The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
As we know, Generation 5 changed the game with the Elite Four. Instead of the precedent set where you face them in a predetermined order, where each member became more difficult, you could choose the order you fought them in and they were all roughly leveled the same. Did you like that change and would you like to see it back for Generation 6? Would you prefer to go back to the old system? Is there some other way you'd like to see it play out?

I actually loved the change of being able to fight them in whatever order you liked. The one thing I wish they could have done (although I have no idea if it would have been possible) would have been to scale the levels of each member as you fought more of them, raising the levels, giving it the same difficulty level that the first 4 generations had. I'd love to see something like that, but if it wasn't possible, I'd be perfectly happy with Generation 5's system.

Old March 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I loved this as well! This way, you'd go up against the E4 you feel most comfortable with facing, and actually have somewhat of an advantage, instead of how it was in previous generations when you kind of just had to deal with what was given to you, y'know? :x I'd definitely like for this to be continued in Gen 6!

And yes, I'd like for the challenges to be harder as well! For the kind of person I am, while I wouldn't the E4 to be extremely difficult, I'd like for them to at least provide a challenge. If I'm correct, Gen V's E4 was like, 50-55, or somewhere around there. I'd like for there to be higher levels, perhaps level 60 or higher, just to make things interesting, and make the Champion level 70+, yeah? Though maybe that'd be pushing it...
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I did like the ability of choosing the order of the Elite Four so you can prepare beforehand. But yes, I'd prefer if as the number of E4 member's you've defeated, the levels and difficulty goes up. I dunno, I just find that beating higher level pokemon to be more rewarding than the same leveled pokemon, you know? It's just, I found Gen 5's E4 disappointingly easy in that regard, because your pokemon will level up, but theirs don't, so... yeah.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I always hated having the E4 scaled in a certain order. I think Gamefreak realized some players train to beat the Champion specifically, and by that point, the first member being five or more levels under made absolutely no sense. Thus, making the Champion a couple levels above everyone else and putting all E4 members at the level of the would-be final challenger does two things:

1) Gives the player control of how to best battle the E4 with his or her team, and
2) Makes each of the E4 battles equally difficult in challenge, forcing you to find weaknesses on each.

I like it!

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter Tier 2

Battle wise, I would love if they went and did something crazy, like have the E4 gain puzzles before you battle them, or perhaps have their battles not right before the champion of the region, but during the plot. I would see it working like recommendations, and when you finally reach the Pokemon League, the champion of the region will be waiting for you.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I like the idea of being able to hand-pick which order you would fight the Elite 4, although to be honest I wouldn't really mind if Gamefreak decided to change it back to the old system, I always have checked which Pokemon the Elite Four used beforehand anyway so it wouldn't matter to me haha.

I understand the point of making the levels of the Elite Four higher as you progressively beat them but it wouldn't make much logical sense having a member of the Elite Four have lower levels in one playthrough just because you picked it first but then have them have higher levels in someone else's playthrough just because they picked him/her last. That kind of leveling thing would be more logical in the not-picking-which-one-to-face Elite Four system.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Battle wise, I would love if they went and did something crazy, like have the E4 gain puzzles before you battle them, or perhaps have their battles not right before the champion of the region, but during the plot. I would see it working like recommendations, and when you finally reach the Pokemon League, the champion of the region will be waiting for you.
I see possibilities. Once you arrive at the Pokémon League, you are sent in search of the Elite Four, who have been located in all the towns and cities you've already visited throughout the game, but only now will reveal themselves to you. You will this time have the ability to save between battles since you're wandering around. Or, you speak to them and they go to the Pokémon League to await a standard challenge once they are all gathered (after which they disperse back to their homes as before). That way, they already know you and you them.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Old March 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
I like the idea of being able to hand-pick which order you would fight the Elite 4, although to be honest I wouldn't really mind if Gamefreak decided to change it back to the old system, I always have checked which Pokemon the Elite Four used beforehand anyway so it wouldn't matter to me haha.

I understand the point of making the levels of the Elite Four higher as you progressively beat them but it wouldn't make much logical sense having a member of the Elite Four have lower levels in one playthrough just because you picked it first but then have them have higher levels in someone else's playthrough just because they picked him/her last. That kind of leveling thing would be more logical in the not-picking-which-one-to-face Elite Four system.
The elite 4 are rich. They probably have rare candys.

Oh and I liked the thing they did in gen 5, however it was easy.

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I see possibilities. Once you arrive at the Pokémon League, you are sent in search of the Elite Four, who have been located in all the towns and cities you've already visited throughout the game, but only now will reveal themselves to you. You will this time have the ability to save between battles since you're wandering around. Or, you speak to them and they go to the Pokémon League to await a standard challenge once they are all gathered (after which they disperse back to their homes as before). That way, they already know you and you them.

Cyclone
Good idea imo. But I'd rather if it was only the latter. It just feels less official if you're battling them in someone's house somewhere. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
I really like choosing the order of the Elite Four,
but I want to go back to the old style, I didn't like it when each of them have the same level of pokemon.
Like their highest level is 50, so when we go back to the old style. It'll be all better.
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Just to tack another question on to this: How difficult would you like the Elite Four to be? Did you find them too easy in previous game? Would you like their maximum levels to be boosted?

I thought that Hoenn pretty much had it right when it came to levels (ranging from high 40s to about 60), which wasn't a drastic scaling upwards, but it definitely gave the challenge a sense of difficulty compared to what Johto or Unova did for me.

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Diversity Pumpkin
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Serious
I think these types will be used in the elite 4 (exepting the champ)

Dragon
Steel
Fire
Electric

It's probably gonna be the complete opposite but there's my guess
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I loved being able to battle them in any order I want. After I found out what types they were using, being able to battle them in any order made the experience better because I would battle them in order from hardest for my team to beat to easiest.

As for difficulty I would like the second time you battle them even harder. B&W2 had it just about right with challenge mode and that is the difficulty in which I would like to see them return after you beat them once.

Old March 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

They should make their Pokémon's levels higher too. What are they normally at, 50? If they're so elite, then they need higher levels on their Pokémon. By the way, can someone run by me the members of the Elite Four from each generation? I don't know all of them at the top of my head.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I think challenging the Elite 4 in an order the player chose was a good way to mix things up and i actually liked it a lot! i thought it was fun, since i could decide what type i wanted to battle in what order.
I just wish they would change up the Elite 4 types a bit around, just to keep things fresh :D
Like maybe not always have a Dragon type trainer, and Ghost and Dark are getting kinda old too...
at least thats my opinion

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
They should make their Pokémon's levels higher too. What are they normally at, 50? If they're so elite, then they need higher levels on their Pokémon. By the way, can someone run by me the members of the Elite Four from each generation? I don't know all of them at the top of my head.
Wordless complimentary linkage reply.

All right there.

Cyclone

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

The only thing that goes against that is that Unova was pretty low leveled overall, as compared to either Hoenn or Sinnoh. I'm just hoping they go back to high 50s for the Elite Four again. Needs more challenge to it, especially since Unova was so easy to grind in with the presence of Audino.

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
MarinoKadame

Elite 4 would need to have new types than earlier gen, just so we can see more different pokemons. The types not used yet in Elite 4 are: Flying, Thunder, Water, Normal, Steel, Rock and Grass.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
The only thing that goes against that is that Unova was pretty low leveled overall, as compared to either Hoenn or Sinnoh. I'm just hoping they go back to high 50s for the Elite Four again. Needs more challenge to it, especially since Unova was so easy to grind in with the presence of Audino.
To be fair, B2/W2 has mid-to-high 50s for the E4.

Cyclone

Old March 9th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
Elite 4 would need to have new types than earlier gen, just so we can see more different pokemons. The types not used yet in Elite 4 are: Flying, Thunder, Water, Normal, Steel, Rock and Grass.
A lot of them just seem like staples for gym types, though :(

Although Steel/Rock/Ground/Fighting wouldn't be completely un-viable, but would definitely overlap a lot.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
~ pumpka
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
A lot of them just seem like staples for gym types, though :(

Although Steel/Rock/Ground/Fighting wouldn't be completely un-viable, but would definitely overlap a lot.
Only problem I see with those typings is that they're all primarily physical attacks. I'd imagine that the Elite Four would follow it's usual trend and have a combination for physical and special-based attack types.

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I loved A LOT B/W's Elite 4, not only because we had the choice to choose the order to beat them, but also for the really awesome animations. And not only that, I also loved how I had to deal with Team Plasma just before I could challenge the Champion... :3

TL;DR: The E4 in B/W was less boring than in the previous games, I hope GF will make it even better in X/Y. :]
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Only problem I see with those typings is that they're all primarily physical attacks. I'd imagine that the Elite Four would follow it's usual trend and have a combination for physical and special-based attack types.
Or it could be based on version for the elite four. So X would be physical, and Y would be special. It'd certainly be a... change at least?

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Thus far we've seen Ice, Bug, Psychic, Fighting, Dark, Dragon, Poison, Fire, Ground, and Ghost. So hopefully they'll chose ones from the types not yet covered mentioned earlier in this thread. I'll like it if it were Grass, Rock, Flying, and Water.
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Yveltal could pass for a Flying type, actually.

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links