

Alternatively, you could just subscribe to the threads you want to know what people reply to you with. So with that being said, we technically do have this feature haha.

paired to klippy
Old March 4th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
This is something that's been suggested multiple times before and always gotten a solid amount of support. I know it's possible on VB4, but idk about our version of it.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 4th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
I think that could get annoying if you're someone that gets quoted a lot. If it was something that you could enable or disable though, then I don't see a problem in it. Though even still, not everyone uses the quote feature or they use it differently (ie. I just c/p what I'm replying to and put quote tages around it, without listing who said it so it'd be of no use in that case) so it wouldn't cause you to catch every reply. But I could see this being useful for people that ask questions in Q&A threads often or post in debates in OC&D that want to know when they're replied to.

As long as it's not a required feature, I think it'd be okay. I wouldn't use it though, but I could see where others would want to.

Alternatively, you could just subscribe to the threads you want to know what people reply to you with. So with that being said, we technically do have this feature haha.
I meant to say it would be able to be disabled.

Wait, subscribing to threads lets you do this?

**Is there a way to make myself auto subscribed to all my own threads?
Old March 4th, 2013 (06:25 PM). Edited March 4th, 2013 by flight.
dreamme,myWorld
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
It seems that you aren't the only one to suggest this(lol that was a long time ago, nevermind)!

Going by the replies from that thread, it seems that having a notification for quotes would be counter-productive, but who knows? Things could be different now, and personally, I wouldn't mind this!

» my dreamiverse
Old March 4th, 2013 (06:32 PM).
Team Hoenn
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:

I don't use that feature myself, so I can't say for sure. It wouldn't direct you right to where you've been quoted though, I'm sure. But yeah, you can subscribe to threads. :)

I still like your suggestion though!

paired to klippy
Old March 4th, 2013 (06:34 PM).
Team Kanto

Nature: Calm
Would be nice for this to be an option to have as a notification, because it's helpful if you don't remember to check the challenge thread you signed up for.
Old March 4th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
adventure seeker
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

It'd be quite difficult, and frankly too much trouble, to code the feature. I too would like it, but I believe the main reason that it was turned down in the past was because it would require a lot of database queries. Meaning there would be some massive strain on the server. A lot of flags need to get checked in a feature like this and the current software that we're on doesn't really support a smooth running of such a functionality.

| | |
Old March 4th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
I meant to say it would be able to be disabled.

It just emails (if you decide for it to email you, that is, but that's the only form of notification you get) you (which is a terrible form of notification, in my opinion) when people reply to your thread. Not if people quote you.
Old March 5th, 2013 (05:39 AM).
twitter.com/kuraberrym
Team Hoenn

Nature: Serious
I can suggest doing a name search for yourself perhaps every evening or once you've logged on, so that it might help you keep track of who has quoted you until another solution is found :33
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links