The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Have you ever thought that the games should feel somewhat like as it did in the anime in where the Pokémon heal on their own? We know in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that it did happen while walking around in a dungeon. It would be interesting to see something like Pokémon recovering 1 HP every ten thousand steps or something like that, and if their status is "Fainted", they could automatically be cured of Fainted status with one HP recovered. This would save the trouble of having to go back to the Pokémon Center each time, but I really do think it should take a while... so that it would kind of put up a bit of a challenge, but it makes it more realistic though. ;)

What do you think? Would you like to see something like this happen in Pokémon X and Y? Feel free to discuss your opinions on this. ^^

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I was thinking more in the line of PP recovery through walking rather than HP recovery, but still, I think it would be nice to have something like that in this game.

In all honesty, however, I really doubt that GameFreak will implement such a feature into this.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
I was thinking more in the line of PP recovery through walking rather than HP recovery, but still, I think it would be nice to have something like that in this game.

In all honesty, however, I really doubt that GameFreak will implement such a feature into this.
PP recovery would be much nicer, in all honesty.

But yeah, the system's not fit for the main series. It'd either be so easy that Pokemon Centers wouldn't be needed, or so hard that you'd be able to make it to a Pokemon Center before you recovered a significant amount. Poison would be a big problem too. It's understandable if a Pokemon faints from poison and is revived with an item because that item is medicine and has the ability to cure poison, but just walking around automatically recovering HP doesn't have that same effect.
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:59 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon should be automatically revived to ~10HP after every battle (like in Chrono Trigger) .
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Mmmmmm.

Instead of HP(which would be more or less easy to recover anyway, I mean are potions/super potions really that hard to come by?), why not PP instead, like most of the people in this thread have mentioned? You can't really buy Elixers/Max Elixers like you could with Potions/Super Potions, so if you're ever stuck in a cave or something like that, it'd be at least reassuring to know that your PP would auto-recover after battles so your Pokemon aren't totally exhausted.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I found myself thinking this as when challenging Unova's E4 and was running out of PP, how nice it'll be if the pokemon could recover it's energy, or even if they replaced the current pp system with an energy bar which could slowly recover over time.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Firestorm1
Freezing Flame

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I found myself thinking this as when challenging Unova's E4 and was running out of PP, how nice it'll be if the pokemon could recover it's energy, or even if they replaced the current pp system with an energy bar which could slowly recover over time.
Brilliant idea! HP regeneration would be unfair if you were catching a legendary at extremely low health or if you were simply knocking out the opponent's Pokemon.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That would be a great idea! Though I'm kind of thinking about PP recovery every 100 steps or so, that would make life a whole lot easier, since Elixiers and Max Elixiers can't be bought in shops in the game. As for automatic HP recovery, I'm kind of thinking that it should be limited to being only outside of battle.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
That would be an interesting idea, the concept of an energy bar. I actually like that idea over PP and it'd be cool seeing something like this in the future :3. And recovering slowly after a certain amount of time would be good, it'd save constant visits to Pokecenters and shopping sprees in Pokemarts. And I also like the idea of HP Recovery, it would be sort of like other games where if you walked around for a while, your Pokemon would gain perhaps 20HP each time? Or maybe after taking a certain number of steps your Pokemon would recover some HP and so on?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, it can make sense to debate the fact that pokemon can heal their own injuries without items over time, and yeah, it can be a very useful mechanic! Maybe 10,000 steps would be a little much though; it can very just well be 100 steps or even 10 steps, imo. Like said before in this thread, PP can very well recover too, since PP is kind of part of a pokemon's 'health system' in pokemon games, so, it'd make sense, imo.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think it would make Revives much more obsolete, plus it would make it would make games much more easier.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I think it would make Revives much more obsolete, plus it would make it would make games much more easier.
I'm not so sure about that -- in the Mystery Dungeon games, when a pokemon faints, it faints; you couldn't bring it back with the HP recovery system, so you'd have to have a revival seed. I can see that working here too. A pokemon wouldn't automatically revive itself when you're walking, so, Revives can still be there to help pokemon. Well, that's what I think anyway; I don't know how easy this will make the games, but, it'd certainly make healing easier, so you'd don't have to rely on potions or the Pokemon Center as much.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I feel like this could definitely implemented as an out-of-battle effect, but during a battle not so much. Even though it's turn-based, it's not like each turn takes a lot of time (theoretically), so it wouldn't be enough time for anything to recover from injuries. I like Miss Doronjo's idea of taking x amount of steps to recover HP/PP while in the overworld, as it isn't anything that could be easily abused (and in the amount of steps he provided it would be more that enough time to reach a Pokémon Center anyways)!
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I think doing this would make the game-play far too easy and render certain recovery and restore items useless. I kind of disliked that Gen IV made it so that our Pokémon would be healed of their poison upon reaching 1HP outside of battle. Gen V only made it worse when Pokémon no longer became affected by poison outside of battle. To me, all of this took away that certain sense of dire emergency to heal your Pokémon right away or rush to the nearest Pokémon Center before they fainted. Taking this another step further with HP or PP would just lessen the challenge of the game and it wouldn't be nearly as fun or exciting if it became that much easier to play.
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I like the idea of Pokémon recovering after battle if fainted. However, the fact of the matter remains that the Pokémon should NOT be fighting, and to keep that in place, it's not done.

Also, the recovering of HP would be very badly abused by some in an Elite Four/Champion's Room environment, in that one would be able to - if they felt like walking ten million steps at a time - effectively cure their Pokémon without items before the next battle, restock PP, etc.

Hence, Gamefreak won't do this. It doesn't mean I don't wish such a mechanic existed; it just never will.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:22 PM
sicness09
Unhatched Egg

Love the idea of recovering pp or just being able to buy elixers???

Real team pm for a battle
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I don't think this is a good idea, since it defeats the purpose of healing items like Hyper Potions and Full Restores, and also Revives.

I mostly agree with everything Aerilyn said, even though removing poison damage outside of battle was neat, I'd still wouldn't want Pokemon recovering without the use of items since it would also render Pokemon Centers obsolete.

I mean, who doesn't want to play Pokemon games if there's no challenge to them?

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links