The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyHeracross View Post
True. Kinda like Vibrava. Plus, since dragon is strong against dragon, there could be a male and female counterpart and this is just the female
You know what? I hope that's what's going on now! Same item evolves both, but they have a different appearance by gender and are in fact two different Pokémon (like Mothim and Wormadam).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I had a guess last month about what typing Sylveon will be, and I thought it would be a Steel type. The name looks like a combination of the words silver (A metal) and the common ending -eon. A while ago I also made a guess that the name of this Pokemon would be Silveon! So I was very close on that guess.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm going with ghost type. I mean, look at it. LOOK at it. It has that weird vibe in its eyes.

It must evolve in a haunted house or something.

Cyclone
In a way it does remind me somewhat of Chimecho and kind of like those tag things used in Sailor Moon but that's all, really that I see that relates to ghost :(
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:22 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think we know by now that colour doesn't mean much in the way of types. It would be nice if it were flying though. The ribbons would look pretty blowing around in the wind.
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah they would! Also if Sylveon were to get Hurricane... well, that'd make it really awesome in comparison to the other Eeveelutions :3;
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:39 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If it learns Outrage, and Dragon Pulse, and Dragon Dance it'll be better than the rest...also all the other eeveelution's types won't be super effective against it except for Glaceoen...
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

It has probably been said, but what if it evolves once it has a certain amount if ribbons?
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

That would certainly be a unique evolution method.

Im pretty stumped about it's type honestly, it's very vague. I see it either being Normal, Flying or a new type at this point. Ive seen a lot of people saying "oh Normal type will just be a bigger Eevee" but we do not know that for a fact at all, it's only speculated, it has the chance to be a Normal type. There are some tidbits of evidence for Flying type as well, since it's ribbons were shown blowing in the wind, It's name resembles Sylph, an air elemental spirit, which is said to not have visible wings. Also Ive read Sylvidae is a genus of birds, which may relate to Flying type as well. It also the lightest Eeveelution. Jolteon also does not have an opposite( either weak or strong to it) so that's another thing to think about. Also I may be the only one who notices it's ears look like feathers a bit?

Of course there's also the possibility of a new type. I doubt they are making this big a deal about it for no reason, this implies there is something different about Sylveon in particular, including the possiblity it may be a brand new type, which might explain why it's being introduced by itself. There is also nothing about Sylveon that implies it is any existing type, which is why there is so much debate about what type it is.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
A new trailer has been released for the upcoming movie, and near the end of the video (starting at 1:21) it shows Sylveon in its animated form. Not to discuss the short itself, but the location and Sylveon's surrounding in the video seem to suggest it as a Flying type. Not to mention, the actual location seems to be atop a very large and tall tree!! That could be the biggest clue of all given that Eevee evolves to adapt to its surroundings.

...or maybe that's just what I want it to suggest in my head. I don't know. :x

Last edited by Guy; March 6th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Sylveon's ribbon thingies are acting like tentacles in the movie short, it can control them like any being can control its muscles. Makes me wonder what type it is even more. Perhaps it fly's by flapping them really hard?
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hm, did you guys noticed those flowers that surrounded it? Could that have something to do with Sylveon's evolution? Maybe it's to suggest that to evolve Eevee to Sylveon, you'd have to evolve it to a specific location that has flowers?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Probably just the locale for the movie. Thought if it does involve flowers that could imply bug, perhaps through pollenization?
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I think Sylveon will evolve via a new, different way. First we have via stones, via time of day, location, etc. It could evolve via level up with a held item (which technically has happened before but still) or a certain gender. It could be a forme for all we know. But I'm willing to bet it's a Flying or Normal type now.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Flying or new for me. Definitely can see it being female only also, but to what extent that would involve its evolution method...
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Samurott View Post
3. Has a quadreped ever been a Flying type before? To me, this is the biggest obstacle to the theory that Sylveon is a Flying type, and an observation that has not received any attention as far as I have been able to tell. I find it highly unlikely that a quadreped would be a Flying type.
Tropius. Salamence. Shaymin. Landorus. You can't go on design alone; Gyarados is a Flying-type.

I'm 100% going for Flying-type. I think the location in that video clip as well definitely indicates it to being a Flying-type. Maybe it just levitates? Idk.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

If it were female only, it'd be difficult to get, with Eevee's gender ratio. Also it looks like it'd have 130 in speed.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Caelus
Gone

By appearance alone I would have assumed it was a normal type just because I don't see characteristics from any other type, but seeing as how Eevee is a normal type and all the other eeveelutions have a different type my guess would have to be flying type.

Also like to note that dragon is the only special type that hasn't been used yet, so maybe it could be that?
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
EDIT I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

Pokemon X & Y represent Chromosomes, right? Which in part determine gender.

XX= Female
XY = Male

What if Sylveon has something to do with that theme? And Sylveon is the female evolution of eevee, and can only be obtained by evolving eevee in X in some way, since X is the female dominant chromosome. (all vertebrate mammals start as females) Level it up in Y in some way, and you'll get a yet-to-be-unveiled Male evolution.

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Okay, the way they look up at the sky and show Sylveon, its a flying type, isn't it.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:27 PM
That Dude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I was thinking because the butterfly bows then bug type but the video only shows moves Eevee learns so it is extremely difficult to tell but I could imagine it using Quiver Dance
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
EDIT I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

Pokemon X & Y represent Chromosomes, right? Which in part determine gender.

XX= Female
XY = Male

What if Sylveon has something to do with that theme? And Sylveon is the female evolution of eevee, and can only be obtained by evolving eevee in X in some way, since X is the female dominant chromosome. (all vertebrate mammals start as females) Level it up in Y in some way, and you'll get a yet-to-be-unveiled Male evolution.

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D
I've seen speculations about that before, but yeah, that's definitely a possibility, and I'd love if GF went down that road! It can be an added incentive on people preferring the rarer Female Eevee.

I too, think it's a flying type, but... could GF really play the obvious-game here? They can very well pull a curve ball. @__@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I really want it to be pure flying, We really need more of them.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I really want it to be pure flying, We really need more of them.
Given that it's an Eeveelution and not some other new Pokémon, regardless of what type it turns out to be, I don't see it being dual-typed. I'm almost 99.8% sure of it, and if I'm wrong, well...

There's a first for everything, I suppose.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

First off, supernatural gif! *squee*
Second, yeah dual type is definitely not happening. Only way that happens is if Eevee's adaptability glitches or something.
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I'm starting to get annoyed about everyone suggesting Sylveon's type as Normal and Flying, because they're ignoring the pattern of Eeveelutions being types formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, so the only possible type for Sylveon is Dragon, which is the last special-based type, or a new type that might've been special-based if it existed.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here