The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you want to have some Fake Pokemon in this hack?
Yes 31 34.83%
No 58 65.17%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_The_Riper View Post
Munna
For the Pokemon moveset related questions, just simply use YAPE to check.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yes, you can find Calm mind TM in Flora Sky but it is very far i-e at Puel City

Thank you very much, i guess will be evolving him now :D

Edit:

Does YAPE stands for "Yet another pokemon editor"? because i have no idea what that is or what does that have to do whit this :/?

Edit2:

Rufflet inavilty to learn Bulk up is an accident or was made with a reason?

Last edited by Jack_The_Riper; March 13th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Does YAPE stands for "Yet another pokemon editor"? because i have no idea what that is or what does that have to do whit this :/?
Yes.

Quote:
Rufflet inavilty to learn Bulk up is an accident or was made with a reason?
Keep in mind Rufflet is a Gen. V Pokémon introduced to a Gen. III hack. Bulk Up can be learned in Gen. III, but either this was an oversight or there's a reason it cannot be taught. Also, are you waiting for it to learn by levelup, or by TM08?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Yes.

Keep in mind Rufflet is a Gen. V Pokémon introduced to a Gen. III hack. Bulk Up can be learned in Gen. III, but either this was an oversight or there's a reason it cannot be taught. Also, are you waiting for it to learn by levelup, or by TM08?

Cyclone

TM, and what you said was pretty much what i said, except i did in question mode. I was asking in case he overlooked that Move when programming the Pokemon into the game.

Edit: After re-reading my post i noticed i might had sounded Rude, which wasn't my intention, if that was the case i apologise

Last edited by Jack_The_Riper; March 13th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:15 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
TM, and what you said was pretty much what i said, except i did in question mode. I was asking in case he overlooked that Move when programming the Pokemon into the game.

Edit: After re-reading my post i noticed i might had sounded Rude, which wasn't my intention, if that was the case i apologise
No one knows the plans of SKY when he added gen 5 pokes in the hack and which move sets he added in their levels
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:

It's most likely because of the Pokemon that Rufflet replaced.
The original Pokemon might have had TM08 learn-able so it stayed with Rufflet as well.

Old March 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's most likely because of the Pokemon that Rufflet replaced.
The original Pokemon might have had TM08 learn-able so it stayed with Rufflet as well.
Did you mean the other way around? 'cos i meant that Rufflet can't learn it and he should.

I was asking if when he made the TM list he overlooked Bulk up or this was on propose... since now there is nothing to raise Attk in Rufflet since honing claws doesn't exist in the Rom.

Edit:

Ok, something really odd just happen to me, I was planting a berry and just when i finished putting it on the ground a "!" sing appeared over it and I must had hit a rabid Mole on the head because the whole screen went red and i had to restart the game... Had this ever happen before?

Last edited by Jack_The_Riper; March 14th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Did you mean the other way around? 'cos i meant that Rufflet can't learn it and he should.

I was asking if when he made the TM list he overlooked Bulk up or this was on propose... since now there is nothing to raise Attk in Rufflet since honing claws doesn't exist in the Rom.

Edit:

Ok, something really odd just happen to me, I was planting a berry and just when i finished putting it on the ground a "!" sing appeared over it and I must had hit a rabid Mole on the head because the whole screen went red and i had to restart the game... Had this ever happen before?
If you really want to have your Rufflet learn that move than give it the TM then. You know the first gym leader gives it to you.......
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:54 PM
dlcuber
Unhatched Egg

Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I really don't have the time to browse through all 189 pages of this thread.

So... on to my question. I notice there are 2 ups files - the main version and complement dex.

Do I patch the main, then the complement dex? or just one of them?
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, whatever works... the purpose is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcuber View Post
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I really don't have the time to browse through all 189 pages of this thread.

So... on to my question. I notice there are 2 ups files - the main version and complement dex.

You patch one of them, both are different versions with different Pokemon.

Old March 15th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
If you really want to have your Rufflet learn that move than give it the TM then. You know the first gym leader gives it to you.......

What i was trying to say is that he doesn't accept the TM and he should.

Also, i discover an interesting bug, if you plant a Leppa Berry on the last spot of soft earth, from right to left, in the way to pokemon ligue, over the city of the Safari Zone, passing the Azumarrils, the spot of earth behaves like a trainer and attack you after showing a "!" sing over its head but the screen just goes red and you have to restart the game, others berry could have the same result but the other one i tried only changed the place i needed to be to activate the glich (with the Leppa it was right in front, with the others further back in a straight line)
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:51 PM
adriankzsr

I find this bug too in firs i was scary
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:09 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:

You should only download the main version first and after playing it download the C-Dex version Flora Sky's official website as the version here is buggy
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:36 PM
StormForever
Unhatched Egg

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to catch a Lickitung on Route I, and I'm not sure how to get up on the ledge with the grass. I assume the Hiker that talks about the volcano eruption probably blocks the way, and if that's the case, how/when does he move?

I currently have 4 badges.
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Also, i discover an interesting bug, if you plant a Leppa Berry on the last spot of soft earth, from right to left, in the way to pokemon ligue, over the city of the Safari Zone, passing the Azumarrils, the spot of earth behaves like a trainer and attack you after showing a "!" sing over its head but the screen just goes red and you have to restart the game, others berry could have the same result but the other one i tried only changed the place i needed to be to activate the glich (with the Leppa it was right in front, with the others further back in a straight line)
Well... berries aren't something you should try in hacks as they might be modified as you see in this bug...

Old March 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
lovepokemon(:
Pokemon Lover

Nature: Jolly
Hey,
I have a problem.Actually im tryin' to fullfill my Pokedex(Main Version).
I already have seen 383 Pokemon , that means that only three are left.
These ones are #216,#188 and Latios(#381).
I know that #188 is Vespiquen but i dunno how to find it.
Which Pokemon is #216 and where i can find it?
BTW, congrats to Sky for this AWESOME hack.Best ever played.

Ok, if the question won't get a respond i will try some other
Are there any useful tips to find the remaining Eon-Pokemon(Latios)?
And how long does it take until there will be a combee in the honey-tree in the Honey Village?
Thanks

Last edited by lovepokemon(:; March 16th, 2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormForever View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to catch a Lickitung on Route I, and I'm not sure how to get up on the ledge with the grass. I assume the Hiker that talks about the volcano eruption probably blocks the way, and if that's the case, how/when does he move?

I currently have 4 badges.

He will move after a certain event, but i can't quite recall which, you should try visiting after getting the fifth and sixth badge, I'm sure that you should be able to cross after the sixth.

Also, Lovepokemon, you can catch Conbee by aplying honey to the yellow trees in the Bug Forest and The honey city next to Golden city, wait for 6 hours and come back, if you found a female Combee you can evolve it to Vespiquen by leveling.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
dlcuber
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
You should only download the main version first and after playing it download the C-Dex version Flora Sky's official website as the version here is buggy
Thanks. Just one more quick question. Are the saves between the two versions like interchangeable?
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepokemon(: View Post
Ok, if the question won't get a respond i will try some other
Are there any useful tips to find the remaining Eon-Pokemon(Latios)?
And how long does it take until there will be a combee in the honey-tree in the Honey Village?
Thanks
Latios is either on Eon Island or roaming through Hoenn if you caught Latias on its special location.

Quote:
Thanks. Just one more quick question. Are the saves between the two versions like interchangeable?
No!
Both versions have different Pokemon on the same ROM spots and different locations.
If you use the save for different version, you will surely encounter many bugs.

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:36 AM
lovepokemon(:
Pokemon Lover

Nature: Jolly
Thanks Ash, but where is Eon Island and how can i get there? (:
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM
SCPadgeebar
Unhatched Egg

Too many pages, can't look for the answer. @_@

When I patch the Final Main Version using tsukuyomi, it will be successful. But when I patch the Complement Dex Bug Fixes, it will fail.

Team Multitype Banner Maker
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:59 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Latias or Latios are caughtable on Mt. Fullmoon. Not Eon Island (Sorry Ash493). If you caught one then the other one roams Hoenn where you can track it by PokeDex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPadgeebar View Post
Too many pages, can't look for the answer. @_@

When I patch the Final Main Version using tsukuyomi, it will be successful. But when I patch the Complement Dex Bug Fixes, it will fail.
If you are trying to over patch a ROM then you cannot do this man. But if you are trying to patch on a clean ROM then download C-DEX version from Flora Sky's official website

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 17th, 2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
You should get there by using event ticket because IIRC Sky did not remove these islands... Maybe I am mistaken but you may try it there instead of running throughout Hoenn.

Quote:
Latias or Latios are caughtable on Mt. Fullmoon. Not Eon Island (Sorry Ash493). If you caught one then the other one roams Hoenn where you can track it by PokeDex
That's the location I depicted as special location

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:37 AM
SCPadgeebar
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
If you are trying to over patch a ROM then you cannot do this man. But if you are trying to patch on a clean ROM then download C-DEX version from Flora Sky's official website
So basically what I would do is Patch the Final Version over the C-DEX version?
Nevermind, haha.
Sorry for my ignorance, it's my first time with UPS Files.

Last edited by SCPadgeebar; March 18th, 2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:02 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Having some minor issues with Flora not even getting past the menu screen with Boycott advance (I have a Mac, sorry not sorry, maybe sorry, yes sorry)

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here