The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:40 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Spoiler:

How many children do you want in the future?

Old March 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Zero, none, no thank you. To much money, effort, time, etc. I'm far too selfish of a person to raise a child. Or 2-3 actually because I think it's better for a kid to have a constant companion during formative years. But yeah no kids. I'm going to have plenty of nieces and nephews. Fairly soon, actually, if my dumbass brother isn't careful.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:56 PM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
If I ever get married, I think I want to have at least two or three children. That's a good amount in my opinion. I know it's cliche, but I always wanted a boy and a girl. If I have three kids, then I want at least one girl and maybe 2 boy or the other way around.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I definitely want to have children in the future, probably 2, 3 at the most. I know it will be hard, expensive and very time-consuming, but i honestly can't wait. It has to be the greatest feeling in the world to be a dad, to take care of someone from the moment they are born and to see them grow and become a unique person

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
I want one..could be a son or daughter i don't know but if i could..i wish he will be a son! i want him to have his father's eyes,eyebrows and nose and hair color....he will be such a cute kid!!! <3

not that the girl won't be cute too!! if it's a daughter ..she will be silly like me! lol

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I already have one so I'll get her a little brother or sister so I'll end up with two or more children.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Zero. Children suck and they turn their parents into people who are even suckier. None, thank you please. I live my life for me, not procreation.

If I were to have one though, I'd adopt. I think it's selfish to bring more people into the world while there is even one that already exists and doesn't have a home.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I want one or two kids when I get a little older, but I want to be married and settled in before I do so.

"By force of will!"
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
When I'm ready and much much older, probably would want one tops.. I don't want to go through childbirth more than once.
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd like to have around 1-2 kids in the future, maybe even 3.

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Actually... I would like to have kids. I think two or three, a little girl and two boys.
To be able to watch them grow up, and teach them as much as I can. Until one day as they're leaving the nest, to look back to when they were in diapers, to their first crush, their biggest mistakes and how they learned and grew from then, their first job, teaching them to drive, that time they threw a party while me and their mother were gone for the weekend and almost got away with it... on that day, when they leave, I will be both indescribably proud and astronomically depressed.
But... it also depends on what my future wife wants. I'm not the one who has to go through childbirth!

[/hopeless romantic]

Of course, if our two became a four or maybe five that means... :3

[/if you know what I mean.]

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
One kid is fine. Two is asking for trouble, 3 destroys the psyche of the children. I would prefer to have one kid benefited from its existence, instead of 2 or more fighting over their inheritance, if any. Depends on what the wife wants too.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont think I want any children. The more I think about me having kids, the more stressed I become. I dont think I could handle taking care of one kid let alone more. I know it might look bad on me, but I don't know if Im selfless enough to give and give to another person like Id be expected to do for a child. I like the freedom I have in my life and I just dont know if I want that responsibility or am cut out for it.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:27 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't think I would make for a very good mother, tbh. Besides, I wouldn't exactly be a good example, unless I manage to hide a few things from them.

I dunno. I'm stupid and don't plan the future.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
If I were to have one though, I'd adopt. I think it's selfish to bring more people into the world while there is even one that already exists and doesn't have a home.
Some of my friends have kids. Others say they want kids. I always thought it was selfish to have kids when you can adopt. Then a while back they told me that at one point in their lives it was like a switch was flicked in their brains and they went from "Don't want kids" to "Want kids" almost overnight. That's never happened to me, and I'm glad because I don't want kids. To me it sounds like the onset of a sudden brain disease and/or indoctrination into a cult, but it does shine some light on why people have kids the old fashioned way. I find it kind of terrifying, actually.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I want to adopt a child, maybe two. I'm thinking about staying single, and I am planning to wait until I have the paid off the college debt, the house, and the car before I adopt, so I have extra money to do fun activites with my kids, like taking them on vacations and amusement parks, like when I was a kid. I also don't want them to worry about financial issues during their childhood, so paying off everything and being on my feet financially would make sure they have less worry over those things, and they could spend more time being a kid.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I want two children in the future. Originally I wanted two boys born about two years apart, but recently I've been persuaded that having a girl and a boy might not be so bad after all. I won't be upset or anything if I end up having more or less, but I think two's the ideal number since it's not too much to handle but they've got company and a brother/sister to be their friend for life. (Assuming they get on well at least ;p)
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Just the one I have now, thank you. I'm staying abstinent for the rest of my life just to make sure that there are no others because I just want to serve my time during her first 10-12 years and be done. Thank god the amount of scream-crying a child does gradually goes down or I'd have already ripped my hair out.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly, the older I get the more I'm sure I don't want any at all. Just doesn't seem worth it, and I am in no mood for romance right now anyway. But if I do, 1-2 at the very most. If I have kids I don't want a huge family. More than 2 sounds like too much effort for me. :(
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I don't think I'd plan having any children in the future to be quite honest. I'm young though so I still have plenty of time to think about it, although if I did I think I'd have two the maxium. I feel like it's a hassle raising three and also one might feel left out as well, I don't think I could handle it all to be honest. And for one, I don't want the child to feel lonely so I'd say two is the perfect number. Although I'd just adopt, the thought of childbirth and its pains terrifies me, also I would really like to give those kids a great life already, before bringing more into existence. :)

Also it'd be great teaching them all about Pokemon and games and watching them, giggling and smiling. It just leaves a warm sensation in me, thinking about it. Also I think I would adopt an African boy if possible. :3
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

If I have any kids at all in the future, I'd probably want two. I'd probably adopt since I have a particularly annoying health issue that would probably be passed on if I actually gave birth myself and I wouldn't wish it on any daughter of mine sooo it'd either have to be adoption or, should I end up with another female, her kid. :P Sometimes I get into this phase where I'd really like to have/raise kids and other times I snap out of it and go back to the "oh god too much work not in a million years" mindset.

Depends on if I end up with anyone long term and what their opinion on raising a family is like. I wouldn't want to have just one child because that sounds dreadfully lonely but I wouldn't want any more than two. I also wouldn't want to be a single mother because that sounds way too stressful and I wouldn't want to take on the challenge of raising kids all alone, so it's something I would definitely need a partner for. I think the idea of committing to a partner scares me more than the idea of childbirth or raising kids though. Wonder what that says about me? :P

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 18th, 2013, 12:06 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Sure, why not? I'd love to have a few kids in the future (most likely two; a girl and a boy). Right now though, and for a good ten years or so, I'm focussing on me and me alone -- I want to enjoy my life and explore the world before I decide to settle down. :]
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

I told my friend the other day that I wanted "one or less." Having children is one of those things that sounds super-awesome and extremely terrible at the same time. Supposing I did have one, though, I think I'd really want them to experience the bond I have with my own siblings, so if it felt right to me, then I just might adopt one or two more.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sylphiel
get away, run away, fly away

Nature: Quirky
If, if I had kids, then maybe I'd have one or two at the most. Nice little small family.

Big if though, since I'm actually somewhat terrified at the thought of going through childbirth, so yeah. I'm not exactly going to be gunning for having a lot of kids, if at all. :P

» Paired with Ausaudriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:40 PM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
I dont care much about kids. Maybe one or two at max. It realy depends on my economical situation. But Ill rather have a dog.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links