The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Err... whoops, my bad xD
Sooooory 'bout tha :p I'll update the list as soona s I can, feel free to post after I revive the Ic thread (which should be within the next couple of minutes)

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:18 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Okay, two things!

First! deathbymanga: Since you've been accepted and have chosen a Slugma (that's been used prior to the beginning of the journey), you get...

Level 7
Magma Armor
- Yawn
- Smog
- Ember
- Flame Charge

Second! Vato, get on the pachydermous, personal percussion pad for discussionating private matters.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:24 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

if i read the rules right, our pokemon can also know any tm and egg move we want, right?

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
TornZero

No, they cannot. I've clarified this to someone else before, quite a few pages ago, so I guess it's due for reiteration: Unless the GM(s) specify that they have a TM or Egg Move, or a Hidden Ability, you're restricted to moves learned by level and the base ability/ies. However, you can PM or VM Vato and/or myself prior to making a post and work out Pokémon moves.

Level is entirely up to the GM, but you can use any learned-by-level moves within the proper range prior to capture.

Basically, if you want to be special, tell us first. Generally, though, making an enjoyable battle is the better, and more rewarding, road to getting a Pokémon with awesome stuff.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

She is now the Daughter of Gaia's Top Scientist.

Is that good?

Old March 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Seems like there's a lot of females in this RP aha

I'll take Pikachu please
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
TornZero

There used to be a lot more guys, but they all died, y'know?

Also, PIKACHU GET!

Level 5
Static
- Growl
- Thundershock
- Tail Whip
- Hidden Power {Water}

Old March 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Oooft, a water Hidden Power, that'll be interesting.

Should I start posting now?
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:41 PM
TornZero

Go ahead! Just make sure you start out somewhere near Littleroot Town, and if you need any help or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact Vato or myself. :>

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Hey. Are there any spots left? It's been a while since I was in this, but I think I'd like to rejoin.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM
TornZero

You really should have tried reading the first post. And Vato's and my posts in the RPD. >_> Seriously.

But yeah, you can sign up again, but you still need to make a new character.

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I hope my next post is fine, I plan on having a companion for a bit, not exactly sure how long is that fine?

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:07 PM
<Challenger>

BLAST FROM THE PAST!

Name: Forrest Top
Appearance: He has slender form, about 110 pounds and 5'6. He has long, brown hair the color of tree bark. He always wears a dark green long sleeved shirt with dark blue jeans. He has next to no upper body strength, but his leg muscles are powerful from his climbing trees and other such things. His eyes are a deep green. He always wears a pendant with a tall tree on it.
Personality: He's a shady young man. He never talks unless he's spoken to, and he avoids conflict whenever possible. He can run twice as fast as a normal person, and climbs like a pro. He's really smart, but people think he's as dumb as a log due to the fact he doesn't talk much. He's an outcast type of person.
History: He never really knew his parents, but he grew up in Fortree City, where the tree climbing was great. He lived with his grandfather who taught him the meaning of being reserved. He also taught him to never give up your dreams, and keep fighting for everything you believe in. He took these words to heart, and trained in the forest to follow his dream of being a ninja-like pokemon trainer. At the age of seven, he was already climbing trees swiftly and progressing in skill level. He finally reached the point of leaping from tree branch to tree branch. This pleased his grandfather greatly, and he gave him something: a pendant with a tree on it, so that he might never forget where he came from and what he accomplished. He lived with his grandfather until the age of fourteen, where he passed away. Forrest cried for days and days, but finally pulled himself together. A week later he turned fifteen, and he decided to set out on a journey.

And also I would like Sphea-I mean Treeko.

Last edited by <Challenger>; March 16th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
TornZero

@Khawill, a companion's totally fine. If you plan on making Selena a recurring character (or just a long-time companion), feel free to make a character sheet for them as well so it's easier to keep track of her.

@Hereto, I'm pretty sure I said "new character", not "copy and paste the wannabe ninja".

A little while after danaxe, standards kind of got bumped up. Khawill's character was re-accepted because Sara still met Vato's standards. I hope you know where I'm going with this so I don't have to actually say it, and don't think I don't know you can make a helluva lot better than that. I saw your Shattered Era character, and plenty more.

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM
<Challenger>

Alrighty. I suppose so. I'll start working on my SU tonight, and I'll have it finished within the week. Here's the alpha SU.

Name: Giovanni "Gio" Luca

Appearance: Giovanni is roughly 6'4, a bit taller than some of the guys his age. He weighs about 140 pounds and is well muscled. He has long black hair that hangs loosely around his head. It has the general appearance of being sweaty. His skin is tan, and his face is angular, his eyes are grey. He has a tattoo across his arm that says, "We'll all be saved in the end." He wears a black v-neck, black skinny jeans, and black van-like shoes. He has a muscular build. He looks rather attractive if you like tan, tall, deep-voiced men. He has an affinity for metal music, so he usually has a large pair of black headphones hanging around his neck.

Personality: Giovanni generally tries to pull of the whole, "I'm a badass and I don't care what you think about me," bit, but on the inside, he's sensitive. People automatically judge him by his heavy metal look and his heavy metal love. The first assumption is that he's a heartless jerk who only cares about himself, but this isn't true. He's just as caring as the next guy, but he's afraid to show it. He's just gone with other's accusations to make him a little more secure. If he takes you for a friend, you'd be perfectly safe until he lays dead. If you make an enemy of him, he treats you with cold indifference. He once fell in love, but the girl dissed him the worst way possible: When he tried to talk to her in front of the entire school, she laughed and said, "Crawl back in the grave you came from." He hasn't loved more than metal and some other things since. His parents weren't around a lot, so he needs a mentor.

History: Gio was born in Mauville City. His parents left him at an early age, so he was moved into an orphanage. He was very lonely from an early age, as the other kids tended to leave him to his own buisness.

Starter: Howler the Poochyena (Or Howler the Whismur if my request goes through)

Last edited by <Challenger>; March 17th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
TornZero

Sounds like a viking. Already like it better than Forrest.

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
<Challenger>

I've changed my mind. I believe he's going to be an Italian metalhead. WOO! GO METAL!

Now...I'm torn between Poochyena and Phanpy. Could I possibly have an exception for a Whismur?

Last edited by <Challenger>; March 16th, 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
TornZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Could I possibly have an exception for a Whismur?
No. We'll give you a free Zigzagoon, though! |D

Old March 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Aww but I have Zigzagoon, can't he have a rattata or bidoof?

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
(Or Howler the Whismur if my request goes through)
How about Howler the dopey Bidoof with Simple? :3
I seem to be getting a like for Giovanni Luca [that name makes him sound like an itallian mafia-guy, btu the description makes me picture a viking so ...Itallian Viking that loves Metal!!! :D]

Anyways... Keep the SUs coming guys, this place must get back from the grave! :D

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:06 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

Anyone wanna trade for a Delibird? With its rarity it should be a hard case to find and I don't want it at all. Level 1.

Also, um, if I read the rules right, my guy got +5 levels for battling and beating 5 Pokemon, correct?

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:12 PM
TornZero

In order to not take advantage of mass Pokémon battles, Slugma is level 12 now (up from the 7), but it isn't allowed to pass level 16 before you've gotten your first badge, no matter how many Pokémon you beat; it's also learned Rock Throw, as of level 10. At level 14, it'll learn Harden!

You have to keep track of your Pokémon yourself, but just keep a text file ready, or add it to the EtherPad linked on the first post.

Also, Vato and I can be pretty cruel sometimes with Pokémon captures. Wouldn't just be right if everything went the players' way, but we can be generous, too! |P

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:19 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

true, but Delibird is pretty crappy imo. At best it can be a way to fly from one town to the next, but I don't even have the flying gym badge, so that's pointless as well.

I take it that all the gyms here have the same strength level as they do in the game, correct? I did keep track of what level I got, i was just worried about whether or not what I had done was valid.

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:24 PM
TornZero

They're in correct order, but some of the gym leaders are significantly stronger than they'd be in the games for some reason or another, and their teams are changed up. Norman, for example, has a level 40 Slaking, rather than the low 30s.

Vato and I usually work the gym leaders and significant NPCs out well before you're allowed to reach the area they're in.

As for Delibird, you're kinda stuck with it now, unless you want to waste a Pokéball. :P I can see multiple comedic and useful uses for a Delibird.

Also, 1,000th post. |D

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

I guess I could make the Delibird my equivalent of a Psyduck or a Wabbufet, coming out whenever it wants and throwing random Presents at anyone it wants

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here