The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
thatsentryisaspy
Unhatched Egg

Not that I am against multi-player, but I really don't want to see Pokemon turn into a damn co-op game... Pokemon to me has always been a singe player game and that's what it should stay as.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It would be amazing to see your friends being able to walk around in the new region that would be in Pokémon X and Y. Just imagine them walking around when they're online if you've connected yourself to Nintendo Network, players from anywhere in the world that are on your friend list would be walking around in the game at the same time as you, and you'd be able to see them walk into the same Route or Town as you and even you could send short messages that would appear similar to that of what is seen in Castelia City streets with the non-playable characters. And pressing A in front of your friend would bring up a menu and you could select either Battle, Trade, Tag or Minigame (if they will be in the game).

Just imagine something like that, now that surely would be a huge step towards connecting to people from all over the world.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Whistler
Questioner

Nature: Gentle
I'd love this. Hope the people who make the Pokemon games catch on to what the fans would enjoy.
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
It would be amazing to see your friends being able to walk around in the new region that would be in Pokémon X and Y. Just imagine them walking around when they're online if you've connected yourself to Nintendo Network, players from anywhere in the world that are on your friend list would be walking around in the game at the same time as you, and you'd be able to see them walk into the same Route or Town as you and even you could send short messages that would appear similar to that of what is seen in Castelia City streets with the non-playable characters. And pressing A in front of your friend would bring up a menu and you could select either Battle, Trade, Tag or Minigame (if they will be in the game).

Just imagine something like that, now that surely would be a huge step towards connecting to people from all over the world.
As much as I doubt that would happen, yet, I would fall in love with the games and that would make them take the title of being my most played games to date.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM
jimmefoxx
Beatlemaniac Jimme

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to jimmefoxx
we all hate it some of us do it and some of us have bad connections. i dont. idont even battle online i get so freakin mad battling online i lose fine ill bite it i win oh that guy drops! lets not forget the ever popular team everyone has terakion sneasal and braviary or some bird and dragons and whatnot but what im getting at is they need to institute some basic guidelines dont you guys think? what do you guys hope they do for dropouts? also you guys agree on them separating the online into perhaps different cups say petite cup? are you guys gonna battle online in the new game?
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I would love a feature where you could randomly enter rooms over wifi that can hold 10 people each....and then you can talk, befriend, battle, trade pokemon, trade items, mix eggs, mix records and play mini games together with the people who get placed in the room.

Or better yet, be able to set up communities (or "guilds" to use a mmo term) with other players so you can have a room (with the features mentioned above) for your community that every member can just drop in and out of whenever they want. It would be nice to have a space to meet over wifi that was actually a personal space that your members could decorate. So I suppose it would be like the secret bases in the 3rd gen mixed with the wifi rooms in newer games.

Instead of talking to a clerk at a pokecentre it could be a building that when you knock on the door it connects you to wifi and inside you have your personal community secret base where you can all interact.

Being able to set up Community secret base/wifi rooms would be really cool. I could see it happening too, communities seem to be the buzzword for Nintendo recently.
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsentryisaspy View Post
Not that I am against multi-player, but I really don't want to see Pokemon turn into a damn co-op game... Pokemon to me has always been a singe player game and that's what it should stay as.
Always been single player.. Except you literally can't complete any Pokemon game without trading with others.

I think it's safe to say any co-op elements would be an option. Pokemon main series games will never be an mmorpg or anything like that.
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:50 PM
demonta4
President of Demonta Games

Nature: Brave
What new online features would you like to see in Pokemon X and Y.

Last edited by demonta4; March 10th, 2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The Connectivity Features Speculation thread should cover this nicely, so off you go.

I think if there's any new online features I'd like to see, it would be the ability to have more Wi-Fi capability with side features a la Contests, Secret Bases, etc. Then again, are contests and secret bases going to be in the game? We don't know yet. My point still stands though in terms of other smaller features that already have wireless connection, but could work better with more online or Wi-Fi connections.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:05 AM
demonta4
President of Demonta Games

Nature: Brave
I think it would be cool if i could go into my friends game and help battle gym leaders or give them items.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links