• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andrew "Andy" Rede

Andy bared his teeth now, wrinkling his nose. This way this girl was talking to Kiki... The way she was talking to him... It wasn't right. There was no way out of this situation. Catches was raring to go at it, kicking dirt at the girl gently as so not to hurt her. Kiki was clearly upset by this girl's insults, and that tipped a weight over in Andy's mind. Stepping forward, Andy brought his hand into a fist, using the other to jab a finger in Jen's direction.

"Where do you get off, challenging new trainers to battles? You call Kiki a moron for not studying behavior elsewhere where she could learn more, yet you're here pecking at the scraps like us instead of fighting battles with people of your own calibre? Doesn't that make you far more pathetic than even a pair of newbies, you hypocrite?" Andy inhaled after his sentence, shooting a dark glare at Jen. "And what's more, what would you be without your pokémon? Nothing. You'd be weak and helpless. Just like the rest of us." Andy laughed triumphantly, taking a stance. "Well... Most of us, anyway."

Andy didn't like being this way, but he had to admit, it felt good to be getting into things. He would show that he was no person's punching bag. He would lose this with dignity, and then go on to train Catches to beat her singlehandedly one day. No. He wouldn't do it to humiliate her, Jen didn't deserve that. But he would keep training. He and catches were going to reach the top, no matter the test. And starting now, it was go time. "I accept your challenge, witch." Andy sighed and signaled Jen to come at him as Catches took up his place in front of his trainer. With a grin, Andy finished. "Hurry up, I don't have all night."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki and Jen

Jen smirked and crossed her arms. Seems she had upset the little children, how cute.

"Oh, you two are angry, how adorable. At least you aren't shaking in fear anymore. Honestly, what you two dolts don't get is WHY I'm doing this. Picking on the weak? Maybe, but how else would weaklings get tougher? Anyways, there is no backing out now. Your stupid fighting type annoys me, and sickens me with his presence. Go, Umber!" Jen said, sending out an umbreon. The dark type gave the boy an odd look. Kiki knew this was not going to end well, then was shocked when several Full Restores hit the ground in front of her.

"Oy, heal your poemon and send it out! I was serious when I said it would take both of you to even hurt Umber." Jen said. Kiki quickly used the items and sent out Mouser, who squeaked softly.

"Rattata!" he cried. Jen had a very pleased look on her face.

"Don't you feel it? the power of this place, the darkness in the air. The perfect home for Dark types, the only place for someone like me. The doom, the desicration, all of it calling out to me. Truly, this is a fine night for a battle." the ivory haired ten said, looking genuinely happy. "Umber, start with Confuse Ray."

"Umbreon!" the fox said, opening her mouth and firing a ball of light at Catches.

"Mouser, get in the way!" Kiki cried suddenly, "if Catches is confused he might not be able to fight!"

"Ratata!" themouse cried, leaping in front of the ball of light, his eyes turning swirly. At least Catches would be able o do something.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt "Wyvern" Leon Bellerose

Although he didn't feel sleepy, Wyatt felt his eyes begin to feel baggy but resisted the urge to sleep. He was comfortable standing although it felt odd to speak to someone sitting so he sat on the floor with his back against the wall and his legs flat on the floor.

Wyatt received the sketchbook from Evie and scanned the picture. He almost had forgotton what the beach looked like and the picture was great.

"Instead of being a Nurse, it seems like you're trying to be an artist." Wyatt said with a sincere grin. He never really got into drawing unless it had to do with doodling. He traced his finger along the lines in the picture as he sat silently for a moment.

He began to ask how Evie met Leka although it would be awkward if she asked him that same question. His situation was different from how most people got their Pokemon.

"You used to live on a ranch, huh?" Wyatt asked, moving his legs so he could sit in a kneeling position. "I bet that was interesting from the sound of it. Hopefully you weren't distanced from any cities most of your life although that would necessarily be good or bad."

Wyatt handed the picture back to Evie with a slightly envious feel. She definitely had a future in becoming whatever she wanted but he had barely went to any classes while he was here. He would have to improve but procrastination was something that Wyatt excelled at unless he felt a self motivation to do so.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Cafeteria
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie just sort of stared at Kilik in an equally distrustful manner all like--Why you tryin' to take my Kiyoko away from me, bro? She then listened to what Kiyoko had to say and just sort of silently began to process the info. She didn't appear to have anything further to say about Mark. Rather, she would slowly pet Kiyoko in a fond manner to distract herself for a moment. Finally, she spoke.

"I hear Team Rocket is a pretty big deal in Kanto." she remarked idly. Frankly, she didn't have a clue who they were or what they were about. If they were anything like Team Plasma though, she resented them. "Anyway... Kiyoko's with me now--Where he's /safe/." she stated in a slightly defensive manner, staring at Kilik as she did so. She didn't like how he was trying to take Kiyoko away from her regardless of his intention. Somehow, it had occured to her to say this before acknowledging the elephant in the room.

"We'll fight Team Rocket if we have to." she stated bluntly, in a manner that suggested she didn't particularly look forward to it. She had other things to worry about, like finishing school and looking good!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
"So then why come to an Academy specifically for pokemon trainers? I mean, the clues in the name. Pokemon Trainer Academy. You could have learned to battle anywhere, just with practice."

She kept an eye on him as he got up and started to move around. If it helped him stay alert until the nurse arrived then she was fine with it, but she was half expecting to have to rush over and catch him when he keeled over. He totally owed her a TM or something for all of this, but she could just rib him about it when he was feeling better.

"I've had a few battles myself," she carried on, pointedly not looking at Cubone, "mostly on my way to the Academy. Once we've trained Shuppet and Litwick a little we can have a proper battle. But I think you might struggle with Corphish here," she grinned wickedly, "he's pretty boss."
"Cor-PHISH!"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn shrugged, "I found that there's a big difference between wild pokemon battles and trainer battles. That's why I was probably sent here." He looked back at Sammy and shrugged, "Since I'm here, I might as well learn about battling with other trainers. I have to start somewhere, right?" That reminded him: Shawn has yet to repay Sammy for all this.

Shawn went to his chest of drawers, looking for something to give her for payment. He rifled through his things before finding...a Luxury Ball. He remembered her saying she caught a Shuppet before they met. It wasn't much to pay her for what she did for him, but he could make it up later when he recovered.

Shawn tossed it onto his bed, near where she was sitting. "That's for you. I know its not much, but I'll make up for your trouble when I'm ok again. As for Corphish, maybe I'll have a good battle with him later on."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy stared at the Luxury Ball. What were the chances he would try and gift her with the same kind of pokeball she had accidently caught her Shuppet with? She shook her head. As much as she had been considering ribbing him over owing her, she never wanted any actual repayment. Besides, she could feel Corphish staring at her. He was an odd sort, with very unusual concepts of right and wrong. He probably didn't trust Shawn one bit, but if she tried to take a reward for a good deed he'd be as likely to pinch her as approve. Any means were appropriate if the cause was right, but he seemed to have issues with taking advantage of people.

"I didn't help you out for any reason other than that you needed it Shawn. Keep the ball, they're seriously expensive. Just promise me that whatever pokemon you catch with it, I get the first battle. That seems fair enough to me. Deal?"

siiadams

Years
"I just didn't want you to think I was taking advantage of your generosity," Shawn said, slowly taking the luxury ball back. He felt bad for not making it up to Sammy, but she did offer an alternative. Didn't they already agree to battle before? He didn't think about it, but instead agreed to her deal. "I know exactly what pokemon to catch. I'll agree to your deal, for now. I still feel like I'm not paying you back enough, though."

Shawn placed the ball back in the drawer and sat back down. He felt bad, not physically, but emotionally. He'll make it up somehow. "So when will the nurse get here? I'm tired of waiting for her and I'm ready to sleep."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy wasn't entirely sure that Shawn had grasped the difference in promising to battle at some point, and promising she would be the first person who got to battle his next pokemon, but she let it slide. She had been about to question the location of the nurse herself when she was bustled out of the doorway by a large, officious looking woman with her hair in a steely grey bun. Sammy was told in no uncertain terms that the nurse was to be left with Shawn so she conduct her examination on the boy, and quickly shooed her out of the room, leaving Sammy barely enough time to say goodbye to Shawn.

Standing in the hallway with the door closed in her face she strongly considered marching back in and giving the nurse a piece of her mind, but figured it wouldn't do anybody any favours. She could see that Cubone was falling off his feet from exhaustion, so recalled the little guy back to his pokeball. Corphish on the other hand seemed as alert as ever.

"Well, come on then. We need to head into town and get Shuppet checked on I guess."
"Cor cor."

They made their way out of the dorm building, passing on their thanks to the attendant at the front desk, and wound through the Academy grounds before hitting the road to Oak Town. Now that she had a little time to herself - not counting Corphish scuttling along sideways beside her of course - she could give some thought to Shuppet. She had always found Ghost type pokemon very interesting and, not that she would ever admit it to anyone, quite romantic. Given the option she may have picked up a Sableye or a Froslass, but Shuppet was what she had.

She didn't know a great deal about the pokemon, so once she arrived at the Pokemon Center she handed the Luxury Ball across the counter along with Cubone's pokeball and Corphish. It never hurt to be safe and get them checked out at every available opportunity. While waiting for her pokemon to be seen to she sat down with one of the staff and spoke to them about basic matters concerning Shuppet. Their diet, expected behaviour patterns, move pool, evolutionary path and assorted other information you needed to know to care for a pokemon properly. She was going to be exhausted by the time she got to bed...

siiadams

Years
Time all at once seemed to go from slowly ticking by to rushing out the door. The nurse finally came in and ushered Sammy and her team out the door immediately. As she closed the door, the nurse turned to Shawn. She gingerly layed him down on the bed and started her examination. He was extremely uncomfortable with all this, but he determined that it was all for the best.

She sat him up and produced a sewing kit. Using some type of novocaine, she sewed up the gashes in his head while making sure she didn't jerk his head around and hurt him worse. After what seemed like forever, she finished with him and determined that he had a concussion that would last a few days. She gave him a dose of painkillers and decided that he'd be ok to go to classes tomorrow. She adjusted his bed and made sure he was comfortable. Finally, she cleaned the rest of the blood from his hair and face before she left, telling him to "be more careful next time".

Shawn felt better and happier, but didn't want to sleep. He had to get to the pokemon center to heal his team. He felt himself getting steadier on his feet, so he decided to try and walk there himself. He got himself read and slowly walked outside. He walked out the dorm towards the pokemon center.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcano

Issac followed C.J. further up the path, as they hastily made their way away from the Tyranitar's cave. Before too long they hit the sigh saying 'Volcano Ahead'.
"Guess we're getting pretty close." C.J. said causing excitement to grow in Issac.
"Great!" Issac replied.

So many potential new team mates.. I have no idea who I will be coming out with!

Howls could be heard all around from Houndoom and Houdoor causing Trunks to sprint right into Issac's leg.
"Ouch Trunks! You need to watch you step, pal" Issac scolded.

"Twwi-" Trunks shuddered as the idea of fire pokemon struck him with fear. "I'm at such a disadvantage here..." he said to Ax.

"Look C.J.! That cave looks quite illuminated. Should we check it out?" Issac asked.

Years

C.J Styles - Volcano (Cave)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Twwi-" Trunks shuddered as the idea of fire pokemon struck him with fear. "I'm at such a disadvantage here..." he said to Ax. "Don't worry," Ax responded, "if we stick together nothing can beat us. Just like the beast we just scared off." She wasn't sure of her statement but she had faith in C.J., he's never put her in unnecessary danger.

"Look C.J.! That cave looks quite illuminated. Should we check it out?" Issac asked. C.J. looked over the cave Issac was talking about. "Well, I'm here looking for a Druddigon myself. They're known for liking Caves and Heat so seems like a good start to me."
As they neared the cave you could feel the intense heat coming out.

He wasn't to sure what Issac was looking for, if anything, but C.J. was willing to help anyway possible. "So anything in particular you're hoping for?" he asked as he took the first step into the cave viewing the pools of molten lava scattered throughout. "No sign of anything yet, but there's got to be something here. I'm sure of it."

C.J. kept his eyes peeled, but didn't see anything special at the time being. "Well, at least it's warm here." he laughed as they ventured further.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcano Cave

"So anything in particular you're hoping for?" C.J. asked as he took the first step into the cave viewing the pools of molten lava scattered throughout.
"Haven't really though about it," Issac started as he followed him into the cave, getting hit by the intense heat, "Maybe a houndour.. or a--"

"Mag mag mag mag mag" A group of Magby repeated as they crossed in front of Issac and C.J. There was one leading and the rest of the group was following in a line. He seemed to be their leader. As the group spotted them, they got hostile and tried to pass the leader to attack.
"Mag!" He said putting his arm in front of them to signal that they stay back. He stepped forward, asserting his dominance as well as throwing up a challenge.

Isaac looked over at C.J. "Well.. Maybe this Magby. A bit showy, but I kind of like his personality."

"Come on Trunks. We got this." Issac asserted as he stepped up and waved for Trunks to come forward. "C.J... if you wouldn't mind, make sure the rest do not interfere. Trunks is at a disadvantage as it is."

"Well.. here I go.." Trunks said to Ax before reluctantly stepping up.

Years

"C.J... if you wouldn't mind, make sure the rest do not interfere. Trunks is at a disadvantage as it is." Issac said. "Okay, that won't be hard at all." C.J. stated as he reached for a Pokeball clipped near his waste. "Golett, you know what to do." he said as he threw the ball releasing the Ghost type. "Ace, Ax, make sure none sneak threw." "Dei!" "Ax!" the yelped to show they understood.

"Well.. here I go.." Trunks said to Ax. "Good luck~" Ax said to him, "we'll make sure it stays one on one." As Golett released his dark energy pulses to change the Gravity under the other Magby, Ace and Ax moved to the edge of the effected area.

"That should hold them off just fine, Still have Chomp and Custos if need be as well." C.J. said to Issac, signalling that the battle could begin at Issac's leisure. "Let me know if they start to give you trouble." he said to his Pokemon as he turned so he could watch Issac.

This will be a great chance to watch him without having to think of counter measures. C.J. thought, he knew that they would probably spend a lot of time training together and since he didn't like to lose, even when training, he liked to study other trainer's strategies whenever possible. Especially when they trained or battled with him often. "Good luck." he said to Issac. He was sincere in the comment even if he was watching for alternative motives as well.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013

"Okay Magby, here we come." Issac said to his small opponent with a grin. "Go Trunks! Hit him with razor leaf!"
"Twig!" he said with a nod as he whipped leaves off of his body towards the magby.
"Be.. be.. be.." the Magby snickered as the leaves closed in on him. He shot a small ember out, burning all the leaves which fell to his feat in ashes before hitting him. He raised his hand up and waved Trunks towards him in a mocking manner angering Trunks.

He is so.. cocky.

Sweat started to drip down Issac's brow from not only the heat, but fear that Trunks may be less likely to beat this small Magby then the Tyranitar from earlier.
"Trunks.." Issac started, "Sand tomb."
"Tuuuhwiig" He said as he swirled the dirt around the room and trapped Magby with it.
"Beeeeee" The Magby called out in regret that he underestimated the Turtwig.
"Now use razor leaf again! Be sure to get the circulating in the sand tomb!" Issac commanded.

Trunks whipped up more leaves, shooting them into the tornado of dirt trapping Magby, cutting him here and there. Out of anger the Magby spouted a spiral pf fire from his mouth, burning the leaves and causing the dirt to subdue then continuing the fire spin towards Trunks.

"TWWWIG!" Trunks called out as he was engulfed in fire.
"NO!" Issac yelled stepping forward and getting burned himself by a Magby that was able to hit him from the gravity field. "Owww.."

"GRRROTT!" came from a glow in the midst of the fire. When the fire died, an unharmed Grotle was standing there.
"Trunks.. wow." Issac said in awe. "You have to beat him now! Sand tomb him then charge up a solarbeam!"

"Grot!" He called out as trapped the Magby who was now trying to flee in a more intense tomb of dirt. The other Magby saw their leader in danger and all started shooting embers at Trunks, who was doing his best to dodge them, while charging his solar beam.
"C.J.! Can you stop the embers?" Issac called out to him

Years

Doesn't look like he has a very good chance here, C.J. thought, maybe that match with Chomp was just a fluke. C.J. watched as Trunks struggled with his disadvantage. Then Issac was hit by one of the Magby he was suppose to be blocking. Huh, opps guess I didn't think of that. Oh well, one ember isn't going to hurt anything.

Just when C.J. was thinking Trunks was done for, the little Turtwig evolved into a Grotle. Heh, didn't see that coming, Issac may win aft-- C.J.'s train of thought was interrupted as the Magby started to get smart and shoot Embers at Trunks to help their leader.

"C.J.! Can you stop the embers?" Issac called out to him. Tsk tsk. Wha would he have done if I wasn't here. C.J. thought to himself. "Yeah, sorry about that. I'll do what I can." he said before turning to the group in the gravity field. "Ace! Use Thunder Wave, I want to see them all Paralyzed, no more attacks. If that doesn't work hit them with Dragon Pulse!" he commanded. "Ax I need you to take the Embers that do get past."

Blue sparks surround Ace's body, then he releases multiple blue bolts of lightning at the Magby group. Reducing their movements and attacks drastically. Every so often one of the Magby would get an ember out and that Magby would be met with a turquoise energy ball from Ace while Ax would jump to take the ember attack refusing to let any slip through to Trunks.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Cafeteria

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kilik listened closely to Kiyoko's story. Quite intriguing to hear. So if the story is true, then... It isn't clear, but Team Rocket make a return.

Valorie's had a say in the conversation. Yes, Team Rocket were big in Kanto. "Jhoto had its fair share dealing with Team Rocket," Kilik adds. In any case, Kilik's heard all he needs. He see's Valorie protective of Kiyoko. Guess she thinks Kilik wants Kiyoko. It's fine, Mistress already has the spot occupied anyway.

Kilik stands up, facing Valorie & Kiyoko. "If they've truly returned, you won't have to do it alone y'know." Kilik grinned as he pointed his thumb up to the ceiling. Tentou smiled & rawred. He still needs training.

I think I've enjoyed myself enough. Kilik wasn't feeling hungry anymore; of course, his Pokemon should get some food at his room. "I'm gonna...call it a night," Kilik exclaimed to his friends. He gathered enough for for his five Pokemon & bid farewell to his friends. No family...

As Kilik was walking down the path to his room, Tentou snuggled closely toward Kilik's leg. He looked down on him. Guess he was trying to cheer him up. "Thanks Tentou." It's a shame... His parents never made it. Such...such a shame...!

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013

Issac watched as C.J.'s pokemon stopped the embers from coming.
Those magby.. I kind of feel bad for them. Would be gone for if he wasn't here, though. Just wish there was a better way to keep them at bay..

As Grotle's solarbeam became fully charged, the Magby disappeared from the sandstorm completely, reappearing in front of Grotle and hitting him back.
"No.. a faint attack. Quick! Hit your solarbeam before he decides to blast you."
"Grrrooot!" He yelled as he released the beam into the Magby who jumped away a second too late.
"Beee.." He screamed as he took the impact, hitting the ground afterwards.

Issac grabbed one of the pokeballs C.J. gave him earlier, throwing it at the injured Magby.
One shake.. two shakes.. three shakes..

"Yes!" Issac called out as the pokeball quit shaking and the Magby was caught. "Good job Trunks!"
He then turned to C.J. "You can release them now. They will flee without their leader." Issac looked down at the pokeball in his hand.. "Now then.. What to call you.."

Years

C.J Styles - Volcano (cave)

Humph. Funs over I guess. "Golett release them." C.J. said, Golett following the command thereafter. "Go now or I let them attack." C.J. said to the Magby, who wasted no time departing. "Good job Golett, now return." C.J. said recalling the Ghost. "You two did wonderful as well." he said to his other two Pokemon.

Ax wandered over to Trunks. "woww~ you evolved. That's awesome. To bad it didn't happen when you fought Chomp, that would have been cool." she said looking over Trunks' new form. C.J. walked over to Issac, "Good job," he said calmly, "you handled that disadvantage really well." Of course, he would never openly say the thoughts that went through his head during the battle. Well, at least not to a friend.

"Soo, do you want to keep looking around here or would you rather just head back. I don't see any signs of Druddigon here." C.J. said, while looking around the cave. He was pretty disappointed that he didn't complete his goal yet, but there was always another day.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiyoko
Pokeball.png
570.png
Lv.6
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Five
One Girl's Problems

Kiyoko let his tail flick slightly and allowed himself to relax as Valorie acted protective of him. "Yay, no more needles!" He chimed happily, before looking over and watching the boy walk away. Huh. Fighting 'Rockets'? Why would you do that when there's 'R' men all over the place? Something caught Kiyoko's attention and he turned to face Drake. What was he doing? As Kiyoko watched him, his left eye began glowing a bright silver color. "Woah!" Kiyoko watched Drake with an open mouth in surprise. "You can see like I do! Cool! Can you do this?" Kiyoko closed his eyes and began to concentrate the energy in his body, and an aura sphere began to form before the tip of his nose, slowly expanding with energy. Don't freak out, Valorie. DON'T FREAK OUT.

∣ Whitney Eli
Pokeball.png
017.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
Forest

Chapter Two: Part One
Academic Training!

Whitney gestured to Alice with yet another of her notorious 'thumbs up' pose. "You did great, trust me." She tapped her glasses, and the screen lighting of the lens shorted out, fizzling and smoking slightly. "Ah crap!!" She grabbed her glasses and threw them as far away as she could, and they simply blew up in the air. A small explosion, but fatal had they still been on her face. "Not again! Guess I have to use my regular ones now." She blindly dug into her bag and pulled out a glasses case, opening them and putting on her regular, thin silver-framed lenses. "I'll have to make another pair... Good thing I still have the blueprints--Anyways. You did good. Pidge maybe had an unfair advantage though, since her wings are artificial; I made them, by the way." She grinned, somewhat proud of her works-- minus the explosions. "I'm trying to make different kinds of wings for her, too. Like Razor-sharp ones, and special wings that will help propel her when flying. Stuff like that, anyway." She glanced off in the direction of the school, sticking another candy cigarette into her mouth and letting it rest on the side of her lip. "That helped me blow off some steam... So what's there to do for fun here?"

Pidge landed on the ground, spanning her brilliant white wings proudly. "Thank you, I try my best." She folded her wings and puffed up her chest a bit. "I'm not gonna let my wings stop me from doing anything." She cocked her head sideways in a very bird-like manner, before turning to the Solosis. "You did well too; your Hidden Power is very strong!"

Last edited:
Back