The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:25 AM
AlphaZephyr
Unhatched Egg

How do you get gligar or gliscor?
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZephyr View Post
Gligar is normally Pokémon #207 in the National Dex. Due to imports from 4th and 5th Gen. in this hack, some had to be removed.

Pokémon #207 in the Zhery and Lauren regions is Froslass. Which, in the current version, is not catchable. I've incorporated a catch spot for it on a future update.

Naturally, this means Gliscor is also absent.

I've actually just started working on an index of Pokémon catch locations, coincidentally. Once I finish Zhery myself, I will jump ahead into Lauren using AdvanceMap and see if I can find other locations. I want to be careful to avoid listing areas that are in the hack but not visitable in-game.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 15th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Seth409

How do you get the alpha tablet?
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:10 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth409 View Post
How do you get the alpha tablet?
Two are found in the desert while the Prof has the last one
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I think the answer was directed at the alpha tablet in Steam HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZephyr View Post
Wesley has created page for these kind of questions.
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokedex.html
This has the list of Pokemon. 5th generation ones are in Japanese (which is better )

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I think the answer was directed at the alpha tablet in Steam HQ.
Yeah, let's space it out. There are three tablet pieces.
- One is destroyed (but later revealed not destroyed, hmmph) in Central City.
- The second is acquired by Juniper riding a Flygon.
- The third is your job, at Steam HQ, after getting badge #7. Interestingly, Snowce City the first time you can continue beyond the city without the badge a fair way, in fact all the way to Drakebreath if you want to unlock the Fly option, but Steam HQ is blocked until you get the seventh badge. Found that out hacking my way backwards from Serenity City, and the Route 416 rival script doesn't even trigger at the entrance right away (probably have to trigger the one in Route 414 first, I'm working on that discovery).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Wesley has created page for these kind of questions.
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokedex.html
This has the list of Pokemon. 5th generation ones are in Japanese (which is better )
I'm doing one better. I'm working out a list, like in many official walkthroughs, of how to acquire every single one. It'll be part of a full walkthrough sooner or later. Gligar and Gliscor, however, I can confirm from this work are not available.

As for 5th Gen., in Japanese, this is NOT better. The current patch has English names. It should include those on the list. Therefore, mine will include English names.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Haven't been here for a while.

A note about the Venipede thing from a few pages back, I fixed all the other experience problems, but left Venipede as very high experience because it was memorable from my playthrough and there's nothing wrong with bugs that help you out. It was a bug originally, but now it's intentional. Think of it as an easter egg.
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Da_Man32
Togepi

Hi guys. Great game. I need some help. I just got my free Rotom in Lendyn Town. However, I've already used my Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball TMs. Does anyone know if you can get them again?
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm not able to answer that question yet, but once I have an answer, it'll be noted in my playthrough where the TMs are all located and if extras can be found. Currently working in tandem on the actual walkthrough (currently traveling to Mt. Icestorm, just did the Serenity Gym) and on the Pokémon list (importing as I do the walkthrough, imported through Route 413 and includes Route 417 ATM).

Cyclone

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Da_Man32
Togepi

Okay. Thanks for replying.
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
elfman987
Unhatched Egg

I really love this game. Only thing bad about it is no Brandon or May from Ruby game. But besides this this is better than any pokemon hack, or game made by Nintendo.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:05 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfman987 View Post
I really love this game. Only thing bad about it is no Brandon or May from Ruby game. But besides this this is better than any pokemon hack, or game made by Nintendo.
Got to agree but it is OK as many other Rivals have taken place which makes this hack quite a cool one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Haven't been here for a while.

A note about the Venipede thing from a few pages back, I fixed all the other experience problems, but left Venipede as very high experience because it was memorable from my playthrough and there's nothing wrong with bugs that help you out. It was a bug originally, but now it's intentional. Think of it as an easter egg.
Making it a handy poke to get experience while training for the league along with Lucky Egg

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 17th, 2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man32 View Post
Hi guys. Great game. I need some help. I just got my free Rotom in Lendyn Town. However, I've already used my Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball TMs. Does anyone know if you can get them again?
I don't think you can get the TMs again... maybe you can get two of TMs that are given as a gift but no other...
I don't really remember where but I think there's a TM shop somewhere.
It doesn't sell every TM, though.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Ajduk

Why is leveling up so fast in this game? :O
And is there anything like a battle frontier or something to do when you beat both regions?

Also, how to pokemon whcih usually evolve by trade evolve in this game?
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I actually ended up with two TM23 (Iron Tail) when it somehow reappeared after I first picked it up on Route 408.

I do think a shop in Lauren selling extras of some of the TMs would be worthwhile.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Ajduk

So far I love this game
I only don't like the fact that you are leveling up waaay too fast. I had a charmander before I got to Oak in the first town(and only by fighting trainers).

So,

Can you go on the world championship multiple times?
And how do trade pokemon evolve in this game?

Also, I would like to thank the creator of this game
It is amazing
I don't have a DS so I never got to try the 4th generation and this is as close as I get and it is great :D

Last edited by Ajduk; March 18th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
bearman2011
Unhatched Egg

Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new in all the forum stuff, sorry if this is not where I should ask this.
Me and a friend would like to make a nice hack ourselves. We've got ideas for a storyline, a good plot, and a lot of fantasy left to spend. We are willing to put a lot of time and effort in it.
Can anyone help me out? As in, wich programs do I use? Are these free programs, or do I have to pay?

If the makers of this hack, or anyone else sees this, and think they might help us with wich programs to use, or to show us the basics, please contact me.

Grtz: Bearman2011
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Ajduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearman2011 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new in all the forum stuff, sorry if this is not where I should ask this.
Me and a friend would like to make a nice hack ourselves. We've got ideas for a storyline, a good plot, and a lot of fantasy left to spend. We are willing to put a lot of time and effort in it.
Can anyone help me out? As in, wich programs do I use? Are these free programs, or do I have to pay?

If the makers of this hack, or anyone else sees this, and think they might help us with wich programs to use, or to show us the basics, please contact me.

There are a lot of RPG makers out there and most of them have really good tutorials for making pokemon games. You should check them out.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
Why is leveling up so fast in this game? :O
And is there anything like a battle frontier or something to do when you beat both regions?

Also, how to pokemon whcih usually evolve by trade evolve in this game?
By trading. They are programmed as trades in the game. For instance, a Scyther you can acquire early on is holding a Metal Coat, and boom, it evolved to Scizor when you receive it.

The only one you can't evolve is Froslass, due to an oversight. I'm working on a patch where it appears. Note I haven't seen it as programmed yet, so it IS very rare even when it's out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearman2011 View Post
Hey everyone,

Might be best to ask those questions over here. I will provide one answer in that AdvanceMap (which is located in the Toolbox subforum where I linked above) is the main map editing and tile editing tool, so I advise getting that at a minimum. Other programs will be needed for scripting and such, so again, head to the forum linked above and ask there.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

Nature: Naughty
i really tried playing this game so much. but everytime i try to play it on my psp it simply doesnt works. so i wonder why im so sad about it.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Ajduk

Thanks for your reply.

And what about endgame content?
Is there only the world championship or is there a battle frontier as well?

Also, can you go more then once on the world championship?

I find the previous pokemon games(until emerald and including fr/lg) boring because the lack of endgame content.

Also, what about Electivire? He can evolve only by trade and I don't see him on the trade pokemon list. :O
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

And what about endgame content?
Is there only the world championship or is there a battle frontier as well?

Also, can you go more then once on the world championship?

I find the previous pokemon games(until emerald and including fr/lg) boring because the lack of endgame content.

Also, what about Electivire? He can evolve only by trade and I don't see him on the trade pokemon list. :O
I took a break, so I'm still in Zhery. Finishing up Mt. Winter, in fact (though I have tested something by playing through Steam HQ and the final Gym on someone else's save). I thus don't know about post-E4 content.

That noted, I will look further into Electivire. It's possible it got missed, as well. However, I do know that it evolved by an item introduced in the 4th Gen. and thus I have no information on how to evolve it. If no evolution is found, I will have to add it in some highly electrified area.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Ajduk

Thank you

Would it be too much to ask that you make an updated GameBoid version of the game for us who want to play on Android devices? I know that there is a way to make this gba version run on gameboid, but if you google it, you will see that a lot of people can't make it work for some reason. I have tried everything, all suggestions to make it work, and it didn't.
At the end, I found an already fixed version and downloaded it.

About those trade evolutions:

Did you consider making them evolve on a certain level?
There is a black and white hack that does that(if I remember correctly) so I guess that it could work here as well.

Thank you for continuing your work on this awesome game
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Thank you

Would it be too much to ask that you make an updated GameBoid version of the game for us who want to play on Android devices? I know that there is a way to make this gba version run on gameboid, but if you google it, you will see that a lot of people can't make it work for some reason. I have tried everything, all suggestions to make it work, and it didn't.
At the end, I found an already fixed version and downloaded it.

About those trade evolutions:

Did you consider making them evolve on a certain level?
There is a black and white hack that does that(if I remember correctly) so I guess that it could work here as well.

Thank you for continuing your work on this awesome game
Just an FYI, I'm not the game creator. That credit goes to Wesley, and Snakebyte was the first to release some updates to the game after him. As such, I can't do anything to convert the game anyhow, and even so, we always recommend that you play it using the current version of VisualBoyAdvance as other emulators - well - aren't as good. Per the PSP comment someone made earlier, there's nothing we can do about that either. In fact, I once helped someone who couldn't see underwater segments at all on her emulator by providing a map and directions through; she made it through and challenged the E4.

I'm not sure where the English patch originated, but I'm glad it did. Otherwise I might not have tried it.

EDIT: A note on Electivire. I just poked around my PC and found it hanging around in mine. This is the same Elekid from Yellow Town, and it's at Lv.40. I think it evolved naturally! If not, try using a Thunderstone and that might do it.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; March 18th, 2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Found something.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Electabuzz evolves to Electivire at level 40. Though don't go higher as there is a level bug that brings its level back if you do
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links