The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Forever
let it go

So these games, like any other games have had unique logos:

and

Do you like them? Which logo set do you prefer? The Japanese or the English? Would've you designed them a different way? Do you think they're indicative to what the box art will be like (aka greatly influenced by said logo)? Share yo thoughts!
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Scizornician
Feeling Fresh!

Nature: Brave
As always the Japanese get the better logo.
So yeah, the Japanese logo looks better.
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm assuming the Japanese one is gonna have some sort of Pseudo 3D effect. Meaning something like Platinum's but with depth I dunno how that would work with the English Logos though. I definitely like the Japanese ones, they have a nice color to them and almost match the original GS ones.
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:32 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm hoping on the bandwagon express and say that I prefer the Japanese logo. For one thing, the Japanese logo had more speculations behind it, like, the "DNA" like symbol, could symbolize genetics? Things like that. Plus, I really like the overall design of it more, tbh.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:45 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Yeah the Japanese logos are definitely better, just from an aesthetic point. The English ones are just extremely bland. I wish they would give us a more colorful one like that of the Japanese one, but in all reality it's not that big of a deal. The logo doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
Old March 13th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I really don't really understand why the English logos have to be so bland/boring. I mean, I'm an aesthetics person, and I don't know whether or not this is the actual final product of what they're going for, but it's just something I just don't feel comfortable with. I mean, it's not a world-ruiner for me or anything, but the colors don't even match! That shade of Yellow used in "Pokemon" doesn't go with that red nor does it go with blue, so I was really hoping that they would really make some adjustments, but that has generally been the traditional Pokemon logo for a long time, and it's something I'm going to have to deal with one way or another. xD; It's just irksome.
Old March 13th, 2013 (09:18 AM). Edited March 13th, 2013 by Guy.
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Aesthetically, the Japanese logo looks the best. Even with "Pokémon" so oddly placed at the bottom of it, it's more vibrant and interesting than the bland English logo. The DNA symbol was also a nice touch and offered something for the fans to speculate about.

I don't particularly like the design of the "Y" in either titles though.
Old March 13th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
Thingula
How do you change this text?

I always prefer the Japanese logos. On just about any game, they look better. Especially on Pokemon, they look crisper, the color fits the actual logo of the game and the font looks cooler.
Old March 14th, 2013 (02:38 AM).
Forever
let it go

I prefer Japan's ;; I think they could've been more creative with the English one but meh, they always end up sucking :x
Old March 14th, 2013 (04:01 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If there was one easy way to improve the English one it would be to screw the word Pokémon like it is in the Japanese one (the actual Japanese word, not the Pokémon underneath it) and give it the same coloring, and the DNA symbol as well. It'd make it a more interesting logo for the English version of it.
Old March 15th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I really think that they are kinda plain however as already mentioned it doesnt matter as it will not affect the game itself. However, I do think the Japanese ones look better.

"By force of will!"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links