The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Easiest Kanto Gym Leader
Brock 25 39.06%
Misty 1 1.56%
Lt Surge 3 4.69%
Erika 19 29.69%
Sabrina 1 1.56%
Koga 0 0%
Blaine 8 12.50%
Giovanni 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12th, 2013, 01:54 AM
*Shiny*Monster0198
~ Just chillin'

Nature: Mild
Brock, cause it's pretty obvious that Squirtle is the best starter, so 4x damage is pretty darn easy.

Old February 12th, 2013, 04:59 AM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Lt. Surge is definitely the easiest IMO, just catch a Diglett and Surge can't hurt you at all. Even the weakest Digglet (I think the lowest level they can appear at is 15) can easily wipe out his team.

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Giovanni. I swept his team by just using surf over and over and over again.
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Brizz
TM87

Nature: Modest
I'd have to say Brock was the easiest Gym Leader. With Charmander being able to learn Metal Claw it makes it pretty easy to defeat Brock no matter what starter you picked.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:15 AM
jaydezzal
Sarcastic Guy

I'm gonna have to vote for Erika. In almost every run of FireRed/LeafGreen I like to use a Dodrio, and since you can catch Doduo just west of Celadon, I always have one for her. I always follow my capture of Doduo by beating the gym or the hideout(training Doduo along the way) and even with a freshly caught level 22 - 23 Doduo, I have never had even the slightest trouble beating the whole gym(only leaving to heal once or twice, friggin poison). Type advantage aside, I usually get Doduo to about level 26 or 27 and still beat Erika no problem, so I can only imagine that she'd be far too easy to beat with, say, a Charizard or Pidgeot or whatever, that you've had since the beginning of the game.

Kind of unrelated, but I like this story: One time I beat everything(i.e Silph Co., Koga, and Sabrina) but I forgot to beat Erika, which I usually do as soon as I get to Celadon, so I went and fought the gym... my whole team was in the mid-late 40s, not to mention I had a Fearow and a Charizard... Easiest thing ever.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
Blastoise annihilated Blaine, so he was pretty easy to beat.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
vovillia
CEO & Owner of VoVillia Corp.

Nature: Relaxed
I think it varies based on starter Pokemon you picked, but since I almost always picked Charmander (Picked Squirtle once), Erika is the easiest
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
LiquidRage
Unhatched Egg

My vote's gotta go to Erika. You can catch a fire type just outside of her town and it's not all that easy to train. Also, considering 3 of her 4 grass types are also poison types, they just have too many weaknesses to be even remotely a threat

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night." ~Edgar Allan Poe
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:09 AM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
My vote's for Erika too. Grass types just have too many common weaknesses and her teams levels aren't too impressive either.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Correspondence

Erika was the easiest for me too given you could find a ton of pokemon that have an advantage to Grass at that point of the game.
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Gotta go with Erika, any Charizard or Flying pokemon could beat her team in no time

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
LeftNut

I'd have to say Giovanni. On my last playthrough I walked up to him with a team from the high 20's to low 30's and won way to easy.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?

Nature: Serious
Erika was my easiest because I like Fire pokemon...

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Sonkitts

Wow I actually find Erika to be quite tough, especially in the originals.

For me the easiest has always been Brock, naturally but excluding him I'd say Koga. For some reason I never, ever had any difficulty with his techniques.

Sponsored Links