The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
From what I know, there is not going to be an event challenge this month. We just had one last month so Sydian wants to have a little time between them. I am glad, personally. If we had another event so soon it surely would have eaten up the time I spend on challenges, just like the Valentines day one did. I am glad to have some time again where I can just focus on my normal challenges.

Also, my German Soul Silver is on its way now! I plan on using it to continue my Ultimate Bug Monotype. Should be interesting reading all those Pokemon names in German.

Last edited by Necrum; March 8th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
We had a St. Patrick's event in 2011 (first challenge event) and we're already about a week into March, so obviously there isn't an event for St. Patrick's Day. I always start events at the beginning of the month, so if there isn't one by then, there won't be one later in the middle of the month. The next known event is in August. idk if I'll have anything in between.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Aww, alright

I just loved the Valentine's challenge, you put so much effort into it and the requirements for each Pokemon were just really great. That's why I'm pretty much hyped for the next challenge you'll make, they're just so great :C
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
If we are to have an event it should be easter! Although that's also too close, isn't it? :(

Shame since I had a pretty good idea in mind haha
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I don't know if it's only the mods that are allowed to make events, but if everyone is allowed to make one, you should totally do your challenge Golurk, I'm pretty sure it would be a real hit like the love in the Cloud challenge.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Necrum

You have to get Syd's permission to use the Event prefix. It's in the Challenges rules.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Hm well first we need to see if my idea would garner interest.

My idea was it'd be an Egg Challenge

Where you breed a bunch of eggs of different pokemon, and then pick 6 and trade them over, or hack in six eggs (or if either of those are too complicated, then the second part works fine). never mind that makes things too difficult. (or it could be a bonus rule? Bah.)

One pokemon would be the Sunny Side Up Pokemon which would always have to be the first pokemon in your party, or the highest leveled or something.

Another would be the Chocolate Egg Pokemon, and it would just have to know three cutesy moves (like charm, or attract or actually maybe just a move that is a "cute" contest move)

There would also be the Omelet Pokemon which would have to know an egg related move like soft-boiled or egg bomb, and wouldn't be allowed to have two moves of the same type.

Next there would be a Hard Boiled Pokemon which would have to be egg shaped, (so azumarill, chansey, elekid, exeggcutor...) and could only use physical attacking moves

Also you'd have a Scrambled Egg Pokemon which would have to learn 3 supporting moves, and all moves would have to be of different types.

And lastly would be the Deviled Egg Pokemon which would have to know 3 "evil moves" like Nasty Plot, Beat Up, Confuse Ray, Trick, Toxic.... (or even energy draining moves) and had to be Dark, Ghost, Poison or Bug (and maybe Fire?)

Sound interesting?
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Easter is this month though and we're not having one this month. April is bad too. While some schools have finals in May, some have them in April, like mine. And I wouldn't be able to give the thread and event in general my full attention. I'm fine with suggestions from members, but the event would still need me. lol So don't count on an April or May challenge. ;( Nothing wrong with your idea, it's just unfortunate Easter falls this time of the year to where an event for it would get in the way with a lot of peoples' school work, especially those of us in college/uni or any high school seniors we may have.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Well that sucks :C

An Easter challenge would've been really great :[
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM
11wildy
Me!

I'll wait for the next event, it will be worth it!
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Easter event is definitely something I will consider for next year, so don't be sad~!
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
11wildy
Me!

Yay event :D. upcoming weeks I'll be pretty busy studying, so don't epect to see me a lot.. ;( I just wanna play Pokemonz...
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

I hear ya. ;( I got a biology test on Wednesday and I got finals in April...so not ready. At least I'll be done soon. And spring break isn't too far off. Still need a job though, and I'm taking summer classes. :/

I just wanna play Pokemon and buy Pokemon cards. v_v
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
I'm in the same boat. Senior year is coming to a close so I have a lot of stuff to do ;_; I also need a summer job and I don't even know where I'm going to school next year.

On another note, I am almost finished with my favorites challenge! I'm also part-way through my ultimate green monocolor run so I'm actually gonna be finishing up challenges (as is my new years resolution).

Old March 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I don't know if this is the place to says this, but I just have to let it out, in my username challenge, I'm using Ivysaur until I get a Jynx or a Lickitung. My Ivysaur is already level 40-ish~ and I'm up to the part where I wake up the Snorlax. I can't tell you how many trainers I skipped on purpose so that I can battle them when I get my Jynx/Lickitung @_@
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

I do that too when I'm getting close to getting a new party member and I know it's gonna be far behind in level haha.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I remember when I did a challenge where the first Pokémon I could use wasn't till later in the game, I put so much effort into skipping people so I could re-battle later.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

More of y'all should show up in #swablunest. It gets awfully lonely sometimes! Perhaps I should make an emblem for it.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Aslan
the pretender

An Easter event sounds interesting, can't wait to see what happens next year :o. Also never been to Swablu's Nest :(, should sometime! :D

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I've been in #swablunest since the beginning of time. :3c
...even though I only started doing challenges like three days ago BUT WHATEVER MAN

Oh but wow I am trying to train up a Magikarp on HG right now and I do not understand how I did this before. Like I've had a Magikarp -> Gyarados on like every other playthrough of any Pokémon game and I don't remember training it ever being this frickin difficult/tedious/painful. How did I manage it so many times in the past?!

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Necrum

In my water monotype for blue version, I only had gyarados and wartortle until after waking snorlax, and both of them are in the high 30s. I'm adding two new members now though, and I even managed to skip almost every trainer in Pokemon tower.

I am almost always in #swablunest, as Syd knows, and it really does get lonely in there.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Ive been on #swablusnest a few times, but whenever i get on there no one else is there to chat with...

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

It doesn't help that I'm in central time zone, I suppose lol. ;( If more people would go in throughout the day, I think that'd help. But time zones are an issue, yeah. I usually just leave the chat up when I'm online whether no one's there or not.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I leave the chat up whether I'm there or not haha. Mainly because I just leave my computer on until it forces me to restart it and I forget about the chat for weeks if I close it.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

I usually leave myself in there if I sign on during mornings (which is usually only Tuesdays and Thursdays). I sometimes sign on from my phone as Petilil, but no one is in there when I do that haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links