The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux

Advertise here
Have you ever been in a situation where you hated who you were, and what you had become?
If so, did you change, or embrace it?

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yeah. You ("you" being Roc) know what I'm thinking of while typing this.
At the time, I had no problem with it. Now I realize that I was a bit of a psychotic monster. It took me four or so months before I even tried to change. After several failed attempts, I did manage to change. Sometimes I consider going back to the way I was, but I know that it isn't worth how much I'll regret it in the future- and eventually having to go through this over again, once I decide to stop. [:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; March 14th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm usually okay with how I am in the present, but I will always and forever despise my past self. ^__^ And I'm sure I'll feel the same about this version of me some ways in the future. That's just how it goes.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I like myself for who I am right now although back when I was younger, looking back on it I despised my past self ;__;. I was wrong. I was stubborn. I didn't stand up for myself. If I could go back in time and change that, I would definitely do it. Not judge people by their looks, not being a stubborn mule and standing up to all the bullies who tried to make life miserable. Sigh, but I was young, still am. But I'm glad my ways have changed now and I love myself for who I am today, while trying to forget the past. :x
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

I love and hate my past self at the same time but if I had to choose a specific time in my life where I felt like **** really hit the fan it would have to be my time in middle school where I couldn't possibly be a bigger ahole.

Over time though I mellowed out and I'm not as talkative as I was back then so I'm far less annoying than I used to be back then.

This is the work of God.

Last edited by Ephemeral Euphoria; March 29th, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Starry Windy
The curious dude
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Yes, I was on it once, when I regret my past.
That caused me to become unsocial back then, but I managed to try to break that attitude.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:16 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Oh, hell yeah. I hate what I once was. I'm not even sure if I like who I am now.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Esper

My past self is dead to me. :D

I feel like this is how I'm going to go through life, always looking back in shame and disappointment with who I used to be. I bet I'll look back on this moment even and feel the same way.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:30 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I think everyone hates aspects of who they've been, but it's wrong and not necessarily healthy to hate who you were entirely. You just have to look back and realize that what you used to be lead to who you are now and that's all that matters at this point in time. :] I know realizing this has made me a happier person.
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I've never had people tell me that I've been a jerk, but I just realized it one day and decided to change. That was about two years ago, if I remember correctly. I hate my past self a lot, but I'm comfortable with who I am now so it's all good.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I used to be a ****ing annoying 12 year old weeabo who loved cheezburger(membase) and stupid **** like that. It was just ****ing stupid. Tobuscus, memes, narwhal bacon, squee, cat captions, the whole stupid **** load.

Now I hate immature things like that.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
My past self is dead to me. :D

I feel like this is how I'm going to go through life, always looking back in shame and disappointment with who I used to be. I bet I'll look back on this moment even and feel the same way.
^ This.

I like who I am the way I am right now, but who I am in the past is someone who I would not like to ever revert to. All I can do now is to learn from my mistakes and move on, acknowledging and bettering myself of my weaknesses and hopefully becoming more of a person whom I see myself to be in the future.

I urge everyone to do the same!

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

I didn't hate myself when I got out of high school but I wanted a new identity. So I tried to become outgoing, care more about fashion, and care less what other people thought of me as long as I was happy with myself. And it (mostly) worked. :3

'Hoy, small fry!
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Yes, lots of parts of me. I've changed a lot, but I'm sad because there are some parts of me that I can't physically change.
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I've kind of always hated myself or at least parts of myself, I just always have and wanted to change, but I dont know exactly what I need to change.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
For the longest time I was a self that I absolutely hated, but I didn't realise it because I told myself frequently that it wasn't true and that everything was temporary. It wasn't until recently that I started becoming a me that I actually like and it's only now that I realise exactly how miserable I was and how much I was fooling myself into thinking I was happy. I didn't know any better, but I do now :D

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
In present terms, I've always loved myself. Currently, I love myself. When I reflect back to the person I was though, there are moments I can remember where I'd just shake my head and think, "Wow, was that really me? Did I really do that?"
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:30 PM
zebraskin
Um... I like pizza!

Nature: Jolly
Who I used to be was an emo idiot that wanted attention. That part of me is dead now. Dead and buried in a hole.

I kind of hate who I am now, too, just because I curse so much. Lately at school I can't go three sentences without dropping the F-bomb. I need to hang out with other people who don't curse as much.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Put it off long enough Talli think...

I used to hate myself in high school because I was a really royal pain in the bottom to a boy in my History class. Still ponds on me today if only I had been kinder to him.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

The farther we go back, the more I despise who I was on the past. This, however, stops at about 11. It's when I became 12 where things went awry.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Scarlet Rhapsody

I love and hate my past self, while I really don't like who I have become. In the past, I was a little more caring and happy than I am now. But I was also a weeaboo and obsessed over the NiGHTS video game series. If I could become as caring and happy as I was in the past and still grow out of that stage, I would like my current self much more.

Old March 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I regret nothing. I don't hate my past self, because if I were never like that, I doubt I could be the person I am today, who I love!

Sure, maybe I was younger and more naive about things. Perhaps even ignorant or blind to things. But there's nothing despicable about not knowing. Personally the worst I can feel about my past self is pity that I didn't learn some things sooner. But even through that I know that my experiences shape me, and so all of them are an integral part of me.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here