The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2926    
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I'm hoping they don't do the key thing again to determine the difficulty level, and they have us pick the difficulty from the beginning.
__________________
Stand for Life
  #2927    
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@
  #2928    
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
That would be nice. I'm sick of seeing the same shadow blob thingy instead of an actual sprite. Now that the game is 3D I think it'd be way easier to do it. Only problem is a lot of the smaller Pokémon that learn it, it might look awkward with the size of your character on it =P
__________________
  #2929    
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
i think that's long overdue, it would be much better surfing on a Lapras rather than some sort of.. idk what it is.
__________________


  #2930    
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.
  #2931    
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
In a 3D game, I really wonder what it could be, though? Having a 3D-ized version of a Lapras shadow would be awkward, so I imagine it would be replaced with something different. At least, I hope so.
  #2932    
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
Yamiidenryuu
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
There's no real need for placeholders, because all they'd have to do is program a swimming action for the existing models, which would be the same over any Pokemon that have the same body type, and stick the player's model on top of it. Models are a lot more flexible than sprites. The worst that'd happen would be that some Pokemon that can't legally get Surf would have a jerky or screwed-up animation, but most players aren't going to see something like that without going out of their way.

If nothing else, they could make surf/fly animations for all the Pokemon that can legally do those things and include a placeholder to show when any other Pokemon is used. They could probably download new animations to the cartridge over wi-fi if some Pokemon get those moves legally by an event, too.
__________________

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
  #2933    
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.
If people are taking the risk to hack their games, it's at their own risk if they break it. I don't feel like Game Freak and Nintendo should feel obligated not to do something ambitious because people are editing the files to something that shouldn't be there.

Of course, Nintendo probably won't do it anyways but that shouldn't stop them.
__________________
  #2934    
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone
__________________
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #2935    
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone
Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
  #2936    
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Most of the rumors from Mr. XY have been rather far-fetched though, so if you read them take them with a grain of salt (I mean, Houndoom evolution named Houndoomed? Really?)
__________________
  #2937    
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
And the whole 99 Pokemon thing seemed...unrealistic too. It seems...just too few for a new generation, really.
  #2938    
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@
I wouldn't mind surfing on a small red Lapras sprite (for everything) again if this doesn't happen, like the early days n_n
__________________
  #2939    
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
roosterman's Avatar
roosterman
Freaking annoying!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The moon
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
hey guys, i walked into gamestop to get meloetta and they had a big oversized box advertising X and Y. it had the miiverse symbol in the corner. we're gonna get miiverse for 3DS!!! and compatable with X/Y!!!

oh, and does anyone know what site mr xy is on? i'd like to read what he says myself. although i don't like only 99 pokemon, what he says seems plausible.
__________________

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
  #2940    
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
__________________
  #2941    
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

Cyclone
__________________
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #2942    
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

Cyclone
Well, you can take a look at All Things Sylveon or the News Summary for a brief overview~! ^^

Basically, it's "type" is the hot issue. GF hasn't revealed it's type yet, but... they might in the next CoroCoro or so.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
  #2943    
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Lance
Master of Dragons
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blackthorn City
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@
This would be so awesome, seriously. Strollin' onto the beach on the back of a ferocious-looking Gyarados.


And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
__________________
  #2944    
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
I want to surf on my Gyarados. D: BE IN FEAR, TEAM <evil team name>! I shall dominate you with my fearsome Gyarados.
  #2945    
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
This, even though I think by the time they reveal Sylveon's type, people would've long stopped caring about it. XD;
  #2946    
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
  #2947    
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Nah Sylveon is one of those pre-release permanent discussions, like NY or Shanghai for Unova. Only thing is we don't know which side is the blatantly obvious one, team new type or team old type...
__________________
  #2948    
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.
That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
  #2949    
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
roosterman's Avatar
roosterman
Freaking annoying!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The moon
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
__________________

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
  #2950    
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.