The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM
PokemonMasterMatt
Dragon Trainer

Nature: Gentle
I have recently started a new game on Black 2 after completing it. I did OK but I am not up to scratch on my BW/B2W2 team building as much as my HGSS & DPPt.
In my last playthrough I had:
Samurott,Lucario,Hydreigon,
Excadrill,Magnezone and Terrakion.If you have any suggestions please say.I have not included move sets because I like to try and figure those out myself so just pokemon suggestions please

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
I'd suggest ditching your starter ASAP for an extra slot in your team and more variety.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Yazzo
Bad Egg

Nature: Brave
The reason I've posted this here is because Pokemon Light Platinum uses all the generations pokemon.

So, I was wondering and I have been for a while now, what pokemon should I have in my last pary slot? I'm playing Light Platinum ( the Ruby hack ) and I have these pokemon:

Piloswine - Lv53 with Oblivious ability
Swampert - Lv44 with Torrent ability
Hydreigon - Lv64 with Levitate ability ( Grinded like 4 hours for it :p )
Typhlosion - Lv46 with Blaze ability
and
Lucario - Lv46 with Inner Focus ability
+ that last empty slot

These are the pokemon I've been thinking about :
Venusaur
Drapion
Grumpig
Gengar
That psychic evolution of Eevee ( don't remember his name )
and
Drifloon (his evolution which i don't remember his name)
Raichu
That grass starter from pokemon Pearl / Diamond

I'd appreciate any pokemon you'd reccomend to my team, but most preferably a pokemon you know a trainer with pokemon around my levels can get in the Light Platinum game. ( I'm at the snow city, done nothing there yet. )
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
either Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra or Raichu because Lucario can learn Psychic and Shadow Ball
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Yazzo
Bad Egg

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraTheTruth View Post
either Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra or Raichu because Lucario can learn Psychic and Shadow Ball
Okay, so you think the grass pokemon is good, but why not Venusaur? I already have a ground type.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
d00bt00b
Genxo

I've just beaten the 8th gym in Pokemon Pearl, and my team is somewhat under-leveled.
My team:
Torterra LV. 37
Quagsire LV. 37
Rapidash LV. 40
Staraptor LV. 38
Toxicroak LV. 41

I need one more Pokemon to complete my team, but I don't know which. I was thinking either Weavile or Pikachu with a Light Ball (I have them both).
Also, what level should my team be before I challenge the Elite Four, and how do I level them up more because I've already fought most of the trainers in the region.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Cmanblast3

Nature: Serious
i would suggest weavile because its a dark and ice type, good against lucian who has psychic types and good against bertha who has ground types. im looking at a guide book right now and the champions pokemon are at lv.60. i would advise getting to lv.55. you would train using the vs seeker to rebattle trainers
i'm about to play leafgreen again and so far im thinking of getting squirtle, sandshrew, abra, grimer, scyther, and magmar. i dont really know if their good choices or not since i made this team out pokemon i havent raised yet.

Last edited by Cmanblast3; March 3rd, 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: forgot to add a part
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Wild_Squirtle
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
Ok, I made a thread that requested help with the elite four. After following that advice I decided I need to start a new game and focus on what people had said, and now have a bigger dilemma :L I don't know who to put in my team to face the elite four. These are the choices I have (Feel free to add in a pokemon you would use)

-Emolga
-Gigalinth
-Krookodile
-Stunfisk
-Fraxure
-Conkeldurr
-Pawniard
-Gothorita
-Elektrik
-Accelgor
-Excadrill
-Litwick
-Druddigon
-Cofagrigus
-Escavalier
--Sesmitoad
-Swanna
-Scrafty
-Emboar
-Vanilluxe

As you can see, theres a lot and im not too sure which ones would be better/worse ect so any team suggestions/moveset suggestions would be great thank you
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
So I need an electric type pokemon for my black two team. Should I choose the spider or the dog? I like them both, but don't really know anything about their stats. So which would y'all choose.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Murt93
Battle Amateur

Nature: Jolly
jolteon is much faster and old school but galvantula looks bad ass competitively I would choose jolteon but galvantula is awesome looking definitely a much better spider than ariados
Don't try to apply logic to Pokemon
You'll end up hurting yourself
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

When I compared both, Joltik + Electro Ball was a sweeper, but I pick Jolteon because it only has one weakness, and thus more resistant.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:57 AM
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City

Nature: Modest
Jolteon, crazy fast and high special attack. I have one in my team and he helped me win some tough battles.

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:30 AM
TEAM BLUE
Friendly Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to TEAM BLUE
Okies honestly idk where this thread should belong so if its wrong sorry and change it please.> _ <

Ok i started ev training my pokemon so they could stand a chance for online matches and so the question is Can i Train HP for 10 lvls then switch for DEFENSE Another 10 and all the other stats?So All my stats can be equal?Or do i have to just train 1 stat?
Also can i begin EV training at lvl 30?@ _ @
Sorry if you dont understand.> _ <
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
mozartm99

So I made a thread about my team and it got moved to who knows where so i will just post here.

I need an electric type for my B2 team but I don't know if I should go for Galvantula or Jolteon.
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
legendhunter14
Traveller of Kalos

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
So I made a thread about my team and it got moved to who knows where so i will just post here.

I need an electric type for my B2 team but I don't know if I should go for Galvantula or Jolteon.
Well that depends on what your team is. Galvantula has a unique type combination and knows some pretty decent moves. Jolteon would be my choice, because it has great speed and special attack.

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out! 2509-2086-5335
And check out my site; pokeswamp.wordpress.com
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
mozartm99

Cool thanks. I saw just now that my old thread got moved here, feeling like a total idiot now.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BLUE View Post
Okies honestly idk where this thread should belong so if its wrong sorry and change it please.> _ <

Ok i started ev training my pokemon so they could stand a chance for online matches and so the question is Can i Train HP for 10 lvls then switch for DEFENSE Another 10 and all the other stats?So All my stats can be equal?Or do i have to just train 1 stat?
Also can i begin EV training at lvl 30?@ _ @
Sorry if you dont understand.> _ <
You can do that but...
If you go this way... you will be obliterated in online matchups.
EV points in all stats might look interesting and it might sound that Pokemon will be great in every aspect but in fact it would mean that all your stats would only have 84 EV points... And compared to Pokemon who specialize in only 2 stats, you wouldn't hold much...
It's best to train only 2 most useful stats depending on what you want to use specific Pokemon.
And EV training can be done at any level.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Soile
Eevee Breeder

Nature: Quirky
I'm not having a lot of luck breeding, and it isn't that critical anyway, so I'm forcing myself to choose between these two Absols. The question is, do I take the nature I want or the ability I want?

Specifically, Adamant Pressure Absol or Quirky Super Luck Absol?
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soile View Post
I'm not having a lot of luck breeding, and it isn't that critical anyway, so I'm forcing myself to choose between these two Absols. The question is, do I take the nature I want or the ability I want?

You should choose Adamant Pressure Absol because it will help Absol and even with Super Luck, critical rate will be not as much high.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soile View Post

Well... the best set would be Adamant Super Luck Absol but... oh well...
It would solely depend on your Absol's set... but with Quirky, even the Super Luck won't help much, go for Adamant Pressure.
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:57 PM
cibir
Blaine's Apprentice

Hey! I've wanted to put together a fire-type team forEVER, and obviously there's a huge type disadvantage with Water. Now I have Black version, and have essentially all the Pokemon to date at my disposal.

So far, I'm basing my team around a Charizard and a Rapidash. I have not yet decided about the other members. I would be using it for battles with friends and my second victory against the elite four.

Does anyone have any suggestions about fire Pokemon that might be able to learn powerful grass- or electric-type moves? I would still be at a defensive disadvantage, but at least I could knock them out quickly.

Also, is there anything else I should know when building a fire-type team? Thanks.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibir View Post
Hey! I've wanted to put together a fire-type team forEVER, and obviously there's a huge type disadvantage with Water. Now I have Black version, and have essentially all the Pokemon to date at my disposal.

So far, I'm basing my team around a Charizard and a Rapidash. I have not yet decided about the other members. I would be using it for battles with friends and my second victory against the elite four.

Does anyone have any suggestions about fire Pokemon that might be able to learn powerful grass- or electric-type moves? I would still be at a defensive disadvantage, but at least I could knock them out quickly.

Also, is there anything else I should know when building a fire-type team? Thanks.
Most Fire types can learn Solarbeam.
Who you should add is Ninetales with Drought ability as your lead, not only to fire Solarbeams in one turn but also to decrease water power.
Another good addition is Arcanine with Wild Charge.
Also your Rapidash can learn Wild Charge.
There are some fire types that can learn Thunderpunch so the choice is yours
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Suskel
Absolute Zero

Hello! New member Suskel here with a plea for help.

I needed help building a casual all around team for my first Black/White 2 playthrough.
I don't know the game, where anything is, or anything concerning the pokemon.

Would anybody be able to work out a full, optimal team for me, using Glaceon, Serperior, and Ampharos so specifically?
My main focus is on all around gameplay. I wish to be ready for whatever this game throws at me.

I also have a friend who is able to send me other starter Pokemon if just Snivy won't cut it.

Thanks!
~Suskel
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
you can catch a mareep at flocesy ranch right past second town(its before your first gym battle)and u can catch an evee in castelia city(u find it by going into the sewers and goin up a set of stairs, they will be a area with regular and double pokemon grass with a tree in the center)to obtain an glaceon though before elite 4 u will haft to trade to a b or w version and go to twist mt to the icy rock.

for a fire type you can catch a magby(b2) or a growlithe in the virbank complex, or a litwick in the tower near the 6th badge. u can also catch rilou,psyduck, and azurill at flocesy ranch

Last edited by kingofbluesteel; March 22nd, 2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
ZakFaire
Unhatched Egg

Hello my friends!

I have been playing pokemon, casually, since I first for Pokemon Red back in the day. My first real video game. Recently, I've been getting back into it and decided to make a serious team.

Grass is my favorite type, despite some of it's pitfalls. But, besides them, I still want to train a team that I enjoy rather than selling out and taking Pokemon I don't like for their effectiveness. The lineup I chose is, I think, a pretty good team for basics.

What I need help on is Movesets; I am completely new to Generations III+, so am a little lost. Here's my team lineup.

Venasaur - Grass/Poison - Going to be one of my Tanks. He's got a lot of defense right now and is one of my oldest pokemon(got him from a friend from HG I think?). Probably want to use him as my first in the lineup, and give him some battle buffing abilities like Sunny Day. Thoughts?

Torterra - Grass/Ground - Another tankish Pokemon, his defense is great, but doesn't have as good resistances as Venasaur.

Virizion - Grass/Fighting - My newest team member, I really like this guy. The fighting in him gives him 6 resistances total, and 4 vulnerabilities. Very high special defense, which is kinda needed.

Tropius - Grass/Flying - Needed a pokemon with Fly, tbh. But, he's not a bad 'mon, just not as good as the other in my lineup.

Ferrothorn - Grass/Steel - A real beast. Huge pain to level up for some reason, but he's only got 2 vulnerabilities and a truckload of resists.

Lefeon - Grass - Probably my favorite, no idea why haha! My only Grass only, but he can learn some good moves.

If anyone has some links or guides on the best Grass-type moves, or certain moves that you think would benefit the team, would be much obliged! Also, any expertise you'd be willing to share on held items(right now I'm using a mixture of Big Roots, Miracle Seeds, and Scopes I think), would enjoy.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links