• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen "Official Download" Discussion

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
aw man, whoever was in charge of posting that was totally posting it on the 4th on purpose just so people would miss the first number and run over to gamestop and look stupid. XD
oh well, i was kind of disappointed that no one else was there but now i guess there still could be some pokemon fans in my area. i'll just go again next month and see.

Actually, you need to start paying better attention & getting your dates straightened out - I've clearly stated that it's going to start on the 4th of March, not February.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
While its nice and all that Meloetta is getting a western release, is there any word on a European release? Only legendary I'm missing now...

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Actually, you need to start paying better attention & getting your dates straightened out - I've clearly stated that it's going to start on the 4th of March, not February.

i'm sorry but i don't get my news from you so frankly it doesn't matter what you stated. on pokemon.com it was in numbers, not letters and easy to be confused. and farther more that was a joke, hence the XD. calm yourself, go laugh at something on the internet, understand the way of the joke.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Straight from Pokemon.com:

Visit participating GameStop stores from March 4th, 2013 to get the Mythical Pokémon Meloetta!

Keep checking Pokemon.com to find out how you can add Meloetta to your game via a special distribution event at GameStop stores. You'll need a system in the Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS family, plus a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 game. This Meloetta character distribution will also be available in Canada at participating EB Games locations starting March 9th.

The distribution event will run for a limited time—so don't miss this opportunity to get Meloetta!

Just to post official statement to avoid further confusion.

While its nice and all that Meloetta is getting a western release, is there any word on a European release? Only legendary I'm missing now...

No they haven't posted anything for the UK or any Europe Countries. I'll keep checking their versions of Pokemon.com though Serebii will most likely post before I see the updates.

EDIT: Australia and New Zealand have their dates revealed. Both are on March 4th to April 19th. So they get it longer. In Australia it will run in EB Games and Target while in New Zealand it runs in select JB HiFi stores

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, here's a rather...strange event that just started.

The Pokémon Center in Nagoya, Japan has moved to a new building, so to commemorate that event, a level 99 shiny Magikarp has been released, holding a Rare Candy. Its known moves are:
-Splash
-Flail
-Bounce
-Hydro Pump

Source

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Okay, here's a rather...strange event that just started.

The Pokémon Center in Nagoya, Japan has moved to a new building, so to commemorate that event, a level 99 shiny Magikarp has been released, holding a Rare Candy. Its known moves are:
-Splash
-Flail
-Bounce
-Hydro Pump

Source

This even made me WTF hard XD

This has to be the most random Giveaway in Pokemon history.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
My thoughts exactly. Though at least it has some strong moves and is shiny, oh and it'll be easy to get it to 100 considering it has a rare candy with it...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
A Red Gyarados....AGAIN!

Here's the C-Gear skin I downloaded for White 2.

Piplup_C-Gear_skin.png

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Aussie Meloetta event announced.

At Hoyt's cinema Broadway on the 23rd and 24th there is an event giving away Meloetta coinciding with the release of the latest pokemon movie. Theres a cinema in each state doing the event too not just Sydney.

http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/details/pokemon_kyurem_vs_sword.aspx

Apparently after that weekend there will be a limited release of the pokemon at select stores only which includes only about half a dozen EB games and Toys'R'Us stores in each state.

Its B&W 1 and 2

Anyone here aussie and planning to go other than me? :D Maybe we can arrange a meet up.

Anyway at least this will put me one step closer to a completed dex. Don't think i'll ever finish it cause they neglected to release Deoxys here and I suck at pokemon ranger so can't finish game to get it there haha. At least if I do manage to get the few i'm short I won't be missing a Meloetta. Closer than i've ever been and i've played all the games since red, blue and yellow.

Last edited:

Pinta77

Meloetta is being released at gamestop starting March 4th and ending on March 24th. Make sure you get yours! I'm going to get 2, one for each of my games. Anyone excited? =D Anyone planning on using it in their party or using it to beat the game?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Meloetta is being released at gamestop starting March 4th and ending on March 24th. Make sure you get yours! I'm going to get 2, one for each of my games. Anyone excited? =D Anyone planning on using it in their party or using it to beat the game?

Just throwing this into official download discussion since that's where all discussion related to Nintendo-announced events go. :)

Anyway as for me I'm going to be getting it for sure! But I won't be using it, especially since I don't like using event legendaries through the whole game. :( Though I do need to finish/restart White 2, so hmmm!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Changing this to remove the B2/W2 given that there's very little BW events and there's no harm in including them too!

Also because...

The first details of the distribution for the upcoming movie Extremespeed Genesect - Mewtwo's Awakening. If you pre-book tickets for this movie, you will receive a Level 100 Mewtwo with the Hidden Ability of Unnerve and the special move of Hurricane. It's not currently known how long the distribution will last or if the event will unlock anything in future games. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking back
Edit @ 09:22; The distribution will run from April 20th for Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 players

- Serebii

Going to get it orrr??

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Too bad that Mewtwo will never be used on random matchups nor competitive teams since event Pokemon are banned on the former, and its DW ability and Hurricane are useless for a set on the latter. This pretty much limits his use in-game, thus wasting his maxed IVs on SpA and Speed, but even then, it's level 100, which means it'll just make the games into a cakewalk even on challenge mode.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Too bad that Mewtwo will never be used on random matchups nor competitive teams since event Pokemon are banned on the former, and its DW ability and Hurricane are useless for a set on the latter. This pretty much limits his use in-game, thus wasting his maxed IVs on SpA and Speed, but even then, it's level 100, which means it'll just make the games into a cakewalk even on challenge mode.
If you are a Fighting type, you are advised to stay out of the South Atlantic, where Hurricane Mewtwo is churning up the coast blasting whatever it can. Dark types are requested to help stem the tide.

Joking aside, legendaries typically are banned from certain activities, but some contests might allow for such a Pokémon.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hurricane is an interesting tool for Mewtwo to use in Rain, but having Unnerve kinda ruins it, IMO, since I don't see any potential uses for that ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We don't even know if we are getting that Mewtwo internationally XD So far its Japan only so no way I can get one.

As for Unnerve, ya seems like a wasted use and I can see this Mewtwo sprouting into Rain teams.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
Low level Meloetta?

Has anyone been lucky enough to get a low level/level 5 Meloetta from the GameStop event?

I went in to the local Gamestop shop to get a meloetta of my own,and was disappointed to have it at level 50. I wanted to raise and train meloetta myself.

I couldn't find where the Meloetta thread is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Has anyone been lucky enough to get a low level/level 5 Meloetta from the GameStop event?

I went in to the local Gamestop shop to get a meloetta of my own,and was disappointed to have it at level 50. I wanted to raise and train meloetta myself.

I couldn't find where the Meloetta thread is.

This is the Meloetta thread ;) Merged the two since this is about events. btw, I plan to get the event... pretty soon. Not sure when, but soon. I don't plan to use it though :x

Back