Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old March 9th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
Cassino
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
I'd like yours.

This means things like FXAA and MSAA, their merits and disadvantages when compared to each other or traditional SSAA.
Old March 9th, 2013 (05:00 PM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
They suck, IMO. They exist only because new games are using deferred lighting and can't use MSAA.

If you have a killer card, SSAA is the only way to go IMO.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old March 10th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Note that SSAA is computationally expensive compared to other solutions to provide you superior image quality. And killer cards sure are expensive, power-sucking, and HOT on a laptop.

I don't really think highly of FXAA. Sure, it's fast, but it's at the expense of image detail. I'd rather use MSAA, but I can only use MSAA sparingly on my laptop, because it's not exactly the best thing around. (It's a GeForce GT 630M, which means I usually play at no AA or 2x, if I'm stretching my frame rate. (I try to keep at least medium settings and 30 FPS.))

MSAA is the best possible compromise to me between nothing and SSAA, to be honest. It won't do much to texture edges, though, so I tend to just skip AA of any kind.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links