The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3451    
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Isseubnida's Avatar
Isseubnida
I live for the applause
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
May I join? I currently identify as bisexual, but I am not totally sure of my orientation yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3452    
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:08 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltianqueen View Post
We say stuff like that to each other frequently (come to my bed!, let's get married!, etc), just messing around but we've only known each other for a really short time. Still, she didn't seem to object to the idea of being with me, except for the fact we both have other people XD

My current situation... Well, it's a long story, but the short version is that we are not officially together, because he feels a bit confused about stuff and what I think he's getting at is he wants to explore a bit more about himself and sort out his feelings. Still in love, but I think from now on we're just gonna kinda go with whatever happens. We could end up together in the end, but...who knows! It's kind of hard... I'm a together-forever kind of person, so I don't really like this at all.
I'm always joking around with my friends, too (in a way that if no one knew us, it'd be considered weird, haha), so I know what you mean. Ahh, well maybe she has hidden feelings for you (which aren't so hidden anymore)! x) You can only hope since you like her, no?

Hmm, I guess it would be better if you let him explore himself and what he feels because if there's no love in the relationship, then there's no relationship at all. Maybe you could also have a period of time (like a few weeks) where you two don't see each other or something or have limited communication to let him decide who he is and what he wants to do. I think I'm also a "together-forever" kind of person. I don't see myself jumping from relationship to relationship. I like being in a stable one. I was just brought up that way.

Good luck and all the best to you. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isseubnida View Post
May I join? I currently identify as bisexual, but I am not totally sure of my orientation yet.
Hi, welcome! :] That's cool that you're not entirely sure. We're here to help or give you any advice if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask. x)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3453    
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isseubnida View Post
May I join? I currently identify as bisexual, but I am not totally sure of my orientation yet.
Ugh, I know how you feel...
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #3454    
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Cyru's Avatar
Cyru
-
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Ummm.. Can I join too? I'm 16 but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gay and too much of a Pussy to tell anyone but you guys haha... :D
__________________
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -Martin Luther King, Jr
Reply With Quote
  #3455    
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Welcome!

We're pretty much on the same page, Cyru, although I don't consider myself to be "weak" per say because I haven't come out yet. I just don't think I'm prepared to deal with all the unfavorable repercussions that come with revealing one's sexuality. You know, all the questions and criticisms. It's tough, man, but we'll all get there one day if we decide to take that route. Needless to say, many have been there and done that already, so it's not like we can't, either. It's just a matter of time.

Anyways, I'm just blabbering, haha. Welcome again. :]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3456    
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Hi to all the newbies (Shh, I'm not one of them anymore) and the oldies too

Quote:
Ummm.. Can I join too? I'm 16 but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gay and too much of a Pussy to tell anyone but you guys haha...
Like Gyardo said. A lot of people still haven't come out (yet) and a lot of them already have. I haven't told anyone either (yet) except for these people, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually, it's different for everyone.

Quote:
Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
Well, I like to think every game I play has at least one gay character as I'm the one playing.

Quote:
Abu'l Nuquod, one of the assassination targets in the historically-based game released in 2007, Assassin's Creed, is strongly implied to be gay. He believes the people hate him because he is "different", is shown caressing the cheek of one of his male guards during his angry tirade, and claims that he cannot serve the cause of a god who calls him an abomination.
What! I played this game for over 20 hours and watched all the cutscenes (and analyzed the entire game, I like history so sue me) and I never noticed this! ... Well, ... you learn something new every day.

Quote:
(Though I have to ask - what interests could you have that would be so embarrassing? Gaming = awesome, Pokémon = awesome, pizza = awesome, Voldemort = if not stereotypically awesome, really ***ing hot, especially as played by Joe Walker. I can't see why anyone would react with much other than 'OMG YOU LIKE PS3/POTTER/PIZZA/POKÉMON/THE LETTER P, APPARENTLY? ME TOO! SQUEEEEE!', and that could be the start of something beautiful. )
They're not necesserily embarrasing. I just think people won't like them or look at me differently. Certainly if I go like "I'm a gamer" and they're like 'seriously, we've known you for about half your life and you didn't bother to tell us?". Some people really don't need/shouldn't have to know, but other people (like my friends) kinda matter and I feel that if I told them stuff (that I'm not embarrased about anymore, like gaming and Harry Potter) now, then it's like too little, too late.
And I'm naturally quite reserved and don't really have many friends, so I'm not quick with sharing things about myself (though I seem to be doing that here quite a lot).
I'm glad you think I'm awesome though, and thanks for the donut even though it gave me a massive stomach ache (I'll never try to eat my laptop again)

Quote:
We say stuff like that to each other frequently (come to my bed!, let's get married!, etc), just messing around but we've only known each other for a really short time. Still, she didn't seem to object to the idea of being with me, except for the fact we both have other people XD
Quote:
I'm always joking around with my friends, too (in a way that if no one knew us, it'd be considered weird, haha), so I know what you mean. Ahh, well maybe she has hidden feelings for you (which aren't so hidden anymore)! x) You can only hope since you like her, no?
It's nice to know you can all talk about it so openly. Though I guess it gets kinda hard/awkward when you're serious and they keep thinking you're joking or 'not getting it'. It made me think about the time we had to write a conversation between two people in French class. They had to talk to each other about their crush (obviously fictional) and I kept saying 'she'. I actually didn't mean to and I just didn't notice I was doing so 'till my friend (who I was supposed to be writing with) asked me if I was gay (she was joking) and I just laughed and said "no, ... no, why would you think that." Lol, I missed the perfect coming out moment.
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Arbok - Heart Gold
MC - Red - Ruby
MT - Normal - X
Persona - Blaze Black

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Reply With Quote
  #3457    
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
Skyrim shoots to mind. I mean, what is more heartwarming than entering a gay relationship between a khajiit and an argonian? Or an Elf and a Nord. Also in the Daggerfall version of the in-game book the real Barenziah there is the pretty NSFW encounter between a khajiit (that's a cat dude) and a dark elf queen that was so pornographic that they had to censor it in the next Elder Scrolls installment. It was...descriptive.

Last edited by EGKangaroo; February 24th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3458    
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Midnight-Kitteh's Avatar
Midnight-Kitteh
Feline and Ghost Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ireland
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Midnight-Kitteh Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight-Kitteh
I would love to join this group, can I?
__________________
Friend Codes
Black 2:3611 9839 2264
White:4986 3837 0702

Pokemon Y: 4468-1077-7858
Reply With Quote
  #3459    
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hanging from the edge of a cliff
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Some people really don't need/shouldn't have to know, but other people (like my friends) kinda matter and I feel that if I told them stuff (that I'm not embarrased about anymore, like gaming and Harry Potter) now, then it's like too little, too late.
I do understand what you're saying, yeah. Still. You're seventeen! You've got years and years more socialising to do. You've got loads more friends to make in addition to your current crowd - awesome new people, brilliant people, who you just haven't met yet. And a lot of them'll be friends who'll like most or all of the stuff you like, who won't look at you differently at all, except to grin and wink and go, 'omg, you like Assassin's Creed too? S'awesome!'

Also, yeah, laptop eating is probably something you'd only try the once. (Though I hear it's a team sport in Scandinavia. Aaand on that note...)

Quote:
I would love to join this group, can I?
in b4 andy
We welcome everyone, so we do! Welcome aboard the H.M.S. L.G.B.T.S., sir! :D
__________________

Ramona Flowers
Reply With Quote
  #3460    
Old February 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Buzz View Post
Like Gyardo said. A lot of people still haven't come out (yet) and a lot of them already have. I haven't told anyone either (yet) except for these people, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually, it's different for everyone.
Yeah, there's really no need to rush things. There are just some things in life that we need to just allow to occur naturally on their own. Coming out is tough enough, and it's even more difficult to do when you force it out of yourself.

Quote:
It's nice to know you can all talk about it so openly. Though I guess it gets kinda hard/awkward when you're serious and they keep thinking you're joking or 'not getting it'. It made me think about the time we had to write a conversation between two people in French class. They had to talk to each other about their crush (obviously fictional) and I kept saying 'she'. I actually didn't mean to and I just didn't notice I was doing so 'till my friend (who I was supposed to be writing with) asked me if I was gay (she was joking) and I just laughed and said "no, ... no, why would you think that." Lol, I missed the perfect coming out moment.
Well, most of the people I joke around with like that are straight for the most part, so I don't think they'd take it any other way anyways. Regardless, most of the time when I joke around like that I don't really mean it. It's funny because most homosexual guys I've spoken to are very hesitant to "joke" around like that with other gay guys because I guess they'd think the other person would take it the wrong way or with the wrong connotation, but most straight guys are willing to openly joke about those things with each other. I guess because they know neither is being serious. I've gotten away with it because I haven't come out, so yeah. :p

Oh my, haha. I definitely wouldn't be able to come out in class or school. It'd have to be in a private place where it's only me and the other person/people. I would have certainly said no, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kitteh View Post
I would love to join this group, can I?
Sure! Welcome to the HMS LGBT as my compadre said down there. Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
We welcome everyone, so we do! Welcome aboard the H.M.S. L.G.B.T.S., sir! :D
HMS LGBT, you say!?!?



Our new welcoming photo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3461    
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hanging from the edge of a cliff
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Most straight guys are willing to openly joke about those things with each other.
Which is great in itself, right? :D It's nowhere near the taboo subject it used to be. (Also, speaking as someone with lots of female friends... they're exactly the same, if not more, lol.) The crucial thing is that people aren't laughing at the idea - just the people involved, if that makes sense. It's exactly the same as a mismatched guy and a girl kidding around and fake-flirting, and that makes me feel all warm inside. YAY FOR INCLUSIVITY
__________________

Ramona Flowers
Reply With Quote
  #3462    
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM
SchwarzRozen's Avatar
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Ok, I'm back, and while I don't think a majority of people here remember me, I'm still going to say "I'm back" to ya'll.

Last time I was in the thread I was talking about stuff with me and gender and what not. I've decided to say "Whatever I am, I am". I guess the closest identity to that is Genderqueer, but I really don't care if I am or not. Kind of the same way I don't care if I'm 'Pansexual' or 'Bisexual'. I'm just 'Whatever-I-Like-Sexual' and 'Whatever I am Gender'. (Honestly I wish more people where like 'whatever' about these things')

Its another chapter in growing up and identifying myself that I can close.
__________________
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Reply With Quote
  #3463    
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
I like your approach. I'm glad you've found a happy place for yourself.

And hey, in other news, Obama already put his full weight up against DOMA (the federal law that prohibits the federal gov't from recognizing same-sex marriages even if they occur in states that do) and now he's doning the same against Prop 8. The Supreme Court is going to hear cases against these laws soon and with Obama's support it seems (say the people who know how these things work) that it's more likely the court will strike down all anti-marriage laws if they strike down DOMA/Prop 8. Or at least their argument will be strongly worded and could be used to bring down all the marriage bans one-by-one.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #3464    
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
Ok, I'm back, and while I don't think a majority of people here remember me, I'm still going to say "I'm back" to ya'll.

Last time I was in the thread I was talking about stuff with me and gender and what not. I've decided to say "Whatever I am, I am". I guess the closest identity to that is Genderqueer, but I really don't care if I am or not. Kind of the same way I don't care if I'm 'Pansexual' or 'Bisexual'. I'm just 'Whatever-I-Like-Sexual' and 'Whatever I am Gender'. (Honestly I wish more people where like 'whatever' about these things')

Its another chapter in growing up and identifying myself that I can close.
Welcome back!

It's really difficult to label oneself, although we shouldn't even be "classifying" ourselves at all (society is wacky). We're beings made up of so many small, intricate parts that it really is impossible to categorize ourselves under one umbrella. Fundamentally, it all comes down to how much you appreciate yourself for what you think you are. If you're happy with not labeling yourself under any sexuality, then that's completely fine. Don't dwell on trying to trademark yourself with one of society's clichéd groups. xD

Just remember....





Hope you stay active here on your second go-around! Welcome back, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I like your approach. I'm glad you've found a happy place for yourself.

And hey, in other news, Obama already put his full weight up against DOMA (the federal law that prohibits the federal gov't from recognizing same-sex marriages even if they occur in states that do) and now he's doning the same against Prop 8. The Supreme Court is going to hear cases against these laws soon and with Obama's support it seems (say the people who know how these things work) that it's more likely the court will strike down all anti-marriage laws if they strike down DOMA/Prop 8. Or at least their argument will be strongly worded and could be used to bring down all the marriage bans one-by-one.
I keep hearing about this on the news, and I'm glad Obama is publicly endorsing the repeal of these California laws (California Proposition 8). I'm sure that with his support, we'll see an end to these restrictions that really had no reason to even be set into place in the first place. I'm glad he's sticking true to his words, and I hope (and I don't believe he'll let any American down) that this isn't the last time we hear from him when it comes to the topic of gay marriage and equality for all in the United States.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3465    
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Thank God for same-sex support. Obama's more awesome now.
__________________
Got an old laptop for hacking! With my IPod for Internet, my sister's laptop for transferring, and now this functional laptop for hacking, I'm back in the game!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Reply With Quote
  #3466    
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Right, I think I need to get something off of my chest, and since it has a vague relation to minority sexualities, I figured the Rainbow Connection was the best place to bring this up, where I'll be secure enough to know I am talking to people who procline towards more tolerance on the subject than a mainstream audience. It's difficult for me to say whether the subject I am going to bring up would still be too taboo for any place, but I figure that it is playing an important role in my development of a more keen self-identity. It's a story I've only really shared with one or two friends thusfar, but I think I've built the confidence and the right way to put this to words to tell you this.

So, I will begin with a little backstory. On a different forum, there was a discussion surrounding furries -- and from that, you can tell that this confession will be going in all the wrong directions, but let's not digress -- the question in the thread was to ask why furries had, and have, such a negative image. Of course, one of the answers welled up that there were some minorities like the otherkin insisting that they are not humans or things like that, people whom he found to be just screaming to be slapped around. Of course, being not one to take conversations seriously, I just asked whether my habits of meta-roleplaying a kangaroo wherever would count, written in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner, but I actually got sort of an answer from another person. It is commonplace to adapt an alternate persona, and adapting a fursona in internet interactions wouldn't be any worse, though if I really were to believe I'm a 'roo I would need psychiatric help.

Now, about a day or a week later, the sense of how much time passed I have lost my grip on, but I remember that I received a private message from the person who made the final comment, apologising to me for telling me to seek psychiatric help. He found that he was acting hypocritically to claim that I was insane to think I didn't feel comfortable being the species I was born as while he so vehemently stood up for transgenders, people who don't feel comfortable being the sex they're born as, and whose genders don't correspond to their sexes. Naturally, I brushed it off, and told the person that I wasn't really being serious, and that he should've just taken it with a grain of salt, and at the time, I really didn't think I was being very serious.

Now that was over a year ago, and I've sorta moved on with my life since then, not really giving it much attention, but somewhere in the back of my head it just gnawed on me.

I realised that I was deceiving myself by just joking about it, not considering it a serious possibility, but I've come to realise, almost a year after the fact, that maybe he was just right. I think I do have developed a strange discomfort with what species I am, as silly as it may sound. Now, sure, a lot of people say this is just wishful thinking, and perhaps it is, but I've come so close to realising my identity just by coming to accept my dysphoria as a part of who I am. Coming to terms with this big part of mine that I tried to deny for so long -- because it seemed too much of a taboo, too weird, too silly, that even the furries think these kind of people were odd -- helped me to create a more authentic sense of the self than I have ever had.

Now what does this mean? Well, I am sure a lot of people would say I am just being a whiney stereotypical teenage fur who's just begging for attention, but I've seen otherkin communities, and they tend to just religionise their identity, claiming that it is in their spirit, or that they were an animal in their previous lives and have reincarnated as a human but they'd rather just yadda yadda. I don't think I belong in that group. Rather, I feel that I have species dysphoria. Yeah, I was stunned that it had a word too, but it's apparently a phenomenon that has only recently gotten serious consideration. The connection is sometimes made with gender dysphoria, but alas, there have been some who consider this type of dysphoria to be 'offensive against the far realer struggles of transgenders', which makes it an immense task for me to speak honestly about this, when there's the visceral fear that someone, somewhere, might find this offensive or not take these words seriously.

This also isn't something that people very loosely consider like "Oh, how cool would it be to be a frog/bird/'roo/pokémon/pangolin." Rather, it's something more...chronic. The feelings are surreal to describe. The occasional supernumerary phantom limbs come to me when I concentrate, and they feel so vivid. In my dreams, I am almost never a human, something I am -supposed- to be, and instead, I seem to live in the form I feel most at ease with, which is a kangaroo. But isn't this just your own thoughts trying to project your love for your favourite animals onto your species identity? I do not think so. I have long struggled with this. Longer than I've realised. I have been searching for that identity that is at harmony with the contours of my personality, and brings me to live my life as authentically and sincerely as possible. 'Roos make me happy because they fit perfectly. They're, to me, the most valuable creatures I have ever loved and felt at comfort with, so that makes zooromanticism a real thing for me too, though I could not for the life of me ever force anything physical on an animal that can not think with clear judgment.

To end this, I do not wish I was born in any other body than a human body. For those who may be familiar with existentialism, there's a fantastic concept of the facticity. It sets both the limitations to one's freedoms as well as forms the condition to freedom. They are the concrete details about the person that set the backdrop on which the values are created. The facticity includes things that are unchangeable, including a person's environment, his or her languages, the past, and the one we're discussing right now: the physical traits a person is born with. The facticity forms the origin of one's values. It is like the fundament, without which you could never be able to build something, and the values one builds must be congruent to their facticity if that person wants to live his life sincerely and passionately, or authentically in existentialism.

I think that this is something that many transgenders struggle with as well. Their facticity dictates that they were born with a body that is of a sex that they don't personally feel comfortable with, yet, in order to live it sincerely, there needs to be an acceptance of this facticity -- even with the possibility of sex change operations -- that at least somewhere, it is unchangeably stored there that they are or were once part of a different sex, and that perhaps only with this facticity, they could have found the strong identity that they can be at comfort with. I wouldn't have wished to have been born with any other body than a human body, because only with this human body -- and the facticity that set the conditions and limitations to my freedom that came along with being born with the species I am -- I was able to come to the values that I hold today, and led me to live the authentic lifestyle that I feel so bloody comfortable with, which is to say that I know I couldn't possible be any happier if I were living like a kangaroo in the same way a man without legs would be the happiest person in the world if with the medical advances he could one day in the future run. If I were born instead as the species I know I would feel best inside of, I'd be disenchanted. The facticity wouldn't be there anymore. I'd just...well, be a kangaroo, and that kangaroo would be none the wiser. That'd be sad. It'd be inauthentic to who I am: a human who -- limited by his facticity -- would be the happiest kid in the world if he were a fuzzy wuzzy eastern grey kangaroo.

End of rant. I hope I've managed to sketch an objective image of the situation I am in and that I didn't cause any hard feelings, and I hope my ironic style made this more of a breather to read through than it would have been otherwise.
__________________
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."


Last edited by EGKangaroo; March 8th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3467    
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
@EGKangaroo:
Oh, wow...
Y'know, I think... I might know how you feel with that...
Sometimes, I feel how you feel, and, it's kinda weird, but, it sorta makes sense, sort of?
*sigh* Sorry, I'm rambling and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #3468    
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:22 PM
QuilavaKing's Avatar
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Kangaroos
Well, I've certainly never experienced any thoughts like that myself, but based on my own experience with discovering my sexuality... I think you're taking it too seriously. I drove myself crazy trying to find the perfect exact definition of my identity but... it just... doesn't matter. lol

It took me a long time to realize that, but it's a lot easier to just accept you as you, and not think too far into it... though I suppose I'm already who I want to be, unlike you or transgendered people, so I guess I can't relate well enough to understand what you're going through.

I also don't believe in any past lives or spirits, so I can't help but assume it's all in your head, so it seems to me that it'd be best to let it go... you're not going to have the opportunity to get human to kangaroo surgery any time soon. lol

I mean, I feel like I'm being really hypocritical in saying that, since I support transgendered people, but it just seems like it'd be healthier to try and let it go. Of course, take that with a grain of salt, considering I know nothing about the subject, but I assume you wouldn't have posted it here if you weren't looking for second opinions.
__________________
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon


Reply With Quote
  #3469    
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Alakazam17's Avatar
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Wow, I was like the fourth member to join this thing, but I haven't been really active since. I'm glad to see it's grown so huge! =O

Well, to reintroduce myself, the name's Jessica, and I'm MTF transgender, pre-everything. I've often been wavering on this see-saw, with one end being hiding who I am forever, and the other being doing something concrete about it. I've mostly been on the latter end in recent times, though I find I often put too much emphasis on what other people think.

Anyway I'd love to get back into discussions on this community, and in the wider PokéCommunity as well. The fact that this thread has grown so much is proof enough that we are not alone. =3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3470    
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Well, I've certainly never experienced any thoughts like that myself, but based on my own experience with discovering my sexuality... I think you're taking it too seriously. I drove myself crazy trying to find the perfect exact definition of my identity but... it just... doesn't matter. lol

It took me a long time to realize that, but it's a lot easier to just accept you as you, and not think too far into it... though I suppose I'm already who I want to be, unlike you or transgendered people, so I guess I can't relate well enough to understand what you're going through.

I also don't believe in any past lives or spirits, so I can't help but assume it's all in your head, so it seems to me that it'd be best to let it go... you're not going to have the opportunity to get human to kangaroo surgery any time soon. lol

I mean, I feel like I'm being really hypocritical in saying that, since I support transgendered people, but it just seems like it'd be healthier to try and let it go. Of course, take that with a grain of salt, considering I know nothing about the subject, but I assume you wouldn't have posted it here if you weren't looking for second opinions.
Thing is that I am not necessarily struggling trying to find my identity any longer, I pretty much found it already for as long as no major changes show up in my life that make me reconsider my values. Only problem is, now I have to be honest about it, which I fortunately was just then. I do not think I am taking it too seriously either. It's the exploration of the self we're talking about, and I deem it worth it to put every last strain of effort into it to make sure that I can create the me that I feel best inside of. Everyone creates, and there's something that everyone creates, and that's the self. It's one of the most intense and most beautiful creations that anyone can work on. And everyone gets to create just one, so my goal is to make it count.

And I don't think you quite understood what I meant when trying to compare myself to otherkin, I do believe that this is all in my head, I specifically noted that I did -not- feel the same way as they do surrounding this issue. I don't religionise my feelings, I don't associate it with reincarnation, karma, or any mumbo-jumbo that would be the cause of how I feel. It is in my head, of course, alongside every bit of meaning I've assigned to the universe and every value I hold. Nor am I really specifically looking to change my physical form in any way. I feel strangely at comfort just knowing, and accepting this thing about me, not necessarily followed by a course of action to make the subjective thought to something objective.

But like you said, I ought to take it with a grain of salt, but I figured I should at least clear up some of the confusion there.
__________________
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Reply With Quote
  #3471    
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
*snip*
I can sort of see what you're going through as I've had many similar feelings, only with my gender instead of my species. What you're saying isn't offensive to trans people. Or shouldn't be. I can see why someone would be offended though. For a trans person it's still a struggle to have acceptance of even the basic idea that they're one gender while their body signifies a different gender. It can seem like someone co-opting their identity, and while I don't think that's what's happening, you can't expect the wider world to see it that way. The wider world might see someone saying (at least in their simplified view) "I'm really a kangaroo" and react badly to that, then similarly react badly to a trans person, saying things like "You're not really a girl. You're as crazy as that person who thinks they're a kangaroo."

I've no idea where the line between 'legitimate feeling' and 'mental issue that needs fixing' lies. I'm not one to judge. I guess I would just hope that you can find some place where you're comfortable with who you are, and it seems like you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post
Wow, I was like the fourth member to join this thing, but I haven't been really active since. I'm glad to see it's grown so huge! =O

Well, to reintroduce myself, the name's Jessica, and I'm MTF transgender, pre-everything. I've often been wavering on this see-saw, with one end being hiding who I am forever, and the other being doing something concrete about it. I've mostly been on the latter end in recent times, though I find I often put too much emphasis on what other people think.

Anyway I'd love to get back into discussions on this community, and in the wider PokéCommunity as well. The fact that this thread has grown so much is proof enough that we are not alone. =3
Welcome back. Thought maybe you'd left PC for good like so many people have. I hope you're not suffering needlessly by hiding things. But hey, you've got this place again to let things out and be yourself.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #3472    
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I've often wondered why furries get such a bad rap myself. One of my roommates is a furry, and he has all the porn pictures on his laptop and my other roommate gives him a load of crap about it (affectionately and all in good fun, of course). I guess it's just another example of how people are too concerned with how other people get turned on.

As for your acceptance of self, EG, I'm really happy for you! Being honest about it might draw you some odd looks, but who cares really. There are people out there who will just be like "You wanna be a kangaroo? You be a kangaroo, good for you" and those are the kind of people you need to associate yourself with .

I've actually looked into otherkin a bit on Tumblr and while I do support them in their endeavour to be their happiest self, from what I've seen they do seem to encourage the hate toward them. They seem to try to be obnoxious just so that they can start internet fights. That's just what I've observed anyway. I realise you're not otherkin, that was just a tangential thought lol
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #3473    
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
LaVida's Avatar
LaVida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sinnoh
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Hey guys,
I know I'm rather inactive, I apolize for that.

I'm extremely happy right now because I've come to fully accept the fact that I'm bisexual. I've been in denial for... all my life, actually, but during those recent months, I've learned that it's ok. Now, I feel so relieved and I wouldn't change a thing about who I am. It's like a big burden fell off my shoulders.

I just wanted to post this because I thought it might give hope to people, who are still trying to accept themselves.

And sorry for being off topic.
Reply With Quote
  #3474    
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
Hey guys,
I know I'm rather inactive, I apolize for that.

I'm extremely happy right now because I've come to fully accept the fact that I'm bisexual. I've been in denial for... all my life, actually, but during those recent months, I've learned that it's ok. Now, I feel so relieved and I wouldn't change a thing about who I am. It's like a big burden fell off my shoulders.

I just wanted to post this because I thought it might give hope to people, who are still trying to accept themselves.

And sorry for being off topic.
Hey LaVida. <3

I hope you're back for sure now! If not, I hope you will be soon. :]

I'm so glad you posted that because, like you said, it does give people the confidence and hope they need to be able to come to grips with their sexuality. Although I haven't really questioned my sexuality ever in my life, I know many people do/have, and it can be a very strenuous process for any person to endure. It definitely is okay to be anything you want, really. We are so tied up with believing that we must follow everything society has declared is appropriate and within the norm, but that, frankly, should not be the way things work. Nevertheless, I'm so glad you've found your way around those "regulations" and are happy with who you are. I know I certainly would never change who I am, nor would I ever be able to, anyways.

So, I congratulate you! You've put a smile on my face, that's for sure. :]

Hope to see you around from time to time!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3475    
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norende Village
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I've often wondered why furries get such a bad rap myself. One of my roommates is a furry, and he has all the porn pictures on his laptop and my other roommate gives him a load of crap about it (affectionately and all in good fun, of course). I guess it's just another example of how people are too concerned with how other people get turned on.
. . . lololol, yeah, gotta love the furries.
And, that wasn't exactly sarcasm. xD
My sister likes to poke fun at my being a "furry-freak" . . . I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but yes, I do quite enjoy them, lol.

Anyways
I'm about to go off topic
but I don't even know exactly what the current topic is, soooooooo

A little while ago (about two hours ago, actually) my English class was in our school library to start picking topics and doing research on our Freshman Thesis Papers. To start off, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do as my subject, but the two that came to mind, of course, were violence in video games and all of the wonderful topics surrounding the LGBTQLONGACRONYMHERE community. My friend decided to do Teen Suicide, so she kind of dragged me along to search for books before I could seriously decide what topic I wanted to do. So, while we were back there, I decided on gay marriage.

While we were selecting books, another girl from our class walked up to search for some feminist-women'srights-whatever books, because she was debating doing that as her topic, but she wasn't sure how she wanted to argue it. We had all started to talk, and I was having a bit of trouble finding the books on homosexuality, so I voiced that little issue. The one girl, whom we shall call . . . uh . . . Hawkgirl (xD no reason for that whatsoever) asked what my topic was. I responded, and then she asked if I was for or against it. I said "for" and she said something like "Thank God" followed by a vivid description of how my neck would have been cut and body shoved in the corner if I'd said against. (It was actually funny, and she's not violent. She's actually the kind of genius girl that's into all of the debate stuff, lol.)

Blahblahblah, I found my books and we all kind of sat there, searching for the right books and flipping through them. Eventually Hawkgirl decided to do Transgender persons as her topic. We got into this random conversation that I don't really remember and eventually we somehow got to her saying that she was mostly so adamant about this stuff because she was pansexual. (before she'd said that, she had asked me if I'd had a Tumblr because I knew terms like "pansexual" and "demisexual", which most people don't seem to xD) She was unsure about saying that to us, and later commented on how now only six people in the school knew, and her family didn't. When she was in the middle of the whole "oh don't tell anyone now I'm embarrassed" type of speech, I was all like "it's okay, I'm gay, lol"

I said that with my friend standing right next to me, and she was like "What?! *gasp* Really? *freakouttime*" and such and so on. Now, I had never really tried to hide it from her. I'd actually stated it a few times, but people just thought I was kidding, lol. I had even planned to introduce her to my ex at our school play a few days before, but stuff got screwed up and I was delayed to see it for an extra night.

Lol. The stuff you can learn when you get into random conversations like this. I might have an idea on a few more LGBTQLONGACRONYMHERE in my school now, lol. It's all sooooooooo long. Pfft.

Anyways, that's it, really. d:

Now I get to read a bunch of books on homosexuality to take notes on and stuff, lol. The first of which is What Causes Sexual Orientation? Genetics, Biology, Psychology which sounds interesting and has a cute cover, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.