The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2951    
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
roosterman's Avatar
roosterman
Freaking annoying!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The moon
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P



As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.
well, you know, not all the info, but hiring someone to "leak" a little info here and there seems like a good idea, just look at how many people are already talking about him. and for some reason people just find it much more exciting to have leaked information then official information.
__________________

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
  #2952    
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
zoroarkrules25
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
I disagree with the other reply to this. I think nintendo has realized that the fans for the most part like having the game spoiled. From who i have talked with they all said that it will just gets them more excited for the game, so maybe nintendo realized this and don't mind having someone leak the info because the fans will enjoy it and they would still make money. I think some ideas in this rumor are plausible while others are not. I like some of the evolutions ideas though. Also to the above post i see that reasonable to. He may have given us the names and places but we have no idea what they look like or any key plots to the game so i don't see why it is unreasonable beside the fact it comes from 4chan.

Last edited by zoroarkrules25; March 5th, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: additional info needed.
  #2953    
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.


Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 5th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
  #2954    
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.



Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.
__________________
  #2955    
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:46 PM
zoroarkrules25
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.
While i don't know what NDA is, i would assume he wouldn't get that long in jail for it. Also nintendo may have just fired him if he works for them. Nintendo may also have asked him to stop posting for a bit to get the fans to talk more about it, that is if this is a new marketing plan which we have seen this year their approach to advertising is different. Either way the 15th will disprove or prove him right or wrong. I think that it could go either way, some of it sounds real and some of it is questionable but who knows, maybe nintendo wanted to change the series to bring more fans to it. They may have also changed it since it is the first main 3d pokemon game and they want to change it's level of play.
  #2956    
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Non-Disclosure Agreement, which basically means that anyone involved in the localization of the game is not permitted to openly disclose anything of the game to the world, which was basically this. Which is also why I doubt its a marketing thing from Nintendo, that would actually be grounds to null any future breachings of NDA's.
__________________
  #2957    
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
« Allons-y »
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
On top of that, NDAs usually do have jail times attached to them, and I doubt someone would like to risk that by leaking information about a Pokémon game.
__________________

  #2958    
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Which, as I said could be the reason why XY hasn't posted anything else. Lets say its real, he done got himself caught.
__________________
  #2959    
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:14 PM
zoroarkrules25
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.
  #2960    
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
« Allons-y »
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.
At this point if what he's leaking has been true it's a little too late for him =P For his sake here's hoping his leaks aren't true. Plus, I think some of the stuff he's been "leaking" has been shoddy at best, so I doubt any of it has been true anyways.
__________________

  #2961    
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.


Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
I see I chose a bad time for a break. Bad Cyclone, bad Cyclone.

Where are some of these posts located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
While i don't know what NDA is
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.

Last edited by CycloneGU; March 5th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
  #2962    
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire's Avatar
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.
__________________
Stand for Life
  #2963    
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
« Allons-y »
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.
If by numeral you mean Roman numeral, that'll be a little trickier to do seeing as 6 is VI, and there was actually two legends (Victini and Virizion) that started like that! However, I could see them having another mascot that isn't really pertinent to any story line thrown in there again like Victini was. And let's be honest: Victini was adorable, so if they made another cute one I'd be perfectly fine with that =P
__________________

  #2964    
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:24 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.
I'm sure we will get another Victini or Mew-like Pokémon. They need something to star in the movies after all.
__________________
  #2965    
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Hopefully its not another 000 Pokemon considering how it felt more of a one and done deal.
__________________
  #2966    
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:38 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Hopefully its not another 000 Pokemon considering how it felt more of a one and done deal.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got another #000, I guess it helps the game glitch less if someone hacks Pokémon #000. (not that you can hack a 3DS game atm or anything)
__________________
  #2967    
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: No.
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Having another #000 is weird.
To be honest it sucks.
  #2968    
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:44 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I didn't really like it either, it just confuses people really.
__________________
  #2969    
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:37 AM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I didn't really like it either, it just confuses people really.
It gave the impression of Victini being the predecessor of all Pokémon in Unova. There's nothing confusing about it, whatsoever, unless you're poking through organizing the National Dex and sticking it after Arceus in Sinnoh. I thought it might belong at the end, but after thinking about it, I like where they put it here.

Doi we need another 000? No. But if they want someone to be the predecessor again, it makes sense. Arceus should have been an 000.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
  #2970    
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I don't care whether or not we get another #000 to be honest, all I care about is the design of this generation's Mew/Victini/whatever, I have high expectations on what I want my cute legendaries to look like. ;__;
  #2971    
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Um, there's no need for another 000 given that it's already taken and having two in that spot would make no sense whatever imo. :(
__________________


hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
  #2972    
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
  #2973    
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Well last year we got deers and Kami's so anything is honestly available. I personally want legendary sharks, and have em go all out with the typings and what not.
__________________
  #2974    
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!
I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.
  #2975    
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire's Avatar
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Come to think about it Victini being 000 may have another reason than simply to bring victory to those who own it. Perhaps it also symbolizes how Victini isn't native to Unova but to another region, maybe this new region because as mentioned before France made the Statue to Liberty and gave it to America as a present, perhaps the Lighthouse in Unova is like that and the people of this region put Victini in it to keep it safe. Maybe we can get more Victini background as I was curious as to who the person was who put it there.
__________________
Stand for Life
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.