The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Episode N 008/BW Season 2 032/BW 116

Summary
Satoshi-tachi (including N) visit a Kanto festival. Satoshi tells everyone about his history with Lizardon.

Airdate
07 March, 2013 [Japan]

My thoughts mostly consisted of OH MY FRICK I JUST AAAAAA HOLY BALLS but here's some other stuff:

Spoiler:
Disclaimer: finished watching this raw ten minutes ago. I don't know Japanese. That's not particularly an issue though.

I really liked how happy Satoshi was to be at the Kanto Festival and see all kinds of things from his home region. And the clumsy Hitokage was adorable. And the frickin Koiking Salesman was there sdfghjkl. They missed a trick though- the TRio should've been hanging around his booth. :3 And the flashback scenes were REALLY WELL DONE I ENJOYED THAT IMMENSELY. AND NOW SATOSHI HAS LIZARDON WITH HIM YESSSSSS BEAUTIFUL but why he wasn't in the Valley still is beyond me? Unless I missed something in Sinnoh? And okay so Kenhallow is wish Oak, right... isn't that the first Isshu Pokémon Satoshi's sent back to him? It makes a bit of sense when you think that he's now been in the League and he can do that. And I'm pretty confident I heard some really old BGM when Lizardon appeared. :D
Also, also Dent and N seem to be hanging out more. That's interesting. I suppose they get on because they both have a deeper understanding of Pokémon relations than most people? And they're the older ones? ALSO YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE Dent has been more flamboyant again lately. Maybe it's because we have N to be the serious anchor of the group?
Finally, finally- I liked how they worked in Lizardon's Zukan entry in! That was good. Satoshi didn't have to be stupid and scan it for his own benefit- he did it to prove to Iris that Lizardon wasn't actually a dragon type. That was very very nice. I've been angry at his scanning things like BUOYSEL and HEIGANI I mean come ON.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set

Last edited by Anna; March 7th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm planning to watch this episode as soon as it's available but from what I've looked at... I'm pretty surprised to see that N's joined the party...
I'm gonna comment on other things once I watch the episode.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

And there was none :D
So to fulfill my promise.
I've seen the episode and... I was a bit disappointed...
Flashbacks were really nice to see, battle between two "dragons" was pretty cool (kinda expected N to stop it...) and Iris thinking that Charizard is dragon was cute :D but the way Charizard came back was what disappointed me the most...
Maybe I was foolish to expect Charizard to fly to Isshu to save Satoshi or something like that but simply returning to Ookido's lab from the Valley and then be transfered just because Satoshi said that he wants to see his old buddy again...?
I don't know but that kinda ruined the point of Satoshi leaving Charizard in Valley...
Once this episode gets to non-Japanese speaking/understanding audience... there will surely be questions "Why didn't he call him earlier, why didn't he use it in league..."
Writers... you never fail to betray our expectations :D
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Valtor
Unhatched Egg

Hello

Well.. I don't know a Japan language but I had to watch this just because of Charizard.

So could you please send me into PM or here if Ash wanted Charizard to stay with him and travell with him ?

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:56 AM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I really want to watch this episode. With Charizard coming back and the battle against Iris' Dragonite sounds really neat.

I'm sure there's a place where they've added subtitles and I can understand what's going on.
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtor View Post
Hello

Well.. I don't know a Japan language but I had to watch this just because of Charizard.

So could you please send me into PM or here if Ash wanted Charizard to stay with him and travell with him ?

Thanks
Yeah, Charizard's staying, Unfezant went to Ookido's lab.
Charizard's probably gonna stay just through N's arc or to the Island arc but once Best Wishes is over, he'll surely come back to Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemanmdj View Post
I really want to watch this episode. With Charizard coming back and the battle against Iris' Dragonite sounds really neat.

I'm sure there's a place where they've added subtitles and I can understand what's going on.
Well... PMs released the Sangi Ranch episode but did not release the previous one, so you will have to wait...
I would advise to see it if you are really interested There's no complicated dialogue anywhere
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Anyways, it was a very disappointing fight for me. I had really hoped that it would be a one-sided battle with Charizard utterly stomping Dragonite. I mean, it's battle experience, training and development were made rich in earlier seasons, so I was expecting a lot out of it's reappearance. Then again, story-line wise Ashe isn't even a pre-teen yet so it's to be expected.

Spoiler:
Fight ends in Charizard winning by a little bit before N interrupts the fight. Before that, Charizard and Dragonite were pretty evenly matched (until the last move). Later Charizard agrees to continue it's journey with Ashe.

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted

Last edited by Lilith; March 17th, 2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: removed link to episode
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Ah, so, I watched with subs this time and oops I'm crying

- Charizard was actually in the Valley until Oak called up and requested him to fly over. Which apparently took like no time at all?? ok w/e
- Unfezant and Swellow and Staraptor are going to be having speed competitions at Oak's place haha perf Pidgeot can visit and join in
- Stiiill don't know why Dent didn't release his Pokémon to meet Charizard.
- I'm thinking now that FBI agent said it- yeah, that fight between Charizard and Dragonite was far too closely matched.
- Charizard's moveset is dumb. Wing Attack + Slash + Flamethrower + Dragon Tail ??? Who the frick got rid of Seismic Toss?!
- Dragon Tail's animation takes forEVER. Christ I hope they don't use that particular bit as stock animation and play it over and over and over again.

I really really liked that ending though. Like I knew Charizard was rejoining, but I didn't connect it to when he left. Then, Ash said something like "We'll travel together when you're the strongest in the world", right. And now, "You've gotten a lot stronger. Would you like to travel with us again?" Wow. That's... you can see that on Charizard's face. It's like re-acceptance. He knows Ash has always loved him, but I'm sure it hurt not to be actually travelling with him. I'm sure he was training every day to be the strongest in the world so he could travel with Ash again. I mean just... aah.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Just Seen the Charizard vs Dragonite episode and I couldn't help being extremely nastolgic about the charmander flashback so much that I re watched the indigo league episode especially the charmander episode who else felt like a kid again when Charizard came out that pokeball
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
I know that feeling. First the writers bring back Charizard, now Mewtwo in the upcoming movie with Genesect. I'm crying tears of joy right here. It's like its 1998 all over again.

Old March 21st, 2013, 07:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuze174 View Post
Just Seen the Charizard vs Dragonite episode and I couldn't help being extremely nastolgic about the charmander flashback so much that I re watched the indigo league episode especially the charmander episode who else felt like a kid again when Charizard came out that pokeball
Guess I'm too emotionless... I wasn't moved at all nor was I feeling like a kid again... :/
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Guess I'm too emotionless... I wasn't moved at all nor was I feeling like a kid again... :/
Really? Not even particularly excited or anything? Because I was just full of emotion because of reminiscing and Charizard being back because wow you know I kind of grew up with that badass dragon. And he's always been such a fun character and oh I'm glad he's back. I hope they do him justice. :3

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Really? Not even particularly excited or anything? Because I was just full of emotion because of reminiscing and Charizard being back because wow you know I kind of grew up with that badass dragon. And he's always been such a fun character and oh I'm glad he's back. I hope they do him justice. :3
Guess they disappointed me how they brought Charizard back... too normal way :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links