The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
So far, Hoenn is the only main series region (not Orre) that hasn't had any difference between day and night. Though an in-game clock exists, there is no physical difference between day and night in-game. So how do you feel about this? Do you think it was unacceptable, seeing as the previous generation games included it? What do you think Hoenn would look like at night? How would it differ from day?

Discuss

So lovely~
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I would have loved for Hoenn to have a Day/Night cycle, especially since Johto already did. The change between day and night makes the game more dynamic i think, and i like how some pokemon only appear during a certain time of tghe day.
I hope the remakes of RSE include a Day/Night cycle

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Heartouch
Look up to the stars.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I was not mind about no physical difference of day and night in Hoenn, although that feature (of day and night difference) might be nice.
PC Family | PC Blog | EGC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I didn't mind that it wasn't there, but I may have been more fussed had I played GSC beforehand. It's a bit backwards to not have that feature, especially when it was quite a nifty little one.

Hoenn at night would be gorgeous, though. Just think. Lots of soft lights in the cities so as not to disturb the Pokémon habitats nearby, wild Volbeat and Illumise lighting up the trees on Route 117, glowing Chinchou visible from the ocean surface, the occasional solar lamp lighting up routes for traveller convenience... it'd be lovely and natural-feeling and relaxing.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
I don't care about that.
But it's weird though, how come GSC had day & night? But not RSE and FRLG?
Yeah, Hoenn would be gorgeous at night. What if it'll happen in the remake?
Anyway, I don't really mind that. It doesn't affect my gameplay at all.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
It didn't bother me much at all, considering I didn't play GSC beforehand, like Anna said. I played Yellow first, but lost it quickly. Pokemon Stadium 2 was my gen II. I knew GSC had a day/night system, but I didn't really experience it, so I wasn't too bummed over it not being in RSE.

It was a bit annoying to have to go check your clock and make sure it was night or day, if you were trying to evolve Eevee. Cause you couldn't just look at the game and think "oh, it's night, time to train Eevee" like you could in the previous game. But you didn't have to worry about that if you had no way to get Eevee into that game anyway, lol.

Quote:
But it's weird though, how come GSC had day & night? But not RSE and FRLG?
Not sure about RSE, but FRLG didn't have it because the games they were remaking didn't have it.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
This actually didn't bother me very much. Regardless it would have been a nice feature, maybe would've given room for more Gen. 1 and 2 Pokemon to show up, but it didn't happen.

Now there was still an internal clock, so that brings the question, "Why didn't they use it for that?" It's not used for much else to be honest, sure, some random sales and the likes, but otherwise, nothing game changing at all.

That's just me thinking.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think it didn't bother me at all. In fact, when I used to play Gold, for fun I set the clock to midnight (to show the professor he really overslept xD) and so whenever I played it it was always night. That bugged me cuz I don't like dark and I couldn't catch a Pidgey ever xD. TBH in Hoenn a clock would've been frustrating becuz for some reason I don't relish the fact that we would've been riding the waves in the dark xD.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It was a bit disappointing that they didn't have it after GSC did, but I guess it's for the best because if they did, when the battery died, it would be worse. I think Hoenn would look amazing at night, especially somewhere like Slateport city. Pacifidlog Town would be like a glowing beacon on the water.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Given 3rd Gen was my first generation as far as playing the games went, it didn't bother me that much but I would have loved to see Hoenn at night, particularly in Slateport City and Pacifidlog Town. However it made evolving Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon useless if you didn't have FR/LG.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:49 AM
blahblahblacksheep
Unhatched Egg

maybe bec the ingame battery runs dry and stops clock based events.. you dont want to be stuck at a forever night time right?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links