The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.
Exactly. Victini's numbering was wholly a move due to the reboot feeling GF wanted to give BW. If we ever get one again it would be much more down the line perhaps even after generation 10. Speaking of numbering, I wouldn't mind if GF offered a 3rd dex option labelled new world or such, with the numbering continuing from Unova's original 156.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It could be totally possible tat Victini isn't Unova native. After all, if you look at Corphish's Pokédex entries for R/S/E, it mentions that it is not a Hoenn native Pokémon, but rather a pest. I don't see why they couldn't have done that again.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think that the National Pokedex should be changed to International unless this new region is also part of the Pokemon Nation that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh belong to. Apperantly in Pokemon Pokejapan conquered America in WWII...
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I think that the National Pokedex should be changed to International unless this new region is also part of the Pokemon Nation that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh belong to. Apperantly in Pokemon Pokejapan conquered America in WWII...
I agree. Currently it's more of a worldwide dex than a National dex.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Exactly. The National Dex feels like a weird naming convention when you have not only 1 but 2 regions that will likely be far away from the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
It could be totally possible tat Victini isn't Unova native. After all, if you look at Corphish's Pokédex entries for R/S/E, it mentions that it is not a Hoenn native Pokémon, but rather a pest. I don't see why they couldn't have done that again.
It actually isn't a Unova Pokemon, a rich guy stored away the precious Pokemon as part of his private collection.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I doubt they'll change it from National Dex though, I'm guessing if they didn't change it last generation, they never will.
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

True enough. As I said, a neat solution would be a new world option which just features Unova/Pokeregion 6
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
True enough. As I said, a neat solution would be a new world option which just features Unova/Pokeregion 6
When you say new world, do you mean like a new planet, because that'd be confusing.
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

No, I mean like the other side of the planet, like the new world was basically the Americas to the Colombus Era explorers. Unova and Pokeregion 6, if based on France of course, are literally just 2 sides of an ocean while Pokejapan is still on the other side of the world.
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
No, I mean like the other side of the planet, like the new world was basically the Americas to the Colombus Era explorers. Unova and Pokeregion 6, if based on France of course, are literally just 2 sides of an ocean while Pokejapan is still on the other side of the world.
That makes more sense. If you did travel to Unova, I wonder how many years would've passed.
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's actually a valid point that I never really have thought about. National would really only cover what was found in that region, since it's technically one nation I suppose. Unless the theory of the games is that each region is part of one large Pokémon country, and then it would make sense to keep it as the National Dex, but at this point there's so many regions that are spread out it doesn't really seem plausible that that's accurate.
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Are we discussing travel to other regions? o: I kind of hope we stick to this specific region, and maybe Hoenn since we haven't revisited that region yet.
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Well I would like to revisit the other regions, but it doesn't seem to fit the game.
6th gen has just started, don't get your hopes up. Maybe we will revisit other region(s) in the third game.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'd rather a Hoenn remake than traveling to Hoenn in the post-game.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
We're straying a bit off-topic here, you guys. If you would like to discuss RSE Remakes, you may do so in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread over in Pokémon Gaming Central.

As far as including a past region in X and Y goes, I sincerely hope not. I rather they spend the time and space building on the new region instead.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've said this before, but, going to past regions would take away the emphasis on the development of this new region, IMO. I mean, hey, let's give this new region a chance, yes? I'm sure that we can all love it!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
You know, I've now thought of something interesting, speaking of traveling to other regions....

I want to know of this game would do a "two regions in one" kind of deal, y'know? It's a very intriguing thought, that after exploring and going through one region of the game, you have the opportunity to go travel to another unknown region, somewhere hidden off to you until you beat the primarily region's E4 or maybe after you get a certain number of badges. @_@ I'd love for that to happen, personally, however doubtful that may be.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:25 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I would love that to happen to be honest...maybe after we finish the French/Paris based region we go to the northwestern island region which has more snow, and different biomes than the french based on. Oh and it's based on London.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I feel like developing the new region is going to be a difficult task as it is with the new graphics engine, let alone another region (whether previous or another new one). As much as I'd love it I just really doubt it =/
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I feel like developing the new region is going to be a difficult task as it is with the new graphics engine, let alone another region (whether previous or another new one). As much as I'd love it I just really doubt it =/
Actually, previous regions would be easier, I'd say. After all, you have the existing world already, and just have to replicate it. Meanwhile, change the things (like Apricorn Trees) that have nothing to do with the new game.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It would be easier since they have a model to base it off of, but it still would be largely time consuming to recreate them all over again.

Random question: Do you guys think we'll have more varied landscapes, instead of it depending on seasons like Unova? Outside of maybe Twist Mountain, Unova wasn't really that varied of a reason when it came to landscape. Sinnoh had all of the northern routes covered in snow, as well with some more varied landscapes in general. I'd just love to see some more variance with this game, especially with the 3D.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You know, I've now thought of something interesting, speaking of traveling to other regions....

I want to know of this game would do a "two regions in one" kind of deal, y'know? It's a very intriguing thought, that after exploring and going through one region of the game, you have the opportunity to go travel to another unknown region, somewhere hidden off to you until you beat the primarily region's E4 or maybe after you get a certain number of badges. @_@ I'd love for that to happen, personally, however doubtful that may be.
I'm actually secretly wishing without setting off any alarms an additional DLC later on which adds more Pokemon along with a second region, but still part of gen 6. Something like Gen 6 part 2.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Did you guys see this?

Spoiler:
*Movie News.

The Movie News focuses mainly on Mewtwo, with a sidebar detailing its various appearances, including the original film, Mewtwo Returns, its role in Red and Blue, Pokemon Stadium, and even Smash Brothers Melee. Mewtwo is said to have amnesia within the film, and doesn't remember who Ash is, and considers him an enemy alongside the rest of humanity. Mewtwo engages in a fight with the Red Genesect in order to "free it" from its prison, as it senses its pain from being transformed into a weapon. Mewtwo is said to have obtained a new power, but it is not stated what.

The city within the film is called Neodoll City, and is a high-tech utopia where brilliant minds are said to gather. Ash and Co. travel there in order to attend a conference that Professor Oak invited them to focusing on the bonds between human and Pokemon.

*Sylveon gets a section focused on it, revealing Species and Type.

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn't stated exactly, but it evolves through its "bonds" with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

The Mini-Movie takes place within a park and a group of Eeveelution Sisters. Pikachu and friends help a young Eevee woo the Sylveon sister, while Oshawott and Meowth engage in a "love battle" in order to win over her as well. The Mini-Movie is said to take place directly before the main film in a city park, and Sylveon and the Eeveelutions will apparently cameo within the main film to aid in the big battle.

*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, "cow-puller", apparently from "kengyuusei", the "Puller of Cow Star". 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a "cowbell" charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, "Coal", same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black "train tracks" lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two "smoke stack" horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, "quick-tempered". Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it's got meaner looking (><) eyes as they're narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It's slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it's able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

*Anime News about next saga.

Feature on Sableye, who will be appearing in an upcoming episode. Sableye is apparently a "genius" intellect Pokemon who has been stealing books from the Nacrene Museum in order to read them, causing the Museum to shut down. While attempting to capture it, Sableye nabs Ash's PokeDex...

There will be an upcoming arc focused on the Nature Sanctuary, in which Virgil returns in order to protect a Shiny Haxorus from Team Rocket. A "heroic" Nuzleaf also plays a role, apparently teaming up with Cilan who has become a "Kamen Sommelier!".

It was posted by somebody over at pokejungle saying it was going to be the contents of the next Corocoro. I doesn't say anything for it's reliability of course but thought I would post it here just in case. They said it was on /vp/ where they found it....which means nothing to me. Is that something about 4chan?

All I can think of is how distraught the fans of a joint Tauros/Miltank prevo will be.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

/vp/ is the Pokémon board on 4chan. And a lot of that seems pretty viable, although I doubt that Sylveon would only be a female exclusive Eeveelution. However, I do like the Torkoal evolution and the alternate to Wobbuffet, even if I kind of doubt that would actually happen. Who knows, it may be real! Better than what Mr. XY has been spewing on 4chan.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

If it's fake, it's very well-written. We should wait for the magazine, however.

Those wanting a new type for Sylveon will be disappointed if it's true.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links