Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Advertise here
Hello, I am havin issues... when all my pokemon faint I dont respawn... im just getting a black screen...

I followed this guide:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/soci...33mon-firered/
word for word to increase my sethealingplace list... but now I just get a black screen, forcing the player to reset their game...

logically it should work unless there is a point that guide is missing (or I messed it up somewhere else)

so is there another guide for this? or does anyone know where the script is that runs after a person dies?
cause resetting the game woulnt be that bad if it did it automatically... no respawns, when you die you start from your last save point... it would make people save more

the black screen happen right after the "player whited out" text... before the "player scurried to the pokemon center protecting his pokes from furthur harm" text...

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; March 6th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Crocky
SuperScarlet!

Are scripts that do things after a certain amount of steps possible to do in Firered?
I wanted to make berry trees that regenerate a berry after a certain amount of steps.
Thanks for your help!
My Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Wishlist!
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocky View Post
Are scripts that do things after a certain amount of steps possible to do in Firered?
I wanted to make berry trees that regenerate a berry after a certain amount of steps.
Thanks for your help!
Errr... It would be tough, but it could be done. It would require a small branch in the step routine, but it is fairly basic ASM in terms of complexity. It can't be done with just a script because scripts lock the player in place. The only way to do it with a script, would be to have a map script which checks the amount of steps since the last time it was used and if so, cause berries to grow. The only problem with this, is the scripts would only be loaded when reentering the map.

Now that I think about it... I have a vague memory of seeing a note in JPAN's hacked engine that said you could have a script run every step. But I'm not sure. In that case, you could designate a var, and add 1 to it each time. When it hits the number of steps you like, it is reset and berries grow.

Paired with Simba
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
The only way to do it with a script, would be to have a map script which checks the amount of steps since the last time it was used and if so, cause berries to grow. The only problem with this, is the scripts would only be loaded when reentering the map.
I guess it is the best way, easier to do and makes more sense imo than a method that would make the plants pop-up in an instant. lol

Quote:
Now that I think about it... I have a vague memory of seeing a note in JPAN's hacked engine that said you could have a script run every step. But I'm not sure. In that case, you could designate a var, and add 1 to it each time. When it hits the number of steps you like, it is reset and berries grow.
You're right, I guess yes. But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
I guess it is the best way, easier to do and makes more sense imo than a method that would make the plants pop-up in an instant. lol

You're right, I guess yes. But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
Well, maybe not, the calculations of the script could be done extremely fast, and you might not even notice it. If you just had a script itself that was counting your steps you wouldn't have any control over over your character. There is no "let player move" command, lol.

When you take a step, the game makes thousands of tiny calculations, what is two or three more by running a script every time? You shouldn't have a problem just as long as the script only plays with numbers, not person or object movement.

Paired with Simba
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:08 AM
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika
But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
Man, if you just set vars, you don't even need lock and release..
The WRAM is very very fast, within miliseconds it calculates hundreds of code

And yeah, as long as you "put" the movement into an Assembler-Code, you can make object moves..
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:29 AM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

okay this is my script i wrote :
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 145
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Slowpoke! Slow!
boxset 6
wildbattle 145 50 0
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end

what it is suppose to do is the basic zapdos battle in FR/LG
it all works apart from it disapearing after battle , it just stays there
if someone can just point out the mistake i made that would be great
thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins138 View Post
okay this is my script i wrote :
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 145
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Slowpoke! Slow!
boxset 6
wildbattle 145 50 0
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end

what it is suppose to do is the basic zapdos battle in FR/LG
it all works apart from it disapearing after battle , it just stays there
if someone can just point out the mistake i made that would be great
thanks !
oh and the speach was just a test because i used slowpoke as a test

Last edited by jackhiggins138; March 9th, 2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
-avoid flags higher than 0x900, this is the point where they go into vars.
-removesprite? Wtf it this script editor xD in XSE you can use
hidesprite LASTTALKED or hidesprite 0xnumber..
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep!c View Post
-avoid flags higher than 0x900, this is the point where they go into vars.
-removesprite? Wtf it this script editor xD in XSE you can use
hidesprite LASTTALKED or hidesprite 0xnumber..
I believe he was using pokescript and following foullumps tutorials on youtube. I would suggest swithing over to either XSE 1.1.1 or PKSVUI, and finding a good tutorial on here as they are a bit different.

Paired with Simba
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
LudicoloDude

Nature: Jolly
I've been looking around some forums to try to find out how to make a repeating level script. One person said that if you set a variable to 0x0 would work, but the game just froze. I have also tried not setting a var, but it still didnt work. Is there any way to make a repeating level script? This is the script I have.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
movesprite 0x2 0x06 0x1E
hidesprite 0x4
setvar 0x5006 0x0
release
end
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:33 PM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I believe he was using pokescript and following foullumps tutorials on youtube. I would suggest swithing over to either XSE 1.1.1 or PKSVUI, and finding a good tutorial on here as they are a bit different.
have you got any suggestions?
because i can't seem to find any good ones
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudicoloDude View Post
I've been looking around some forums to try to find out how to make a repeating level script. One person said that if you set a variable to 0x0 would work, but the game just froze. I have also tried not setting a var, but it still didnt work. Is there any way to make a repeating level script? This is the script I have.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
movesprite 0x2 0x06 0x1E
hidesprite 0x4
setvar 0x5006 0x0
release
end
In the map script section of A-map, set your script's var to 5006 and the value to 0.

Paired with Simba
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

another question
i downloaded XSE 1.1.1 and when ever i open it it just shuts instantly .
if its a dodgy download could someone link me?
or could someone tell me a fix
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
I had that problem too. You are missing the settings.ini file. Once you get it, set Auto-Update to true.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:49 PM
LudicoloDude

Quote:
In the map script section of A-map, set your script's var to 5006 and the value to 0.
I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
I had that problem too. You are missing the settings.ini file. Once you get it, set Auto-Update to true.
and where cn i get this .ini?
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
wow, that was fast.
I got it from tajaros. Check his scripting tutorial. You'll have to re-download XSE.
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?
Yes. Now, change the map script to 02, if it isn't already.

Also, you don't need to set the var in your script, if you don't touch it, it won't change and will always be 0.

Paired with Simba
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
For all your level scripting needs :)

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:30 AM
sarge981
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon:
Saphire Version:
A-MAP:
XSE:

Ok I tried doing all the research that I could but I am having trouble fixing the problem. Let me try to make this as clear as possible for you guys. When I make it to the first area that I have my pokemon center and heal I go out to battle the trainers. but after I beat some of them in battle for some reason when the battle scene is over I take control of another OW sprite or I will just move around as an invisble character. I tried narrowing down the problems. I dont believe it is any of the trainer codes as they are very basic and have no flags set on any of them. I the only other thing that I could think of would be map scripts causing the effects. But this problem only happens after I heal at the POKEMON CENTER?

I would show pics but the forum wont let me until I have posted 15 times :p
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM
LudicoloDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
For all your level scripting needs
Hm, my first post was misleading. What I'm trying to do is make a level script happen once when you enter the map, and when you exit and return, it will do the same thing but once. I don't know if that made any sense at all.
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Hm, my first post was misleading. What I'm trying to do is make a level script happen once when you enter the map, and when you exit and return, it will do the same thing but once. I don't know if that made any sense at all.
Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:09 AM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

@ Sarge 981: Hmmm... that's really weird. Have you edited the pokemon center itself? Because if you've touched people inside of it (especially n. Joy), you may accidentally have set a person events movement byte to the one that says "Do not use - you will be this person after battling". Or at least, something along those lines. I'm sorry if it's of little help, but this is the only thing I can think of, apart from some kind of ROM corruption, which would produce the effect as you described it. You might seriously consider checking this either way, since you may have accidentally selected it while scrolling: I know that has happened to me at least once, except I was lucky enough that I got a normal movement byte.
The thing to do here is to really try to narrow it down as best as you can. Then, if all else fails and you're sure it happens somehow during the healing, you could just replace that entire PC with a new map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
Hello, I am havin issues... when all my pokemon faint I dont respawn... im just getting a black screen...

I followed this guide:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/soci...33mon-firered/
word for word to increase my sethealingplace list... but now I just get a black screen, forcing the player to reset their game...

logically it should work unless there is a point that guide is missing (or I messed it up somewhere else)

so is there another guide for this? or does anyone know where the script is that runs after a person dies?
cause resetting the game woulnt be that bad if it did it automatically... no respawns, when you die you start from your last save point... it would make people save more

the black screen happen right after the "player whited out" text... before the "player scurried to the pokemon center protecting his pokes from furthur harm" text...

You might want to try JPAN's hacked engine. I'm pretty certain it includes a rewrite of the way 'respawning' works, giving you access to a potentially infinite number of healing places.

Last edited by ArthurWaine; March 10th, 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
LudicoloDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.
Thanks a ton, but now I have run into another problem. I'm using movesprite but it dosnt seem to work in 03 On entering map/not on menu close.
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
designmadman

Nature: Adamant
Whenever I try to compile this script I get the following error: "No#org/seek directives found" any suggestions?

SCRIPT:

#dynamic 0x805300
lockall
checkflag 0x1391
if 0x1 goto @done
checkflag 0x1385
if 0x1 goto @start
releaseall
end

#org @start
setweather 0x5
doweather