The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Um...by "faint all the opposing team" do you mean faint all of the Pokemon on that team? @_@ That is just...so ridiculously overpowered that it seems unlikely in general that something like this would be used.
I meant fainting all the enemys pokemon that are currently on the field. Besides, it activates 3 turns later (just like perish song), and if Blazzaka faints before the 3 turns have past, then the explosive is deactivated. This problem though is that it could spam detect and protect until the explosive activates, but hey it's just an idea!
I agree that Blazzaka should be a frail, but powerful sweeper. The high defensive stats would probably work better for a bomb/mine pokemon, but not fireworks.

Quote:
For me, I'd like an Amoeba-ish Pokemon(that's not Ditto). If the heavy speculation that these games are surrounded on genetics are correct, it would seem likely that something like this p be included, though confusing as to what type it would be. I would assume "Psychic/Poison", but that's just kind of whipping stuff out of nowhere, haha. I mean, I was thinking more like a disease or a germ Pokemon of some sort(which I imagine would just be pure poison), but eh.
Disease pokemon? We already have one - Reuniclus, the cancer pokemon!

Gen 6.
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh I was replying to the other thread and I thought of this. Unova was primarily based upon strong physical attackers (I did the maths) - do you think this generation will be based on strong special attackers...? So instead of mass fighting mons we'd get more fire/electric/water, etc.
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh I was replying to the other thread and I thought of this. Unova was primarily based upon strong physical attackers (I did the maths) - do you think this generation will be based on strong special attackers...? So instead of mass fighting mons we'd get more fire/electric/water, etc.
Please let this be true. ;__; I mean, personally I'd like to see a rise in the more underrated types(bug, poison, etc), but I'd have no complaints about this whatsoever! It's kind of interesting that you pointed that out actually, it'd be kind of an intriguing thing if the generation after this one we would get more defensive/specially defensive Pokemon, albeit however unlikely that might be. XD
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I was actually hoping for more specially defensive pokemon this time around so that people don't really have to rely on blissey anymore~ But yes, more special attacks is also just as fine!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I honestly think there's a good chance this generation might have it's own Blissey and Skarmory, Shawn! At least, it's kind of about time since we've used these two Pokemon for the same thing for about a good couple of generations, so I think it's time for them to retire once their replacements come around this generation. :x
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Well iirc Sinnoh had a lot of defensive mons, whereas Hoenn was more physical, maybe? And before that I didn't really notice a pattern, so if it is to follow on it'll probably be special attackinggg. Specially defensive I don't think we need more of, because really, we have enough as it is, whereas more special attackers to dominate would be awesome!
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well, I actually hope that it doesn't pull a Gen 1 where special attackers where dominate. XD But, I just want a balance between offensive and defensive, y'know? The metagame's power creep increased from Unova, so, people found it hard to stall. Well, I don't mind that, buuuut yeah, I just wanted more defensive mons~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Mmmmm, gotta agree with you there. What if there were a mix of special attackers and defensive this generation? Would that make more sense, then? D:
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Forever
let it go

Hmm yeah I see why there'd need to be more specially defensive Pokemon but special attacking mons idk, they're usually not like super fast unless they're electric so they can easily be revenge killed imo.
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm honestly hoping the pokémon of this generation are more balanced in stats like a jack of all trades rather than be glass cannons, mighty glaciers, and fragile speedsters.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

I might be flamed for this but it would be interesting if they did a 'Virus', 'Zombie', 'Host', 'Cure' 'Immune' Pokemon cycle type thing.

I really don't know how to explain it but here I go

Host Pokemon are just regular typed Pokemon And can evolve into either Zombie Pokemon by being bit/infected by a Virus Pokemon (Poison?), which only can produced by Zombie Pokemon (Poison/Ghost(Undead)). Or stinged by a Cure Pokemon(Type Unknown) to evolve into a Immune Pokemon (Type Unknown). And The Host Pokemon is the only one that can be infected, no other Pokemon.

The Cure and Virus Pokemon must need a Host Pokemon to evolve into their final Evolution.

I was think a way to get infected by the virus or cure, is by in battle with a WILD Virus or Cure Pokemon. If the Virus Pokemon uses Bite or Cure Pokemon uses sting on the Host. It injects what ever into the Host Pokemon. And after the battle the Host will evolve into the respected Pokemon and the Cure or Virus Pokemon disappears to evolve with the Host Pokemon. Or some sort of way.

Zombies/Virus Pokemon have a speed, defense, attack Bonus during the night, and the reverse deduction in the day. Virus more common appeared at at night Uncommon for Zommbie, But Both rarely appear during the day, in the wild. While Immune/Cure Pokemon have Speed, defense, attack bonus during the day, and vise versa. Wild also goes for the Immune and Cure Pokemon but opposite.

I know it sounds complicated but easy to understand once get it.

Don't kill me for my idea...
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
I might be flamed for this but it would be interesting if they did a 'Virus', 'Zombie', 'Host', 'Cure' 'Immune' Pokemon cycle type thing.

I really don't know how to explain it but here I go

Host Pokemon are just regular typed Pokemon And can evolve into either Zombie Pokemon by being bit/infected by a Virus Pokemon (Poison?), which only can produced by Zombie Pokemon (Poison/Ghost(Undead)). Or stinged by a Cure Pokemon(Type Unknown) to evolve into a Immune Pokemon (Type Unknown). And The Host Pokemon is the only one that can be infected, no other Pokemon.

The Cure and Virus Pokemon must need a Host Pokemon to evolve into their final Evolution.

I was think a way to get infected by the virus or cure, is by in battle with a WILD Virus or Cure Pokemon. If the Virus Pokemon uses Bite or Cure Pokemon uses sting on the Host. It injects what ever into the Host Pokemon. And after the battle the Host will evolve into the respected Pokemon and the Cure or Virus Pokemon disappears to evolve with the Host Pokemon. Or some sort of way.

Zombies/Virus Pokemon have a speed, defense, attack Bonus during the night, and the reverse deduction in the day. Virus more common appeared at at night Uncommon for Zommbie, But Both rarely appear during the day, in the wild. While Immune/Cure Pokemon have Speed, defense, attack bonus during the day, and vise versa. Wild also goes for the Immune and Cure Pokemon but opposite.

I know it sounds complicated but easy to understand once get it.

Don't kill me for my idea...

Who's going to attack you for your idea? You shouldn't be afraid to post them there, after all, hardly(if anyone else) could be wrong, this is a speculation thread, right? We're here to speculate about new Pokemon, and we don't know who's right, or who's wrong, or who's inbetween because we don't know who's being created. This is just kind of like a wish-list thread for what we want to see as far as new Pokemon in the new generation. Don't feel bad for that, really! :3

Thta being said though, your idea does sound really coo! o: Parasitic Pokemon does sound pretty scary to me, but that's an entirely new concept that I think would be pretty neat if it was in the games~!
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Some ideas for Pokemon I have, it's a bit of a long list:
Cardinal-Early route bird?
Peacock
Flamingo
Giant Panda
Hammerhead shark
Narwhal
Toucan
Gargoyle
Griffin
Jack o Lanturn-possibly Grass/Ghost typed
Monarch Butterfly
Squid
Sea Urchin
Dolphin
Swordfish

This is just a list of many ideas I have.
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Anyone mentioned a sponge Pokemon for Gen VI? Seriously, a Pokemon-style Spongebob parody is way overdue, because we still haven't received a sponge Pokemon.
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Hammerhead shark
Griffin
Swordfish
Hammerhead shark? What about Dominatou? Cross between dominator (sharks are at the top of ocean food chain), and chuí tóu shā (Chinese for Hammerhead shark). Dominatou could be a physical sweeper, another glass cannon. The pre-evolution of Dominatou could be Chuisha (chuí tóu shā). Water/Dark just like Sharpedo

I like the swordfish idea, why not Swardish (sword and fish). And its evolution could be Barrablade (such a cool name, cross between Barracuda and blade), Barrablade looks like a swordfish with a massive steel blade instead. Either water/fighting or water/steel, probably water/fighting because a swordfish would naturally be an offensive animal, and fighting is much more offensive than steel.

The Griffin idea seems pretty cool, maybe it could be a pseudo legendary. It could have 3 stages (like most pseudo legendaries): Griffy , Griffain, and Griffalix. I'm not sure what its typing should be, Dragon/Flying is so overused, but Fire/Flying would probably be the best choice. Perhaps it could be a bulky pokemon like Tyranitar, instead of a glass cannon.

Gen 6.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'd like a Hammerhead Shark and a Swordfish, those both seem like two very interesting ideas indeed~ I'm not too totally sure on how I feel towards a Griffin I guess, but it depends on what characteristics you assign to it, I suppose. I see it as kind of a Normal/Flying kind of a thing, but I suppose you could make it Fire/Flying if you give it flame wings or something like that? o.o;

Also...

Quote:
but Fire/Flying would probably be the best choice. Perhaps it could be a bulky pokemon like Tyranitar, instead of a glass cannon.
Except Fire/Flying wouldn't exactly be the best typing to accomplish that, sadly. Stealth Rock nukes your chances of ever really trying to take a hit out of anything, but I guess it's worth a shot? :x
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I wonder what kind of "connected" legendaries and how many we'll have in this Gen. Will they still follow the "trio" thing as usual? hmm...
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:40 AM
crehym

Nature: Quiet
I wanna see a Lego pokemon, that would be cool! (not Porygon) I also don't care if new pokes are based on non-living things.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I actually hope that it doesn't pull a Gen 1 where special attackers where dominate. XD But, I just want a balance between offensive and defensive, y'know? The metagame's power creep increased from Unova, so, people found it hard to stall. Well, I don't mind that, buuuut yeah, I just wanted more defensive mons~!
This this this this this! I honestly miss being able to run any sort of defensive team because Gen 5 made it pretty much impossible with all of the strong attackers it introduced. As long as we have some more defensive (especially because of all the Fighting types), and I guess some special defensive mons (For like some of the genie trio? I don't know =x) to balance it out it'd be nice!
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Except Fire/Flying wouldn't exactly be the best typing to accomplish that, sadly. Stealth Rock nukes your chances of ever really trying to take a hit out of anything, but I guess it's worth a shot? :x
I completely disagree, despite the massive stealth rock weakness, I think it's a great typing. Fire/Flying only 3 weaknesses plus it resists annoying fight type moves, and is naturally immune to the all popular earthquake. Besides, Tyranitar is commonly referred to as the best pseudo legendary, despite the fact it has 6 weaknesses including a 4x weakness to fighting types and a 2x weakness to earthquake.

Sorry, that was a little off topic, . I would personally like to have mechanoid pokemon, maybe steel/fighting. Or perhaps a possessed mechanoid, Steel/Ghost with levitate (only one weakness - fire).

Gen 6.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by crehym View Post
I wanna see a Lego pokemon, that would be cool! (not Porygon) I also don't care if new pokes are based on non-living things.
I like Pokemon based on non-living things but lego just seems too... borderline? Kind of like it's crossing into other territory aka company-wise. :(
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I like Pokemon based on non-living things but lego just seems too... borderline? Kind of like it's crossing into other territory aka company-wise. :(
Well, it doesn't have to be "lego". There are more building blocks around Asia they can use! Personally, I love the idea of a building block pokemon~ Though, I do hope that it doesn't... crumble, hehe. And, it would have strange anatomy for sure... and plus, what type would it be? I see some sort of steel type with that, but... yeah, that would a strange yet interesting pokemon!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 8th, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by crehym View Post
Given the fact that the region is based on Europe and LEGO originated from Europe, I don't see this as a coincidence.
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
As soon as I read Lego Pokemon I remembered the Lego looking Digimon...so hopefully if they did make one it won't be a Lego Dragon looking Pokemon...
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't know why but now I have this image of a Fighting/Rock typed Pokémon that has a humanoid shape and is made from bricks. Probably the whole building block idea, but it seems like it could be cool.

Sponsored Links