Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 12th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
∣ "Solo"
25%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part One
The Bond

Effect: Asprin 1/3

Come on, Solo. Time to get up.

The soothingly soft voice seemed to beckon him to wake, and as he attempted to move he found every muscle tensed up and burned like a pain he'd never felt before. "Amelia... Go on without me..." His gentle mumbling was just barely audible, his eyes shut as if he were in some sort of dream... Or nightmare. He slowly opened his eyes, his head throbbing in some of the most intense pain he'd ever known; the worst migraine yet, it seemed. "Ugghhh..." Regaining a human-like shape (with the addition of his wolf ears and tail) he slowly sat up... On Fruity's bed. Eva was immediately beside him, and for once... He hadn't flinch at someone in his personal space.

It took a short moment for Solo to find that great little pill and he immediately took it and crunched it in his mouth, grimacing at the taste (as you're not supposed to bite into them) but swallowing nonetheless. He downed about half of the water in the given glass before putting it back down. His exhausted panting dying very slowly. After a few moments of pure silence, Solo bean to remember what exactly had happened; and put together the missing pieces. "You've saved me... Again," he concluded, almost sounding in shock. He sort of just sat there for a moment in disbelief. "I..." His voice was definitely softened at the moment, a powerful voice reduced to a whisper. "I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you... But you have my word that I'll try. I... I trust you."

Old March 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy

Evan Lee Gildred

“R-repay me?” Eva was taken aback by the words that Solo muttered through upon waking, a very serious tone taking over his voice as he vowed to make amends for his saving him. Trying his best not to laugh, he thought about one of his favorite movies, Star Wars. Wookiees had a thing called a ‘life debt’ that they gave when they were saved by another, like Han Solo and Chewbacca. Distracted by this, admittedly, nerdy thought, he smiled at Solo and wondered if there was the same kind of thing in Lycan society. He didn’t think there was, but the thought humored him nonetheless through the rather serious situation. If Solo was Chewbacca, that made him Han Solo in drag? Shaking his head to rid the thought and return his focus back to his friend, he swung his legs absentmindedly off the side of the bed, his feet not even reaching the floor. “I didn’t save you so that you would owe me anything.” He lowered his head and stared at his legs as they created a soft swishing sound when they rubbed together ever so gently. “It’s just what friends do.”

Looking at Solo and giving him a big, genuine smile, he thought about how happy he was to see him okay. Many people might not understand why he had been hanging around the rather gruff boy lately, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as they made him out to be. It was just another validation for him on trying to prove his point, fighting isn’t necessary. All that everyone needs is a little patience and understanding. Solo was a prime example of that. Instead of rushing to threaten and beat the boy, why hadn’t Ashling simply taken the high road and tried to work things out with words? Childish and naive as the thought may seem, he truly tried to see the best in people at all times and he wondered if even fairytale could be rationalized with.

Balling up the sleeve of his coat in his palm, he tried to wipe off some of the caked on and smeared makeup stuck to his face. Eva always hated when he looked unkempt and he knew that he probably looked disastrous. “I’m the one who should be apologizing anyway... You would have never gotten into trouble with Ashling in the first place were it not for me running away and crying like a baby just because of a little fighting. I just get so sick when people start to bicker and hurt one another when we should be helping.” Standing from the bed and grabbing the glass of water that Solo half drank, he went off and filled it anew. “Here, you should probably keep drinking, it’s important to keep your fluids up. Placing it on the desk once more, he peeked outside the curtains to see that the sun had almost fully set, night winning the battle over day for a few hours yet again.

“Uhm, if you don’t mind me asking,” he queried in a hushed tone, his hands clasping in front of him just above his waist. “Who’s Amelia? I-I mean, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want. I just heard you calling her name out when you were passed out. She sounded kind of important, I guess...”

Last edited by Claire*; March 13th, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Takumi Makkusu - Academy Grounds

I was walking on the academy grounds, into the plain fields. It shouldn't be long now 'til I'm back home-

"Gah!" Somebody's grabbing me from behind! They found me! I'm dead!

Oh, Nami... It's only Nami... But...

Oh god. How could I not have seen this? Nami, too, freaks me out. Now though, she freaks out in a...good way. I may be a little terrified of all Youkai, Nami included, but she's nicer than anyone else. She doesn't want to harm me, I can see that now. I don't know what to say right now...

"I-I'm..." I try to hold back more tears. I couldn't. "If I stay, Fairytale will kill me. But...I don't think I can leave you. I admit, I don't socialize well with people, especially girls. Though, you have been kinder to me than anyone else, including one of my siblings." i set the suitcase down & turned to Nami. "Since you're stronger than me, you'll protect me, right?" Uh...

"I have my own moves too..." For some reason, I smiled. Was I really doing this? I'm risking my life, just for Nami. All in all...it won't be so bad. Nami is my first best friend. I hope this is all worth it.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Dusk

∣ "Solo"
50%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Two
The Bond

Effect: Asprin 2/3

Solo watched Eva quietly, shrugging after she spoke. "I feel like I should be protecting you..." He blinked slowly, silent for a moment. "I'm not even completely sure why, but that's how I feel." Eva explained his reluctance to violence. "I've always used violence... Though it was usually for self-defense. I use intimidating looks to hopefully prevent any fighting, but some people don't fall for it and fight me anyway." He rested his head on one knee. "I got my a** kicked three times today... And you saved me from two of them." He gazed out the window, taking another drink of water. "I just wanted to be alone, but no one gave me that privilege... Yet now..." He closed his eyes for a few seconds, relaxing his posture. "Now... I wouldn't mind having one person beside me."

Solo had climbed up to his bunk, the top one, and listened to Eva's admittedly very personal question."Amelia... I can't believe I said that out loud." He shook his head slightly. "Amelia was my sister... A year younger than myself." Even repeating this reminded him of both fond and unpleasant memories, both of which were noticeable in his expression. It was only then that he came to a sudden realization. "The reason I feel the need to protect you... I think you remind me of her." He seemed quiet, distant in his thoughts for just a second. "Your voice and your personality both remind me of her."

Old March 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Ryuu Higoroshi
Chapter 2: 3C's Homeroom teacher
Classroom 13

Ryuu patted Cheryl's head and smiled warmly at her when she said it was okay that he left for a few just now. Honestly? It wasn't okay and he knew that but he couldn't let a student just break walls in this school. He will find out who it was and punish that person. Since he knew it was a Vampire and one of his students there were only two options left.

"Don't worry too much about tomorrow okay? I'm just sending you guys so Oz won't expect me anymore… it'll be a suprise attack." Ryuu also smiled at Kakasu. "I will jump in before any of you will get hurt." Ryuu finished. His attention was drawn to the opening door and saw Allister entering. Allister asked for some chalk and anything else that was better than the books in the library. Ryuu knew that the books in the library were pretty worthless and he never understood why the headmaster choosed those for in the library.

"Ofcourse." Ryuu stood up and walked to his desk to pick up a small box with chalks. "Here you go," Ryuu laid it on the corner of his desk, free for Allister to pick it up. "And take these as well." he searched in the bookshelf in his classroom for useful books and laid that on his desk as well. "I admit, the books in the library are pretty worthless." he glanced at Allister as he spoke. "These are my own books, I expect you to bring them back to me when you're done." Ryuu looked at the book on the top, it looked very old and the name was almost unreadable… but somehow he could exactly remember it's content. This was the first book he had received as child from his grandfather.

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 2: I will protect you.
Schoolgrounds.

Nami felt that Takumi got startled when she suddenly hugged him from behind but he eventualy calmed down when he found out it was just her. It wasn't really her meaning to startle him like that but it was expected. Nami finally catched her breath but her eyes were still watery, is he really going to leave…? As Takumi told her that Fairytale would kill him if he stayed she could hear he was crying by the tune in his voice. She holded him tighter but then he said something that raced her heartbeat intensely.

"But… I don't think I can leave you."

W-What…? Was he going to tell her he liked her? Was a love confession going to follow after this? Nami could feel her face getting red and felt like she was on fire. It was like she was in some movie right now. Somehow this sentence started to dance in her mind and a sensational feeling started to fill her heart and body. What was happening with her? Was this Vampire girl falling for this Human boy so easely?

Takumi's next words dissapointed her a little. It was indeed a confession but not the confession she was hoping for. Nami somehow was also happy it wasn't a love confession, wouldn't that be too soon? Takumi admitted he wasn't good at socializing, esspecially not with girls. So Nami was the first girl he actually got close with? Excluding sisters or cousins? Nami didn't mind somehow, if that was the case then Nami was ready to be his first female friend.

Takumi turned around and smiled at her, making her blush even more. He asked her if she could protect him since she was stronger than him… she was a Vampire afterall, her superhuman strength was one of her powers… the real Vampires were different from the ones from movies, Takumi probably had realized that today.

Nami nodded as she wiped the tears on her cheeks away. She smiled at him before she glomped him. "Thank you…" she whispered as she felt her face getting red once again… she was sure about this. Nami Kyuuketsuki, a Vampire, had a crush on Takumi Makkusu, a Human.

Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Claire*

Evan Lee Gildred

“I-I remind you of your sister?” He asked in a sheepish voice as he looked up at Solo in his bunk, feeling even smaller than he already was. Thoughts raged through his head as he wavered between clasping and unclasping his hands in nervousness. Solo had said “was my sister”. Past tense, former, no longer relegated to the present, no longer ‘is’ my sister. Heart skipping a beat, he looked away from his friend and cast his eyes aside as he knew what that probably meant. There was no other logical way for Eva’s mind to conclude. In his experience, unless it was a slip up, ‘was’ is never used when talking about somebody who was still alive or near to you in any way. A million questions came flooding to his mind as he debated whether it was okay to ask them. He felt like he could trust Solo and that he himself was now trusted by the other, but would it be too personal? Would Solo respond favorably to him rifling through his past in what would inevitably be a painful answer?

“I’m flattered,” he ended up saying, the answer as truthful as he could be. He had never been compared like that to somebody who seemed to be cherished by another. Not having any siblings himself, it truly was a valued comparison. It was obvious by Solo’s expression that there were both fond and excruciating experiences locked away in his memory of Amelia, as Eva had expected if his assumption was correct. Not sure what to say, they both remained there in silence, not uttering a word between them for what seemed like the longest time. Rubbing his hand up and down his left arm, a reassuring gesture as he debated what to say, he looked up at Solo once again.

“W-well, it’s getting late, I guess I should be going, right?” He gestured to the door with his thumb like he was trying to hitch a ride. “I should let you get some sleep.” Eva walked to the door and sat down on the floor to slip on his boots once again. Standing and casting another glance at Solo, he reached for the door handle and began to turn it before stopping and dropping his head once again. He didn’t know why, but he had to ask. The question would just keep him awake all night anyway and he didn’t much relish the thought of going back to his room and facing Ashling right now.

“W-what h-happened to her? I mean, if I’m not prying too much, I’d like to know. You talk about her in the past tense, so surely, something had to have happened...” Not even looking at Solo, he asked the question to the floor, his gaze unmoving and focused as if he was ashamed to even have asked it.
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I walked out of the school, deep in thought. What should I tell sister I thought, Maybe she would disapprove. These thoughts were disheartening, and I shook them off. Even if she does, I won't leave, I think I have to stay. I couldn't tell myself why though, something that scared me. If I didn't know myself, how could I hope to know others?

I saw this girl from class hug the boy. The boy seemed fearful, and I wondered if he was attempting to leave. Their interaction seemed heart-filled, and full of empathy. Even if they had just met each other, they seemed close, they seemed to take comfort in each other. Their faces red, and my eyes empty I watched. Maybe if they looked in my direction they would see a lonely child, maybe they would see some stalker, or maybe they would see nothing. They would look in my direction and see the buildings of the school, or the sky above me. To them, I was a background character, to them I was just some guy.

These thoughts didn't make me sad, quite the opposite, I felt nothing. I already knew these things, and thinking them just allowed me to think. I have emotions I assured myself, It's just nobody cares. Those thoughts made me sad, and probably if they looked over toward me, they would see a teenage boy, with a poker face. Only if they came close, only if they looked me in my eyes, only if they read my mind, only if they heard my voice, would they feel my sadness. Empathy only comes with sadness, everything else warrants apathy.

I eventually did look away from them, and began walking again. My thoughts became less selfish. I began to think about the girl, Elise. Would she leave? I thought, Would it be out of fear or disgust? Does she hate me now? I wondered if I could ever approach her. I doubted it, she would leave before I could ever find her, and why would I stop her? So she could risk her life to appease my need for a friend, so I could be selfish?

These questions were rhetorical for me, and although I could easily answer them, I felt my answers were wrong.

Everything I did was wrong.

My sister was always right though, she was there for me. Scrapes from fights, bruises from brawls, and broken bones from unneccisarly violence, all where mended by my sister. I was kept sain because she was always right, I'm a good person because when she said I had to be, I listened and remembered.

I wanted to call her. Call her before I went to my dorm room. I pulled out my cell, and sat against a tree. I looked up at the sky, peeking through the leaves and branches.

Beep I counted my friends.

Beep I counted the sun

Beep I counted the moon

And as I heard the familiar "Hello" I realized that they were all the same number, and counting them wouldn't change. It would always be one. "Hey Frio! How was your day?"

"It was good." My voice gave away my thoughts.

"Are you okay? You sound tired."

"Yeah- tired" I answered. "Just counting the moon and sun."

"Now why would you do that?" She laughed

"Because there is only one to count of each and it's so constant." It brings me comfort.

"That's silly. There are millions of suns, and almost every planet has at least one moon. You can count the one you see and only get one, but you will always have the ones you can't see." She lectured.

She was always right and I smiled. Because I realized that I was the only reason I lacked friends. I set a new resolve as I talked with my sister, rooted from a realization I should've made before. I thought, that if that girl and that boy looked at me now they would notice a tree with a happy teenager sitting against it. They would see a moon from another planet.
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Dusk

∣ "Solo"
75%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Three
The Bond

Effect: Asprin 3/3

Solo blinked. "I... I don't mind, I suppose..." He nodded slowly. "Yeah... She actually gave up her life so that I could escape... Another debt I'm unable to repay." He let his human form fade as he rested on his bed. "Hey... If you don't want to go, you don't have to. I assume that's why you're so hesitant, am I wrong? You can share my bunk with me, I don't take up much room." Whether Eva answered or not Solo had moved over to the foot end of the bed, sitting upright and gazing down at him. "Amelia, she was... Caring."

His eyes dimmed as he spoke. "Too caring. She lost her life so that mine could continue. Humans had invaded our forest... Killed our trees... And caged our closest friends and family to become mere housepets." There was an immediate tensity in the air, and it took all of Solo's power not to unleash a woeful howl that would surely echo in each and every dorm. "If they find you, and you refuse to become their slaves, they put a bullet through your skull." He let his head rest over his paws, wolf eyes glistening as if tears had been withheld; pain and sorrow filling the icy eyes with pools of sadness. "She used herself as a distraction so that I could escape the forest... She could have come with me!" Tears streaked his muzzle and it couldn't be withheld any longer; he let out a pained howl, breaking any silence in the dorms and likely the school grounds nearby.

Old March 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild

Allister Curtis

Allister took some of the supplies from his teacher, thanking him as he did so and heading his warning to return the books to him. He turned to look out of the classroom door to look at Yorick and Cheryll
"I'll see you tomorrow morning" he said to the pair, he wasn't sure why but he had the weirdest feeling he'd be seeing Cheryl there.

Allister walked out of the main building and began to head across the academy's grounds towards the dormn, noticing a classmate of his out of the corner of his eye as he did so. He was already running through things in his head, going into a fight was one of the few times he bothered using his mind to its potential and since he had plenty of time to prepare he figured he should.

Hopefully Solo doesn't interrupt me or something, although maybe I'll see Gavin wandering around or something the mage thought to himself. He really didn't have time to deal with the Lycan again nor the cryptic speech of his fellow mage, although he could at least contribute something in the form of an opinion.

Allister noticed Eva, who must have been at Solo's room but managed to slip by without anyone noticing, or at least any confrontation. He was thankful for this as he really just wanted to get to work already. Allister found his room and opened the door slowly. He'd managed to avoid Solo and Eva, but now he had to hope his annoying room mate, an irritating, loud and boastful werewolf with a few tendencies all too similar to Solo's, wouldn't be there to bother him. Thankfully he wasn't.

Dumping the books on his bed, but being careful not to damage them, he picked up the book from the library as well as a rather promising book he had just acquired from his teacher, skimming them until he found the pages he needed. Next, he removed the small box of chalk from his pocket and, copying from the two books and making his own amendments he began to carefully draw out a pentacle. A perfectly even star in the centre surrounded by two circles. Between the two circles he wrote out ancient glyphs from the books. The idea was simple, he had taken components from an enhancing spell and a protection spell so he could simultaneously magnify the abilities of whoever was standing or sitting in it and protect people from magical attacks. It wouldn't stand up to Oz for long if he was as powerful as Ryuu said of course, but it would probably by time for a classmate to take him out.

I do have the problem of needing to test it against a decent offensive mage, I really wish I had ran into Gavin again. With that he left the room, hoping his idiotic room mate wouldn't come back and wreck his pentacle; once again he was in search of Gavin.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Claire*

Evan Lee Gildred

Silence was broken between them, just like Eva’s heart, at the long resonating sound of Solo’s howl echoing through his ears. It was a sad sound, one that could not be quantified other than a feeling of inherent loneliness people saw in the noise. It reminded Eva of a nature documentary he once saw, a lone wolf baying at the full moon. He always wondered why they did that. It always seemed so sad, almost gut wrenching. Did they howl to voice displeasure, or was it a call for help, simply begging for somebody to howl back in response and sympathize with their pain? Eva tried his best not to lose himself in the story and the emotions that were wrapped up in it, but he found himself struggling in a losing battle. Tears swelled in the corner of his eyes, but he was able to keep them at bay just enough so as not to break down once more.

Walking up to Solo’s bed, he placed a reassuring hand on the boy’s paw and patted it comfortingly. “Hey, it’s okay,” he said soothingly looking into the wolf’s eyes with strong determination once again. “I don’t know what my opinion is worth, but for what it is; I think your sister would make that trade a million times over, just to know you were safe.” Eva choked up a little bit but quickly regained composure again. “People don’t sacrifice themselves unless they truly love and care about what they are saving. Your sister apparently cared more about you than her own safety. She wouldn’t want you to be haunted by the memory of her, rather, I think it would be best if you tried to live up to it.” He stopped talking and just let silence hang once again, the tense and awkward situation creating a bit more drama than he had expected on top of the fairytale incident of the day. Giving Solo a smile, he let loose his own, admittedly weak, imitation wolf howl. A sign that he sympathized with the boy and was trying his best to understand.

“Anway...” He pulled away and surveyed the room, his hands on his hips. There was enough sadness to go around and he didn’t want to prolong Solo’s torture anymore by dredging it up. “I’m not really sure I -can- stay here. I mean, I am technically male,” he said sarcastically with a little hint of regret and loathing at his own admission. “But, I mean, I do look like this.” Gesturing down at his body, he lifted the fringe of his skirt slightly as if to emphasize his point. “Don't you have a roommate? What if people see me leaving your room in the morning? People might start to talk.” He laughed and looked up at Solo once again, hoping that he might be able to get him out of his rut. “No offence, but I could do -so- much better.” He teased him with a wink and stuck out his tongue. No longer feeling nervous, he finally felt like he could be himself around somebody. He didn’t immediately feel like he had to avert his gaze, or mumble through every word. For the first time in a long time, he felt normal.
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

After the phone call, I felt a bit lighter. There was a little less apathy, and more drive. I don't think she could possibly have known how much she helped me, nor do I think she wouldn't be happy to have done it.

I did not tell her about tomorrow.

I stood up and looked at the sky, There's one sun and one moon for earth. I thought, but the stars in the sky are other suns and moons, it would take me years to count them all and they would just keep appearing and for once, my thoughts were with my emotions. I began walking toward the appartment, this time I had my journal to remind me where I stayed.

I walked up to the door and paused, wondering who my roommate was. I sighed, another star I thought, opening the door. I was pretty surprised to see who was inside. First I checked my journal to make sure this was in fact my room, because I saw the boy I saved earlier, and another girl.

Needless to say, I've seen this on TV. With a straight face, and a bit of awkwardness, I said "Hello, I'm Frio" and did the somewhat bad bow the girl from yesterday taught me, "What is your names?"

Old March 14th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Dusk

∣ "Solo"
80%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Four
The Bond

Effect: None

"Who said you can't stay here?" He asked, disbelieving that it would really matter. "There's a guy out there with a broken nose; I'm sure the news will spread. If anyone mocks you or harasses you, they know I'll find out. And then I make sure they never do it again." Distracted from a painful conversation, Solo seemed to return to the calm, quiet self he had been since he had been saved once more. "I guess that means you're part of my 'pack' now. Us against the world," he added somewhat plainly. "I wouldn't mind if you just moved in here. It'd be easier to keep you safe."

And just then, the door opened, and one of the boys from earlier walked in; as it turned out, "Fruit-loop" was indeed his roommate. "Ugh, not you again," he groaned in complaint. "Call me Solo, if you must." He was certainly not on good terms with this kid; the fact that he also turned out to be his roommate was sort of like a living nightmare. "Just don't bother me and I won't have reason to retaliate." He adjusted himself on the bed, moving to the center-side of the bunk closer to the wall.

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Claire*

Evan Lee Gildred

Comfort and strength seemed to melt away at the simple turning of a door handle. Eva’s once confident and teasing nature now vanished at the arrival of Solo’s roommate. His change was noticeable, even in his body language. He blushed a vibrant red and looked down at the floor once again. This wasn’t exactly the best first impression he could make on the boy named Frio. With his disheveled appearance and Solo looking on from the bed above, it probably didn’t look good from an outsider’s opinion. Eva and Solo knew it wasn’t anything like that, but it didn’t stop people from possibly jumping to the wrong conclusion.

“I-I’m Eva,” he stuttered through his greeting awkwardly and gave the boy a reciprocal bow, holding it to show a little more respect than he normally might have done otherwise. “Solo and I, well, we’re friends and we were just having a conversation before your arrival. I hope you don’t mind his behavior,” he apologized for Solo, an act that he had a suspicion he would be doing over and over again in the days ahead. “He really doesn’t mean to come off as rude, it’s just kind of his way.” Eva shot Solo a glare that only he could see, as if telling him to be nice and cut it out.

“Soooo, Frio.” Eva paused and returned his attention back to him, his eyes not meeting the other’s unlike when he talked with Solo. “I kind of have an awkward question for you.” Crossing and uncrossing his arms, he tried to find a stance that made him comfortable while talking, but he couldn’t seem to find one. Giving up, he shot his hands in his coat pockets and stood up straight as best he could. “It’s getting kind of late and my roommate and I kind of had a disagreement about something. Uhm, Solo offered for me to stay the night here. Would that be okay with you?” Eva knew that Solo probably wouldn’t care if Frio gave his permission or not, but it meant a lot to Eva. It was half Frio’s room after all and it wouldn’t be polite to just randomly throw an imposition on somebody like that.

Waiting for an answer, Eva tried to tidy his hair quickly, some loose strand having become tangled and dangling awkwardly to the side. Normally, he would have it down by now and be ready for bed, but it wasn’t exactly a normal night.
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I didnt answer the girl first, though she looked surprised to see me. I couldn't believe how mean Solo was, even after I saved his life and prevented him from trouble. "Bother you?" I said harshly, "You understand I took a detention for you?!" I dropped my bag on the ground. I wasn't yelling, but I wasn't kindly saying my words. It was a venomous calm, "I don't even know you yet I risked staying here to help you. When you had your little tantrum I carried you to class." I went to where I stored my clothes and picked out clothes for tomorrow. I picked a black shirt and very dark jeans, they would be hard to get dirty.

I realized that I myself was becoming a bit more agressive then I meant to be, so I took a deep breath and stood up. I looked toward the girl, "Friend huh?" I looked at her, then at him. How did he get friends. "Yea I don't care, you can take my bed." I had a sleeping bag that I brought with me, along with a pillow. I usually slept on a mat on the ground anyways, so I figured she would deserve the bed more than me. "Just make sure your friend doesn't get bothered." I said sarcastically. I took out night clothing, something I usually didn't wear, but figured would have to in this situation, and went into the bathroom to strip down. I turned on cold water and brushed my teeth and stuff. When I finished getting dressed, and finished doing my bathroom things I stepped out.

"By the way are you both actually going to investigate that graveyard?"

Old March 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Dusk

∣ "Solo"
85%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Five
The Bond

Solo returned Eva's glare with a simple head shake, as if to say 'I have a reason to dislike this person'. "Yes, bother me. Like you are now." His ears twitched in annoyance, and his eyes squinted for a moment. "Who cares about a detention? Just skip it, you don't have to go anywhere just because someone tells you to. Don't submit to people you don't even know." He gave Frio a rather agitated glare, and his tail lashed twice. "That room is a prison, I'm not going back there and I never wanted to be there to begin with." He felt a slow growl in his throat. Looks like he's back to his old self again! "And don't play innocent; it was your fault it even happened."

He glanced at Eva for a moment, starting to relax slightly, and answered Frio's question even though it was directed at Eva. "Yes, she's my friend. That means if you do anything to her, you'll have me to deal with." With a more-than-annoyed huff, Solo plopped down on the bed, resting beside Eva. He offered Eva a bed, and Solo just reacted with subtle annoyance. "No need to sleep on the floor, there's more than enough room up here for the both of us." Frio changed and did whatever, and when he came out he asked if they were going to the graveyard. "I'm certainly not going there." He glanced at Eva as he continued, "it'd be far too dangerous."

Old March 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Kion Gavin - Mall

Gavin stared at Regeant, the specialty magics store in front of him, but he was reluctant to walk in; it was as if there was some kind of barrier keeping him. In reality, he was still trying to cope with the fact that he was close to a legitimate resource for magic goods. He'd visited human magic stores (and fantasy stores) for years back in the Human Realm, but a lot of the stuff there was questionable in legitimacy; here it was the real deal. He could hardly hold his excitement, though he tried not to let it show. He clenched his fists, smiled, and walked inside.

The inside of the store wasn't exactly what he was expecting, but it was indeed large. Well, to be specific, Regeant wasn't actually that large of a store, being specialty brand as it was; rather, it was part of a magic market by the name of Kazam. Gavin's mind immediately shot to a certain movie from the 90s of the same name and promptly snickered. He noticed it was getting dark, and he didn't want to get lost in the plethora of magical items on sale, so he immediately found his way to the sealing devices. It may have sounded or looked strange to a non-mage that there was a section completely devoted to sealing devices, but there were many uses for them in the field of magic, more than simply staunching or preventing potentially uncontrollable magic.

Gavin had trouble finding them, though, despite how much smaller Regeant was to the rest of the market. Someone tapped on his shoulder, which made Gavin jump, as he was sure that no one was behind him in the prior moments. He turned around to see a person with cold eyes, dark red hair, and an octagram on their forehead. The stranger immediately took Gavin's hand, turned it over, and looked at it closely. "Hm...Mammon and Baal, huh?" They asked, looking up at Gavin with a smirk. Gavin's whole body went cold when those words were uttered. It was astounding- unbelievable even- that this person was able to figure out who Gavin had a pact with by merely looking at it. The stranger was clearly a Deva Mage as well, which sparked some quickfire theories from Gavin. "Calm down," The male said, taking note of Gavin's surprise. He pointed to his octagram and said, "Satan." He returned his hand to his side. "I only guessed since Baal is a Pentagram and Mammon is a hexagram, but the two have slightly different shades of black and emanate different colored auras. I take it that you're looking for something to seal the power then, right?" Gavin nodded, still unable to speak. "Right this way."

The man, clearly an employee, said this as some sort of joke, because as he started to walk away he almost immediately turned back to Gavin. Gavin put on a puzzled look, and for a couple of moments he didn't notice what had just happened. He then looked around, as if to break the awkwardness of the rather strange situation, and noticed that he wasn't in the same part of the store that he was before. The employee laughed to himself and said, "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you; it's something of a tradition among the first time visitors." He cleared his throat, composed himself, and as bowed. "I hope you enjoy your stay." With that, he vanished.

Gavin looked at the spot where the man was for a few moments, he was in a daze. He shook his head and tried to focus on the task at hand. He looked to the rack, or rather, the racks in front of him. There were far more than simple gloves there, and the gloves they did have varied in style quite a bit. There where Monk Sutras, Bandage Seals, and even things as large as hoods and jackets. He didn't have time to examine the many different types seals that were available...well, that's the excuse he used, at least; in reality he didn't want to spend that much money. Of the many things he inherited from his mother, he was an incurable shopping addict. If his father wasn't such a frugal person, the family would have been in some terrible financial trouble. He didn't have that much money anyway, and he surely didn't want to pay any loans back, so he bought a fingerless Glove of Adept Sealing and bought it, biting his lip as he rushed out of the store.

He equipped the glove and the smile he had earlier immediately grew larger. It was rather short lived, however, as he started to ponder a rather serious matter. He looked down at the glove on his hand. He wondered if he could really forsake all other magic for the sake of spiritual magic; that wasn't the type of thing he could commit to. His intent was to do so, so as to keep everyone safe, but if he were to lock away the one thing that made him most curious, the one thing that kept him intrigued and guessing, and the one thing that made his time at the academy worth anything...he wouldn't be Gavin anymore. His curiosity was his humanity, and without that, he wouldn't even have the right to wear his name anymore.

He wasn't ready to make any to make any permanent decisions yet. He arrived at the campus and then started to walk towards the Girl's Dorm inadvertently. He didn't know why; in fact, he didn't even notice that he was doing it until he had arrived at the front door. He raised his hand to knock, but then let out a tired, sarcastic laugh; he knew just how stupid that would be. He sighed, pondering his impending fate, and headed back to the Boy's Dorm.
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I walked out of the bathroom, "Not sure what I would do to her." I said, spreading out my sleeping bag. "I'd prefer if nobody in this room shared a bed." I said. "So I'll sleep on the floor." I certainly wasn't going to share with him, I didn't know him. And I don't want those two sharing a bed at all.

"You should go, I somehow doubt you are afraid of danger." His glance at the girl made me think he was scared for her. "If we stay together, it will be less dangerous." I wondered if they would go, I knew the lycan was much more than strong enough, but the girl could've been human for all I knew. And then my mind to Elise, would she be gone tomorrow? I help a pain in my chest again. "Anyways, I would think you would love the chance to fight without getting in trouble, danger aside I'll promise to save both you and her if things get too dangerous." Because my life is not as important as theirs. I thought, Because I'm just a background character.

Last edited by Aques Keus; March 14th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Takumi Makkusu - This Is Embarrassing

Nami's hugging me... It feels nice, which is also scary. So long as she doesn't harm me, I may get used to a vampire. I would've been on my way home by now, yet, I choose to stay in the dangerous school I know.

All for one girl.

It's strange. I suck at speaking to girls. Is it because Nami isn't an ordinary girl, literally? Could that be it? I just don't know. Nami seem's to be the only friend I have right now. I wonder if there's a possibility I can make more friends here? I highly doubt it. Sigh...

When I look at Nami's red face, I felt my own face red. She thanks me. I didn't have a response to that. I only fell silent. Um, since I'm not leaving... "I should unpack back at my dorm again," I chuckle nervously, & she's still holding me. I sure hope she doesn't kill me, & I sure hope Fairytale never finds me. Well, I've made my decision, so I'm sticking by it.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Allister Curtis

Allister was about as flustered as he ever got. He had sprinted through most of the school grounds and was quite exhausted from the ordeal, but it was fairly important that he tested his spell.
Where th... Of course, he has probably gone to the region shop.

Allister took off at his fastest pace, which was painfully slow next to a werewolf or several other faster yokai, hoping to find Gavin there before the deva mage could vanish again. He ran past the main buildings and the dorms before he finally could see the schools private shopping mall, and walking from the building; Gavin.

"Hey!" Allister called out running to him, fairly sick of having to deal with so many people in his preparations, but Gavin was tolerable.
"Sorry to bother you again" he stopped for a moment, panting heavily, to catch his breath "but... I need you to help me tes-t a spell." He paused yet again finally slowing his breathing to normal
"Don't worry, you really can help me with this one, I more or less will just need you to try and blow me up, but I need you to come back to my dorm room before my room mate gets back if we are going to try this... Oh, I like the new glove... but why the white hair?"
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Volt

Ostriches. Fudge em'... fudge em' all.

Volt directly stared at the ostrich angrily as it picked at the grass. What the hell was... was... that THING doing in front of him? He wanted a horse, and the conditions he had listed only applied to them, right? No. Maybe he should've been more specific in risk of getting a tortoise or something?

He sighed. Never mind that, he would never get back to the academy at this rate... the best thing to do would be to somehow prop himself onto the ostrich, in the middle of the forest, and hope that he can somehow get to the academy before anyone noticed where he had gone... wait a sec. Volt gasped, and then nearly slapped himself over his stupidity.

Milly, you idiot, you forgot about Milly!

Damn it, damn it all. Hopping onto the ostrich angrily and furiously, he yelled in its ear. "Get us out of this forest! I don't have the time to..." he quieted down, remembering that he could possibly still be in earshot of that Oz person. But it didn't matter; the ostrich was surprised and suddenly lurched forward at exceptional speed, nearly flinging Volt off it if he hadn't hung on to it's pink neck. Through and under trees, hit by shrubs and bushes, his frustration grew exponentially as the ostrich continued it's run.

Finally, Volt began to see a clearing ahead... he sighed. Hopefully he was near the school, which he was. Skidding to a halt right before he reached the clearing (and nearly breaking the ostrich's neck- since he was pulling it back so hard- to do so, for good measure), he looked at the sports field ahead. He wanted to get to the dorms first, no doubt, and treat his varies scrapes by himself. He felt his face, and his third eye, and all of that. He sighed in relief- he was fine there. But his arms were full of scrapes, and his torn bandages revealed reopened scars. His leg had a bruise or two, but otherwise it was surprisingly fine. He unsummoned the ostrich and walked into the dorm, reapplying his bandages and changing out of sweaty clothes, preferring shorts over long pants, even if he did have some bruises. He did put on a gray hoodie, though, to avoid anyone asking about why there were bandages over his arms. He knew the answer to that question, but he wasn't ready to give it.

He walked to the cafeteria, got some food, and thanked the workers eagerly. He then looked around. He saw Milly sitting at a table, on her own. C-c-crap... He sat down in front of her, but he could barely bring himself to speak. He stayed silent for a few minutes, eating, until he was able to say something. He was screwed, no doubt... at least, that was how how he looked at it.

"Ah... sorry?"

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Kion Gavin - Mall

"O-oh...the white hair?" Gavin scratched his head as he did. "Yeah, about that...I'm trying to delve into the art of Spiritual Magic. They say that the color white symbolizes purity, and that sin is black as night. As such, I figured that such a balance must be achieved before I can actually get anywhere." He didn't know if that's what he actually believed, but he didn't have much knowledge of spiritual magic save for minor details in mostly unrelated grimoires, zen research articles that his mother often read, and the media. As such, most of his knowledge was rather cliche or invented. "...but I don't know if I'll be able to 'blow you up'," Gavin looked down at his glove, "not with this thing, and I can't risk taking it off and using magic for the sake of training, it might kill you."

He stopped and thought. "Then again..." A cold, evil grin started to form on Gavin's face. "There was a Spiritual spell I tried earlier today. Maybe I can mix in some destructive magic and bypass this glove's sealing ability. Something of a Spiritual Destructive magic fusion; don't know if there's a name for it." Gavin had half a mind to say something like "Spiructive magic" or "Destrual magic", but he held off on it, knowing how stupid they'd sound. "So I'll help you out. Right now." Gavin distanced himself from Allister and started to move his left foot back in a slow, sliding motion. He cupped his hands and moved him to his right side. "This is the only Spiritual spell that I have experience with, so don't laugh, okay?" He took a few deep breaths with his mouth and then with his nose. He knew he couldn't good and well call the spell by its normal name if it was given a Hellish twist, so he improvised on the spot.

"Rai..." (/R I/, Japanese for "lightning") Gavin started, a ball of bluish-white energy starting to form in his cupped hands. "Me..." the seal on the glove started to grow, it was trying to staunch the destructive magic activity that was struggling to free itself from the demon's body. However, as Gavin theorized, because of the mix between the Spiritual and Destructive magic, and given that the glove had no mind of it's own, it couldn't distinguish between the two and tried to staunch both. The reason this was a good thing was because, depending on the level (and type) of the sealing apparatus, the seal would only hold back a certain capacity of magic. If the capacity was met, all excess magic would be released normally (hence why Gavin was able to use magic so easily with his weaker sealing glove). As a result, the magic that was not held back would obviously be weaker than if one were not using a sealing object at all, regardless of the case. The reason this was favorable for Gavin was because Spiritual Magic didn't draw from the same source (Magic was drawn from various sources of energy, each different depending on the type of mage, and Spiritual Magic was drawn from Ki, a force that supposedly existed in all beings), and as such, he would be able to distribute the magics enough that he could use spells without exerting unbearable amounts of energy.

"Ha..." Electricity started to emanate from the ball of energy and spread as time leapt forward. "Me...You better be ready, because its coming your way!" Gavin's hands started to shake from the static snapping at his arms and the pressure building up in his palms. Then, he jutted out his cupped hands towards Allister and yelled, "Haaaaa!!" The ball of energy shot out towards Allister in the form of a beam. Gavin was unsure as to what it was that Allister was trying to test, but he prayed that it would work.
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Claire*

Evan Lee Gildred

“Oh my gods no, I can’t take your bed, that would be far too much of an imposition on your hospitality. I would never dream of kicking one of my hosts to the cold, hard floor.” He shuffled around and looked at the two boys who seemed to take part in endless bickering. How were these two ever going to survive as roommates? Surely, they would end up killing each other. “I’m just going to go get ready for bed.” Gesturing towards the bathroom, he started that way before stopping and facing them once again. “Can you two not kill each other while I’m gone? Please?”

Eva shut the bathroom door behind him with a firm thunk and looked at himself in the mirror. The day’s events had certainly taken its toll on his appearance. Taking off his jacket and boots, he stored them neatly in the corner and went about washing his face. The cool water of the sink washed away all his collective worry that had pooled on his petite features, helping him feel fresh and rejuvenated once more. While he was going about his business, his mind dwelled on the day ahead. His now long forgotten homework and the encounter with Oz. He didn’t know what he was going to do if everybody insisted on confronting the wizard. A fight was not something that he enjoyed the idea of. In fact, it was the last thing he wanted. What good would he be anyway? Wouldn’t he just be a liability in the end? He knew that couldn’t fight with his fists and trying to hide what he was, severely limited using his ability in public. But what about his friends? Could he really stand by and watch them march off to their potential death and stand idly by? Sensei, Solo, Ashling and Gavin. Just a few of the ones in his class that he actually knew better than the rest. Not to mention the countless others who he didn’t know at all, but who were still cherished by somebody somewhere in the world.

Reaching up and letting down his hair, he looked at himself once again in the mirror, hardly recognizing the person he was anymore. Not in a physical sense, that looked the same. But the person in that mirror was not that same person he saw this morning. There was a lot of growth to go around for one day of school. It was awkward, when he thought about it of course. In the bathroom of two other guys’ dorm room, getting ready for bed. He couldn’t help but start laughing. It was like something out of a manga or anime, just with a lot less fan service and more reality. Returning back to the room, his long hair flowing behind him like a veil, he sat on the edge of Frio’s bed and looked in the boy’s direction, but not directly at him.

“I uh, don’t think I’m going to go to the graveyard. I kind of agree with Solo...” Clearing his throat he shifted on the bed and twirled his hair around his right index finger. It was something he did when he was thinking or uncomfortable. Something for his body to do absentmindedly and his hair was the perfect analog. “Nobody should be going, you included.”
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Frio
I sighed, neither of them would go. But I had to go. She also declined to take my bed, which was rather odd, but I simply shook head my head, "It's not cold with my sleeping bag, it'll be like when I lived with my sister." Except I was more alone. "Also I'm a Snowman, I'm naturally cold." I layed against the floor and looked at them with my hands resting under my head. I was not going to sleep inside the bag, considering how hot I would get, but just laying on top felt comfortable.

"I think I'm still going. He did a number on the teacher, and apparently the others too." I wondered if he really would hold back against kids. Would you? I thought. Though I didn't answer myself. "What if he decides to start attacking other students? Or what if he goes to the human world? At least if I fail, I can say I tried and not feel so..." I trailed off, there were many words I could've used. Useless, insignificant, cowardly, guilty, and even unimportant ran through my head. "Nevermind, you two probably shouldn't go, not if you don't feel strong enough." I said solemnly, "But since it was technically an order, I will have to go." You should tell them the real reason you want to go, my thoughts teased, A fail would mean your death. And who would care for your death? I thought. "Seriously, take my bed..."

I rolled to my side and looked at the opposite wall, I didn't need the lights off to sleep, though I couldn't sleep. My eyes burned, and the side of my head felt wet.

Though I didn't make a sound.

Elise
Elise sat in her room, staring at the wall while laying on her bed. Is Frio dangerous? She wandered, Is this entire school dangerous? She didn't feel much shock anymore, the surprise had worn off, replaced with wonder, curiosity, and fear. Somehow, she didn't feel like she didn't belong her. As if she was always supposed to be here, But that's a silly notion. She thought, I'm human, and this is a school for non-humans.

At least she didn't have a roommate. I think I'll stay here... Just to make sure Frio makes friends. He did promise to protect her. So she breathed in heavily and succumbed to sleep.

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:12 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Allister Curtis

Lightning streaked towards Allister as he looked on
"oh...crap" was basically all he could say, his pentacle was still on the floor in his room, which meant he was going to have to now improvise the same spell without actually drawing the pentacle since he hadn't ever attempted a complicated spell like teleportation before was certain that he would have to go for replication instead. All that had rushed through Allister's mind in a second, he knew what to do
"ymitare" said Allister picturing the prepares spell in his room intently with his mind. The left over chalk dust and lose sand and dirt on the ground clumped into the shape of the pentacle spell he had created as the attack was about to collide with Allister. It was instead blocked what seemed to be an invisible barrier dissipating after a while. Not having the power of the original the make shift barrier fell apart at the spell.
"Well, I know it will work" Allister said breathing a sigh of relief "it may not be as effective against Oz, but from it I can shield others too, as long as he doesn't break it. Thanks for the help."
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Dusk

∣ "Solo"
90%
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Six
The Bond

Solo shook his head silently. This boy talks a lot of nonsense... While Eva washed up in the bathroom Solo found himself just staring blankly at the door. As much as he'd love to have one less roommate, he was currently in no condition to fight, nor did he want to; not after the day he had. When Eva returned, Solo moved aside, making the assumption that Eva would climb back up. It was then that Frio spoke again, about the wizard. "It'd be stupid to face a wizard with my current condition, let alone at all, unless I wanted to die." He shook his head doubtfully. "He likely wouldn't hold back; any sign of weakness is something to be taken advantage of. As much as I don't like you, I'd still advise you against going," he added bluntly. He wasn't in the mood for politeness, but was he ever?

He glanced at Eva quietly. "If the teacher was injured as severely as it sounds, how would it be a good idea to rely on him to attack again in the students' defense? They'd be smarter to form their team out of staff members, people old enough to handle that type of situation, instead of sending in the kiddies who aren't entirely sure how to use their powers to their full potential." He closed his eyes for a moment. Those words seemed to hit him most of all, whether he realized it or not. He stood up for a moment, shaking his fur out, before lying back down. "I'm relieved you're not going into that stupid battle," he added, directed toward Eva. "And who cares if he gets into the Human realm?" he folded his ears. "Anything he did there would probably make it better."

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links