Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Going sort of on trend with Nick's thread about pruning friendslists..

Have you ever cut someone out of your life?
Was it your choice to do it? If yes, what made you want or have to do it?
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I did. There was a "friend" of mine in school. She was so mean to the other girls and some times would make them cry. I hated that and didnt really like her very much. She only literally wanted to talk about one or two things ever as well, so I tended to hang out with others. One day after graduation, I was talking to her via instant message and she was quite rude, called me a word I wont repeat and said I'd "betrayed" her. I hadnt done any such thing and it was the final straw, I felt I no longer could associate with someone like her so I ceased talking to her after that, she probably would not have changed.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

My ex(es). Completely stopped talking to them. Apparently when I try and make friends again it's "hitting on them" so I just won't talk to them anymore.
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I cut my high school best friend out of my life because of some boy. We started talking again last November though, because I decided I didn't want to lose one of my best friends over some stupid, smelly idiot that we both dated. Now we hang out on most weekends again and I love her little man CJ. :3 Coolest baby ever. lol

paired to crono
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I've cut a decent amount of people out of my life unfortunately. Not necessarily by choice. Basically there were two reasons:
1. He/She moved away and texting just wasn't the same as talking to the person in real life and it just slowly stopped.
2. He/She got weird or changed entirely and is no longer someone who I wish to be associated with. Differing interests tend to form later in life I guess. Mostly drugs.
WORTH
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
my dad because he never gave a flying monkeys when my daughter Hanna was born, and never gives her a bday/christmas present when he buys one for my nephews. You can't pick favorites when it comes to children/grandchildren. So I don't speak or see him anymore.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Many times. It gets easy after a while so long as you're firm with it. When it comes to the voluntary ones, that is. If someone moves away or cuts me off, then it's still pretty difficult to deal with.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Yep, two of my friends -- one my best friend because she was a really nasty person underneath all over her social layers, and the other basically because he treated me like dirt.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:31 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Most of my "friends" in high school. I'd cut them of once I've found out they're backbiting at me.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I've cut off quite a few people in my life, it's funny though how I more often than not see it coming tbh.

Gotta love the high life.
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I've never purposely cut anyone from my life. People who aren't in my life anymore aren't there because of a fall out, loss of contact, and probably loss of interest.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Yeah, i've done it before.
Yes it was my choice, and I did it for reasons.

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'm pretty bad for this when it comes to friends, sometimes it's unintentional (because I'm earnestly busy) or I lose interest in them, or they piss me off, or I just plain got sick of talking to them. I cycle through friends that I talk to like they're going out of season lol. I only have a very select few friends that I've stayed in contact with over the years, and I'm happy to have them as my friends.
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
No, I don't think so. The people who have left my life have sort of just drifted off for one reason or another, there has never been a situation in my life so toxic that I've felt the need to cut a person off from me completely.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 20th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Yes, and it was not particularly pleasant.

There was this one guy in my first year of university (let's call him TP... because that's what his initials are!) who sort of clamped on to the friendship group I was a part of like a limpet. At first we were all "cool, a new friend" and he started doing stuff and hanging out and other friend-y stuff. Then TP started acting weird. Not 'serial killer'-weird or anything, but he'd start coming to things where he wasn't invited to (not because we disliked him, but not all of us invited everyone to everything), have these mood swings and our original opinion of him as 'kooky' slowly morphed into 'someone we don't want to talk to'. So we decided to give him the message that we didn't really want to see him slowly, by gradually inviting him to fewer and fewer things. But that didn't work, and he was in our face all the time. Eventually, we just decided to cut him off; no phone calls, no texting, no Facebook, nothing. The tipping point was this time when we were all going out to dinner and TP saw us leaving the uni accommodation. As one would expect, he started following us. Instead of stopping like normal, socially acceptable human beings, we all ran away instead. It was kinda monstrous at the time, and I feel bad about it to this day... but it did the trick. Haven't spoken to him since. (He's fine, by the way. According to Facebook he's a consultant, so good for him!)
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
. . . ****, I'm a consultant as well. Therefore when we meet up at the May Expo, you're all gonna ditch me aren't you V______________________V

I'VE GONE FROM KOOKY TO SOMEONE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO TALK TO WTF!?!

But anyway, as for me I dunno. In a sense I cut people from my life all the time, but not permanently and not with any real intent or motivation either, it just happens. I'll go for months without talking to loads of my contacts and then when a meet up is organized, I'll start talking to them a lot more and then after a meet up that recedes back into basically no communication until another meeting is organized.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair

Last edited by Overlord Drakow; March 20th, 2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I have never cut anyone out of my life and I don't plan to. Usually the reason for losing friends is just the natural parts of life where people move on and drift apart, but I am always gonna be there if anyone wants to rekindle the friendship.

"By force of will!"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here