The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old March 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Is there any Japan-exclusive games that you wish game to the U.S. or somewhere else. Is there a game that you just really wanted, but it never came out in your country? That's what this thread is for!

For me, if I was to take a game that never came to where I live, it would be Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney! How about you guys?
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Oh God, where do I start?
Blood of Bahamut
Steins;Gate
Robotics;Notes
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Chaos World
Jump Ultimate Stars
Mother
Mother 3
Bleach vs. Crusade
Fire Emblem 12 (and all the others)
Inazuma Eleven (series)
.Hack//Link
.Hack//Versus
Soma Bringer
Tales of Innocence (R)
Tales of Hearts
Super Robot Taisen (Series)
Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei

...To name a few. A lot of games need to come over.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

Nature: Lax
Fantasy Life, Bravely Default, Beyond the Labyrinth, and EX Troopers. 3 very awesome RPG's and one amazing action game, all for the 3DS. Its a beast that little guy, but only in japan.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Fantasy Life, Bravely Default, Beyond the Labyrinth, and EX Troopers. 3 very awesome RPG's and one amazing action game, all for the 3DS. Its a beast that little guy, but only in japan.
Well, to be fair, the first two still have a chance of coming to the West. Bravely Default has even been teased a couple times.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

I'll give you bravely default. But fantasy life? Nothing short of a miracle will make it appear.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
I'll give you bravely default. But fantasy life? Nothing short of a miracle will make it appear.
Level-5 considered it before. If it gets enough of a reaction from the West, it'll probably come over.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

Really? Did not know that. Well that's good then. Continuing on, when the hell are we getting Type-0 Square Enix.
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Blood of Bahamut
Steins;Gate
Robotics;Notes
Chaos World
Jump Ultimate Stars
Mother
Mother 3
Bleach vs. Crusade
Inazuma Eleven (series)
.Hack//Link
.Hack//Versus
Soma Bringer
Tales of Innocence (R)
Tales of Hearts
Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei

I especially feel this way about Mother 3, which is also my favourite video game overall. It's nice that Lucas (its main character) appears in SSB Brawl (even in the English version), and that Mother 3 got a fan translation. But I would still love to have that game on a GBA cartridge so that I can play it everywhere I go (rather than on an emulator on my laptop that takes five minutes to boot up and run at full speed). And unfortunately my Japanese isn't fluent enough to understand the original version.

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Blood of Bahamut
Steins;Gate
Robotics;Notes
Chaos World
Jump Ultimate Stars
Mother
Mother 3
Bleach vs. Crusade
Inazuma Eleven (series)
.Hack//Link
.Hack//Versus
Soma Bringer
Tales of Innocence (R)
Tales of Hearts
Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei

I've seen commercials for the games of Inazuma Eleven and they look really interesting! As for Ace Attorney, I love anything AA-related...
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
There are way to many to list them all, but the top of my list would be the
Final Mix Versions of all the Kingdom Hearts games...

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Spinosaurus

I'd like to mention both Ouendan games and Rhythm Tengoku. In the case of the former, it actually got a "westernized" game called Elite Beat Agents for the west that never got released in Japan. Luckily both those don't require knowledge for the Japanese language to fully enjoy, and I recommend importing both. (You can find both Ouendan cheap enough but Rhythm Tengoku is pretty rare and kinda expensive.)

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 is a big one. The first game is my favorite because of the detective focus rather than the courtroom, despite the story not being as fleshed out as the first Ace Attorney games. From what I heard the sequel is much better, but apparently I have to wait until the fan translation.

The Densetsu no Starfy games are another I'd like to mention. I'm actually pretty surprised Nintendo didn't localize any games except the latest one. It's a platformer akin to Kirby that features a cute starfish main character, I can't imagine it not doing well over in the west. Speaking of which, did the DS game do good?

There's also Hajime no Ippo for the GBA. It's a boxing game based on the anime that has similar gameplay to Punch Out, and being a fan of boxing, the anime and Punch Out as well I've always wanted to try it. I plan on importing it eventually, but would have loved for it to be localized. (Even though it obviously wouldn't have done well.)

There's also the Jake Hunter series, which is a popular long-running japanese series of detective games but only had one title localized. I've got a copy of the game not too long ago, but I've still yet to play it myself. Still, I'd have loved if other games were localized because the universe and characters are all so interesting.

There's also the likes of Mario vs Wario, Mario's Picross 2, New Play Control Chibi-Robo (shut up it still counts), the first Animal Crossing, etc.

I'd also like to mention Manzai Birds only being available to play on the japanese version of Rhythm Heaven Fever (Minna no Rhythm Tengoku.) Nintendo robbed us from the best endless game in the series! >:(

Does it have to be from Japan? I can think of games that were released in Europe but never in America, and vice versa. (Though all of them are available in Japan.)
Example:
Trauma Team, Mario Super Sluggers and ExciteBots are Wii games that are available in America but not in Europe.
Disaster and Another Code R are Wii games that are in Europe but not America.
There's also The Last Window, a DS game that is available in Europe but not America. 999 is also another DS game but was out on the opposite country instead.
The Tingle DS game were never out in America. (And the sequel is Japan only I believe.)
Warioware Twisted and Jill Dozer are big ones.
The Virtual Boy in general was never released in PAL land.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Caelus
Gone

I'd like to see Mother 3 make a US release, or at least a remake on the 3DS. Would also like all the Japan-exclusive FE games to get remade, which so far only Shadow Dragon iirc has came out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links