Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Welcome everyone! Glad to see so much renewed interest in this club! ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post
Also, Nomura Hinted for a KHHD2.5 too. So there is a good chance that Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix will be brought here too, which has a LOT of updates and added features to Kingdom Hearts II.
I'm super excited for the idea of a KH2.5 HD because it'll almost definitely include Birth by Sleep. *u*
Quote:
I dunno why, but I love trophies in PS3, it makes me feel special. But when I see this picture.

Spoiler:

I JUST WANT TO PLATINUM KHHD1.5!

Anyone here importing the game it releases in 5 days (well 6, but Japan its like 3/9 over there now) in Japan. I'm importing it. :3
I placed my preorder within hours of it going up on Play-Asia. I'm so excited!! I'm gonna try to Platinum it too, although there's a chance I might just do all the trophies for Re:COM and somewhat abandon KH1 because it might be my least favourite in the series, haha. (Well, aside from Re:Coded but that's a rant for another day.)

I'm replaying BBSFM right now in preparation for next week. I finished Terra's story and I'm in the midst of Ven's story. I was about to go into Neverland but decided it would be out of character not to get all the Ice Cream with Ven so now I'm collecting ingredients haha. :P I can't wait to start Aqua and by the time that's done (along with, hopefully, all my assignments for the next two weeks), my copy should be here. <3

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 9th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
I'm just curious but which Final Fantasy games have you played besides X?
I started with X then played X-2, 12, 13 and 13-2. I also played 12-2 on the DS and Crisis Core for the PSP.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair

Last edited by Overlord Drakow; March 9th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
I started with X then played X-2, 12, 13 and 13-2. I also played 12-2 on the DS and Crisis Core for the PSP.
I liked Crisis Core which reminds me that I still need to play Final Fantasy VII. First I still need to finish my newest play through of IX though.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Yeah Crisis Core was very good. Probably my second favourite FF game after FF 12.
Forum Set // Pair
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:30 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Here is a demo gameplay of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Cant wait!

Last edited by ソラ; March 11th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Here is a demo gameplay of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Cant wait!
Final Mix looks lovely in HD. I'm really tempted to just import it but I barely have any money on me right now sadly. I now have The World Ends With You to tide me over with though.

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Honestly, I've kind of just been wanting 1.5 HD for the excuse to play COM again and to see the updated theatre for Days but... now that I've actually seen it in more than just screenshots? I'm really excited! That demo footage looked amazing.
Quote:
Final Mix looks lovely in HD. I'm really tempted to just import it but I barely have any money on me right now sadly. I now have The World Ends With You to tide me over with though.
It actually has a (...not very soon) release date in English for once and it'll be muuuch cheaper in English so unless you absolutely can't wait, there's not a whole lot of benefit to importing. u_u; (I think Sony caps their HD re-releases at ~$35 in North America. Importing will be about $80 anywhere you look. :/)

tumblrtwitter

Old March 12th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Honestly, I've kind of just been wanting 1.5 HD for the excuse to play COM again and to see the updated theatre for Days but... now that I've actually seen it in more than just screenshots? I'm really excited! That demo footage looked amazing.

It actually has a (...not very soon) release date in English for once and it'll be muuuch cheaper in English so unless you absolutely can't wait, there's not a whole lot of benefit to importing. u_u; (I think Sony caps their HD re-releases at ~$35 in North America. Importing will be about $80 anywhere you look. :/)
I know it has an English release date actually. I'm just an impatient person.

Old March 12th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Oh my goodness. I missed this club. ;~; I'm so glad to see it back. <3

Name/Nickname: Cid. Real name's Patrick.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: A ton. For FF and KH specifically, I'll only list the ones I've beaten because listing the ones I've played would eat up a lot of space! But yeah, starting with the titles outside of KH and FF, I've beaten The World Ends With You (DS) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES). I've also played Valkyrie Profile (PS1), Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2), Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS), Super Mario RPG (SNES), Chrono Trigger (SNES), Secret of Mana (SNES), Legend of Mana (PS1), Sword of Mana (GBA), Children of Mana (DS), Dawn of Mana (PS2), Heroes of Mana (DS), and for the heck of it, Dragon Quest V (DS).

For Final Fantasy, I've played all the numbered titles from the first up to the thirteenth, add onto that a good amount of spinoffs. I've only beaten Final Fantasy (GBA), Final Fantasy III (DS), Final Fantasy IV (DS), Final Fantasy VI (GBA), Final Fantasy VII (PS1) and Final Fantasy X (PS2), although I did get pretty far in Final Fantasy V (GBA) and Final Fantasy VIII (PS1). Not to mention beating the original Dissidia (PSP) and Duodecim (PSP), as well as Crisis Core (PSP). Lastly, I've beaten all the unique Kingdom Hearts games apart from Dream Drop Distance (which I sorely need a 3DS for to begin with, ugh). That includes the first Kingdom Hearts (PS2), Chain of Memories (GBA), Kingdom Hearts II (PS2), 358/2 Days (DS), Birth by Sleep (PSP), Re:Chain of Memories (PS2), Re:Coded (DS) and Birth by Sleep -Final Mix- (PSP). I think that's everything.

Favourite Square-Enix game: Tough call, but I'll go with Seiken Densetsu 3, with the first Kingdom Hearts being a close second and Final Fantasy VI hopefully settling for third. It's an amazing game. In fact, all three of them are. I just have a soft spot for SD3 because it deserves a lot more attention than it has gotten.

Answer to the current topic: First Kingdom Hearts game played was actually Chain of Memories. First one beaten was Days. Pretty weird for a KH fan.

Speaking of KH1.5 HD, I cannot wait for the Days cutscenes. <3 Someone actually has a leaked copy of the Japanese game now. :O I really wish I were this guy. I need this game!

EDIT: I just realized that the topic actually said first Square-Enix game, to which I can't say for sure. XD; I'll take a wild guess and say Secret of Mana. Yeah, I think that was my first Square-Enix game. That's probably why I loved Seiken Densetsu 3 so much in the first place. For the heck of it, my first Final Fantasy game was probably Final Fantasy VI, iirc.

Last edited by Cid; March 12th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Answering the topic:

Oh, it's Kingdom Hearts 1 for the PS2. But I beated Kingdom Hearts 2 first LOL.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Okay, the trophies don't look bad so far. I woke up this morning and saw a tweet but a Japanese S-E fan I follow and clicked it. I swear I saw "EXP Zero" somewhere in it but thankfully that wasn't part of the trophies list, they just added the ability to KH1. XD; I was scared there for a moment.
Quote:
I know it has an English release date actually. I'm just an impatient person.
I didn't word my post well. I meant to state that it had an English release date as "wow, we actually have a general date this early for once instead of not knowing at all whether it'll be released here or simply knowing 'yes'". :P But it's far away and I totally get the impatience thing. XD;

tumblrtwitter

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Oh man that demo brought back some serious nostalgia! I actually completed the original KH three times cause it's just such a good game.
Forum Set // Pair
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Sorry to perpetuate the KH-ness right now but the trophy list for KH1.5 HD Remix leaked today!

http://khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HE...-Revealed-3235

I think they're great! Nothing too easy and nothing too hard. The harder ones (no continues, speed runs, etc.) look like a lot of fun to attempt. I'm so ready to Platinum this! >:D

tumblrtwitter

Old March 12th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Doesn't platinuming it mean you'd need to complete a file on each difficulty? I usually don't play on any difficulty below Proud mode honestly.

Old March 12th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Doesn't platinuming it mean you'd need to complete a file on each difficulty? I usually don't play on any difficulty below Proud mode honestly.
I've done quick runs through the games on lower difficulties if I just want the story quickly. I typically go with the hardest difficulty when I play any KH game but for the sake of a quick playthrough or if I'm playing for one reason alone (ie. a trophy), I'll play on something lower. :P

Though technically if you're a masochist I think you could do all the trophies on Proud anyway. (For example, I imagine you'd get the Beginner trophy for beating it on subsequent difficulties too, like in other KH games?)

tumblrtwitter

Old March 13th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Quote:
I've done quick runs through the games on lower difficulties if I just want the story quickly. I typically go with the hardest difficulty when I play any KH game but for the sake of a quick playthrough or if I'm playing for one reason alone (ie. a trophy), I'll play on something lower.

Though technically if you're a masochist I think you could do all the trophies on Proud anyway. (For example, I imagine you'd get the Beginner trophy for beating it on subsequent difficulties too, like in other KH games?)
. . .Whaaaaaat? GO HARD OR GO HOME!

But yeah you should be able to get most of the trophies in one playthrough, maybe two at max.

I've always ALWAYS played on the toughest difficulty possible NO MATTER WHAT! And there's only been one time when it's gotten too tough for me to handle and that was in Days where the final optional boss was this stupidly powerful dragon / wyvern thing which just inflicted loads of status effects with its overwhelmingly powerful attacks. Screw that.
Forum Set // Pair
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

The only KH game I haven't beaten at the highest difficulty level is Re:Coded. :/ I played most of it on the hardest mode and then had to go down to standard by the end because I hated it so much and just wanted it to be over (and things were kicking my ass).

tumblrtwitter

Old March 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

I haven't beat Days or Re: Coded yet. On a sidenote though The World Ends With You's battle system is upsetting me because I can't seem to multitask between the touchscreen and the top screen.

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I think I generally just put on slashing pins and continuously slashed the bottom screen while I got accustomed to using the top screen and eventually you'll learn to balance the two so you can use less repetitive pins on the bottom. I've also had friends who just never touched the top screen, leaving it entirely to the CPU, and got through it just fine anyway, haha.

tumblrtwitter

Old March 14th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Quote:
The only KH game I haven't beaten at the highest difficulty level is Re:Coded. :/ I played most of it on the hardest mode and then had to go down to standard by the end because I hated it so much and just wanted it to be over (and things were kicking my ass).
Nah bro, I was MAN enough to get through ALL of that on the toughest difficulty. Even the 50 floor (I think it was 50 I can't remember) dungeon thing where you had to fight that wannabe Roxas at the end and then there were those red Defender guys who would kick the crap out of you if you weren't careful as well lol
Forum Set // Pair
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I've played through Days, BBS (Proud for the North American release, Critical for FM) and Re:CoM each in the highest difficulty available. I mean I'm proud of that (I'd try to Platinum KH 1.5 if I had it and the time, haha), but that barely scratches the surface. I'm trying to get myself to replay one of the numbered titles on their respective difficult modes, though! God, Mysterious Figure was already so damn hard to beat with Terra on Proud, taking many tries, so I think that in itself excuses me.

Nah, I wasn't serious. There are way more difficult secret bosses. Guys who beat those probably don't even care about me beating Mr. Time Shenanigans. XD;

Anyway, I actually only played Re:Coded on Standard and haven't replayed it yet. I thought I was gonna replay that game sometime in the future after I just beat it, but apparently it didn't have as much replay value to me as I thought it would. I mean I liked it a lot before (particularly the gameplay), but now... eh.

Re:Coded on the toughest difficulty is one hell of an accomplishment, Drakow. I dunno how you pushed through the little plot and motivation the overall story gives you to finish that game in Critical, but you did. I mean I never even tried fighting the bugged Data-Roxas secret boss thingo or experienced how tougher those big Defender guys with the shields were on with the difficulty cranked up to that level. Kudos, dude. Haha.

Speaking of Coded, though, rumors on KH 2.5 HD say that it'll contain II, Birth by Sleep and Coded. Probably the Final Mix versions for the first two... and a theater mode for Coded, I guess. Doesn't sound very appealing for the latter part, but finally getting to play II's Final Mix would be a blast! I just hope that Kingdom Hearts III doesn't dive into even deeper development hell with these rumors.
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
I think I generally just put on slashing pins and continuously slashed the bottom screen while I got accustomed to using the top screen and eventually you'll learn to balance the two so you can use less repetitive pins on the bottom. I've also had friends who just never touched the top screen, leaving it entirely to the CPU, and got through it just fine anyway, haha.
For now I'm just leaving the top screen to the CPU because it's easier on me. Though I had a hell of a time with the boss noise on Day five of the first week because of this until I remembered I had a healing pin.

@Cid; If rumor's true then I'd have so much with just Birth By Sleep by itself.

Old March 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Spoiler:

:D It caaaaame! On release day, too. This hasn't happened for a JP release for me since KH2FM, haha.

I don't have time to play it yet since I have assignments to churn out first but I loaded it up and installed the trophies anyway. Played about 30 seconds of KH1FM and wow the camera is great now. *u*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
Nah bro, I was MAN enough to get through ALL of that on the toughest difficulty. Even the 50 floor (I think it was 50 I can't remember) dungeon thing where you had to fight that wannabe Roxas at the end and then there were those red Defender guys who would kick the crap out of you if you weren't careful as well lol
Yeah, I'm gonna say my level 1 run in BBS keeps my KH badass level high enough to excuse giving up on Coded at a decent difficulty level. (At least I finished it, though.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Nah, I wasn't serious. There are way more difficult secret bosses. Guys who beat those probably don't even care about me beating Mr. Time Shenanigans. XD;
I dunno, I found MF pretty tough with Terra. Probably harder than a lot of bosses I've had to deal with in the series because Terra just didn't pay attention when Master Eraqus was teaching the dodge skills and has way less frames of invincibility than everyone else when sliding or else takes longer to go into his next slide--I forget which but MAN that fight is frustrating with him on hard difficulties. :(
Quote:
Speaking of Coded, though, rumors on KH 2.5 HD say that it'll contain II, Birth by Sleep and Coded. Probably the Final Mix versions for the first two... and a theater mode for Coded, I guess. Doesn't sound very appealing for the latter part, but finally getting to play II's Final Mix would be a blast! I just hope that Kingdom Hearts III doesn't dive into even deeper development hell with these rumors.
I assume that's what it'll be, yeah, even if there are literally only 3 cutscenes in Re:Coded that have any lingering relevance to the series. >:/ I'm so excited for 2.5 otherwise though. I replayed Birth by Sleep over the last week so I can do a partial chronological run of the series since I'm starting KH1 again this weekend and everything. I love that game so much and at so many points during it, I kept thinking "this would be great if I could move the camera" or "wow this scene will look great in HD" (or "wow I bet maybe they'd even fix the lag and frame rate in Maleficent's castle!" but I'm not placing bets on that one :P).

I don't think large teams work on these at all. You have a few people doing the cutscenes (if they even need more than one person?) and then a few programmers fixing kinks that come from just porting the game over and upping the output resolution. Then the new texture artists... honestly, it's not a big crowd, I imagine. I don't think we have to worry about these games distracting from anything.

tumblrtwitter

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

I really like that box art. If only my PSP wasn't broken so I could play through Birth By Sleep again. I have a Vita but I don't know if it happens on the Playstation Store or not.

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Lol wtf Sora has the evil overlord throne pose down hahaha!
Forum Set // Pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here