• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah that's the one thing I hated about Amy and Rory, and I'm kinda miffed that Moffat is doing it for Clara as well. However, the universe seems to not be revolving around her as much as its the universe or some other force(I'm still betting its the Silence behind her appearance everywhere)pushing her into the doctor's life to get him to remember something. Again, the Silence have been forgotten up till now, we still have the Fall of the Eleventh that is a major plot point, so we'll see. Something tells me Clara is gonna be like Rose, in that she is another companion who witnesses the doctors regeneration and travels with the 12th for a season or two.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah that's the one thing I hated about Amy and Rory, and I'm kinda miffed that Moffat is doing it for Clara as well. However, the universe seems to not be revolving around her as much as its the universe or some other force(I'm still betting its the Silence behind her appearance everywhere)pushing her into the doctor's life to get him to remember something. Again, the Silence have been forgotten up till now, we still have the Fall of the Eleventh that is a major plot point, so we'll see. Something tells me Clara is gonna be like Rose, in that she is another companion who witnesses the doctors regeneration and travels with the 12th for a season or two.

YES, I'm not the only one thinking that The Silence is behind this as well. I'm really hoping we see the end of River's saga with the Fall of Eleventh at the Fields of Trenzalore. We know River is there from one of the mini-sodes (Night I think?), so I'm hoping that it would end there for her. As far as Clara and the Silence goes, I really hope it connects the two of their characters somehow, but I have no idea what they'd be able to do with that.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If it is the silence, they somehow got her to remember them without the eyepatch. So that there is a start on how they can make them connect. Now how exactly would that work, I dunno. Cloning maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQu3MvRySA
Posted this post again thanks to ^, a new trailer. Unst Unst Unst, that 707 bit is amazing. Fields of Trenzalore at the end?!
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/16/doctor-who-trailer-matt-smith/
Same trailer more footage.
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-series-7-part-2-posters-46206.htm
Posters for the first 4 episodes. Hide looks and sounds amazingly horrific.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I have no idea which episode the "I am the Doctor, and I am afraid" line is from, but I'm definitely looking forward to that one the most. If there's something that can genuinely scare the Doctor THAT much, it has to be good.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Which part has it? I have no audio. If its in the forest, then yeah that episode looks to spectacular. So much is gonna happen this time, I can feel it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yup, it's the forest one. It looks incredible. Honestly I was feeling rather meh about the rest of the season, but after the trailers I can genuinely say I'm pumped up for it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Something also tells me we got a glimpse at some sort of Silent in the trailer, right at :32. I seriously can't wait for this to turn out to be the season of the silence, simply because I love what they mean for the series. Dalek and Cybermen? Eh the doctor is irked and super pissed off at them, but the Silence? Gives him a run for his money, and then some.

And indeed. The trailer does wonders. The series feels so much more grounded, but classic at the same time. Some of the stuff seen though, holy crap. Tardis on a 707? SOLD.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I feel like the entire first half of season seven has just been very bland. Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was just...ugh. Angels Take Manhattan made me go from loving the Weeping Angels in Blink to hating them. It just gives me hope that Moffat is pulling his head out of his butt and giving us a great season 7.5. Not that the first half is all on him, he didn't write every episode, but as head writer he should be able to change the stuff that was just silly.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Season 7 was alright for me, although some of the episodes were rather dull and painful to watch. Angels in Manhattan for me was a tragic but well-thought out episode, you would never expect the Doctor's companions to suddenly poof away, they're giving you the unexpected in my opinion. At least that's from my point of view, I was thinking any minute the Doctor would come in out of nowhere and whisk them to safety before trying to fight off the angels. But it's interesting though the outcome of that episode, because it's usually in most shows at least the good people or the protagonists win without anyone dying or disappearing rather than evil truimphing.

And I don't know Season 7 was good for me at least except for maybe Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, it wasn't particularly special. The only amusing or entertaining part for me was watching the man getting covered in dinosaur saliva and even that's only for a brief part of the episode. I'm hoping Season 7.5 will have a little more action along with interesting episode plots. :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Are you kidding? Season 7 was amazing! We had a new kickass Doctor and brilliant ginger scientist Liz Shaw and having the Brig around all the time was awesome!

Er but yeah series 7... not so great. I actually liked the Power of Three best, even though the actual villain was kind of poor. It had just the right amount of cheese and comedy that I like~ And Kate Stewart oh bby girl she has to come back please and thank you. And I'm really sad that we probably won't see Brian again. :( He was just extremely great.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nothing from the first half of S7 stood out for me much. I guess I liked pretty much any scene with Brian because he's brilliant. The rest... I dunno, I found it really forgettable and if it wasn't forgettable, it's only because I didn't like it and ranted about it a little. So it's been kind of hard to get my hopes up for the latter half but I'm still hoping Clara will be great.

Years
Username: DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Favorite Doctor: Jon Pertwee

Favorite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

The only two episodes in Series 7 I haven't liked so far is The Ayslum of the Daleks (Perhaps the worst Nuwho episode to date.) and Angels in Mannhatten. It was amazing on it's first view (I was in tears, tbh.), but repeated views suddenly make the episode seem very forced. Although it did handle the Angels alot better than the 2 parter from Series 5.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
I'm excited and also disappointed I was spoilt for the news almost as soon as it broke, haha... although I doubt I'd be able to pay even partial attention to the fandom and not know by the time the 50th Anniv special airs.

Spoiler:

(That said, maybe the news should be in spoilers? :P)

Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Username: U_Flame
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Hmm, toughie. I'd say Amy and Rory. Or just Amy.

Are you me? :laugh: Although I'd lean more towards Rory being my favorite than Amy. Though I guess I should do a proper application:

Username: Radio Rebel
Favorite Doctor: Tennant
Favorite Companion: Rory

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Username: コナンくん
Favorite Doctor: Tenth Doctor - David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Rose Tyler - Billie Piper

I recently got into this series. I feel in love with it from the start. I am on season 5 right now. Tenth Doctor is my favorite character, Rose is my second.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
What is doctor who?

Well I'll tell you who he is, and not what the show is. He's a Time traveler...​

He is called 'The Doctor' not 'Doctor Who'. Neither is he called 'Dr. Who'.

Also technically he is not just a time traveller. He travels in space and time, technically if you really think about it he never exists in one place. He honestly can be everywhere at once, even in different incarnations. We're watching 11 right now, but remember, somewhere in space and time, all the others are still living and doing their work. An incarnation of the Doctor is never dead/gone.

Sweet Rassilon, please fix that. In fact, that whole intro... First off, the Doctor isn't even human, you just, ah, happen to not mention that. He looks human (or do humans look Time Lord?)

You know, the Regeneration thing, and two hearts, plus multiple other things.

Seriously, all and all, not the best intro, but if someone is planning on joining the club than they must already know the show in the first place so in theory it's probably not a big deal. You know unless a new person to the show comes along and wonders what it is or something. They might get a bit confused.

Anyways, I was a rather active member in the old thread before it died last season, so I might as well try again.

Username: Seriously? It's up there, see? The top of the post? Next to that picture?
Favorite Doctor: In order fav to least fav; 10, 5, 9, 4, 11, 8, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6.
Favorite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

I am a true TARDIS blue Whovian.

Thoughts on series seven thus far... I am not impressed in the slightest. (Just like EternallyAnna if it's over two months old I'm not spoiler-ing it) Amy and Rory's leaving was... I felt it was rather half done and the episode moved far too quickly and the plot behind it all was sloppily written.

In fact this whole series has been sub par, and I really expected more of Moffat than this. I just hope this is a small hiccup. What I really hope is that whatever happens, the 50th Anniversary is going to be done well, and in a tasteful manner that won't be ripping out the stll beating hearts of die hard fans who have been watching this show for decades, and even for the new fans who have been watching it for nearly another decade in its reboot.

Also, there are no words to express my rage at the end of season 6. None at all. It almost ruined the show for me. If Moffat can't pull his head out of his ass and fix it they will have lost a die hard fan and simply have gained someone that watches the show.

Back