The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Advertise here
DR2 looks great. New sprites look great.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
think about DR3..... what will happen...
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Number View Post
Lastly, can we have another starter? Something Magikarpy... starts out very weak but has crazy potential? Real, fake, doesn't matter so long as it has 3 stages and they are far enough apart (not like butterfree) and each stage has a destinct vibe so people don't just say "awww crap, why don't you just evolve already!!!" But cool enough to make you wanna mascot it like ash's pikachu that could possibly have a hold item that gigaboosts it like the afformentioned pikachu (like a lightball )
That would kill the feeling of sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
think about DR3..... what will happen...
Yeah... I wonder too... DRG stated that she wants a trilogy but we're supposed to defeat Darugis in DR2...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM
pikachubolt

OMG can't wait to play this amazing hack!The graphics look amazing and also the pokemon from 6th generation is available,especially Xerneas and Yveltal,yay!
Good luck!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Damned

Hey DRG, I was just playing Life of Guardians and I was thinking of two ideas you might want to put either in this hack or the next one.

1. An ultimate move for each type in the game. I already posted something like this in the Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians thread so you can check it out there what my idea was but basically, every type has some significantly powerful move (but still has enough drawbacks to prevent the move from being overpowered) that can only be learned by that type. Each move should have different effects from one another, to prevent from just being a bunch of carbon copies of one another (for example a move that decreases or increases multiple stats by two stages, a move that inflicts status effects like freeze 100% of the time, a move with high base power and a high chance to land a critical hit, etc.). These can be found in the form of TMs that are very difficult to obtain or the player could only be allowed to teach a limited number of them to their pokemon.

2. A branching storyline, preferably where the player can choose to be evil. I absolutely love hacks that do this. Playing the role of the selfless, melodramatic hero who saves the land from all the evil gets boring after the fifty billionth time.

Anyways, good luck with this hack.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Hey everyone. To showcase some of the amazing new music being produced by Jillsandwich93 for Pokemon Dark Rising 2, I'd decided to give everyone a little teaser of Darugis's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Veev...ature=youtu.be
Does this get you more pumped to finally face the monster?
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I just heard the music and I am feeling very creepy now

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 9th, 2013, 02:11 AM
SonicBoomΩ
Unhatched Egg

Good hack, DarkRisingGirl. The white color doesn't look good on the hiker. And can you make the hack easier? Thank's for reading.
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Hey DRG could u please specify the video name for me please? I try to follow the link but it says The Webpage is not available. It's happening probably because I live in Bangladesh and all, so please tell me. BTW, I think Oren's sprite needs to improve. It's looks too much MS Paintish if ya know what I mean.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:33 AM
SonicBoomΩ
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Hey DRG could u please specify the video name for me please? I try to follow the link but it says The Webpage is not available. It's happening probably because I live in Bangladesh and all, so please tell me. BTW, I think Oren's sprite needs to improve. It's looks too much MS Paintish if ya know what I mean.
The video's name is "Pokemon Dark Rising Soundtrack".
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Hey everyone. To showcase some of the amazing new music being produced by Jillsandwich93 for Pokemon Dark Rising 2, I'd decided to give everyone a little teaser of Darugis's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Veev...ature=youtu.be
AWESOME!
I love creepy 8b music, it immediately reminded me of Lavender Town music.
Compliments to Jill.

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Heard the music nicely done but I know I keep bugging u with the same question over and over again but is there any chance that u r gonna put The Magician's intro theme from House of The Dead 2 into the game. I promise I will never bug with the same question ever again but please tell me DRG, I gots to know.
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Zerkrom The Hedgehog
A Stocking Fanboy

Nature: Mild
News from the Hologram Devision of the Team, Im working on some new Sprites as we speak, Hopefully DRG will add them in as Post Story Holo-Trainers
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Damned

Just so I know, you said you updated the mechanics of DR1 and DR2 to match Diamond and Pearl's mechanics. I was wondering three things.

1. Did you update in DR1 / are you going to update already existing attacks from Gen I-III to match what they are in Gen IV? For example, sandstorm increases special defense of rock type pokemon by double in IV, but did not in II-III. Similarly, Hail makes Blizzard hit with 100% accuracy in IV, but not III, and Giga Drain also got more pp and higher power in IV IIRC.

2. Did you do anything to the HMs in either game? As someone who likes to put together strategic movesets, it gets rather frustrating when I have to waste a moveslot on some craptastic move like Flash or Cut.

3. How many abilities and moves from Gen IV did you put in DR1 and how many are you planning on putting in this game?
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Hey everyone. To showcase some of the amazing new music being produced by Jillsandwich93 for Pokemon Dark Rising 2, I'd decided to give everyone a little teaser of Darugis's Theme
If you guys liked that, then hopefully the actual in-game version will be as legit. haha

(Also I just realized I need to get my post count up if I want to make music updates, but that's another story).
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
2. Did you do anything to the HMs in either game? As someone who likes to put together strategic movesets, it gets rather frustrating when I have to waste a moveslot on some craptastic move like Flash or Cut.
Use HM Slaves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
3. How many abilities and moves from Gen IV did you put in DR1 and how many are you planning on putting in this game?
New abilities cannot be implemented into new game.

Old March 10th, 2013, 01:59 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

i think dr2 will be more easier than dr1.because there will be phy/spec split system.AND I HOPE THERE WILL BE NO STUPID BUGS THAT IT WAS IN DR1!!!!!_

i hope the series dr will be end in this hack.no more dr3.

Last edited by DrFuji; March 10th, 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Damned

@Ash

I hate using Pokemon entirely as just HM slaves. Its a waste of a slot in my party and I don't want to have to keep switching the Pokemon I want to use in and out of my party constantly.

I thought new abilities from the later generations were added to both DR1 and DR2. I'm going to be sad if there is no No Guard Machamp in DR1.

@Hackster

What bugs were there in the first game and why do you not want there to be a third Dark Rising?
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

Ah, so it's finally up! One of the first things I've seen when coming back to PC and it's looking great. I recommend an improvement on the male hero's trainer sprite though. His knee that is bending is awk and a lot of shading is needed. I'm assuming that isn't the final copy anyway.
Well, good luck with this hack DRG! :D

Coming soon...
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Abydos

Awesome DR2 is up..cant wait for beta
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:16 PM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Dawned... I guess you didnt played dr1 yet.As far i played dr1, i saw 4 or 5 bug which 1 of them freeze the game.So hopefully that bug will be not present in Dr2.
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
o it is finally up hah ! How come I never know you released the thread??? At least mentioned it on Dark Rising's 1 Thread???
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:05 PM
cheeseguy12
Just A Beast

Nature: Hasty
I Belive that the screenshots are just excellent.I you thought Pokemon Dark Rising was awesome Just Wait until this! Irish you good luck DRG
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
o it is finally up hah ! How come I never know you released the thread??? At least mentioned it on Dark Rising's 1 Thread???
I do believe it was mentioned there...?
At least by me that is... :D

Old March 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
New abilities cannot be implemented into new game.
people have been porting new abilities for quite some time

i think the only hack currently available with new abilities that isn't japanese/terrible/unfinished is yet another fire red hack but i'm probably wrong since i don't follow hype train hacks

i know jambo has been doing ability porting for the 649 patch but that doesn't really change anything considering it's a rom base and it's probably not going to be released for proper use for a long time

on topic i suppose i'll just wish you the best of luck w/this hack since i've heard some.. things.. about dr

Sponsored Links

Advertise here