< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #3451    
Old March 11th, 2013 (5:19 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
I've often wondered why furries get such a bad rap myself. One of my roommates is a furry, and he has all the porn pictures on his laptop and my other roommate gives him a load of crap about it (affectionately and all in good fun, of course). I guess it's just another example of how people are too concerned with how other people get turned on.

As for your acceptance of self, EG, I'm really happy for you! Being honest about it might draw you some odd looks, but who cares really. There are people out there who will just be like "You wanna be a kangaroo? You be a kangaroo, good for you" and those are the kind of people you need to associate yourself with .

I've actually looked into otherkin a bit on Tumblr and while I do support them in their endeavour to be their happiest self, from what I've seen they do seem to encourage the hate toward them. They seem to try to be obnoxious just so that they can start internet fights. That's just what I've observed anyway. I realise you're not otherkin, that was just a tangential thought lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat


Relevant Advertising!

  #3452    
Old March 13th, 2013 (5:19 AM).
LaVida's Avatar
LaVida LaVida is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 105
Hey guys,
I know I'm rather inactive, I apolize for that.

I'm extremely happy right now because I've come to fully accept the fact that I'm bisexual. I've been in denial for... all my life, actually, but during those recent months, I've learned that it's ok. Now, I feel so relieved and I wouldn't change a thing about who I am. It's like a big burden fell off my shoulders.

I just wanted to post this because I thought it might give hope to people, who are still trying to accept themselves.

And sorry for being off topic.
  #3453    
Old March 13th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 1,464
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
Hey guys,
I know I'm rather inactive, I apolize for that.

I'm extremely happy right now because I've come to fully accept the fact that I'm bisexual. I've been in denial for... all my life, actually, but during those recent months, I've learned that it's ok. Now, I feel so relieved and I wouldn't change a thing about who I am. It's like a big burden fell off my shoulders.

I just wanted to post this because I thought it might give hope to people, who are still trying to accept themselves.

And sorry for being off topic.
Hey LaVida. <3

I hope you're back for sure now! If not, I hope you will be soon. :]

I'm so glad you posted that because, like you said, it does give people the confidence and hope they need to be able to come to grips with their sexuality. Although I haven't really questioned my sexuality ever in my life, I know many people do/have, and it can be a very strenuous process for any person to endure. It definitely is okay to be anything you want, really. We are so tied up with believing that we must follow everything society has declared is appropriate and within the norm, but that, frankly, should not be the way things work. Nevertheless, I'm so glad you've found your way around those "regulations" and are happy with who you are. I know I certainly would never change who I am, nor would I ever be able to, anyways.

So, I congratulate you! You've put a smile on my face, that's for sure. :]

Hope to see you around from time to time!
  #3454    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Time
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I've often wondered why furries get such a bad rap myself. One of my roommates is a furry, and he has all the porn pictures on his laptop and my other roommate gives him a load of crap about it (affectionately and all in good fun, of course). I guess it's just another example of how people are too concerned with how other people get turned on.
. . . lololol, yeah, gotta love the furries.
And, that wasn't exactly sarcasm. xD
My sister likes to poke fun at my being a "furry-freak" . . . I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but yes, I do quite enjoy them, lol.

Anyways
I'm about to go off topic
but I don't even know exactly what the current topic is, soooooooo

A little while ago (about two hours ago, actually) my English class was in our school library to start picking topics and doing research on our Freshman Thesis Papers. To start off, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do as my subject, but the two that came to mind, of course, were violence in video games and all of the wonderful topics surrounding the LGBTQLONGACRONYMHERE community. My friend decided to do Teen Suicide, so she kind of dragged me along to search for books before I could seriously decide what topic I wanted to do. So, while we were back there, I decided on gay marriage.

While we were selecting books, another girl from our class walked up to search for some feminist-women'srights-whatever books, because she was debating doing that as her topic, but she wasn't sure how she wanted to argue it. We had all started to talk, and I was having a bit of trouble finding the books on homosexuality, so I voiced that little issue. The one girl, whom we shall call . . . uh . . . Hawkgirl (xD no reason for that whatsoever) asked what my topic was. I responded, and then she asked if I was for or against it. I said "for" and she said something like "Thank God" followed by a vivid description of how my neck would have been cut and body shoved in the corner if I'd said against. (It was actually funny, and she's not violent. She's actually the kind of genius girl that's into all of the debate stuff, lol.)

Blahblahblah, I found my books and we all kind of sat there, searching for the right books and flipping through them. Eventually Hawkgirl decided to do Transgender persons as her topic. We got into this random conversation that I don't really remember and eventually we somehow got to her saying that she was mostly so adamant about this stuff because she was pansexual. (before she'd said that, she had asked me if I'd had a Tumblr because I knew terms like "pansexual" and "demisexual", which most people don't seem to xD) She was unsure about saying that to us, and later commented on how now only six people in the school knew, and her family didn't. When she was in the middle of the whole "oh don't tell anyone now I'm embarrassed" type of speech, I was all like "it's okay, I'm gay, lol"

I said that with my friend standing right next to me, and she was like "What?! *gasp* Really? *freakouttime*" and such and so on. Now, I had never really tried to hide it from her. I'd actually stated it a few times, but people just thought I was kidding, lol. I had even planned to introduce her to my ex at our school play a few days before, but stuff got screwed up and I was delayed to see it for an extra night.

Lol. The stuff you can learn when you get into random conversations like this. I might have an idea on a few more LGBTQLONGACRONYMHERE in my school now, lol. It's all sooooooooo long. Pfft.

Anyways, that's it, really. d:

Now I get to read a bunch of books on homosexuality to take notes on and stuff, lol. The first of which is What Causes Sexual Orientation? Genetics, Biology, Psychology which sounds interesting and has a cute cover, lol.

EVI

this is a secret
  #3455    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
@Nakuzami: For some reason, that whole thing just made me laugh really loud. *derp*

Also,
Ahh... The wonders of unrequited love from both genders...
I could get rejected twice as much! *whoo*

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3456    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Time
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,401
Lol, yeah, it was rather amusing. xD

Hmph.
Unrequited love.
I hate that little beast.

EVI

this is a secret
  #3457    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:22 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Lol, yeah, it was rather amusing. xD

Hmph.
Unrequited love.
I hate that little beast.
Yep, hate it too...
Oh well, off to drawing anthro's and playing Pokemon all day.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3458    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,649
With all the buildup in that story I was expecting something much more dramatic to happen at the end. But I guess since this is real life and not a movie it's okay for things to just end normally with no one getting their feelings all twisted in a knot.

team rowlet もふう!
  #3459    
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Time
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,401
I know, it's disappointing.

Wouldn't it be awesome if life liked to act like television, throwing the most depressingly tragic and unrealistic crap at each of us, only to end in either our happy endings or redeeming deaths? Lol

But hey
now I have more information to walk around school with
and I know a person
that I want to ask something
so maybe I'll have more to say tomorrow. xD

EVI

this is a secret
  #3460    
Old March 13th, 2013 (1:04 PM).
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 1,464
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
I know, it's disappointing.

Wouldn't it be awesome if life liked to act like television, throwing the most depressingly tragic and unrealistic crap at each of us, only to end in either our happy endings or redeeming deaths? Lol

But hey
now I have more information to walk around school with
and I know a person
that I want to ask something
so maybe I'll have more to say tomorrow. xD
That story was rather awesome to read, and I'm glad all ended well. It's not every day you hear these types of stories ending well, especially when these situations occur in high school (I'm assuming you're in high school). ;]

And it also seems to be getting good, too! You better let us know what happens! xD
  #3461    
Old March 14th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
So I think I'm falling for my roommate, and I doubt very much that he feels the same way about me.

This is a problem.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #3462    
Old March 14th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
So I think I'm falling for my roommate, and I doubt very much that he feels the same way about me.

This is a problem.
This is exactly how I felt when I fell for my band mates...
And they were dating each other at the time.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3463    
Old March 14th, 2013 (10:34 PM).
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo EGKangaroo is offline
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 400
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Hmm, that's problematic. I'm by no means experienced in dealing with unrequited love, or pretty much being in love with anyone I know to be honest, but I think the first and most important thing to do is to just be an amazing person to him, which shouldn't be too difficult for you. It's a little step, but you kinda need a way to tell for sure how interested he is in you without freaking him out.
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

  #3464    
Old March 15th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
I'm already doing my best to be my best around him at all times lol. The thing is we kind of have a friends with benefits thing going on but he's much more confident and social than I am so I'm pretty sure that's all he sees it as, and while that's pretty awesome in its own right I want more.

But again, he's been out way longer than I have and he's got a lot more life experience (socially speaking, not sexually... well sexually too probably but that's not what I'm getting at) and a lot more people in his life, so I'm sure to him I'm just one among the crowd.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #3465    
Old March 16th, 2013 (9:51 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,649
Andy, your situation sounds exactly like all the 'friends with benefits' stories I've heard, which honestly aren't that many, but still. One isn't interested in romance and the other falls. My friend went through this and it was hard to watch because it's like watching someone with unrequited love only more.

team rowlet もふう!
  #3466    
Old March 17th, 2013 (3:53 PM).
Alakazam17's Avatar
Alakazam17 Alakazam17 is offline
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 3,934
I can't say I've ever found myself in your situation Andy, but I'll have to agree that it's a hard position to be in. All I can suggest it telling him how you feel, and see what happens from there. I know it's easier said than done, but I think it's better than staying where you are. I wish you the best.

So I've been sitting around trying to come up with a topic for my gender politics essay, and my instinct keeps telling me to focus on feminism in the lgbt community, or with transgender folks specifically. I'm thinking of writing about intersectionality, and the problems faced by transfeminists in the larger feminist community. Some of the excerpts from books on the subject have been pretty insulting, like in this Wikipedia article. =/

Though if I write this, I'll most likely be outing myself to my marker, and possibly even my discussion group. I have butterflies regarding both issues, but generally I don't really care. I'm also well aware of the big ol' library of research materials in the lgbt centre at my university....I just haven't outed myself to anyone at school yet, let alone walk through those doors. I'm hoping this'll be a perfect opportunity to do just that, unless of course the butterflies take over and I decide to instead write about women's parties in Nigeria or something. xD
  #3467    
Old March 21st, 2013 (8:19 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,649
Okay, this is just my own preference, but I think you should totally go with the feminism angle. I know I'd like to see some of those things in the wikipedia article questioned and refuted. I mean, there are so many gaps in the arguments they just ask to be taken on.

team rowlet もふう!
  #3468    
Old March 21st, 2013 (9:17 AM).
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels Barrels is offline
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Three thousand miles from home
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 82
@ Nakuzami:
THAT STORY WAS BRILLIANT :D and so funny and I loved the happy ending. Are you a writer? You sound like one. Either that or you've just got an instinctive grasp of all le tricks

@ EGKangaroo:
Quote:
It's the exploration of the self we're talking about, and I deem it worth it to put every last strain of effort into it to make sure that I can create the me that I feel best inside of.
Nicely put, and I'm in complete agreement with the sentiment.

More broadly... you seem to be a damn sight better adjusted than the vast majority of people I know, self included, and a lot more comfortable and confident. I gots nothing but admiration and support for ya. Also, your discussion of facticity was *fascinating*. I've never really delved far into Sartre et al, but after what you said, I might just have to rectify that.

It's the weirdest thing, isn't it? To take your example, 'a man without legs would be the happiest person in the world' if we finally invented robotic prosthetics. So my first thought was that you were arguing that that isn't a negative thing - because the possibility of that happiness would be extinguished had he been born with legs.

Now, the obvious response to that is, 'what, so you're arguing we should all be born minus our limbs, that way we could maximise *potential* happiness?' Which is, of course, about as much use as potential wealth. (Namely jacksh*t.) But, if I'm reading you correctly that's not at all what the existentialist argument is.

It is instead that there are some things we want, but can never have. And further, had we been born in possession of said things, we'd be radically different creatures - perhaps unrecognisable. So we'd gain everything but lose everything at the same time.

I guess the crux of the matter is this. Sex changes are about changing the body to suit the mind - but in so doing, you don't lose anything about you, which is lovely. But species changes would be so much more - you'd end up losing yourself, essentially. You, wonderful, mysterious, complicated creature that you are, you couldn't fit into a kangaroo's mind. So, exactly as you say, 'the facticity wouldn't be there anymore. [You'd] just...well, be a kangaroo, and that kangaroo would be none the wiser.' I might hesitantly add (without meaning to cause any offence at all!) that the kangaroo wouldn't be you, either. So you're genuinely better off being you - in fact, it doesn't even make sense to say 'you' would be better off as a kangaroo, because 'you' could not ever become a kangaroo without losing the essence of 'yourself'.

(Doesn't mean that one day we might not be able to put a human mind into a kangaroo's body! And that would be pretty awesome. But I guess what I'm saying is that you couldn't put a human mind into a kangaroo's brain.)

(Um. Obviously.)

...Reading that back, I've basically just repeated you, argued a point nobody was questioning and come to the triumphant conclusion that kangaroos are not human. Jeez. I've half a mind to delete this... but hell, it's late, and maybe someone will get some use out of it.

(Or maybe not.)

Ramona Flowers
  #3469    
Old March 21st, 2013 (12:28 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2013 by EGKangaroo.
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo EGKangaroo is offline
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 400
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Yeah, you kinda made the exact same point as I did, except you made it sound like a counter-argument to itself, thus not counter-arguing it anymore or...something? Just think of it as a dog eating its own tail; It's simpler that way.

There are of course problems with wanting to become a "full" kangaroo, which'd be impossible if you've already been a human. That kinda comes with the mind-body dilemma, if I am correct. Since the mind by itself is a physical thing, that wouldn't really fit into a "full" version of the creature without that thing not being "full" anymore. The physical mind is the thing where we store our 'true' essence, you could say.

Also, I wasn't particularly arguing that we ought to be born without legs. Some people lose their legs during accidents. When that happens, and they've known what having legs is like and can only live a sincere life when they have those legs back, then we can say, yeah, getting prosthetic limbs is a very positive thing. Let's say that we're all born without legs, we might end up with a whole wide group of people who don't really go through the despair of having lost their legs and not being able to fulfill some condition to live their lives authentically. There are some (usually most of them) people who are just fine with the gender, species, physique, whatever they're born with, so...it's really one of those issues where we just oughta be happy when the veil of despair is finally lifted. Or, well, to better explain it, in the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, when Deckard found a bunch of toads he thought to be extinct, which were Mercer's favourite animals, he learns after a while that the toads were actually mechanical, and he spoke the pretty well-known sentence "The electric things have their life too. Paltry as those lives are." The same way, if we were all born without legs for the sake of the potential, we will just end up with a whole bunch of legless people who'd be all like "'kay, cool."

As you said yourself, were we born exactly the way we want to be, we'd be radically different creatures, with a completely different desire of what to be, and we'd be back to square one. And even when you later become what you want, you can't fully become it, as though you've been that for as long as you can remember, because the past needs to be carried with you, otherwise, it's not your essence that is living your dream, it's something else. I think that can be compared to one person with memory loss and a criminal history, and another person without memory loss and that same criminal history. The first one will be able to lead a pretty 'normal' life; though he's not taking that past essence with him, while the other one might say that his past is trapping him in his life of crime. And hell, even with sex changes, part of the thing is that we're perfectly able to transfer a male mind to a female body and vice versa, though with that, we literally have a male mind (though its gender is female and it does have the strongest desire to be female) inside a female body, even in this case, the facticity remains, that essence of a male not feeling at comfort with what he is born as still needs to be taken along with them if they get a sex change operation. Every human mind is fantastically different too. We can't want to be the perfect copy of someone/something else and at the exact same time wish that we're ourselves. I would never want to get rid of that part of myself that found these wishes I have and the solace I've found along with them.

So, yeah, I am probably just bounding (not a kangaroo pun at all, nossir) around from topic to topic to basically say what you said, which is that you repeated what I said as well. So we are just repeating repetitions now, which is always fun to do.

Also, as much as I like the philosophy, I can't stomach Sartre's comparison of science with a type of bad faith and all the silliness of people claiming that analytic and continental philosophy are incompatible with each other. Maybe I'd be cool with Kierkegaard. Or maybe I should just follow whatever I like myself and name it sexistentialism. *nods*
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

  #3470    
Old March 21st, 2013 (1:16 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Time
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I'm already doing my best to be my best around him at all times lol. The thing is we kind of have a friends with benefits thing going on but he's much more confident and social than I am so I'm pretty sure that's all he sees it as, and while that's pretty awesome in its own right I want more.

But again, he's been out way longer than I have and he's got a lot more life experience (socially speaking, not sexually... well sexually too probably but that's not what I'm getting at) and a lot more people in his life, so I'm sure to him I'm just one among the crowd.
Last I heard, you had a boyfriend. I think. Perhaps I should check back here more often. .-.
But . . . I know the feeling.
Still trying to get out of it.
It sucks, although my situation seems . . . backwards compared to yours.
Personally, I would try and voice my feelings before he went off and found someone else.
If that doesn't work . . . then, at least you can say you tried. Dragging something like that out only makes it worse. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Andy, your situation sounds exactly like all the 'friends with benefits' stories I've heard, which honestly aren't that many, but still. One isn't interested in romance and the other falls. My friend went through this and it was hard to watch because it's like watching someone with unrequited love only more.
Ahaha, yeah. That kind of feeling sucks. A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
@ Nakuzami:
THAT STORY WAS BRILLIANT :D and so funny and I loved the happy ending. Are you a writer? You sound like one. Either that or you've just got an instinctive grasp of all le tricks :)
Um, yes, actually, I am. xD Although I wasn't really trying to sound like one with that post, lol.

The only thing that's happened that relates to that story in any way is the fact that we're in the library every class for the paper I mentioned, and it just so happens that one of the two people in my school (in my life, really) that I strongly dislike happens to be there with his class at the same time, every time. I don't hate him (but I hate the only other one of the two with a burning passion . . . for reasons. REASONS.) but I seriously don't like being that close to him for eighty minutes every other day. Granted, I just noticed him last class and he doesn't really come up to me or anything. I noticed him because I had been looking around for a moment for a stapler, and he was sitting back in his chair, facing away from the computer and at me, giving me this . . . annoying look, along with a few of his friends. The look was mainly annoying because it was on his face. xD
(^Random pointless update. Nothing else exciting has occurred, really. Although, word about myself has spread to a few more people, lol. That reminds me . . . )
The other day my friend came up to me and tried to "claim" me as his gay friend, saying that the other girl I hang out with already has enough gay friends. xD Another one of the girls I hang out with also claimed me as her gay friend, saying that I wasn't a . . . uh, annoying like the other gays in the school she knows. x3 It's been rather amusing, actually.

EVI

this is a secret
  #3471    
Old March 23rd, 2013 (1:22 PM). Edited March 23rd, 2013 by Barrels.
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels Barrels is offline
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Three thousand miles from home
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 82
Quote:
Let's say that we're all born without legs, we might end up with a whole wide group of people who don't really go through the despair of having lost their legs and not being able to fulfill some condition to live their lives authentically.
Yeah, exactly! It's like the alien example - say there's a species somewhere in the universe that are absolutely identical to we humans, except they have zaks. Now. We don't know what zaks are, we've never encountered them as humans, but what we do know is this: the aliens have them, and we don't.

But should we get upset about not having zaks? Course not. Because there are an infinite number of attributes we or any other object could have, but don't. Some good, some bad, but here's the thang:
Quote:
Were we born exactly the way we want to be, we'd be radically different creatures, with a completely different desire of what we want to be, and we'd be back to square one.
We're never happy, we sentient beasties. Unless you're born perfect, there'll always be something you wish you could change - but you can't be born perfect, because 'perfection' is an entirely subjective concept which would necessarily change the moment you became it. (Because you, the subject would have changed, so your conception of perfection would have changed, too.) And that's even without questioning whether anyone should, could or does want to be perfect in the first place.

Quote:
Or maybe I should just follow whatever I like myself and name it sexistentialism. *nods*
YES. Can I *please* be the second ever sexistentialist? :D (Also, thank you for teaching me all this stuff! Iz awesome, now I know what facticity means! My horizons have been all broadened and sh*t. )

EDIT: Also, @ Nakusami

He probably just really hates staplers. I know that whenever I see an ominously extended metal device with the capacity to fire tiny strips of metal through innocent paper, I get all tense and jumpy. (Though maybe that's just me.)

And haha, those sound like funny reactions. Good ones, too! You sound like a pretty awesomely confident person, too :D coming out at 14, that's amazing. I'd doff my cap if I wore one.

Ramona Flowers
  #3472    
Old March 23rd, 2013 (6:25 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
I still feel very conflicted about his "coming out" thing...
I want to do it so bad but, I just never can....
I feel like a coward...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3473    
Old March 24th, 2013 (9:40 AM).
Hann's Avatar
Hann Hann is offline
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
I still feel very conflicted about his "coming out" thing...
I want to do it so bad but, I just never can....
I feel like a coward...
I know the feeling. I've been thinking more and more about it lately (it was actually one of my or my only New Year's resolutions) and sometimes I get so close and then I just back out again. The one thing I noticed is how many chances I actually get, but maybe that's just because it keeps running through my mind.
So, I also have quite a hard time about 'coming out' to anyone, but just remember that you're not alone in this. Just believe it'll work out and don't get too stuck on it. I find that sometimes you just have to be able to tell yourself that it wasn't meant to be told now and to move on to the next moment (don't really know if this 'advice' counts as I'm still stuck in the closet, but meh, I tried).
Challenges:
In Progress

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Victreebel (Ruby), Golem (Sapphire), Weezing (Blue), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Pinsir (Red), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Suicune (Fire Red), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green, Ruby), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Rock (Soul Silver), Steel (Platinum)
  #3474    
Old March 24th, 2013 (11:36 AM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by EGKangaroo.
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo EGKangaroo is offline
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 400
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
I have those moments too many times, where I am thinking that I really should come out in front of my parents, but everytime, it happens at a time that just doesn't feel right, because of something important always having intruded just before I want to tell, and I end up going "No, this isn't the perfect moment, let's wait 'till next week so I can tell it at just the most insuspicious moment I can find." Queue years passing of keeping silent about it.

And it's not like my mother picks the perfect moments to talk about my sex life with me, like at a crowded bus stop. Because it's absolutely not embarrassing to say that you'd be totally cool with it if your son were gay, and you're totally not saying your son is, but just that if he were you'd still love him. "So do you think you might be gay?" "How come you never come home with a girl from school?" "is there someone in your class you feel attracted to?" "*insert inappropriate question here that everybody within a 25 foot proximity can clearly hear*"

Just...why?!

Also, Barrels, you can totally be the next sexistentialist. We'll need to put up our new manifesto soon.
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

  #3475    
Old March 24th, 2013 (7:38 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Guys...
I think I may be falling in love...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:47 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top