The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

In Pokemon Snap, which Pokemon was is that you have to throw an apple, or rock at it , to knock it into a pit of lava to evolve? Charmeleon right? I was thinking of physical requirment of evolving like the way I was describing. Putting a Pokemon in lava, or freeze it solid, or dumping it in a special kind of water. But must have a valid reason why. Like has to be level 25 only, or any other level. Or must have a specific attack, defense, or speed points. Or happiness has to be high. Somewhere in the lines of that. (Obviously having a action or option to have for your Pokemon to do so at the place where you evolve the Pokemon)

Maybe a Pokemon that evolves only if the entire team is happy, or satisfied with the owning trainer.

A Pokemon that's heavily depended on some way of food like berries to evolve. Feeding it a butt load of berries, puffins etc; (Rare Candy doesn't count)

Or the opposite of happiness. Have a Pokemon evolve because the anger or sadness it builds up.
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
How about a Pokemon evolving by leveling up under a certain weather condition? I'm sure that a Pokemon like Sunkern for example would appreciate the rain/sun to help it to evolve into Sunflora.

Other possibilities could be that a Pokemon can only evolve under a certain ability, although on second thought I'm not sure how this is going to work. It might possibly need up to three different evolutions depending on how many abilities the Pokemon has, to make sure that this idea works well.
I'm surprised weather based evolutions haven't occurred already, actually...

But definitely I'd prefer that over sun/water stone. :)
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:27 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm surprised weather based evolutions haven't occurred already, actually...

But definitely I'd prefer that over sun/water stone.
I'm also surprised Gf hasn't made weather evolutions especially after the introduction of weather to the environment in generation 1. Perhaps they could make it natural weather (from the environment rather then created by a Pokemon move) if they don't want us to get the evolution too early on (well if they didn't they could also put them near the end), or perhaps like I said earlier in this thread they can do an evolution using weather when a Pokemon has one of the weather rocks and said weather is activated, and the pokemon levels up holding say Heat rock in the case of Sunflora ( for the sake of an example) while under the sun it'll evolve.
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Weather evolutions do sound pretty good at first, but then you realize that all you have to do is use raindance or sandstorm or hail or sunny day. This form of evolution is too easy and simple to be actually used in-game.

Gen 6.
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
What about evolution induced by some location-specific 'weathers'..I am thinking something like Volcanic Ash , Magma or a Suphuric atmosphere near a volcano ? Ofc, i say weather because i lack a better term.
I can see certain fire types evolving by 'bathing' in Magma and some Poison types evolving by 'breathing' in the sulphuric Atmosphere.

Can you guys think of more along the same lines ?
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
What about evolution induced by some location-specific 'weathers'..I am thinking something like Volcanic Ash , Magma or a Suphuric atmosphere near a volcano ? Ofc, i say weather because i lack a better term.
I can see certain fire types evolving by 'bathing' in Magma and some Poison types evolving by 'breathing' in the sulphuric Atmosphere.

Can you guys think of more along the same lines ?
Well that would certainly keep you from using Rain Dance or other moves to evolve your Pokemon (although I don't think that's such a bad thing in the first place), but it's not really too different from the using rocks to evolve Eevee into Leafeon/Glaceon or evolving Magneton to Magnezone. They're still location based evolutions.

Unless of course it would be dependent on random weather, which seems kinda mean since you've got no control of anything like that and you can't even just wait for them to happen like you can wait for it to be night/day.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Weather evolutions do sound pretty good at first, but then you realize that all you have to do is use raindance or sandstorm or hail or sunny day. This form of evolution is too easy and simple to be actually used in-game.
I mentioned perhaps they could use natural weather, as in not set by a Pokemon. The weather could be location specific.

I really like Scarf's idea of volcanic ash, it'll be nice to see that make a return. Maybe they can evolve Camerupt, and Torcoal under that.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Forever
let it go

Volcanic ash would be awesome and also could heal your Pokemon of status at the same time so it could have a double-up effect :3
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Roranosuke
Unhatched Egg

I like the weather idea. Personally, I doubt anything like Kerrablast & Shelmet will come up again, though I wouldn't put GF past considering at some point things like "Happiness evolution at level XX while holding X rock in the morning."
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I think weather-based evolution could be cool for new Pokémon, but editing anything old just for the sake of using the new feature would be silly. I like the volcanic ash suggestion especially, maybe give Torkoal and evolution that would evolve under it, or a Heatmor pre-evolution/new evolution.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
I remember seeing a mention of a food-based evolution and I really support that idea. France has some of the finest food in the world at least in my opinion so it'd definitely be interesting to see something like Feebas to Milotic again except instead of poffins perhaps if you made a certain dish and fed it to your Pokemon a certain amount of times, the Pokemon would evolve? Just a thought :3.

Some of the dishes could even include frog legs, but then again I'm not sure if Game Freak would decide to put that in :B. But any fine-tasting or famously known French food :3.

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I remember seeing a mention of a food-based evolution and I really support that idea. France has some of the finest food in the world at least in my opinion so it'd definitely be interesting to see something like Feebas to Milotic again except instead of poffins perhaps if you made a certain dish and fed it to your Pokemon a certain amount of times, the Pokemon would evolve? Just a thought :3.

Some of the dishes could even include frog legs, but then again I'm not sure if Game Freak would decide to put that in :B. But any fine-tasting or famously known French food :3.
Giving frog legs to Froakie for example could be the meanest thing ever. ;_; I'm okay if it's actual food, but not if it's actual... animals/Pokemon as an evolution method. :x
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I was thinking that maybe pokemon can evolve if it has a certain sickness like Pokerus, even though it'd be extremely rare to evolve a pokemon from that, it can be quite interesting, imo. And another thing, how do you guys feel about evolution that is more deeply involved with DNA? Or perhaps more odd and hidden evolution methods? For example... there was that time where Nincada can technically evolve into both a Ninjask, and a Shedinja, so long as you've had a pokeball and a empty slot in your party. Could there be one pokemon that you have to have at least one other pokemon to evolve the other pokemon with?

Or with letters:

You need Pokemon "A" and "B" to evolve Pokemon "A" to Pokemon "C".

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Forever
let it go

Maybe with that in mind you could also need a certain strand of DNA to get evolution..? If DNA does become important, that is.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus'

Most complicated evolution ever

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus'

Most complicated evolution ever
Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus Using only Magikarp

On a more serious note, How about some Mechanical evolution. I mentioned this on another thread.I'm thinking something similar to the scenario of Genesect. What if they include a Machine in some hidden/evacuated Laboratory which you can use to evolve certain Pokemons. Specifically Fossil pokemons.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:35 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Maybe using that theory but applying the Leafeon, Glaceon rock evo way is how I'd see that being implemented.

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links