The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I absolutely adored the anime up until Gen IV, then for some reason I just gradually lost interest as Gen V came around. I watched half of the series (up until Brycen's gym battle) and it was very good, but it just wasn't gripping enough compared to the other sagas. It's probably because it's the same thing over and over again but this time trying to be very different with the new characters etc, it just didn't feel worth watching any more. I'll probably get into it again soon enough though, my addiction with anime is quite sporadic haha.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
No I haven't stopped watching ever since I started watching it six years ago and I honestly don't plan on stopping because it somewhat keeps me entertained. But there were times I had planned on it when Sinnoh started to get annoying but even than I didn't' stop. I only stop when there is a break between seasons which these days are rare.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
I tend to go back and forth on Pokémon and a lot of things so yeah I have stopped watching the anime from time to time.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
ShinyBidoof
Unhatched Egg

I kinda stopped watching after the GS era ended :/ I guess thats about when I didnt have time to watch after school every day anymore.
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
LiquidRage

Yep, I stopped watching around midway through Gen 4 story. I just felt like there was soooo much side stuff and smaller plotlines. I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT!

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night." ~Edgar Allan Poe
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
I used to watch it everyday up until around the end of Johto. Seems I find myself watching it less and less as time progresses. I've been trying to get back into watching it regularly though.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I'm still watching it, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the directions they take Ash, and may stop if this keeps up.
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
I watched Pokemon for the first time on 7/11/2004.

In that time up to now I had never watched all the anime since I was in school and never had the time to watch all of it. In spring of 2009 I enrolled in a Chemical Science Program at my local university and in 2011 was awarded with a Diploma in Chemical Science (L5). In those two years of study I never watched Pokemon once and forgot about it - which was the best thing at the time for me.

Now I am on a break from school (the first one in like 7 years) I have watched Season 1 2 and 3 and going to start on 4 tonight.

I got the episodes from .......... and I'm guessing a lot of users here know what I am talking about

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
PKMN Trainer S
Unhatched Egg

I still watch it, you know what was wierd. On Jetix, there once was a rerun from the 1st gen anime. Which is wierd cause it's really old.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I watched most of Indigo League through Advanced as it aired on Kids WB and then sorta dropped off... watched maybe two episodes and a movie from the entirety of Sinnoh online [the maid café episode and the Zorua movie and something else]... started watching Best Wishes, stopped at around episode 50... NOW I'M BACK and keeping up with my favourite team. :D

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:06 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I stopped watching the anime around the time of nimbasa. Up until then I had basically marathoned it from the beginning, watching every episode except the special ones, and one about some train in Sinnoh. I just got kind of tired of it I think, as watching all of it in a short timespan makes the anime feel verrrrry repeptitive etc. Also how it took like 200 episodes between gyms in Sinnoh or something. >_> And I think that just made me get tired of it, so I gave up. (Also at that point I had caught up so I had to wait a week between episodes which I wasn't a fan of haha :P)
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:59 AM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Nature: Quiet
It's one of the fews things on TV that is still going well...so I always watch just started watching it from the beginning recently Ash this is how you used to be lol

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I watched i think until half of the Sapphire/Ruby Arc, then i kinda grew out of it.
But i've restarted to watch it from the very beginning (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
lazy~
World's Laziest Trainer...

I started to get bored during the battle frontier and stopped watching it until the end of sinnoh. Seeing some of Ash's old Pokemon during the sinnoh league got me back into the series.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I loved the anime until around halfway through Gen IV, where my interest dropped quite a bit, I was finding the channel here which aired them, were repeatedly playing episodes instead of releasing the new ones and after a while I got tired of it. Other than that I used to adore watching the anime at any possible chance, although I still watch Best Wishes sometimes and catch up on what has happened so far. :x

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM
TrainerJacob

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to TrainerJacob
I originally watched it until Diamond and Pearl, then stopped watching it.
However, I've started to watch it again via the Pokemon TV app on my iPad, though I've mainly been watching episodes from Kanto and Johto and not even one episode of Black and White. (To me, it wouldn't be the same with Ash being the only original character that remains)
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Stevemagegod

I stopped watching the anime after the current writers made Ash 10, and his Level 100 Pikachu lose to a ****ing lvl 5 Snivy. For long time fans this was a slap in the face.
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

I was only interested in the anime when I was a little kid, watched it from Johto-Hoenn.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
I just wanted to add, it will be a wile before I "stop" watching Pokemon.

And I so wanna fly this beautiful Boeing 747-400

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

I stopped after the Orange League, I just got pissed as Ash's horrible battle skills.
I'll probably marathon it, just to say I've seen it all.
The same way I did with Naruto, Shippuden and One Piece

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I still watch it and must say the current Unova season is the coolest of all due to many things. Cool story going, graphics improvement, animation is also super cool. I watched few episodes of previous season of Sinnoh and it was way bad. I also have all the English episodes of Unova Season
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
spoony285
Unhatched Egg

For me pokemon the anime died near the end of diamond and pearl. Tries watching a few episodes of black and white but ash being a complete moron again annoys me far too much. Most of the new characters suck(in my opinion).
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:48 PM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
Nope. I'm still watching and I know that's not something big cause I'm still 11 years old.Although the first episodes were much funnier.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Watched loads of the Kanto episodes. Almost all the diamond/pearl episodes (my fave season), but never BW series, it didn't seem that good to me. I did watch the Victini and Reshiram movie though.

Pairs - -
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM
R.F.
totally human

Nature: Calm
I stopped watching a long time ago. Watching the Kanto and Orange Isles episodes my interest in the series dropped starting with Jotho. I've seen some of the Jotho and even Hoenn episodes (the Lugia and Kyogre/Groudon arcs were kinda nice) but since then it's dead for me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links