The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Keruso

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post

Fortunately this is only a problem in Emerald, so you might have more luck hunting in another game. FireRed and LeafGreen have something similar when soft resetting, but it shouldn't be a problem when walking around. Saving resets the way shinies appear every time, so if you ever decide to SR in FR/LG, all you need to do is resave every 25-35 SRs and you should be fine.
Maybe this is why i STILL HAVENT OBTAINED THAT FREAKING SHINY CHARMANDER..... i should listen to the Money more often
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:07 AM
King_21
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Hey guys I'm back ad I will start shiny hunting again ,
I will sr for a shiny registeel

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
So... the lurker returns yet again!

I'd been very fickle on my shiny hunts in the past... Changing the moment one got too tedious... But I finally got one to pan out... About two weeks ago I decided to start soft resetting again. The target? White 2 Latias. After the first hour it became mechanical in process... and today? Had been going bad. Already I had been pushed to tears from other influences... And then, as if to cheer me up....

Spoiler:

It chose to shine! If I had to estimate it was around 1500 SRs to get the beauty. She's impish nature, but I'm just happy I got it. It really turned around my day.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Hello!

I saw your forum thread about the shiny hunters, and I thought it would be cool if I became a shiny hunter. I've only ever seen and caught one shiny, and it was a Paras from Mt. Moon. I'm not sure if I still have him or not.

I will try to hunt for shinies as much as I can. I guess my hunt will start with the three swordsmen, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion, wish me luck!

Peace!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:12 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Hey guys I'm off to bed, but so far this weekend got a decent amount of hunting done i will post below my numbers. I am hoping to get Diglett next because then I am going BACK to the special trees north of Cerulean and try for Combee after the disagreement we had about how cute charm effects shininess I gave up and went to Diglett, but after seeing several hunters on YT get shiny female Combee I figured cute charm does in fact not effect shininess so I will return to that. Good luck to everyone and their respective hunts.
Fossils - 2800 Revived
Diglett - 737 REs
Uxie - 702 SRs
Victory Road Grove ~ 3000 REs

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Mega Mawile

I have a question, though it may already be answered: can I use RNG abuse to find shinies?

Owned Challenges:
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurott01 View Post
I have a question, though it may already be answered: can I use RNG abuse to find shinies?
If I remember right, those don't count here. But yes. You can RNG shininess... But take it from someone who RNG'd in the past... It's just not as satisfying as finally finding your shiny after X amount of REs/SRs

In other news, SRing lens has been turned on Cress now that Latias sparkled. Wish me luck~
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
i should listen to the Money more often
"lol" :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
Spoiler:

It chose to shine! If I had to estimate it was around 1500 SRs to get the beauty. She's impish nature, but I'm just happy I got it. It really turned around my day.
Congrats!! I'm sorry about whatever else happened, but finding a shiny (especially a really awesome one like that) is always a great way to shine up your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
Wish me luck~
Good luck!

Quote:
Welcome to the club! You can RNG if you want to and we're not going to stop you from posting in the club, but as Kirozane said, it's not really fun. I know for sure that I don't enjoy it, and I'd highly recommend hunting shinies through one of the tougher methods, like SRing or MMing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
the disagreement we had about how cute charm effects shininess I gave up and went to Diglett, but after seeing several hunters on YT get shiny female Combee I figured cute charm does in fact not effect shininess so I will return to that.
This is really interesting. I hadn't heard anything about this before you posted this, so I looked it up and read some threads where other people debated it. It's always fun to read new stuff about shiny chances - thanks for posting about it, Arceus!

It appears that Cute Charm might have an affect on shininess, but only if your lead Pokemon has it. It's sort of like how having your lead have Synchronize can influence the nature of the Pokemon you find, but a wild Pokemon having Synchronize won't do anything to influence the already-set natures of your party's Pokemon.

Then again, the stuff I read on Cute Charm was mostly from this thread which is in the context of RNGing, so Cute Charm might work differently there than it does in normal settings. This post seems to say that if your hidden ID has a certain connection to your Trainer ID, then Cute Charm would improve your chances. But since we have absolutely no idea what our hidden IDs are, this shouldn't be relevant. The only possible implication is that if our two IDs don't have a certain relation, then finding shinies would be harder, but if our IDs do have the necessary relation, then finding shinies would be easier. Again, I think this has to do with having the lead Pokemon in your party have Cute Charm, but it doesn't sound like wild Pokemon with Cute Charm would have their probabilities changed.

So it seems like:

1) having a Cute Charm Pokemon as your lead may affect shiny chances in 4th gen, and
2) it will either raise or lower your chances of finding a shiny based upon some difference between your Trainer ID and your hidden ID. Therefore,
3) because we don't know what our hidden IDs are, much less how they relate to our Trainer IDs, this doesn't really change things. However, having a Cute Charm Pokemon might increase some of the risk of shiny hunting, as you might have a higher chance of finding shinies and you might have a much lower chance of finding shinies.

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; March 3rd, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Regigigas, Chr. Draco!

Congrats on the shiny Latias, Kirozane! Welcome back! Good luck!

Welcome to the club, Samurott01!

This week's random hunt is... Porygon!

I finished my journey on Black 2 a month ago, and since then I've been working on the Pokédex. I'm only about 1/3 done.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
Welcome to the club! You can RNG if you want to and we're not going to stop you from posting in the club, but as Kirozane said, it's not really fun. I know for sure that I don't enjoy it, and I'd highly recommend hunting shinies through one of the tougher methods, like SRing or MMing.
Thanks G-Money! I'm glad I was accepted and I hope to find lots of shinies in the future. I know SRing is soft resetting, but what is MMing?

Owned Challenges:
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Thanks G-Money! I'm glad I was accepted and I hope to find lots of shinies in the future. I know SRing is soft resetting, but what is MMing?
MM means Masuda Method, meaning that you breed a Non-English Poke thats NOT from your game with a Poke that IS from your game, giving you better chances of hatching a shiny
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Woo haven't been here in a while! Congrats to all those who have gotten shinies since I've last been here, and good luck to everyone! The reason I'm back is because shiny hunting has piqued my interest. (for now at least, we'll see how long it holds!)

I'm about to try for my first MM target! It'll be secret, because who doesn't love secrets? I hope this works out!
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:07 AM
ShinyKid00

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to ShinyKid00
...i wanna join? can i?
....please?
i dont know :/
can i?
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Emilia
Relapsed

Nature: Careful
Hello! I've played Pokemon for seven years, but the only shiny I've ever caught was lost when my DS battery died. I'd love to get into shiny-hunting. Might I join?

Emilia • 16 • Platinum • SoulSilver

the amber fuji & ambertwo club
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
Hiya there! Love Pokemon and I consider myself a shiny hunter. My goal; complete the entire generation 4 pokedex with shiny Pokemon. I haven't gotten that far yet though... but I'm dedicated! At this very moment I'm trying to nail a shiny bulbasaur in Leaf-green. May I join?
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
G-Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyKid00 View Post
...i wanna join? can i?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
Might I join?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSvenson View Post
May I join?
Definitely! Welcome to the club, everyone! It's awesome to see three people join on the same day.

Sorry to hear about your lost shiny, Emilia. What Pokemon was it?

Good luck on your Bulbasaur hunt, CrowSvenson - that's a really awesome goal to have!

Old March 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
MM means Masuda Method, meaning that you breed a Non-English Poke thats NOT from your game with a Poke that IS from your game, giving you better chances of hatching a shiny
Alright, thanks! I might shift my first target to a Totodile. I will use the Masuda Method, cuz I managed to get a Japanese Totodile from my HeartGold Version. Wish me luck!

Owned Challenges:
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Emilia
Relapsed

Does MM work with any combination of countries? I've been breeding my American Eevee with my British Ditto.

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, ShinyKid00, Emilia, and CrowSvenson!

Quote:
Does MM work with any combination of countries? I've been breeding my American Eevee with my British Ditto.
No, it has to be two different languages, so American + British won't work.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Emilia
Relapsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Welcome to the club, ShinyKid00, Emilia, and CrowSvenson!

No, it has to be two different languages, so American + British won't work.
;~; All that time wasted... Ah, well! Has anyone got a non-English Eevee up for trade?

Old March 8th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
;~; All that time wasted... Ah, well! Has anyone got a non-English Eevee up for trade?
The place to look for that is on the quick trade thread. Please use that for your trade needs

Owned Challenges:
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Ceecee_101
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Hi everyone, I'm Ceece. (Ceecee-typhlosion on other forums, so some of you may know me)

My 1/8192 shinies are
Swampert approx. 30 SR
Voltorb RE
Quilava 181 x 3
Rayquaza approx. 7700 SR
Chikorita 505 x3 SR
Totodile 5179 x 3 SR
Chikorita 6118 x 3 SR
Petilil 4559 RE
Cyndaquil 2645 x3 SR

My current targets are:
Shroomish - Petalburg Woods 1800 RE + 3301 MM eggs.
Abra - 4113 + 3184 (changed versions)
Route 32 - 2200 RE - Hoping for Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim lost shinies from G/S/C
Torchic - 5830 SR

On Hold:
Ho-Oh - 1180

Feel free to give estimates of how long you think it will take me to get my hunts
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:26 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Been A while since I updated but heres all the shiny's I've found,
Zigzagoon (Emerald)
Pidgeotto (Pokemon Legend of Guardians)
Rattata (Heart Gold)
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Hi there!
I'm new to the forums and was interested in joining this club!
I've been an avid pokemon fan since I was a little girl, now 25 and still kicking. Haha. I mostly play White 2 right now but I also sometimes stream speed runs of older games and I'm interested in streaming some challenges/races at some point.
I've always loved finding shinies, but I never really considered hunting them before and now that I've done all the content in my white 2, I'd like to try to pick it up in preparation for X and Y! The only shinies I've found without them being automatic in the game are ghastly and ditto in Pokemon Pearl and flaafy (now ampharos) in Pokemon HeartGold.
I have this weird goal of having an all purple team since it's my favorite color so I think my first shiny goal will be a vaporeon. :X

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old March 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
G-Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceecee_101 View Post
My current targets are:
Shroomish - Petalburg Woods 1800 RE + 3301 MM eggs.
Abra - 4113 + 3184 (changed versions)
Route 32 - 2200 RE - Hoping for Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim lost shinies from G/S/C
Torchic - 5830 SR

On Hold:
Ho-Oh - 1180

Feel free to give estimates of how long you think it will take me to get my hunts
Welcome to the club, Ceecee! I remember you from SHU.

Estimates:

Shroomish: 1
Abra: 895
Route 32: 5992
Torchic: 2362
Ho-oh: 7012

Those are really boring answers on my part, haha. :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevil View Post
Been A while since I updated but heres all the shiny's I've found,
Zigzagoon (Emerald)
Pidgeotto (Pokemon Legend of Guardians)
Rattata (Heart Gold)
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitori View Post
Hi there!
I'm new to the forums and was interested in joining this club!
Welcome to the club, Kitori! Good luck on your Vaporeon - having a team of all purple Pokemon (or better yet, all purple shinies!) would be totally awesome!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here