The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami

Advertise here
Well yeah that's true, but what would an Ice/Fire Pokemon in your opinion look like?
I'm trying to think of one, but i can't

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Forever
let it go

I... can't imagine it either! But most of the things we can't imagine GF tend to do. Like the also desired fire/water, I'm 100% sure they'll find a great way to make it work and for it to be pretty strong.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
A fire breathing Snow leopard ?
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Fire breathing snow leopard sounds so awesome and badass! Now i really want to see GF pull that off! Fire/ Water would be a cool combo too :D

Old March 16th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Fire/water would have a lot of unfortunate weaknesses though, and even more than grass/water :(
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

speaking of water/fire , there's this really cool fakemon based on a pistol shrimp
Spoiler:

I would absolutely love to have some more pokemons with cannons.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Fire/water would have a lot of unfortunate weaknesses
Fire Water would only have 3 weaknesses: Electric, Ground, Rock, and the latter 2 can be countered with water, so that's a pretty good typing imo.

Water Grass has also 3 weaknesses: Flying, Bug, Poison, but no type to counter.

Old March 16th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh rite. But the only grass/water evolution line (only, iirc) has awesome stats/moves/ability to make up for it, so I assume with that in mind if there was a fire/water it wouldn't have the greatest stats/abilities because it has a great typing...?
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh rite. But the only grass/water evolution line (only, iirc) has awesome stats/moves/ability to make up for it, so I assume with that in mind if there was a fire/water it wouldn't have the greatest stats/abilities because it has a great typing...?
Well i guess it all depends. For example if you look at Sableye, he has no weaknesses, but his stats aren't all that good, so that would support your theory. On the other hand, if you look at the Poison/dark pokemon Drapion, his only weakness is Ground, AND he has pretty nice stats...
i guess it all depends on what GF and the programmers want. (i love Drapion btw :D)

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Well i guess it all depends. For example if you look at Sableye, he has no weaknesses, but his stats aren't all that good
But Sableye has the movepool to alleviate the stat issue, not to mention Prankster at it's disposal, so it pretty much doesn't even need any of it's stats bar probably Special Attack and Speed.

That said though, one thing I'd like to see is a Ghost/Psychic. Of course, Dark and Ghost would pretty much be it's only weaknesses iirc, and both of those being 4x might be an issue, but then again, number of weaknesses barely has any effect on competitive standing, you can just ask Celebi that. u___u;
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Electric/Grass
Dark/Water
Psychic/Bug
Ice/Bug
Flying/Fighting
Fighting/Bug
and Steel/Fire if it hasnt been done.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
There's been a lot of topic overlap for awhile now between new type combinations and new Pokémon that I don't think is going to be so easy to avoid since almost every new type combination has been mentioned and talked about already. That being said, I don't intend to just shut down the conversation, but instead redirect it elsewhere. You can continue to discuss what new type combinations you'd like to see in X and Y along with what new Pokémon you'd like to see represent these new type combos over in the now titled, "New Pokemon and New Type Combinations Speculation" thread.

[ Locked ]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here