The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Which one are you getting?
Xbox 720 2 9.09%
Wii U 9 40.91%
PS4 9 40.91%
None of them 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Caelus
Gone

As the title implies, which next gen console are you going to get?

I'm pretty much set on buying the 720 (as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed yet but info about it has been leaked) when it comes out, but I don't know if I'll ever get the Wii U. I've always been a Nintendo fan growing up but the last few years Microsoft has converted me into being an Xbox guy.

As for the PS4 I've never had a desire for any of Sony's console.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.

Nature: Jolly
Well, it will probably be a while before I get any of them (Just got a PS3 after all, lol), but, eventually, I plan to be getting all of them.

Each console has its pros and cons. After trying them all out, I can't say I favor any one over the other. The PS3 is great, and PSN is free, but Xbox seems to be my primary console for multiplayer and online games. The Wii has kind of faded into the background, because I never really got the chance to get any decent games for it, but it is nice for family gaming, lol.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Cassino
Møderator

No home system, at least, being a PC gamer.
The 3DS, if it counts as an eighth generation console, is likely to remain my only investment.

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Within the next two or three years, most likely none of the above.

I'll be busy with college money and the such, so I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. If I did have the money though, most likely a PS4. Possibly an Xbox 720 though, because my friends all have the 360. Thus, I'd like to start afresh with them.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
Xbox 720: I got a PC. Xbox 720 is like a downgraded version of my PC imo.

Wii-U: I'm gonna be getting this one if I had to buy any home consoles, I like the games and the controls.

PS4: Never really was a big fan of the Playsation 2 and Playstation 3, aside from the Playstation itself. So this is a definite no for me.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Caelus
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
No home system, at least, being a PC gamer.
The 3DS, if it counts as an eighth generation console, is likely to remain my only investment.
I was thinking of just the home consoles since those are the main ones. I personally don't group handhelds and consoles together but that can count.

The only thing really holding me back is the money. I don't know how much they cost but seeing as how the consoles were expensive last gen I'm not expecting this gen to be any cheaper.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelus View Post
I was thinking of just the home consoles since those are the main ones. I personally don't group handhelds and consoles together but that can count.

The only thing really holding me back is the money. I don't know how much they cost but seeing as how the consoles were expensive last gen I'm not expecting this gen to be any cheaper.
From what I heard, don't be surprised if they cost about six or seven hundred dollars a piece, lol.

Also, if we decide to add the 3DS into the mix, then that will probably be the one I get the soonest. Gotta have something for X and Y (plus Dream Drop Distance and other games that come out, lol) do I not? d:
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
I already have a 3DS that I'm very happy with, but I also want to get a WiiU. I'm not keen on the PS4 because of the incompatibility with previous titles, and who knows what Microsoft has up their sleeve.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
Honestly, I'll probably end up getting them all eventually. I only own a 3DS atm, but I think I'll be getting the Wii U sometime this year (despite the sorely lacking library) As for the others, I know they'll eventually release a certain title that'll force me to get it no matter what.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
honestly? none. I'm much more of a handheld gamer. If I were to get any of them, I'd probably get the Wii U, but so far I haven't seen anything that even remotely piques my interest by way of titles (available or in-development) so for the foreseeable future, none would be my answer.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Right now I'm still waiting to hear what Microsoft has planned for the new Xbox, and we still have limited information about the PS4. Either way, I've always waited a year or so after the consoles come out to decide which one I want to get, so I can see the reviews for both of them, and hope that any issues with the initial wave of consoles has been fixed by then. I'm not a big fan of the Wii U, so even though it's already out, I don't have any plans to get it.

If I had to pick one right now I'd go with the PS4 (since I've mainly owned Sony consoles back to the PS1), but I'll wait around to see what Microsoft has in store for us before I make any real decision.

Old March 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Arcturus.
Does this unit have a soul?

I'll probably be getting the Xbox 720, since there's some Xbox exclusives that I like to play. I may get a Wii U sometime in the future as well. I still need to get a 3DS though for two reasons: Fire Emblem and Pokemon X and Y.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Leonknight
Merc Leader

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Leonknight Send a message via Skype™ to Leonknight
PS4

never have been a fan of Xbox, if I want to play Xbox games I will just get them on the computer. As someone had stated xbox is nothing but a downgraded computer. And to be honest I Personally prefer my gamerig above all, as computer is greater than all

~Made by Myself~

Life Green Grd/Ice/Stl~4/8
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'll probably get a PS4 sometime down the road. I'd like them to fix the whole "PSN games won't work" thing because I really hate that they've pushed digital games so hard on the PS3 only to turn right around and say "whoops, those can't be moved forward to the next console". :( But I haven't even touched the 360 in about a year and I have zero interest in the Wii U until they make a Pokemon Snap so it'll probably be Sony when it happens. I was really impressed with the PS3 in the end. Had a bit of a rough start but man Playstation Plus is great and I'd love to support the company longer just for that. They know how to treat their customers (usually :P).

I've already picked up the 3DS and PS Vita and my computer still handles most games I throw at it. I tend to prefer portable gaming so I can probably hold off on the next gen for quite a while.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

I don't think I'm going to be bothering with any of them much. I plan on getting a Wii U by the end of the year considering what it seems to have going for it right now. I'm getting a gaming-based PC soon enough, so I feel like there's no need for the PS4 or new Xbox.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
PS4. I am a Sony gamer at heart and the other consoles don't have anything, currently, to interest me. Certainly not the Wii U. ;)
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

Nature: Lax
Already have a Wii U and 3DS, likely gonna get a PS4 way down the line. That things built for 7+ years, so why wait from the start and just jump in the middle?
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Before I decide between them I will be waiting to see what Mircosoft come up with for their 720. If it does not appeal to be I will go for the PS4.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
As long as no Pokemon games will be released in any of the 3 consoles I'm not interested in getting them. I will just buy another 3DS XL (so I can trade between X and Y)
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
If I get something, it'll be the PS4 eventually when more games come out for it that I want to play :3
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

I'll probably get the 720 since I wanna see if it has backwards compatibility with 360 games. If not then **** you Microsoft.
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
I'm going to be a Wii U user this gen, although being in it's fanbase it is ticking me off how many ****heaps are yelling 'DOOOOMED' every time I talk about it.

The PS4 looks rather boring and the Durango hasn't even been formally announced yet.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I'm thinking this mean home consoles more than portable consoles, though I plan to buy a 3DS XL mainly which is a eighth generation system nonetheless. It's mainly for Pokemon X and Y, but I do also plan to buy other games. As for home consoles , I really want to get a Wii U personally myself. I think since we got a Xbox 360 for home, my brother might buy a Xbox720 too or maybe a PS4.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
I love my PS3 and Sony but, if the PS4 has the same frame rate and freezing issues the PS3 has, then I'll definitely be getting the 720.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:21 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
None of them, 'cause I will be getting 3DS or PS Vita. Although XBOX 720 will fit my taste of gaming.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links