The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
Aslan
the pretender

In Snowpoint City, at the northern side of the town, past people treading through snow, the Move Tutor's houses and many more sights, lies an old-looking temple. This is Snowpoint Temple, a place which can only be accessed after the National Dex. If you try and enter before receiving your National Dex, the lady guarding at the front will simply not let you in and push you away.

However once she does let you enter, you'll find sets of challenging puzzles,rare items and some new Pokemon to catch. At the bottom of the temple, lies a statue of a giant creature known as Regigigas, which you can only face after collecting the three Regis and having them in your party with you!

So what did you think of the temple? Did you find the puzzles tricky or simply a waste of time? What did you think about the wild Pokemon there? Did you find catching Regigigas at Level 70 in D/P but at Level 1 in Platinum a ripoff? Anything else you want to add about the temple? And without further ado, discuss!

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I didn't really care for this place. I didn't find it very interesting and they made it a lot less interesting in Platinum by making the Regigias level 1 instead of 70. There wasn't a reason for that, was there? I know there was a Regigigas even given at TRU (I think it was TRU) but not everybody could get that, myself included. So it was a bit of a slap in the face to people that didn't have TRU nearby. Or wifi, if that was a wifi event. I know some people still don't have that.

paired to peeta
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I never bothered with Regigigas; its ability really kills its usefulness. That, and I was too lazy to transfer my Regis from R/S/E.

Old March 4th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Was excited when I finally got to the bottom of the temple and saw Regigigas, but found it was one of the more difficult ice puzzles I can remember from any game. After going through all that trouble, I was quite disappointed to find I couldn't even battle it without having all the other Regis. Needless to say, I never managed to get all three of the Regis to my Platinum, so I didn't bother going back to Snowpoint Temple after that.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:50 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I would have loved a much more deeper backstory to it, and a much larger complex instead of a few rooms with an ice puzzle that we've already seen done before. I was hoping for something fresh, new and innovative, and all I got was a re-used puzzle with a level 1 Regigigas. Not very interesting for me! 8(

Last edited by curiousnathan; March 6th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I have no way of getting the other 'Gigas, so that was about worthless for me. It was also quite a disappointment when I finally made it to the bottom, only to find that I can't catch what's there.

I guess it can be good for training Pokemon, though, considering the levels of the Pokemon here.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I was expecting something a little more interesting that what we got. After catching Regigigis there was no point in returning to it.
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Caelus
Gone

I liked it. Wasn't the best thing I've ever explored, but it was cool being able to visit it after beating the elite four and having the chance to battle/catch Regigigas. Pretty much any location that gets unlocked after the E4 and features a legendary is a cool addition to me, so I enjoyed going through the temple.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Well, I didn't really bothered to check that place out or nor I cared since you had to have Regice, Regirock, and Registeel to find Regigas. And since it was level 1 I didn't bother to even get it since the game was already done and I wouldn't waste my time training that Pokemon. c;
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Correspondence

I thought it could've done with a bit more backstory and maybe a bit more difficult puzzle.But overall i liked the place, a mysterious temple in the middle of blizzard country.But the only thing i didn't like was you needed to have a Regigigas in order to wake the sleeping one which is just ridiculous.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Sonkitts

It just seemed 'there' for the sake of it in my opinion.

I always felt it could have been a cool back story. Probably included to promote migration from Pal Park. The three Regis themselves are however available in Platinum via an event, interestingly.

Sponsored Links