Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Adding animations from the All Animations Project

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old March 7th, 2013 (07:20 PM).

Hello! I'm brand new here xD

I'm fairly deep into my game! I have the first 5 gyms done, starter pokemon set and custom along with 50+ custom pokemon, . . .

I'm at the point where I'm trying to add animations from the All Animations Project and I'm a bit confused.

I know it gives you 3 things:
~Animation bit map (.png)
~A sound file for the animation (.wav)
~A animation file (.anm)

From my assumption, I place the .png in the animations folder in graphics, the .wav in the Sound Effects folder in Audio, and the .anm file... where? I tried using the animation maker in essentials to import it but nothing comes up?

I tried placing the folder in the Data folder and animations folder... still nothing. Scrambled everywhere to find info on it and to no avail.

I might be over thinking it haha but does any one know where the file has to go or what do I do to import it? Or does it really come down to me making it from scratch? (Note: I'm TERRIBLE at animations xD)

Please and thank you!!!!! :D
Old March 8th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

The .anm file goes in the game's main folder (i.e. where Game.exe and the PBS folder are). From there, you should be able to import each animation separately from within the Animation Editor (note: not using the "Import All Animations" option).

Alternatively, put all the files for an animation into a folder (one folder per animation) inside the Graphics/Animations folder, and use "Import All Animations". I don't know if this works perfectly or not, but it's an alternative.
Old March 8th, 2013 (10:42 PM). Edited March 8th, 2013 by joey645.

I'll give you feed back if it does or doesn't. Thanks sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!! Giving it a try right now

Quote originally posted by Maruno:
The .anm file goes in the game's main folder (i.e. where Game.exe and the PBS folder are). From there, you should be able to import each animation separately from within the Animation Editor (note: not using the "Import All Animations" option).

Alternatively, put all the files for an animation into a folder (one folder per animation) inside the Graphics/Animations folder, and use "Import All Animations". I don't know if this works perfectly or not, but it's an alternative.
It worked! Thank you very much :D Was wondering why that import all wasn't working so well xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)