The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Ah yes. The Good ol' Trainer card. Throughout the generations, we've had a lot of things on our trainer card. Back in Generation III, it was just a regular ol' trainer card. And then we got our ability to clean badges, but is it possible that we could do more than that? What other feature would you want to be included in the Trainer Card? It's quite a forgettable thing sometimes, so what can be done in order to make the Trainer Card more useful instead of just checking how much money you have and how many badges you have?
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I don't think there's much more they could add to it. I mean it shows all the pertinent information it should (Game time, badges, accomplishments), and the second screen badge shining was a smart addition for it. If they added much more to it I think it'd just look super cluttered and it'd be overkill.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I liked being able to clean our badges and that would be nice to have back, but other than that I don't see much that can be improved.

Old March 4th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Maybe just include more details about your journey...? Kind of like what the medals did in a way but in a shorter easier-to-read way!
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Maybe make it a little more customizable? Make it more unique to the player while still showing the basic data.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:22 PM
MrTripStack
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I would love to have a few more options for Trainer Card customization. I'd imagine that this game would have some sort of Street Pass feature, which could include showing the cards of the players you've passed. This would be much more interesting if everybody was able to edit their cards in some way. Even a simple choice of color would be better than nothing.

I always loved the option to sign the back of your card and I actually miss the option to "stamp" your team on your card (which was an option for FRLG, if I remember correctly). And as opposed to popular opinion of those on this thread; I hated having to clean my badges in DPPt. It just felt like an awful chore for me.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:31 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTripStack View Post
I would love to have a few more options for Trainer Card customization. I'd imagine that this game would have some sort of Street Pass feature, which could include showing the cards of the players you've passed. This would be much more interesting if everybody was able to edit their cards in some way. Even a simple choice of color would be better than nothing.

I always loved the option to sign the back of your card and I actually miss the option to "stamp" your team on your card (which was an option for FRLG, if I remember correctly). And as opposed to popular opinion of those on this thread; I hated having to clean my badges in DPPt. It just felt like an awful chore for me.
ditto on the badge cleaning XD

my handwriting is really awful so i'm not really hoping for signing the trainer card that much and since it will likely have streetpass, allowing people to draw whatever they want may not be such a good idea. since the 3DS is so much better at filtering foul language, i'd like to be able to completely customize my trainer quote. putting a team stamp or favorite pokemon would be nice.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Give it to us on the Pokedevice, and just have a badge case tab for the start menu. Bring back the stars, and have a trainer info area instead of just the trainer card on the Pokedevice. Stuff like battles, caught Pokemon, the sidequests and what not should all be clumped together as trainer stats.
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've never seen the Trainer Card as something that's supposed to be overly important or useful in the games, and I don't really see how much more they could do with it in X and Y. It is was it has always been, which is our identification in the world of Pokémon. I suppose I wouldn't mind them adding in a few extra details, but I don't think it necessarily needs anything more than that and certainly nothing overly fancy.

I was on the fence earlier about bringing back the option to clean our badges, but then I thought, "Naaaah!" The OCD person in me always got bothered when my Gym Badges got dirty and it became more of a chore than something fun after awhile. So, I'd be okay without it. The different musical notes that each badge has when you tap on them is nice enough.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
For features I want to see kept or being returned, I'd want these.

Natures - I loved how 5th Gen added these since it shows our personality more, and also changed how people in the Union Room spoke to you.

Sound when tapping badges - It's been around since D/P/Pt, and I liked tapping my badges when they made those cool sounds. I didn't like cleaning my badges constantly though, I was glad B2/W2 left that out.

Team Stamp - I never played FR/LG, but I heard this feature was kinda nice and would love to see it back.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old March 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
What about the Trainer Stars on the Trainer Card? Maybe they can be changed and distributed according to what you did during your gameplay. Perhaps more stars can be added, like, a star for hatching a certain number of pokemon eggs, or, winning 1000 wi-fi battles? Well, basically, I'd like the Trainer Cards have an award-system feel to it, where you can record all of your braggable accomplishments.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I think if the way they're showing accomplishments, then the star system could definitely come back, since it's a small way to show it and doesn't take up a lot of room. They could also potentially bring back changing the color of your trainer card based upon the accomplishments you've completed.

Sponsored Links