The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f View Post
Parker's OW pants shouldn't be so high up, I think... anyway, Alice is great!

Here was that banner or something...

no, he has a short vest/shirt thing going on and high pants, judging sprite to OW I would say its pretty good

Quote:
I've been really into spriting lately, so I have more sprites done! Here are the overworlds for the rival Parker, and the Champion Alice
You've done a great job, I'm more of a classic spriter, I've only recently left my cave and joined the world in the 4-5 gen lifestyle, so I would say its probably better than what I could make hahahahaha
great job!

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

@Creampuff

Thanks for the banner! I'll add it to the main post. Like saving Raven said, the pants are supposed to be like that. Thanks for the comments! :D

@Saving Raven

Thank you. I want to use HGSS graphics, so I am trying to match 4th gen style. Glad to see that I am.

Now, I have 4 new screens!

\

EDIT: Oh and to clear something up, the white and black ball things are not the orbs. They only represent them. The actualy orbs are somewhere else

Last edited by Rayd12smitty; February 10th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

As mentioned in my last post, Yin and Yang are two of the main characters in Melanite's story. They embody Chaos and Order, and are the owners of Zekrom and Reshiram. I just finished making their sprites. Also, all sprites now have a nice little transparent shadow underneath them with a 75% opacity.

Old February 12th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
As mentioned in my last post, Yin and Yang are two of the main characters in Melanite's story. They embody Chaos and Order, and are the owners of Zekrom and Reshiram. I just finished making their sprites. Also, all sprites now have a nice little transparent shadow underneath them with a 75% opacity.
thats awesome! I love the look, its just so captivating and awesome >w<

Old February 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
thats awesome! I love the look, its just so captivating and awesome >w<
Thanks:D I might have to fix up the back views. There seems to be too much of the lightest color.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

I got around to adding in VS animations. This is the first rival battle. It takes place inside the Pokemon Trainer School in Pallisa City. You can do this battle before or after the gym. If you do it before, it is good training, if you do it after, it will probably be pretty easy.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
Left with the Wind...

Nature: Naive
Awesome! Love those Yin & Yang sprites! Do we battle them or something?

| | | | | | |

Try using Brave Bird!

Goodbye... I'm off.

Old February 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
No one cares. Why bother.

Nature: Adamant
The update looks lovely, hun.
I'm also loving Yin and Yang's overworlds. The game is coming along nicely.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Thanks guys. Yin and yang are a main part of the story. You don't battle them until post elite four.
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
bluball

when is demo comin out or beta
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluball View Post
when is demo comin out or beta
It's against the rules to ask for that.

I can't say for sure. Hopefully within a few months.
Old February 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Dradier234
Mr. Crono

Nature: Careful
You've come a long way. Congratulations. Question though, is the VS sequence from Luka?
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
You've come a long way. Congratulations. Question though, is the VS sequence from Luka?
Well it's included in essentials now. I'll give him credit though
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Its been a few days since I posted any updates. Here is what has been done.

*Game is fully playable through first gym with no bugs that I can find
*Route 3 has been remapped and Trainers were added
*1st Badge now allows CUT not ROCK SMASH. It makes more sense and works better for me
*Boy and Girl Sprites for Walk/Run/Fish/PokeCenter are done
*Fixed path tiles in all maps
*Added cloud shadow effect (Fog Graphic) like in Platinum to Dusk Forest
*Redid Dusk Forest a little

Here is the New Route 3
Spoiler:

Down leads to Lily Town, Up leads to Vetus Town. The two different trees are Headbutt Trees. The house is the business Tree Co. The owner gives you a Treecko. (Punny Right?)
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Hey everyone. I have a special treat for you. Here is the video for the introduction scene. I recently went through a graphics overhaul. Most of the stuff is made custom by me, or at least recolored a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-fwNtwUg1o
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Hey guys. I haven't gotten any responses to my posts lately XD

Anyway, I'm gonna keep posting here anyway since I love your advice when you give it. I just drew out a concept for the second gym and want to know what you guys think.

Spoiler:

The gym is Rock Type and located in Splitsoul Town.

Leader: Doug
Lileep - Archen - Kabutops
Fossil Badge
Allows the use of Rock Smash

So the basic idea was to incorporate the Ruins of Alph tile minigame Maruno incorporated in the last essentials update. All the trainers in the gym are on the basement level, and to get to a basement area, you need to complete a Ruins of Alph tile game. The two long pathways on the sides of the leader's room are filled with rocks that when stepped too closely too attack you as hidden pokemon.

Please give opinions:D
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Hey guys. I haven't gotten any responses to my posts lately XD

Anyway, I'm gonna keep posting here anyway since I love your advice when you give it. I just drew out a concept for the second gym and want to know what you guys think.

Spoiler:

The gym is Rock Type and located in Splitsoul Town.

Leader: Doug
Lileep - Archen - Kabutops
Fossil Badge
Allows the use of Rock Smash

So the basic idea was to incorporate the Ruins of Alph tile minigame Maruno incorporated in the last essentials update. All the trainers in the gym are on the basement level, and to get to a basement area, you need to complete a Ruins of Alph tile game. The two long pathways on the sides of the leader's room are filled with rocks that when stepped too closely too attack you as hidden pokemon.

Please give opinions:D
wow, haha, I like it, its really cool and gets into the real challenge of a gym, and utilizes the gym's type nicely and incorporated it fantastically good job

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Vociferocity
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
I really like your sprites, and your mapping style is great. the route 3 map you posted is visually really interesting without being too busy; it looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play through! your gym idea sounds pretty neat, too :)
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I finished mapping it, but I am saving it for the game. Hopefully it will be playable soon. I'm thinking of moving to the showcase in a few weeks since I'm farther than a few games there.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I finished mapping it, but I am saving it for the game. Hopefully it will be playable soon. I'm thinking of moving to the showcase in a few weeks since I'm farther than a few games there.
haha, thats how I felt when i first moved, Its a nice feeling, it feels like you've accomplished something, and people will start caring a little more, but then people will be more demanding and wanting more content to play

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
haha, thats how I felt when i first moved, Its a nice feeling, it feels like you've accomplished something, and people will start caring a little more, but then people will be more demanding and wanting more content to play
That's what I'm worried about. I'll post and then everyone will say what I've been told was good can be better and should be better, and then I'll feel like I need to redo everything...again XD
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

It's a nice layout for a Gym, although it might be a bit linear (but I don't know whether that's acceptable for a Gym layout). Hopefully it at least won't be as neatly round as your sketch (unless that's intentional).

Which particular Alph puzzle(s) will you be using? There are 7 variants in my minigame, some way harder than others. :D

One possibility is to make this Gym something like Cinnabar Island's Gym. That is, to open an alternative path (e.g. underground) with fewer trainers if the player completes the puzzle. You could even give the player just one chance at each puzzle, and force a battle upon failing to solve it. There are many ways you could go with this.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
It's a nice layout for a Gym, although it might be a bit linear (but I don't know whether that's acceptable for a Gym layout). Hopefully it at least won't be as neatly round as your sketch (unless that's intentional).

Which particular Alph puzzle(s) will you be using? There are 7 variants in my minigame, some way harder than others. :D

One possibility is to make this Gym something like Cinnabar Island's Gym. That is, to open an alternative path (e.g. underground) with fewer trainers if the player completes the puzzle. You could even give the player just one chance at each puzzle, and force a battle upon failing to solve it. There are many ways you could go with this.
That is true. I plan on using the 3 fossil pokemon ones. Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactly since the gym leader loves fossil pokemon and the badge is the fossil badge. I like that idea with the one chance too. I'll probably decide when I get to the point of making the town the gym is in. I'm still working on the town before it.

Someone in the Pokemon Essentials Sections asked about how to make Hidden Grottos, so I came up with a way! There is a tutorial sort of Add On in the Pokemon Essentials Section right now.
Spoiler:
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

I meant which kind(s) of puzzle would you be using? The regular Ruins of Alph one (a jigsaw), or Alph with rotations, or the 15 puzzle one, or what?
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I meant which kind(s) of puzzle would you be using? The regular Ruins of Alph one (a jigsaw), or Alph with rotations, or the 15 puzzle one, or what?
Woah! I never noticed there were so many. I just planned on using the regular Ruins of Alph version. I just looked through them and they are awesome. Some of them seem really hard. I'm going to use the star rotation one later for sure.

Sponsored Links