The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm hoping they don't do the key thing again to determine the difficulty level, and they have us pick the difficulty from the beginning.
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That would be nice. I'm sick of seeing the same shadow blob thingy instead of an actual sprite. Now that the game is 3D I think it'd be way easier to do it. Only problem is a lot of the smaller Pokémon that learn it, it might look awkward with the size of your character on it =P
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
i think that's long overdue, it would be much better surfing on a Lapras rather than some sort of.. idk what it is.

Old March 4th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

In a 3D game, I really wonder what it could be, though? Having a 3D-ized version of a Lapras shadow would be awkward, so I imagine it would be replaced with something different. At least, I hope so.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Yamiidenryuu

There's no real need for placeholders, because all they'd have to do is program a swimming action for the existing models, which would be the same over any Pokemon that have the same body type, and stick the player's model on top of it. Models are a lot more flexible than sprites. The worst that'd happen would be that some Pokemon that can't legally get Surf would have a jerky or screwed-up animation, but most players aren't going to see something like that without going out of their way.

If nothing else, they could make surf/fly animations for all the Pokemon that can legally do those things and include a placeholder to show when any other Pokemon is used. They could probably download new animations to the cartridge over wi-fi if some Pokemon get those moves legally by an event, too.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.
If people are taking the risk to hack their games, it's at their own risk if they break it. I don't feel like Game Freak and Nintendo should feel obligated not to do something ambitious because people are editing the files to something that shouldn't be there.

Of course, Nintendo probably won't do it anyways but that shouldn't stop them.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone
Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Most of the rumors from Mr. XY have been rather far-fetched though, so if you read them take them with a grain of salt (I mean, Houndoom evolution named Houndoomed? Really?)
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

And the whole 99 Pokemon thing seemed...unrealistic too. It seems...just too few for a new generation, really.
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@
I wouldn't mind surfing on a small red Lapras sprite (for everything) again if this doesn't happen, like the early days n_n
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
hey guys, i walked into gamestop to get meloetta and they had a big oversized box advertising X and Y. it had the miiverse symbol in the corner. we're gonna get miiverse for 3DS!!! and compatable with X/Y!!!

oh, and does anyone know what site mr xy is on? i'd like to read what he says myself. although i don't like only 99 pokemon, what he says seems plausible.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

Cyclone
Well, you can take a look at All Things Sylveon or the News Summary for a brief overview~! ^^

Basically, it's "type" is the hot issue. GF hasn't revealed it's type yet, but... they might in the next CoroCoro or so.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
This would be so awesome, seriously. Strollin' onto the beach on the back of a ferocious-looking Gyarados.

And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I want to surf on my Gyarados. D: BE IN FEAR, TEAM <evil team name>! I shall dominate you with my fearsome Gyarados.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
This, even though I think by the time they reveal Sylveon's type, people would've long stopped caring about it. XD;
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nah Sylveon is one of those pre-release permanent discussions, like NY or Shanghai for Unova. Only thing is we don't know which side is the blatantly obvious one, team new type or team old type...
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.
That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.

Sponsored Links