The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsy View Post
As I speculated earlier. I believe Sylveon is a "part 1" in the series of two new eeveeloutions. This is quite the long shot but I really think Sylveon is either a Normal type pokemon or a completely new type (like light or love) But I ALSO believe Sylveon is FEMALE only. Meaning if your Eevee is a female, it could evolve into this under certain conditions. This would make sense seeing as the prefixes "sylph" and "nymph" (from Ninfeon) are FEMININE prefixes! I took Latin for a little while so there's my credibility I guess. The Pokemon also has very obvious feminine features and attributes.

As I stated earlier I do think this is just a "part 1" and I think maybe we'll see a male counterpart very soon. There is no male prefixes that begin with S from Latin, just to throw that out there.
I think the male version would evolve from Eevee very similarly. And have more of a blue/black color scheme.

Also backing up my theory, we HAVE seen plenty of male and female exclusive Pokemon come in pairs!

Of course all of this is just speculation. But it would really be cute and it makes sense to some extent.
And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)

Last edited by Liberal Army; March 4th, 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Splodge
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
CmdrEggnog

Here's my piece

I don't consider it Normal-typed, because if so, it would make sense to look like Eevee.

I don't consider it to be Flying typed, because if so, it should have wings and be a shade of light blue- not.white. (I'm aware that there's cyan on the tips of it's ribbons, yes) and I know the similarities to Skyla.

I don't consider it to be Love-typed, something mentioned earlier, because even though the pokémon was released on Valentines Day to the social media, love-type is a bad idea. (in my humble opinion)

I want it to be light because I can't come up with anything better. It's fur is the color of all forms of visible light combined. But then I think of Psychic as the opposite to Dark already.

In conclusion, Gamefreak made this pokémon to screw with everyone and make everyone irritated about not knowing everything about it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
inferno7453

We need Sylveon to be a Steel type Pokémon!

Challenges completed:
-

Youtube Channel (for Challenge Updates): http://www.youtube.com/user/inferno7453
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodge View Post
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.
The 'card move' Sylveon used in the video is Trump Card. That is a move that any Eeveelution can learn.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM
TheRabid
A Random Survivor

Nature: Calm
I personally dont care what type sylveon is, however, I do have a theory on how it evolves.

Every pokemon generation that have eevees, each have a different way to evolve

Gen 1: Stones
Gen 2: Day/Night Friendship
Gen 4: Areas

So I have done some research and have come up with this theory.
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are most likely named that based on the x and y axis,
But in the Japanese title art there are rainbowish symbols which i believe to be sex cells.
X(the girl sex cell) is blue and also the color of Xerneas
Y(the boy sex cell) is red and also the color of Yveltal.
This could mean these legendaries have genders, like Latias and Latios.

But this lead me to think that since each eevee gen (a gen with eeveelutions) has new evolution,
this generation could have a boy and a girl evolution since the sex cells which seem to be shown in the japanese art.

This is a theory, and this is not for sure what is going to happen.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.

It only being done twice in the past does not make it a pattern.

Gen 1: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon
Gen 2: Umbreon, Espeon
Gen 4: Leafeon, Glaceon
Gen 6: Sylveon.

Its plausable that this is the only new Eevee Evolution added. The Coro Coro shows ALL of the Eevee Evolutions and only lists Sylveon as New Evolution. Doesn't show any silhouette or even hint to another one possibly showing up. Not to mention Sylveon is the center focus for a miniature movie. Why hype just one if there are to be 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabid View Post
I personally dont care what type sylveon is, however, I do have a theory on how it evolves.

But in the Japanese title art there are rainbowish symbols which i believe to be sex cells.

But this lead me to think that since each eevee gen (a gen with eeveelutions) has new evolution,
this generation could have a boy and a girl evolution since the sex cells which seem to be shown in the japanese art.

Highly doubtful. Unless Eevee pulls a Combee (which has the same gender ratio) and only the females can evolve. Otherwise all Pokemon with 2 gender evolutions and alternate gender evolutions (Snorunt and Ralts) all have 50:50 gender ratios.

Also Latios is male and colored blue which is represented by Xerneas in X which is for females. Latias is female and colored red which is represented by Yeveltal in Y which is for males. Not to mention Blue text is used for males in the games and red for females. If gender is involved like that it would be backwards based on that data so I doubt the gender effects much where these three mentioned are concerned.

Last edited by Khrysta; March 4th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno7453 View Post
We need Sylveon to be a Steel type Pokémon!
Why steel, though? Sylveon doesn't look remotely steel, or even sound like steel. :(
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm going with ghost type. I mean, look at it. LOOK at it. It has that weird vibe in its eyes.

It must evolve in a haunted house or something.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I don't really understand how people could think that it's Ghost though. I guess I could understand something about the eyes but...that's just the eyes. Ghost-types usually have more prevalent features! Like, if you look at Pokemon like Gengar, and even Sableye, and heck, even Spiritomb, they're obviously Ghost-types because their entire bodies are darker colored, and they have that mischievous aura about them.

I just don't see that in Sylveon here.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, it can be a ghost type, but is not ~precieved~ as a ghost type. It's a common misconception in pokemon; people can precieve a pokemon as one thing, but can totally be another. So, a ghost type can be in the mix, and I'd love more ghost pokemon, but... I'm still leaning for it to be flying.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

The moves I saw used include Trump Card and Swift. I couldn't identify the other two, but one looked like a Ghost-type move while the other seemed to have elements of Fire. This suggests Will-o-Wisp which has been used by Ghost types.

Analyzing Trump Card, we can get an idea for types. There are three Pokémon who can currently learn it by leveling up. One is an unevolved Eevee, so this Sylveon may have leveled up late for this demonstration or might learn it earlier than Eevee does. The other two who can learn Trump Card are Slowking (Water/Psychic) and Minun (Electric). We already have Jolteon, so I rule out Electric. We already have Espeon, so I rule out Psychic. We also have Vaporeon to rule out the Water type, which rules out half of those who learn Trump Card by breeding (others are Normal).

Swift meanwhile can be learned naturally by 11 different types, none of which include Ghost. I see Bug, Steel, Flying, and Fighting among those types. If a second Eeveelution comes, Fighting is supported as a suggested type if both have similar moves at points in the move chains. Additionally, this very Pokémon could be your fighting type.

Can anyone identify the first move of the four displayed, as well as the third? I'm certain which ones are Trump Card and Swift.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post

Even if we got another Eeveelution and it was Fighting, Sylveon could still be a Flying-type since Flying moves are effective against Fighting-types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrEggnog View Post
I don't consider it to be Flying typed, because if so, it should have wings and be a shade of light blue- not.white. (I'm aware that there's cyan on the tips of it's ribbons, yes) and I know the similarities to Skyla.
There are a variety of colors to Flying-typed Pokemon, and not all of them have wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabid View Post

But what would trigger evolution? Reaching a certain level? What would happen if they reached, say, level 30 at the same time that their happiness got high enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon? And if it's some item/event what would it be?

deviantart blog pair
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Even if we got another Eeveelution and it was Fighting, Sylveon could still be a Flying-type since Flying moves are effective against Fighting-types.

There are a variety of colors to Flying-typed Pokemon, and not all of them have wings.

But what would trigger evolution? Reaching a certain level? What would happen if they reached, say, level 30 at the same time that their happiness got high enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon? And if it's some item/event what would it be?
If the Dragon type theory were to be accepted, then it could be something like the Dragon Fang. Or even the Dragon Fang. Same one Gligar uses.

Cyclone

Old March 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

While the new evolution for Eevee, Ninfia or Sylveon, has been announced, no one knows it type or the evolution method. Its also likely that there will be second eeveelution. There has been no single eeveelution, and they have come in all the even generation games, other than gen1. Gen 2 had espeon and umbreon, gen 4 had leafeon and glaceon, now its ten 6s turn. Also, one was strong against the other. Umbreon is strong against Espeon, and the same is true for glaceon to leafeon. So if this is a normal type like most are guessing, there will also be a fighting type. If its a flying type, maybe we will see a rock type since we already have an electric and ice type. If its a new type, there will be a second new type to balance everything out. Maybe the two new types could each get an eeveelution.

The most likely typing for this eeveelution, however, would be dragon. Now I know it may seem unlikely, but if history repeats itself, it will be another "special type." Prior to generation 4, moves were either special or physical. Fire, Electric, water, grass, ice, psychic, dark, and dragon were all special types. Dragon is the only one to not be in an eeveelution yet. Now, since eeveelutions are introduced in pairs and one is strong against the other, I am proposing that maybe there are going to be two dragon eeveelutions: one male and one female. This is obviously the female dragon eevee.

In the scans/trailer, it can be seen using some powerful-looking attacks, as well. This may try well be a dragon eeveelution!

What do you guys think about this theory, and do you have any of your own? Lastly, don't come telling me that you don't like it because it doesn't look like a dragon. Oh well. This is purely my own thoughts and I would like to hear yours.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
HyperXhydra

dragon? from it's design unlikely...
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
While I value your input, I specifically said don't bash my ideas just because of looks. DO you have any other idea? Any theory? Based on history, my theory seems to be pretty accurate.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I think Sylveon will be a new type. Maybe its a flying... but the design doesn't really look flying though. I guess there is normal, but that would be boring. I'm hoping for some kind of new type, but who knows. I just hope we get some new information on Sylveon soon.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

I just can't see it as a normal type. A normal eevee would just be a bigger eevee. Why would it change its appearance so drastically if its not changing its type. Please read what I posted earlier about the dragon typing.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyHeracross View Post
The most likely typing for this eeveelution, however, would be dragon. Now I know it may seem unlikely, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
Mind. Blown. I think we've covered the "unlikely" aspect.

However, at this time, anything is possible. I doubt they'll do a new type, but you never know what Gamefreak has up their sleeves. Dragon type is plausible. Not a home run yet, but plausible. So is Ghost. Unlikely? Yes. Plausible? Yes.

Cyclone

Old March 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Mind. Blown. I think we've covered the "unlikely" aspect.

However, at this time, anything is possible. I doubt they'll do a new type, but you never know what Gamefreak has up their sleeves. Dragon type is plausible. Not a home run yet, but plausible. So is Ghost. Unlikely? Yes. Plausible? Yes.

Cyclone
The whole thing with my theory is that all the other "Special" types have an eeveelution... except dragon. Plus, dragon is super effective against itself! It fits both parts of my theory. Believe it or not, ghost, poison, and bug were physical in gens 1-4. Also, Im not sure why so many people think there will be a new type. The only reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to balance out the psychic type.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:14 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
While I value your input, I specifically said don't bash my ideas just because of looks. DO you have any other idea? Any theory? Based on history, my theory seems to be pretty accurate.
Maybe we could know the type form its name.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
The whole thing with my theory is that all the other "Special" types have an eeveelution... except dragon. Plus, dragon is super effective against itself! It fits both parts of my theory. Believe it or not, ghost, poison, and bug were physical in gens 1-4. Also, Im not sure why so many people think there will be a new type. The only reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to balance out the psychic type.
This is a pretty common theory actually, and it's definitely possible, although I still think it's going to be Flying-typed. Every Eeveelutions has an opposite (although there's two different ways to do it, where the outcome could be inferred to be either Flying or Dragon). Just aesthetically it doesn't look like a Dragon to me whatsoever, but then again neither does Altaria. It's definitely possible though.
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Gen I - Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon (Water, Electric and Fire, the elementals)
Gen II - Espeon and Umbreon (Psychic vs. Dark)
Gen IV - Leafeon and Glaceon (Grass vs. Ice)
Gen VI - Sylveon and ???? (speculating Normal vs. ????)

If indeed Sylveon is/was a Normal-type, what is the opposing type? Fighting? That'd be interesting.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
This is a pretty common theory actually, and it's definitely possible, although I still think it's going to be Flying-typed. Every Eeveelutions has an opposite (although there's two different ways to do it, where the outcome could be inferred to be either Flying or Dragon). Just aesthetically it doesn't look like a Dragon to me whatsoever, but then again neither does Altaria. It's definitely possible though.
True. Kinda like Vibrava. Plus, since dragon is strong against dragon, there could be a male and female counterpart and this is just the female
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here