• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Spoilers] Guest Appearances

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
( Spoilers because it has something to do with the episode that airs in Japan next week )

For each season now there have been guest appearances of characters or Pokemon that were left behind in the last region or so forth. In Unova, we so far (other than Professor Oak and Ash's mom) we've had Dawn and Cynthia for the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup. Next week in Japan, Misty and Brock will be coming back for an episode. On top of that, it looks like Charizard will also be coming back and hanging around for a few episodes after.

What do you think of these guest appearances? Do you wish they would happen more often? Or that a character will some back and stay with Ash? Are there any characters (human or Pokemon) that you would like to see come back for an episode or two.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
I like the guest appearances I wish Brock was traveling with ash in Unova not Cilan but, he was funny at times.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aaah I adore guest appearances! It's nice to see old characters again once in a while, to see how they're doing and how they interact with the new cast. Too often and it wouldn't be as fun, though!

I'd really like to see May again. And Max, actually! I have no idea how they could be integrated in but I really would like to see them. And Brock of course! Oh my. I don't know if I'd like to see him and Cilan get on really well or if I'd like to see some friction there. Probably I would like to see friction because oooh drama.

Also I'd like to see a few more of Ash's old Pokémon as we continue in Unova. And even the next region. You don't even know how happy I was at just Muk appearing for ten seconds. And- frickin- Charizard- so excited! ♥

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm surprised no one said anything about this, but moi ;)
It's said that their cameo appearances in the upcoming episode are likely to be in the form of a flashback, but either way, it's going to be nice to see them appear on screen again.

I love whenever we get a cameo or a reference to past characters. You have no idea how excited I was back in the DP arc when May had her guest appearance for the Wallace Cup. That was a lot of fun and I loved seeing some of the new Pokémon she obtained and how much she had matured since she first left the group permanently. I also like it when they refer to their old rivals and friends from before as well.

I think what I always enjoy the most about cameo appearances though is seeing the Pokémon. For Ash, it's getting the chance to see his old Pokémon after so long. Cyndaquil coming back and later evolving for the Sinnoh League was great, and seeing Sceptile defeat Darkrai was oh so glorious.

All that being said, cameos work best when its not being overdone. Too many reappearances too many times just makes the excitement of it all vanish after awhile. Still, I wish May and Max could rejoin the group. ;;

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't get the hype... Takeshi and Kasumi are NOT coming back... it will be just flashback of Orange Isle because Charizard's coming back.
I guess for some it's just the thought of seeing them on screen again, even if just for a quick second, that makes them so elated for it. While others I don't think realize it may just be a flashback and nothing more.

Tox

fight me
Years
Hmm, I wonder if there will be updates to their appearances, such as Misty's eyes. They're a bit outdated now and Ash, Delia and Team Rocket were all updated. Also, this is the best news I've ever heard. Maybe they didn't mess it up so much after all.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I like having the 'guest' appearances. I would like more than what they have now maybe each person once per season, or something like that. That would be for people in the anime. I would say that Ash's Pokémon should make a lot of appearances during Elite Four, during the journey in the region he should switch out his guys from that area more often. Also he needs to go get Pidgeot back

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hmm, I wonder if there will be updates to their appearances, such as Misty's eyes. They're a bit outdated now and Ash, Delia and Team Rocket were all updated. Also, this is the best news I've ever heard. Maybe they didn't mess it up so much after all.
I don't think so... the animation of Charizard's farewell scene on the CoroCoro scan was clearly the old one.
I don't think they will change it... It's supposed to be flashback :D
And in a sense, it will look like past, even though Satoshi hasn't even grow taller or older.

Tox

fight me
Years
I don't think so... the animation of Charizard's farewell scene on the CoroCoro scan was clearly the old one.
I don't think they will change it... It's supposed to be flashback :D
And in a sense, it will look like past, even though Satoshi hasn't even grow taller or older.

Nah, they had to reanimate things. The old animation is much too different.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
As said before I would love to see more appearances of old characters reappear but as stated if they appear too often its spoils the whole thing.
One person I'd like to see again is Domino from Team Rocket. Can anyone update me on whether or not she reappears again?

Nah, they had to reanimate things. The old animation is much too different.
Spoiler:

Yes even Brocks eyes look different lol

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Charizard is going to be in the movie too, posters up on serebii.
Reappearance of old Pokemon like Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Sqirtel and Lapras would be great, they are not even with other Pokemon of Ash/Satoshi for us to see in the new title song of the anime.

Years
It is just that due to continuous mention of Brock, they should at least come in 1 episode to meet Cilan and Iris so that Ash can tell them his glorious Kanto past.

Back