The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyo View Post
Actually, this just happened to me right now.

And I don't even have my Pokedex yet.
Personally, I'd have used a cheat to add Pokéballs to my bag while in the battle.
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemanmdj View Post
Worst shiny experience...
Well, I haven't run innto a whole lot of shiny's, but my third time running into one was awful.

In Emerald, I was fighting Registeel. Surprise surprise, it was shiny. I tried my hardest to catch it (you have no clue ><) but in the end, it struggled itself to death.
Ah.
Ouch. :x

Quote:
Worst shiny experience? I have two; one happened to me and the other happened to my friend.

What happened to me actually started out as the best shiny experience ever. I started a new game on my Crystal version for fun, and ended up saving over my old file because the day care gave me an egg that hatched into a shiny Tyrogue. I managed to get that thing into a level 40 Hitmonchan, which was my best friend at the time. Then, one day, while I was playing it at a summer camp program, a kid took my Gameboy from me, released my Hitmonchan, and saved the game. I cried for two days.

What happened to my friend had me laughing for two days. One day, he was playing his Crystal version at my house, and managed to find and catch a shiny Krabby. He evolved it into a Kingler, and was really happy because it learned Guillotine. Then, my other friend threw a pillow at him. This pillow, which was tossed very lightly into his direction, had slightly hit his Gameboy in his hand. This caused the game to restart, and somehow delete his save file.
Oh gosh, that first situation is just horrible. :< (and that is exactly why I have to monitor anyone playing my Pokemon games, for fear of something happening to my shiny Pokemon, let alone the rest of them. )

As for the second situation, that had me laughing quite a bit (and I can speak from experience because, as mentioned in my previous post in this thread, the same thing happened to me, only I didn't get a pillow thrown/tossed at me. :cer_laugh Those GameBoy game files must be a bit fragile/delicate if a mere pillow can cause a game restart and file deletion...

Quote:
Actually, this just happened to me right now.

And I don't even have my Pokedex yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
Personally, I'd have used a cheat to add Pokéballs to my bag while in the battle.
Wow. :o I didn't even know there was a cheat to modify Bag items while engaged in battle (on VisualBoyAdvance, that is...).
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
heyo
HEYO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
I'm not a big fan of cheating, although I did hack the game to change my starter to Pichu. Luckily, once I beat the game on this file, I started another file with Tyrogue and found a shiny Rattata that I caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
Wow. :o I didn't even know there was a cheat to modify Bag items while engaged in battle (on VisualBoyAdvance, that is...).
You can use any Gameshark code on VisualBoyAdvance. You can also use CodeBreaker or GameGenie codes, but I've never even heard of those before.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM
ProfessorJoltz
Poke Fan

Nature: Careful
Shiny Male Combee. I cried myself to sleep and stained my DS screen.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
some classics classic, first shiny pokemon:Nidoran F in safari zone ._.
2nd Shiny Tauros, Safari zone....
3rd Shiny heracross, Safari zone
]
THE WORST
Shiny Rayquaza in emerald: killed my underleveld team...

Even Today I hate myself for believing in the stupid theory "Keep a Masterball for a week in you PC and you'll get 99"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Twiddle
Stepping on the cracks

Nature: Naive
Shiny Taillow in Route 104, had spent the 5 Pokéballs earlier.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Nature: Relaxed
Worst? My whole time I played FireRed. I was very young, and had no way of getting onto the internet, so I didn't know what a shiny was.

Anyway, I started it out, normal game. I was like, "Hmm, what starter.. lets choose this water turtle thing." It was shiny. I kid you not. My first ever pokemon was a shiny, and you know what I did? Restarted the game. I thought it was a glitch, and I said something like: "Dude, stars? What the heck.." So I reset my game and chose a Charmander. I played a bit, and got to Viridian Forest, and a Weedle poisoned me. It was also shiny. I was mad that it poisoned me, so I ran. I ran into a few others I can't remember well.

This is pretty much why I became a shiny hunter. I don't want my stupidness to run away from another shiny again.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

I found a shiny Raticate in Gen II (can't remember if it was Gold, Silver or Crystal). I'm pretty sure I didn't catch it because I ran out of balls, but I didn't really care since Raticate is pretty useless in later battles anyways.
There's nobody there
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I had 4 shinies in Platinum (Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey) and another in HeartGold (Mewtwo). Unfortunately, I lost both games.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Nature: Jolly
Well, I personally haven't had any bad shiny moments but my brother had a really bad one.

My brother has NEVER caught a shiny pokemon before... I had 4, so he got frustrated and looked up how to use the Pokeradar after I told him he could potentially use that to get a shiny (All mine were found with pure luck). first couple times he failed but the 3rd one he got up to like a 50 streak on mightyenas. Eventually he found a shiny one and he was ecstatic.

Here is how the fight went

First he switched out of his killer Pokemon into a false swiper.
He used false swipe.
He threw an ultra ball that failed.
Mightyena used roar

All motivation was crushed in that moment.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Jolteon82☆
The Speedster

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Jolteon82☆
Found a shiny Mr. mime in soul silver's safari zone, and it RAN THE FRICK AWAY!
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:30 PM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
Shiny Snorlax in Fire Red with no Pokeballs.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

In Crystal on the cycling path near Celadon, I ran into a shiny Grimer. Yay! I use one weak attack to get her into yellow health. Grimer flees. WHAT/ THEDDWS EKDS WHYYY I don't visit the Safari Zone out of fear of having a shiny flee. Who designs this stuff?

Quote:
Certain wild Pokémon can escape from battle. Pokémon that are legendary or found in the region's Safari Zone are the only ones who flee.

In Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, a few species of wild Pokémon can escape from battle. These Pokémon are more likely to be caught in a Fast Ball.
Low probability:
Magnemite
Grimer
Tangela
@Dragonmage: At least in Emerald and with your original save file where you saw Wally's blue Ralts, if you run into a shiny (for example) 43.67 seconds in the game upon boot up, you will always run into a shiny at 43.67 seconds upon boot up. The RNG is broken like that and can be abused without knowing the technical stuff. I'm fortunate enough to have my shiny frame appear in 40 seconds, rather than something like 3 hours from boot up.

Old March 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Emilia
Relapsed

Nature: Careful
The only shiny I've ever encountered, in my seven years of playing Pokemon, was a random, non-radar Roselia while EV-training my Gardevoir. The DS ran out of battery.

Emilia • 16 • Platinum • SoulSilver

the amber fuji & ambertwo club
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM
d00bt00b
Genxo

I was Soft-Resetting for a shiny starter on Pokemon Ruby and found a shiny Poochyena, and the only other I ever saw was a shiny Slugma in Pokemon Emerald, and all I had was like four Pokeballs... I didn't catch it.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I've only seen three Shinies, and none at inopportune times. Shiny Nincada in Emerald (successful catch, now the one I am cloning for trades), and two Shiny Audinos in White 2 (how I ended up with a second chance at a Shiny Audino I'll never figure out). The first Shiny Audino, as you might be able to tell, got away; my first attack ended up being a crit. and down it went. Thankfully, I was able to catch the second without difficulty, so I haven't really missed out on anything Shiny.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
silvereyes
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I can't really recall any bad shiny expriences. I do have a story of my friend running around bragging about his shiny sandshrew when we were doing a challenge speedrun of SoulSilver, but he shut up about it when I found a shiny koffing in burned tower
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Well, there was one time I chained a shiny Budew. I got it at 6 on the chain, which does not happen often(there's a quite low chance of a shiny patch there, but I found one) I caught it and named it. I went and started another chain of Skitty and got it up to the 30's well, the chain then broke. I was so mad I turned off the DS. Now, this is what makes the experience bad: Id forgotten to save after catching the Budew. I think you can imagine how mad I was after that.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone on SS. Rage quit after losing it. 'Nuff said.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:05 AM
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
Shiny Rayquaza in Emerald. I had no balls with me. Yeah...
Then there was that shiny Electrode in the Rocket Hideout in SS...
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Meeklish
Sugarbby ::.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Meeklish
Shiny Audino, nuff said. ._. I really didn't like how my Pokemon used an attack and got a cric. hit.. Yeah.

Then you know Braviary? Yes. ^.^ Almost got a shiny, but then the DSi just had to go and glitch itself up at that very moment. Never did see one ever again.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
lazy~
World's Laziest Trainer...

Nature: Relaxed
I chained a Roselia with the Pokeradar back in platinum only to end up accidentally running from it. I've never made another attempt at finding another shiny since that day.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Da7kmagician
The very best there ever was

I've been playing since R/S and played every game to the end after that (excluding B2/W2) and have never seen a shiny! I got shiny Entei with the pre-HG/SS event but that's it! The worst thing is when i got my cousin to play Sapphire she got a shiny on about her 3rd badge whiile I was helping her. Poképroblems
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.

Nature: Quirky
I can think of two bad shiny experiences. One comes from Emerald, where I encountered a shiny in the Battle Pyramid. And the second came from Silver, where I found a shiny Tangela only to see it flee on the first chance it had. ;_;

Fortunately my good experiences outweigh those two, so I'm not too upset.
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
sab
Now too much of a life.

The only wild shiny I have ever seen (aside from the garydos and the egg from the daycare center) was the first wild pokemon I fought in gsc. I had literally just stepped outside of newbark, into the grass after getting my cyndaquil and I saw a shiny. It sucked... after nearly 2k hours of pokmon playing, I still have yet to see another legit shiny.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links