The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:54 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ773 View Post
Can you EV train lvl 100 pokemon? Forgive me if this has been answered already in another thread, I looked and couldn't find it.
Yes you can EV train level 100 Pokemon, provided that they haven't hit the max already (510 EVs I believe)

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Yes you can EV train level 100 Pokemon, provided that they haven't hit the max already (510 EVs I believe)
Ok if that's the case I can always decrease EVs with some berry(don't remember the name) and start EV training from there?

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:22 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ok if that's the case I can always decrease EVs with some berry(don't remember the name) and start EV training from there?
Each different stat has their own berry, just make sure you use the one's you need. Unless you don't know what EV's they have. In that case you'd better use Pokecheck to find out what EVs they have so you don't waste berries.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
JohnnyJ773

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Each different stat has their own berry, just make sure you use the one's you need. Unless you don't know what EV's they have. In that case you'd better use Pokecheck to find out what EVs they have so you don't waste berries.
This EV stuff makes my head spin, lbs. Okay, thanks for the help bro.

Old March 13th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Quote:
Can you EV train lvl 100 pokemon? Forgive me if this has been answered already in another thread, I looked and couldn't find it.
I found this answer given by someone to another person who asked the same question:

Quote:
In Pokemon Black and White, you can EV train at level 100 if you have no EVs filled in your Pokemon. Since there is a new EV training system, you can now do that. In gen IV games, you can gain the EVs, but not get the stat boosts, so it will be a waste.
Hope it helps.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
From Gen V you can, so yes. Stats are calculated after every battle from EVs instead of every level.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
JohnnyJ773

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
From Gen V you can, so yes. Stats are calculated after every battle from EVs instead of every level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I found this answer given by someone to another person who asked the same question:

Hope it helps.
Thanks guys, that helped a lot. Trying to absorb as much as I can, this is some tedious and complicated stuff. Are there was too speed up the process or this is pretty much it?

Old March 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Something interesting for the EV training discussion; once a Pokémon is maxed out, you can Rare Candy it all the way up to Lv.100 and it'll be just as strong as if you got it there yourself. AR users may be fans of cloning Rare Candies now for this reason.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Something interesting for the EV training discussion; once a Pokémon is maxed out, you can Rare Candy it all the way up to Lv.100 and it'll be just as strong as if you got it there yourself. AR users may be fans of cloning Rare Candies now for this reason.

Cyclone
Yeah, but those who clone Rare Candies don't always EV train... and most likely they just Rare Candy their Pokemon to level 100 just to breeze through the game with no training...
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yeah, but those who clone Rare Candies don't always EV train... and most likely they just Rare Candy their Pokemon to level 100 just to breeze through the game with no training...
Their loss when they go on Wifi and get creamed by an EV-trained opponent.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 15th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Forever
let it go

As interesting as this is, you described what's going on by "discussion". The question was answered and the user asked to speed up the EV training process, not speed up the process to getting a Pokemon to level 100 (because it's a good assumption that his Pokemon was level 100 already), and carrying it on just turns a question thread into a discussion thread. When there's more discussion then more people want to jump in, making this less of a question thread and more of a discussion thread - and as a result it might make people less willing to ask questions here, as well as make the thread messy. Thus it'd be best that from this point it'd be best to move on, or answer how to speed up the EV training process (which honestly can't really be sped up that much - although you could check over the EV training part of the FAQ in this section, maybe for some hints?)
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
To speed up EV training you will want to make use of Power items and Pokerus. Power items give 4 bonus EVs of a certain stat, and then Pokerus doubles it. So basically it turns 1 EV gain into 10 (2[1+4]), 2 into 12 EVs (2[2+4]), or 3 into 14 (2[3+4]). Along with Vitamins, this will only require about 10-15 kills per stat (if maxing at 252) depending on desired spread.

You can buy Power items for 16 BP each at PWT or the Subway, and Vitamins in the same manner for 1 BP each or through buying them in bulk with a high level mart in Join Avenue.

http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/ev-...ack-2-white-2/
^EV training location guide for BW2 written by PC member Gonz0.

Once you get the hang of it, it will only take a few minutes to finish EV training something!

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM
rebelxgirl

Is it possible to get legendaries such as Mew or others in Black 2? Or a Pikachu even? Just curious. I have a Wartortle & a Charmander in my Pokemon party.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
Is it possible to get legendaries such as Mew or others in Black 2? Or a Pikachu even? Just curious. I have a Wartortle & a Charmander in my Pokemon party.
They are among some of the Pokemon that can only be obtained with the Poke Transfer, which requires a second DS and a 4th Generation game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver).

A complete list of Pokemon that can only be obtained via Poke Transfer is found here.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
They are among some of the Pokemon that can only be obtained with the Poke Transfer
Or by events if they were to happen.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Or by events if they were to happen.
Since he brought that up, there WAS this Event for a Pikachu at the 2012 VGCs.

Cyclone

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM
TrainerTori
Growlithe Fan

Nature: Quiet
With the Meloetta gamestop event, you get the card from gamestop - is that card good forever? or only until the event is over?

I JUST started pokemon white 2, just got to castelia, and there is no way I could defeat and catch a level 50 pokemon any time soon >.<

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Prof. M
Unhatched Egg

So I have this Magic Guard Abra;
Gender; Female
Ability; Magic guard
Nature; naughty (hehe)

Her nature isn't what I need it to be (Timid) So I paired her with a male Abra and began to hatch eggs, in the hopes of getting a male/female Abra with a Timid nature and Magic Guard ability. Alas, this is easier said than done..

I've been hatching eggs for 2 days now, up to 60 eggs a day. So far I've only seen 2 Timid Abras and neither had Magic Guard. what I did manage to get is;
Abra
Gender; Female
Ability; Magic guard
Nature; Modest

Modest is ok for an Alakazam (+SAtk -Atk) but I much prefer the speed over the damage boost. This alakazam will utilize his Magic Guard by using a Life Orb, so i'm more interested in the speed boost as a nature.

So here are my questions; am I doing this wrong? is there some way to speed this up? or do I just need to keep hatching eggs and hope for the best? over 120 eggs and only 2 Timid natured Abras, neither with Magic guard.. it's a little discouraging :/

W2: 4685 8003 1155
Pearl: 4127 5171 1018
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Finding an Abra with Timid Nature would be easier. Or a Ditto with Timid nature, give it an Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra, then breed that new Male with the female holding an Everstone to pass down the nature to the Female and then pray for Magic Guard.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Prof. M
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Finding an Abra with Timid Nature would be easier. Or a Ditto with Timid nature, give it an Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra, then breed that new Male with the female holding an Everstone to pass down the nature to the Female and then pray for Magic Guard.
I'm not sure I understand. With a male timid abra, and a DW female with any nature... give the female the everstone? but wont the female pass down her nature 100% of the time, making all my eggs the wrong nature 100% of the time?
---
edit;
sorry just re-read what you wrote, so you mean give the male the everstone? does that work? :o

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerTori View Post
With the Meloetta gamestop event, you get the card from gamestop - is that card good forever? or only until the event is over?

I JUST started pokemon white 2, just got to castelia, and there is no way I could defeat and catch a level 50 pokemon any time soon >.<
You don't understand how these work. You go to a Pokémon Center and talk to a delivery guy. He GIVES you the Lv.50 Meloetta. The thing is, it won't obey you until you have a batch of badges already (five, since as soon as it levels to Lv.51, the fourth isn't enough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. M View Post
I'm not sure I understand. With a male timid abra, and a DW female with any nature... give the female the everstone? but wont the female pass down her nature 100% of the time, making all my eggs the wrong nature 100% of the time?
---
edit;
sorry just re-read what you wrote, so you mean give the male the everstone? does that work? :o
1. Find a male Abra with Timid Nature (in B2/W2, you can also do this by breeding Alakazam, acquired by trading a Hippowdon with someone in Accumula Town).
2. Hand a female DW Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam an Everstone.
3. Breed them and pray for Magic Guard.

If you prefer...

1. Find a Ditto with Timid nature.
2. Give Ditto the Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra by breeding it with any Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam.
3. Move the Everstone to the female DW Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam.
4. Breed the pair and pray for Magic Guard.

Something like that.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; March 17th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Give the male Abra the Everstone. Any parent holding the Everstone has a 100% chance of passing down its nature.

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Prof. M
Unhatched Egg

OMG as I was typing and hatching eggs, I GOT IT

Name: Abra
Ability: Magic Guard
---
Now to start breeding HP(fire)

Old March 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
OMG as I was typing and hatching eggs, I GOT IT

Name: Abra
Ability: Magic Guard
---
Now to start breeding HP(fire)
Congrats.

Starting to get the hang of it?

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links