The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Alex
TheRose, Pt
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Definitely Woobat. It sucks like Zubat, but unlike Zubat it doesn't have epic evolutions like Golbat and... Crobat.

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

For me, I was pretty disappointed about Liepard. I loved its appearance, and even moveset, but the stats weren't that great.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
PlatinumDawnFtw
Vocaloid fan~

Nature: Relaxed
Snivy's line: Snivy and it's evolutions we're initially my favorites design wise, but they can't do damage to save their lives.

Pidove's line: Gets a lot of cool special moves like Air Slash but of course it's another physically based bird, with no moves to back it up.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

Anything that wasn't a starter.
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Addy

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Addy
I was pretty disappointed with Snivy for one. While I chose to start with Snivy in both black and white 2, it took a long time for it to learn any good moves.

Zebstika and Liepard I was disappointed with. I have no idea why I never replaced them on my black team. Zebstrika's and Blitzles are kinda dumb when you fight them. They tend to use a fire move when they should be using an electric move lol

Friend Safari Type: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump and Golurk
Friend Code: 4253-3789-0112

Vivillons I have: Polar, Modern, Elegant, Continental, High Plains, Garden, Meadow
pm me if you have a Vivillon I don't.
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
Mine Was Paniard and Bisharp Gahh damn are they defenses so low even as a steel type which sucked cause i liked bisharp but it kept losing with one blow
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
PURLLOIN AND LIEPARD. Both don't have good moves.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Arlo

In the order I encountered them -

Purrloin - I only mention it because Liepard is so blatantly fragile. It didn't really "disappoint" me, since it's on the second route and I expected it to not be a late game pokemon. That said though, it almost works, since it's got a great movepool, and I suspect that if I really invested some time into it, I could build a nice one. Maybe.

Blitzle - I really had hopes for Blitzle and Zebstrika, in spite of the fact that it's such an early, and common, encounter. But it just never quite manages to pull its weight, though admittedly a good part of that isn't its fault - it would be a lot more useful if there was a better physical Electric move available. Spark just isn't powerful enough to serve through the game and Wild Charge's recoil is a bit too much for a pokemon as fragile as Zebstrika. There are better special Electric moves, but Zebstrika's only so-so on the special side. So it's left with lots of potential, but nothing really to do with it.

Woobat - it was obvious from the first moment I saw one that it was supposed to be this generation's Zubat, so I expected at least an evolution comparable to Golbat, and had a vague hope of ending up with something as good as Crobat. Instead, I got Swoobat.

That's honestly all I can think of. One of the things that impressed me the most about this gen was all of the pokemon that turned out to be better than I expected - Stoutland, Musharna, Excadrill, Lilligant, Leavanny, Conkeldurr, Sigilyph, Scrafty, Reuniclus, Gothitelle, Sawsbuck, Beartic, Mandibuzz, Braviary, etc., etc...
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:12 AM
kiuhaku
Unhatched Egg

not gonna lie...purrloin at first i thought it was so cute and loved the design and caught it...but then i viewed the stats and i was like... =_=

oh yeah...and blitzle another pokemon that fooled me with its appearance...lesson learned NEVER judge a book by its cover its so dissapointing the ones that look cool to me were the ones that made me cry T_T

Last edited by kiuhaku; February 9th, 2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
I don't get why Swoobat is getting so much guff since it's pretty much my ace right now (though I am running Monoflying).
If anything, Blitzle couldn't pull its weight, Pidove's line wasn't worth raising to Unfezant, and after it took me forever to find Purrloin for my first run, it did nothing for me.

But really I feel like after the second gym everything you caught was usable in one way or another!

Last edited by Mr. Whiscash; February 9th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Pokemaster234
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
I think all where Great.HATERS GONNA HATE lol
But I kinda dislike Purlorin because of his stats.

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...pic/8784761/1/
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Roaming Murkrow
I wish i could put my money on a USB

Send a message via Skype™ to Roaming Murkrow
i say Klink,it evolves to final stage at level 50 and is totally worthless. Audino is worthless aswel,it was programed in just to give you a lot of EXP,and to annoy you with random shaking grass spawning right in front of you even when you got a repel on
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM
YamaskUnchained
Unhatched Egg

Snivy line - Picked him for the current second playthrough I'm doing before I play B2, just useless. Once I got to a place where I had 3 other pokemon who were level 20ish he took a backseat to my power duo.

Audino - Rustling grass, excitement of it possibly being a really mysterious pokemon with a cool power......Nope! Just Audino. Caught it, had one battle, put it in the box. Now I use them to get rid of frustration and gain XP.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Profpoodle
Unhatched Egg

Musharna-Too slow, couldn't take a hit either
Simisear-Weak and couldn't take a hit
Archeops-Bad ability
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
My pick is Snivy and his evolutions. I picked him as starter on my Black2, got so disappointed i never even used him past lv. 20 or something...expected a lot more out of him

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
Archeops was a big disappointment because of its ability. I cant really say Purrloin/Liepard because I never really had good expectations for it, so it was never really a "disappointment"

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
LeftNut

I didn't like the Tepig line. The Fire/Fighting thing gets old after a while, and it's moves weren't really any fun either. Combine this with it's slowness, and you have a pokemon that's not really any fun. I chose it as my starter in black 2, and wound up trading to my cousin a few days later for his Leftovers. Even when I did have it on my team, it wound up stuck behind my Muk and Arcanine the whole time.

I also didn't really like Genesect. The thing looks awesome, sure, but like the Tepid line it lacked fun to use attacks. For example, having it's signature move be normal type until you find drives to change it was a pain, and being forced to waste your held item slot for it made it even worse. The thing wound up boxed before the bug gym.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
All of the starters were a huge let down to me. More specifically, the Snivy line. There's was so much hype around them and they never lived up to it.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Heatmor - Should have been Fire/Steel Type like Heatran. Compared to Darmanitan and Chandulure, there is nothing that makes Heatmor stand out from the crowd. Steel Typing would have done that. Better resistances would make him a bit bulkier than the other Fire Types how can be OHKO by many things.

Parts of Heatmor's body IS METAL. He has a EXHAUST PIPE, CORROBORATORS, and a BLOW TORCH. He is an AUTOMOBILE. How is that NOT a STEEL TYPE pokemon?
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
For me, probably Cryogonal. It has a great Special Defense and decent Special Attack, plus it has Levitate, but its movepool is terribly shallow, with a meager variety of special attacks to take advantage of its Special Attack stat, and its Defense stat is so poor it makes Alakazam look bulky.

I mean, it's a killer snowflake! Wouldn't it have been obvious to give Cryogonal moves like Water Pulse or Ominous Wind to take advantage of its Special Attack? Wouldn't Power Whip have been a good move against Rock-types considering it has icy tentacles coming out of its mouth? What about a good annoying move like Wrap? And why does it know Attract if it can't do anything with it?

I hope Gen VI finds some way to improve Cryogonal, be it with some good moves or an evolution, maybe even a new useful ability, because I think there really is some untapped potential to this Pokemon.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:08 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
The Snivy Line, when I first saw them, I was so excited. They looked so cool and so strong. But it turned out that they where TERRIBLE>
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevil View Post
The Snivy Line, when I first saw them, I was so excited. They looked so cool and so strong. But it turned out that they where TERRIBLE>
Yeahh I agree :( Serperior is only really fit for competitive and lower competitive, at that. ;( It's good at screens and Calm Mind but without Contrary it's just not really that great to use in-game.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
d00bt00b
Genxo

I was very disappointed by all starter lines except the Tepig line (although I was very annoyed that Game Freak used the Fire-Fighting combination for the third generation in a row.) I was also disappointed by Musharna, who I expected to be much better.
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00bt00b View Post
I was very disappointed by all starter lines except the Tepig line (although I was very annoyed that Game Freak used the Fire-Fighting combination for the third generation in a row.) I was also disappointed by Musharna, who I expected to be much better.
Musharna however is great defensively, something that not all of gen 5 can claim to. Where it fails in speed, well, would you really expect a slow sleepy creature to be fast? ;_;
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
d00bt00b
Genxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Musharna however is great defensively, something that not all of gen 5 can claim to. Where it fails in speed, well, would you really expect a slow sleepy creature to be fast? ;_;
Well, no I really didn't expect it to be fast, but does Slaking count as sleepy because it's pretty fast. I meant to say that it wasn't as good as many Pokemon that have the same role in competitive such as Cresselia or Celebi.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links